21 replies to this topic

#1 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

Banned, I will do some asking around and get back to you.

A little birdie has told Madea that a retired AD is currently a contractor for the agency. The little birdie told Madea that this contractor is doing background investigations while he is receiving a full SES retirement package. Can anyone confirm if John Malone is indeed working in such a contract position? If this is so, John Malone needs to face the shame of continuing to sit at the government trough.

John, are you not receiving enough money in your retirement? If this is true John, do you realize that you are taking a job that should be going to a returning veteran? Again I ask, is there no level of shame that you people cannot endure?

Also, if anyone knows of other retired SES managers who continue to feed at the public trough, please call them out. If this is true about John Malone, I believe it’s appropriate to identify this problem by contacting congressional members.

#2 Guest_BannedInDetroit_*

Guest_BannedInDetroit_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:51 AM

A little birdie has told Madea that a retired AD is currently a contractor for the agency. The little birdie told Madea that this contractor is doing background investigations while he is receiving a full SES retirement package. Can anyone confirm if John Malone is indeed working in such a contract position? If this is so, John Malone needs to face the shame of continuing to sit at the government trough.

John, are you not receiving enough money in your retirement? If this is true John, do you realize that you are taking a job that should be going to a returning veteran? Again I ask, is there no level of shame that you people cannot endure?

Also, if anyone knows of other retired SES managers who continue to feed at the public trough, please call them out. If this is true about John Malone, I believe it’s appropriate to identify this problem by contacting congressional members.

#3 Guest_madea_*

Guest_madea_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:43 AM

Here’s a reality check folks.....when you get in trouble with ATF and choose to hire an attorney who repeatedly tells you that he doesn’t think you have a winnable case, you can expect that attorney to encourage you to resign. Now, if you make him go forward with the hearing anyway and the dumb ass actually wins, please expect ATF to appeal. Please expect ATF to make your life a living hell because you are back at work. You see folks, once they stop loving you, they are never going to welcome you back into the klan again.

So when ATF’s dirty retaliations start, and they will, don’t look around to blame your new problems on someone else. Additionally, you may want to reconsider hiring the same dumb ass attorney who told you that you had a losing case to begin with, to do the appeal. You see, you’ll have to depend on that same dumb ass to step up and file new charges regarding the ongoing retaliation. So, considering that the dumb ass originally wanted to dump your case by getting you to resign, please don’t expect him to step up and fight for you now. You’re just a piece of gum stuck to the bottom of his shoe that he can’t scrape off.

#4 Guest_madea_*

Guest_madea_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

I’m sorry Tom, but unfortunately I need to point out your short comings once again. While you were home this past weekend, those of us on the southwest side of Detroit braced ourselves for the possibility of a RIOT. Of course Tom, ATF agents were NO WHERE NEARBY. How do I know this? The local police told me they weren’t. Your agents were hiding out in another part of Detroit.

Tell me Tom, are they looking for AK 47s in Corktown? I understand there’s a charming little pub in that area, and who can resist admiring all the lovely container gardens? Or Tom, were they enjoying the new restaurant in Midtown? Nevertheless, they weren’t in the area of Toledo and Lansing. They weren’t there on Friday or Saturday night. Oh that’s right, shame on me. I forgot that’s the weekend. Why would I believe that your former office would work the site of multiple shootings late on a Friday night. Certainly a percentage of your hard working Detroit agents were fast asleep dreaming of their golf game the following morning and their new Spiderman iphones. Once again Tom, your former office and their brand spanking new SAC missed a hot event on a weekend. I will recommend to the gangs that they schedule violent gun activity at hours more conducive to the Detroit agents’ weekend leisure time.

#5 Iceman

Iceman

Regular

• Moderators
  • 107 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

I'm not in the Reno Office.

So did you take them up on their offer to transfer you?

#6 retired1811

retired1811

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

So did you take them up on their offer to transfer you?

#7 Iceman

Iceman

Regular

• Moderators
  • 107 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:21 AM

The San Francisco Field management staff sat by while false (Proven false by ATF Internal Affairs investigation) allegations were made by the U.S. Attorneys Office regarding our Reno agents. Then the U.S. Atty contacted local law enforcement leadership and ground whatever axe they were grinding further and now The D.A. is tainted as well. What did Mr. Turk, Brandon and Jones do? NOTHING. Pulled Herkins and of course promoted him. Advised the staff that it is an election year and they didn't want to get in a fight with the U.S. Atty in an election year and offered EVERY employee in Reno a PAID PCS move to their office of preference. THAT'S our leadership. Reno has been one of the MOST productive offices in the SFFD. Our reputation has been tanked WITHOUT so much as a challenge. GO ALONG TO GET ALONG. Both ASACs who watched and mismanaged this whole process are still in place. Now a HUGE ATF Office will have a skeleton crew and its all based on unfounded and fabricated allegations. Why has the Atty. Generals Office of Professional Responsibility NOT come in to investigate? About a million Dollars of tax payers dollars GONE.

Ok, Madea thinks she needs to point something out. For those of you who are living on the banks of the river of DENIAL, a RIF is a reduction in force. A RIF does not mean the government finds a new home for you. In a RIF, the government sends you to the county home for children and you wait for a family to come and get you. Some of you believe that in a RIF, you will sit at your desk with your suitcase and iphone, and someone nice from another agency will claim you. That is not necessarily true. Again, I received two RIF notices. There was nothing in the pink envelope telling me where to report for my new position. You probably know that ATF was to merge with the Secret Service. Throw some cold water on your faces and wake up. ATF was in the Dept of Treasury back then. There was no Waco, no F&F, just a bad economy. At the time Bob Sanders was the Deputy Director. He was responsible for working with Treasury to put ATF as a separate division of the Secret Service. Sanders was a leader. He fought for his agency.

Now look at your current situation. See anybody fighting for you? Quite the opposite. Here at CleanUp we have been notified of multiple offices and individual agents under attack by a U.S. Attorney’s office. Pretty much all of the agents have been falsely accused of lying. Do you think B. Todd will pick up his limited addition Elmer Fudd iphone to save your job? He’s already made it very clear that he doesn’t even like you. If you had a real leader, you wouldn’t have to be as worried. However, you have to rely on Tom Brandon picking up his limited addition Barbie iphone and starting to lobby to save this agency. From where Madea sits, it looks like Tom is running this agency like a little girl. He has shown no leadership. He has told you everything he thought you wanted to hear and delivered on none of it.

Tom, please don’t take the coward’s way out and point to everyone else. And folks, as I have said repeatedly, don’t expect any better results that what you see in the Detroit office. Tom was typical of the leadership in this city. A city that’s in such ruin that a FEMA camp would be an upgrade for the residents.

For those of you who can’t pull the retirement lever yet, you need to fight for this agency. No one else is.

#8 Guest_madea_*

Guest_madea_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:47 AM

Ok, Madea thinks she needs to point something out. For those of you who are living on the banks of the river of DENIAL, a RIF is a reduction in force. A RIF does not mean the government finds a new home for you. In a RIF, the government sends you to the county home for children and you wait for a family to come and get you. Some of you believe that in a RIF, you will sit at your desk with your suitcase and iphone, and someone nice from another agency will claim you. That is not necessarily true. Again, I received two RIF notices. There was nothing in the pink envelope telling me where to report for my new position. You probably know that ATF was to merge with the Secret Service. Throw some cold water on your faces and wake up. ATF was in the Dept of Treasury back then. There was no Waco, no F&F, just a bad economy. At the time Bob Sanders was the Deputy Director. He was responsible for working with Treasury to put ATF as a separate division of the Secret Service. Sanders was a leader. He fought for his agency.

Now look at your current situation. See anybody fighting for you? Quite the opposite. Here at CleanUp we have been notified of multiple offices and individual agents under attack by a U.S. Attorney’s office. Pretty much all of the agents have been falsely accused of lying. Do you think B. Todd will pick up his limited addition Elmer Fudd iphone to save your job? He’s already made it very clear that he doesn’t even like you. If you had a real leader, you wouldn’t have to be as worried. However, you have to rely on Tom Brandon picking up his limited addition Barbie iphone and starting to lobby to save this agency. From where Madea sits, it looks like Tom is running this agency like a little girl. He has shown no leadership. He has told you everything he thought you wanted to hear and delivered on none of it.

Tom, please don’t take the coward’s way out and point to everyone else. And folks, as I have said repeatedly, don’t expect any better results that what you see in the Detroit office. Tom was typical of the leadership in this city. A city that’s in such ruin that a FEMA camp would be an upgrade for the residents.

For those of you who can’t pull the retirement lever yet, you need to fight for this agency. No one else is.

#9 Patriot

Patriot

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationNortheast

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:26 AM

Again Vince you have stellar insight into our future. As we near the election the AG will step down and take some heat away from the Administration. B. Todd will make the big political move to DC and you can be sure that his leadership at ATF will be part of his highlight reel. He will hold the fate of ATF in his hand in a much bigger way and his vision of a Violent Crime Bureau will grow legs. That is why he is all about the future. It is all very sad, but telling. It is about political survival and not mission. If there was any concern about our mission, then leadership would strive to keep the experienced agent workforce, rather than drive them out. The rhetoric coming from Jones gives me a headache.

#10 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

Mr. Jones is outta here in a few months. Do you think he cares? Mr. Brandon is not far behind him depending on how the political winds blow.There's a reason we have no 1 year, 2 year or 5 year plan. Vegas is giving odds we won't exist as the " Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives" in ONE year. This Boom, Bang and Burn catch phrase is not just a catchy phrase. They are test driving the "Violent Crime Bureau" of the DOJ.They do NOT get it. They do NOT understand that NOBODY can do what ATF Agents do. As a watered down subordinate agency hidden within the massive DOJ or Homeland Security, so will go the aggressive dynamic investigations that have been the trademark of ATF.So will go the second amendment hidden within the Bureaucracy.

Look to the future? What future? Without significant changes, isn't the future just more of the past. How do they not see that?

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

#11 Patriot

Patriot

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationNortheast

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Look to the future? What future? Without significant changes, isn't the future just more of the past. How do they not see that?

#12 Guest_leaderofthetards_*

Guest_leaderofthetards_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

Something you forgot to mention Madea, not only weren’t employees back then not told, “that’s in the past”, ATF was in the TREASURY at that time. The Treasury Secretary found no reason to try to silence everyone. The Treasury I.G.’s office came to talk with the victims of ATF’s outrageous behavior and actually listened to them. The Treasury I.G. made recommendations to IMPROVE on the past. Not so at the DOJ, right? Eric Holder blocks CleanUp. Also Madea, back then, not one attorney had their number blocked. Dave Schippers, Prather Randall, Gayle Dickenson, and every other attorney representing employees, were able to deliver their ugly truths to ATF. Personally, I like ATF’s ugly past better than it’s much uglier present.

What was the difference? Higgins was a permanent Director who was from ATF. Ron Noble (a true leader) was the Undersecretary of the Treasury for L.E., and Eric Holder was in the Civil Rights Branch of the DOJ (as I understand it, Eric Holder signed the settlement check for one of the women who participated in an I.G. investigation and was retaliated against. Wow, hasn’t Holder done a 180 since then?).

Now under the DOJ, with all these attys slithering around, ATF is investigating employees who expose misconduct to the media. Just look at Vince Cefalu’s recent I.A. investigation because he spoke to Tickle the Wire. And let’s not forget Julie Torres who threatened to hunt down any employee posting on CleanUp.

ATF was ugly back then, but it is much much worse today. ‘Don’t look back, just look to the future’, Brandon and Jones? At this rate, I simply can’t stomach looking ahead. I can’t imagine how bad the future is going to be. I don’t want to look ahead. Waco was bad enough. ATF topped it with Fast and Furious. What is in our future we could possibly be optimistic about? You people scare the hell out of me.

Jones and Brandon, with respect to your advice to the field to ignore the wrongs of the past and to just look forward, I would like to point out another history lesson. Having been one of the active participates in effecting change at ATF, I worked with Kim Skeen, who was a reporter at WJLA in D.C. You see Todd and Tom, that’s the reporter who exposed the million dollar embezzlement by an ATF pilot who was friends with a Deputy Director. No one was pursuing prosecution of that crime until it was brought to the public’s attention. That was an act from the “past” that I thought should be pursued before the statute of limitations expired. It was prosecuted just in time. That same reporter exposed the “Good Old Boy Roundup”. That event was from the past also. Should Kim Skeen have let that go? Was it wrong for all of us to tell her about it? Was it wrong for someone to send her a video of the “Roundup” because it happened in the “past”? Soon after that news show, the Black Caucus demanded settlement of the black agents’ class action lawsuit. Now seriously Todd and Tom, should those of us who exposed the Good Old Boy Roundup have ignored it because it was in the “past”? If we had ignored it, I have it under good authority that ATF Counsel would have aggressively fought the class action. You see one of the ATF attys confided in me that they believed the Class Action was worthless and would fight it vigorously. Because we did not ignore the past, those attys did not get that chance. So now that the black class action is settled, your advice is to ignore the past and to move on? Something about that advice just doesn’t sit well with me. It looks a bit hypocritical don’t you think? It looks very much like yet another ATF double standard. “New ATF” my ass.

We didn’t ignore ATF’s issues then, why would we ignore them now? I think not.

#13 Guest_madea_*

Guest_madea_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2012 - 06:46 AM

Jones and Brandon, with respect to your advice to the field to ignore the wrongs of the past and to just look forward, I would like to point out another history lesson. Having been one of the active participates in effecting change at ATF, I worked with Kim Skeen, who was a reporter at WJLA in D.C. You see Todd and Tom, that’s the reporter who exposed the million dollar embezzlement by an ATF pilot who was friends with a Deputy Director. No one was pursuing prosecution of that crime until it was brought to the public’s attention. That was an act from the “past” that I thought should be pursued before the statute of limitations expired. It was prosecuted just in time. That same reporter exposed the “Good Old Boy Roundup”. That event was from the past also. Should Kim Skeen have let that go? Was it wrong for all of us to tell her about it? Was it wrong for someone to send her a video of the “Roundup” because it happened in the “past”? Soon after that news show, the Black Caucus demanded settlement of the black agents’ class action lawsuit. Now seriously Todd and Tom, should those of us who exposed the Good Old Boy Roundup have ignored it because it was in the “past”? If we had ignored it, I have it under good authority that ATF Counsel would have aggressively fought the class action. You see one of the ATF attys confided in me that they believed the Class Action was worthless and would fight it vigorously. Because we did not ignore the past, those attys did not get that chance. So now that the black class action is settled, your advice is to ignore the past and to move on? Something about that advice just doesn’t sit well with me. It looks a bit hypocritical don’t you think? It looks very much like yet another ATF double standard. “New ATF” my ass.

We didn’t ignore ATF’s issues then, why would we ignore them now? I think not.

#14 Guest_madea_*

Guest_madea_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:16 AM

For the 2nd week in a row, I have listened to the Rev. Jesse Jackson’s radio program. Mr. Jackson eloquently speaks about Trayvon Martin’s death. He continuously calls for a ban on assault weapons in connection with Trayvon’s death. Not one time has Jackson called out Obama or Holder for putting thousands of assault weapons in the hands of the drug cartels. The reports that I have heard say that the weapon used to shoot Trayvon was a handgun and not an assault rifle. This is an example of the sloppy work of Eric Holder. Pay attention and vote. There is an agenda folks and it’s political.

#15 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

Suggestion to posters on CUATF, JUST a suggestion.
The issues and potential solutions identified during the FAAP (Field Agent Advisory Program)have been posted to ATF employees. These are very sensitive, and critical to the survival of this Agency. We hope that all will show restraint in posting the particulars as the information is embarrassing and our potential enemy's inside the industry and out, ie. FBI will undoubtedly use the information against us. We should speak in general terms but keep the specifics in house until we know if its just smoke and mirrors. Thus far, the FAAP hit the nail(s) on the head. And remember, these are guys and gals HQ approved. THEY DID A GREAT JOB

#16 Guest_Sandy Davis_*

Guest_Sandy Davis_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:20 AM

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me. - Martin Niemöller

If any of you parrot what management is saying about a person who wins their case, think about the above. If that person didn’t have the courage and the fortitude to fight them, your job environment would be even more like a nazi death camp. SO STOP IT. STOP parroting what you resent management doing to you and your buddies. Don’t do it to another employee. Recognize their courage to fight them all the way through to a hearing. When they win, they win for ALL of you, not just for themselves. Stop sitting in judgement of them. STOP IT.

And for those who don’t win, do not assume management was right. Management will lie, they will cheat, they will do anything they have to do to win.

Absolutely Kay. By parroting management’s lies and propaganda, not only do you cause additional harm to the person with the courage and fortitude to fight the corruption within management, you are also encouraging management as they attempt to destroy these people. Those of us who have lived the nightmare have a responsibility to support others who are suffering the same fate. Many times we are the only support they have. I know first hand the pain it causes when one’s peers repeat the lies that management tells about you like it’s fact. I always knew why management lied about me, they were trying to cover-up their behavior. I never understood why the employees, who knew the character of these managers, would believe anything they said. How many times do some employees have to see management lie, cheat, and lie some more, before they realize their own part in the predictable smear campaign that follows someone who complains. I also wonder if these employees realize the hypocrisy of doing the very same thing to another employee that they themselves are so offended by when it happens to them?

#17 Guest_madea_*

Guest_madea_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:36 AM

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.
Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me. - Martin Niemöller

If any of you parrot what management is saying about a person who wins their case, think about the above. If that person didn’t have the courage and the fortitude to fight them, your job environment would be even more like a nazi death camp. SO STOP IT. STOP parroting what you resent management doing to you and your buddies. Don’t do it to another employee. Recognize their courage to fight them all the way through to a hearing. When they win, they win for ALL of you, not just for themselves. Stop sitting in judgement of them. STOP IT.

And for those who don’t win, do not assume management was right. Management will lie, they will cheat, they will do anything they have to do to win.

#18 Guest_madea_*

Guest_madea_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

Ok, so here’s another worse case scenario.....they hit you with one of their nasty misconduct specification charges, and after you go through their “due process” maze, you smile because you only get 14 days off and you probably saved your job. But now you have just walked into OCC’s nightmare for you. With only 14 days off, you can’t go to the MSPB. You’re stuck with the office EO or a grievance (ha ha), or maybe you find a way to go to U.S. District Court. If you can’t figure out a way into District Court, you are not going to win, plain and simple. Now you have a charge in your file that is false. Remember, you found the evidence AFTER I.A. closed their “investigation”. Poor poor pitiful you. Now the OCC gets to use those FALSE allegations against you whenever they want. If you think this can’t happen, it’s time for a reality check. An agent is facing this right now and I.A. smugly sits in their office and says, “sorry, this is our policy”. You may want to know why Madea’s blood pressure is so high.....the two managers responsible for the false information against this agent are none other than Newell and Needles. Everybody put your hands up and clap for I.A. ensuring that two more managers have a clean folder, but the agent, after 20 years of service, has false allegations in his file and there’s no procedure in place to clear his name. Way to go Tom.

This is EXACTLY why Ms. Torres and OPSROs answer cannot stand and there MUST be some sort of oversight of the process. Notice sworn to and under penalty of perjury...........SEE ATTACHMENT

#19 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

This is EXACTLY why Ms. Torres and OPSROs answer cannot stand and there MUST be some sort of oversight of the process. Notice sworn to and under penalty of perjury...........SEE ATTACHMENT

Ok folks, I think we should follow this through to the end. So you find new evidence that clears you and the BDO has already made their decision. OPRSO says there is no mechanism in place to reinvestigate based on new evidence and they will not reconsider that they could be wrong. According to the OPRSO, at this point it is just too bad and your only option is to appeal by going to the MSPB. OPRSO expects you to take this new evidence that their crack investigators missed or just didn’t want to find, to a judge. And for the employees who are fired, who cares how you are going to pay for it. Remember Eleanor bragging that she could drag your litigation out for 3-5 years? So now we have yet another piece of the puzzle. We’ve got botched investigations by I.A. “investigators”, no mechanism in place to correct that “investigation”, a BDO that in the past would not accept additional evidence (right Elaine?), and the OCC poised behind job security by dragging out litigation. Now, after the 3-5 years of playing with the ATF “attorneys”, let’s say you win. Thanks to this “policy” of OPRSO, now the American taxpayer is getting out the checkbook that ATF management believes has no limit for abuse.

Here’s a real example of this INSANE policy. One whistleblower who won received $350,000 in his attorney fees for an MSPB hearing. Was that a good business decision Tom? How many agents have had to take out second mortgages to pay their attorney? This all makes sense to the OPRSO, trust me, there was a very heated argument just this week that this policy made no sense when you have the opportunity to look at new evidence and clear the charges based on that new evidence rather than going through years of litigation and paying out damages. But Tom, according to the OPRSO, this is your policy and it’s been like that forever. We think it’s time for a change and maybe you can explain to OPRSO why this change needs to be made.

Attached Files

#20 Guest_madea_*

Guest_madea_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

AND, it goes EVEN further. You must know that when the BDO makes a decision, your case is closed. ATF will not accept ANY new evidence after the decision has been made. So, it’s in OPRSO’s interest to conduct an INCOMPLETE investigation if a manager wants to get you. According to OPRSO, this practice of allowing no new evidence once the BDO makes it’s decision is “ATF’s policy, always has been”. Tom, maybe this is one of those things that needs to change.

AND CAUTION: for any agent considering making an allegation against a manager, think twice before you do this. Madea has JUST been informed by OPRSO that if an agent retires or resigns before the investigation is conducted on the manager, nothing will be investigated because the person making the report of misconduct is no longer with the agency. Looks like the managers could take it upon themselves TO FIRE YOUR ASS to avoid an investigation by the OPRSO because we know a clean record is important to get that SES job. Or, worse case scenario, they’ll knock you off. They just don’t want you to show up to work again.

Ok folks, I think we should follow this through to the end. So you find new evidence that clears you and the BDO has already made their decision. OPRSO says there is no mechanism in place to reinvestigate based on new evidence and they will not reconsider that they could be wrong. According to the OPRSO, at this point it is just too bad and your only option is to appeal by going to the MSPB. OPRSO expects you to take this new evidence that their crack investigators missed or just didn’t want to find, to a judge. And for the employees who are fired, who cares how you are going to pay for it. Remember Eleanor bragging that she could drag your litigation out for 3-5 years? So now we have yet another piece of the puzzle. We’ve got botched investigations by I.A. “investigators”, no mechanism in place to correct that “investigation”, a BDO that in the past would not accept additional evidence (right Elaine?), and the OCC poised behind job security by dragging out litigation. Now, after the 3-5 years of playing with the ATF “attorneys”, let’s say you win. Thanks to this “policy” of OPRSO, now the American taxpayer is getting out the checkbook that ATF management believes has no limit for abuse.

Here’s a real example of this INSANE policy. One whistleblower who won received $350,000 in his attorney fees for an MSPB hearing. Was that a good business decision Tom? How many agents have had to take out second mortgages to pay their attorney? This all makes sense to the OPRSO, trust me, there was a very heated argument just this week that this policy made no sense when you have the opportunity to look at new evidence and clear the charges based on that new evidence rather than going through years of litigation and paying out damages. But Tom, according to the OPRSO, this is your policy and it’s been like that forever. We think it’s time for a change and maybe you can explain to OPRSO why this change needs to be made.

#21 Guest_madea_*

Guest_madea_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

Listen up folks, in reviewing these cases coming to me, I am seeing some clear patterns. ATF attorneys are withholding evidence that will exonerate you. Internal Affairs is conducting incomplete investigations leaving anything out that will exonerate you. And when you develop your own evidence, the bureau deciding official refuses to take it. It goes further folks. If you are represented by a FLEOA attorney DO NOT rely on him/her to submit the new evidence on your behalf, send it in yourself.

Also, if you sent your bullet points directly to the various congressional committees and you have any of the above patterns in your case, please point it out to the staffer in that office.

Stay tuned and keep those cards and letters coming......... Kay Kubicki

AND, it goes EVEN further. You must know that when the BDO makes a decision, your case is closed. ATF will not accept ANY new evidence after the decision has been made. So, it’s in OPRSO’s interest to conduct an INCOMPLETE investigation if a manager wants to get you. According to OPRSO, this practice of allowing no new evidence once the BDO makes it’s decision is “ATF’s policy, always has been”. Tom, maybe this is one of those things that needs to change.

AND CAUTION: for any agent considering making an allegation against a manager, think twice before you do this. Madea has JUST been informed by OPRSO that if an agent retires or resigns before the investigation is conducted on the manager, nothing will be investigated because the person making the report of misconduct is no longer with the agency. Looks like the managers could take it upon themselves TO FIRE YOUR ASS to avoid an investigation by the OPRSO because we know a clean record is important to get that SES job. Or, worse case scenario, they’ll knock you off. They just don’t want you to show up to work again.

#22 Guest_madea_*

Guest_madea_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:12 AM

Listen up folks, in reviewing these cases coming to me, I am seeing some clear patterns. ATF attorneys are withholding evidence that will exonerate you. Internal Affairs is conducting incomplete investigations leaving anything out that will exonerate you. And when you develop your own evidence, the bureau deciding official refuses to take it. It goes further folks. If you are represented by a FLEOA attorney DO NOT rely on him/her to submit the new evidence on your behalf, send it in yourself.

Also, if you sent your bullet points directly to the various congressional committees and you have any of the above patterns in your case, please point it out to the staffer in that office.

Stay tuned and keep those cards and letters coming......... Kay Kubicki

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users