5 replies to this topic

#1 V01ce0fR3as0n

V01ce0fR3as0n

FNG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 04:35 PM

From what I hear, Melson is supposed to be a decent guy. From what I've read, both about him and by him, he is way overqualified for the position of ATF Director, a position which no one else wants (except for some within ATF). That being said, he was placed here to carry water for a while and just to keep the ship from crashing, so the administration could pretend for a while that the ATF problems did not exist. Melson is being a soldier and doing that with which he was charged, because he was not charged with changing or improving ATF or its management cadre. He was not charged with meting out discipline to lying, corrupt managers, establishing the same ethical standards for management as that expected of agents and other employees, or fact checking the blurbs that are handed him before he sits before Congress and spouts what he was told and believes is true. Mr. Melson actually told Congress that ATF initiated 300 cases in 120 days on the border initiative. The fact that he did not crack a smile or vomit on the table shows that he had no idea that although 300 case numbers might have been pulled, not ten of those developed into quality investigations to address border violence. Speak to those around you who went on those 120 day details. Ask them about what they did while on detail. To an agent they will tell you that they played golf, went to the beach, worked out, and did a lot of fun things. Quality work and complex investigations will not be on their lists; quality work was not available to them. A train wreck on the border is still a train wreck.
V01c30fR3a$0n

#2 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:32 AM

Is Mr. Melson even in the loop anymore or is Loss running the show? Who could make such asinine selections and think that nobody would notice? Stinnett, a career atty and bean counter in charge of one of our most important directorates? Ford and Martin running Intell? Come on, at least make appointments that will have some future growth within ATF. Edgar Domenech was sent to the war college with no obligation to stay until mandatory? Why would we do that? Why not send some up and comer who has ten or more years to do so that the Bureau could benefit from the leadership traits gained from this training. As it sits right now, Edgar is the only one benefiting and his resume of course. Edgar, did the Bureau just instantly stop its reprisals on whistle blowers, or did they just BUY your silence. If that's the case it suggests you never did care about the Bureau and these practices or you would still be pursuing them. Lets see if the Bureau pays his hefty settlement out of our operating as required of the No Fear Act or whether they hide it like always. Maybe that's why they had to dump Potter and Nichols Cadi's to pay Edgar.

#3 Guest_Corny_*

Guest_Corny_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:48 AM

I'm still reeling. Seriously guys, an atty with NO investigative background who has been our Chief bean counter for years is now going to be running Internal Affairs? Seriously? Granted they screwed the pooch thinking Crenshaw could possibly run the integrity police w/o any personal integrity of his own. BUT, at least even he had seen and knew what a report of investigation was. Do you guys know how inept you are appearing to the field and the public? I'm sure you do, as you can read the stories and watch the media accounts. We are STILL speaking up Mr. Melson. Final note: Wilfred and Martin? That combination just sings of intelligence.

There is no "change" taking place. It is a shell game of bosses. Is Ford all of a sudden going to be a good and affective leader at OSII vs. PGA? We are so damn messed up it brings tears to my eyes. They just don't get it and the only way they will is when Congress tells Holder to clean house. They simply can not fix this on their own. They are not capable.

Regarding Loki's "Ladies in Waiting", I got some good, good, good ones to lay down here. Just waiting for the right time to post up.

#4 Loki

Loki

FNG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 02 May 2010 - 07:06 AM

This organizational chart is also missing the "Ladies in Waiting". The ladies waiting to get (#@!$%#$% so that they can get promotions, awards and more promotion, awards from these predators. This Ladies in Waiting club is nothing new. Brad Buckles John McGaw Carl Truscott ....are a few of the Directors that had their ladies in waiting....so why should we be surprise if others like Krenshaw, Ford, Hoover, Gillette and Stankiewicz attempt to get their lady in waiting. I am not saying that it is right or that I agree with it. I am not gonna call the ladies out but you know who you are! YEA YOU!!!

#5 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 30 April 2010 - 08:58 AM

I'm still reeling. Seriously guys, an atty with NO investigative background who has been our Chief bean counter for years is now going to be running Internal Affairs? Seriously? Granted they screwed the pooch thinking Crenshaw could possibly run the integrity police w/o any personal integrity of his own. BUT, at least even he had seen and knew what a report of investigation was. Do you guys know how inept you are appearing to the field and the public? I'm sure you do, as you can read the stories and watch the media accounts. We are STILL speaking up Mr. Melson. Final note: Wilfred and Martin? That combination just sings of intelligence.

#6 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:00 PM

Did Melson really tell Newsweek on the record that not having a permanent Director for 5 years "in no way has impacted our mission or ability to perform at our highest level"? Then why Mr. Melson did you have to make a presentation that you "felt really good about" to main Justice to try an keep our explosive jurisdiction? How did it get to the point where there was EVER any question? Its in our DAMN name sir. Is it your contention that a ONE YEAR ATF veteran such as yourself is revered on the hill the same as Mr. Mueller? Aint happening, he is a career law enforcement Leader. You have your strengths for sure. And you are a respected public servant. However, you are NOT ATF and it shows. What are we going to be negotiating next, the FIREARMS jurisdiction.

Please review the below attached organizational chart. Am I missing the " Executive Assistant Director" position? Did they just make this up because of Billy's gross mismanagement? Are they allowed to create positions which have not been approved by OPM? What is his line of authority? We are a government agency, we have rules and formal chain of commands. Does Billy even have statutory authority to make ANY decision? According to the DOJ approved Chain of Command, Billy doesnt even exist. If Chait or any of them say one more time, wink wink nod nod, Mr. Melson is actually acting as the Director and Billy is REALLY the DD, we should all call them out. The smoke and Mirrors has to stop. Mr. Melson is NOT really the Director, and Billy is NOT really the Deputy Director. What happens when a new Director IS finally appointed and confirmed and he wants his OWN DD. Where does attorney Melson go. What job does Billy have. Are they just padding themselves for their upcoming retirements? We ARE speaking up Mr. Melson

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users