#1 Retired and loving it

Retired and loving it

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 26 February 2011 - 12:12 PM

Lancebone1967, it could have been said a bit more eloqently but you get an A+++ on getting to the point and hitting the nail directly on the head as to content. Act people!

#2 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:35 AM

"I'm just one guy, I can't do anything" line.

To those who know and are still sitting on the fence:

Serpico was one guy. He did something.

#3 lancebone1967

lancebone1967

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:36 AM

The below post is spot-on accurate. ATF's current HQ leadership team views themselves as above the law.

+ The topic of advise to the Deputy Director - nearly ten-thousand viewings!
+ The topic on the Phoenix Field Division - over ten-thousand viewings!
+ The topic titled "Grapevine" - OVER TWENTY-FIVE-THOUSAND VIEWINGS!

And these guys still think no one is watching what they do or figuring it out?

To all the people who want to bitch about the anonymity of CleanUpATF or Whistle-blowers concealing their identities - F**K OFF. If it is the truth what does it matter?

And the same people bitching are the one's standing around the break room, sitting at Starbucks, or chit-chatting in their cubicles about how f**ked up this place is.

There are dozens of "sleepers" in Phoenix who know the details and truth on Gunrunner but are sitting back with the "I ain't saying s**t until I get subpoenaed". Well f**k you then.

When you know something is wrong, dangerously wrong, and you are afraid to speak up because of retaliation, etc., then shut the f**k up. You're cowards! Agents in Phoenix have a longstanding reputation of not having the balls to open their mouths when they know things are dangerously wrong. Because you are afraid of Joe Gordon or George Gillett? F**k you then. Sit and bitch and take what you get when this all shakes out but don't for a minute pretend that you were a part of any change. Most of you wouldn't say s**t if you had mouthful.

And that goes for all of you in HQ who constantly speak "out of school" about how f**ked everything is but won't raise your damn hand to do anything. You're even bigger cowards. We pay you to lead, not sit at Au Bon Pain and talk about how bad our leadership is and try to escape with the "I'm just one guy, I can't do anything" line. Turn your badge and gun in and go sell insurance! And, if you try to jump on the train just as it leaves the station and as the old regime is getting kicked out, f**k you. You're not welcome. Every damn one of you who knows what's up and are waiting for someone else to do the dirty work are a bunch of f**king sissies.

-----------------------------------------------
Webmaster Comment: This post is on the ragged edge in terms of compliance with our Forum Rules and decorum, but we're going to allow it because (in gritty language) it handily sums up the depth of the visceral anger, frustration and justified outrage that so many decent, hard working and honest ATF employees feel towards their so-called leadership. Things really are this bad, and you Armani-suited, Italian-loafered brown-nosers had better take heed before it's too late (if it isn't already).

#4 Guest_CUATF Webmaster_*

Guest_CUATF Webmaster_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:54 AM

OK, so that was an intentionally misleading title for this topic to lure you in. Now that I have your attention, I simply wanted to point out (once again) that only under ATF's surreal "Reverse/Inverted Merit System (RIMS)" could a senior management official get publicly nailed (so to speak) for (allegedly) disabling smoke detectors in a hotel room, mounting (if you will) a plywood sheet replete with duct tape padded "access" port, inviting numerous complete strangers in for...ummm..."firearms inspections", and still....stay with me here...STILL (well over a year later)...be listed as "Director of Industry Operations (DIO)" on the ATF national website's Houston Field Division page under "Management Team"!

Just what the heck do you have to actually do to get demoted let alone fired as an ATF manager?

Well, at least we know some of the things that apparently will not result in any meaningful disciplinary action (for the Bureau's "elites"):

• Repeatedly lying, obfuscating, prevaricating, dissembling or otherwise shredding the truth under oath;
  • Lying and/or grotesquely misrepresenting the actual facts before Congress, or refusing to cooperate and intentionally interfering with legitimate Congressional oversight inquiries;
  • Violating stacks of DOJ, ATF and/or government-wide ethics, conduct, EEO, or other regs;
  • Misusing government assets and resources for personal gain in ways that would make the most brazen tin-pot South American dictator blush;
  • Engaging in operations and policies that the average middle school girl would recognize as foolhardy, ill-advised or downright idiotic;
  • Profoundly mismanaging Bureau assets, screwing the pooch in a wide variety of important operational areas, or otherwise failing to meet basic standards of professional competence;
  • Viciously abusing, retaliating against, extorting or wrongfully destroying the careers of mere agents or other employees;
  • Deliberately refusing to protect agents from validated threats or even overt acts of violence by dirtbag criminals, solely because the agent refused to bow down to corrupt managers;
  • Engaging in numerous oral acts with random strangers (aka, "servicing the taxpayers") in a hotel room, while on duty, after vandalizing hotel property (allegedly);
Now don't get me wrong...I am not pontificating here about the relative morality of public servants enjoyin' a lil' consensual man-to-man Glory Hole lovin' (criminal property damage aspects aside). That said, every now and again, the sheer volume, arrogance, and sweeping totality of ATF management's abject corruption takes one's breath away, and you can only shake your head and say (out loud), "Wow". These guys will circle the wagons, whitewash, studiously ignore, CYA, and otherwise fanatically protect their "own" under just about any conceivable (or in this case, heretofore "inconceivable") circumstances, no matter how ridiculous, incompetent, or dishonorable it exposes them to be. It's all a bit like a particularly jaded Quentin Tarontino movie, only with less talent.

In the past, they knew that if they just hunkered down for awhile, the spotlight would eventually swing somewhere else, and they could get back to business as usual. Not anymore (although they don't completely realize it just yet).

JMHO

--------------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users