Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:19 PM

Yes it's indeed true.
I actually took a pic of it on the employees desk, so there's no question what it is and who had possession of it.

#2 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:01 AM

Not quite the same thing, but along the lines of dishonest employees and lawyers -- when I was deposed a few years ago, I told the two ATF counsel that my GS perjured himself.  In his sworn statement during the EEO counselor phase, he said he justified my performance appraisal by asking my fellow agents about how it was to work with me.  According to the PA, I never assisted other agents in their investigations.

But when I sent him an interrogatory asking which agents he "consulted" on my performance, under oath he said he never consults agents about other agents' performance.

Of course, nothing was done to this GS.  Counsel fooled me into believing that my case would be settled, when it wasn't.  I should have reported the GS to the USAO for 18USC1001.

I hope ATF agents reading this learn from my mistake.  When you come across an ATF boss who has lied or perjured themselves in an official matter, file a complaint with the USAO.

#3 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:09 AM

Isn't it illegal for a Supervisor to give an employee a copy of a Plantiffs deposition before this employee is due to testify against this Plantiff, on behalf of the ATF?

If that is true, the supervisor had to have gotten the plaintiff's deposition transcript from the government's attorneys.  Once again, if true, counsel's office did something they should not have done.  I have been in depositions where ATF employees flat out lied under oath.  The ATF policy does not distinguish between counsels office employees and non attorney employees.  I believe the ATF Order says that ALL employees are required to notify their supervisor or IA when an ATF employee may have violated the law or policy.  It should read, if we like the lying employee, we do not want to know BUT if we do not like the person, you had better tell us.

#4 Jaime3

Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:53 PM

Isn't it illegal for a Supervisor to give an employee a copy of a Plantiffs deposition before this employee is due to testify against this Plantiff, on behalf of the ATF?

#5 Jaime3

Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:27 PM

From withholding evidence to fabricating evidence to destruction of hard drives before discovery proceedings, what else can these attorneys do before Congress put a stop to them?

#6 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:11 AM

You are absolutely right. I openly confronted Chair and Nelson about OVER 20 agents leaving the agency in 5 yrs. JUST out of the SFFD. They denied it completely in front of 100 Agents. I had the PROOF from a FLU A I filed. Now multiply that by 24 field divisions. There was a day when you had to drag a mandatory retiree out the door on his birthday. And THEY Jones/Brandon dont even understand why we have NO seniority left. No one to train new Agents. Mr. Jones is so insecure, that he would rather just have a bunch of new yes men than seasoned veterans.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

#7 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:19 PM

After F&F, why hasn't anyone taken the same position and protection for whistle blowers within ATF?
http://thehill.com/r...-whistleblowers

The ATF way is to promote the retaliators and those that go along to get along.  Has anyone noticed how many experienced agents are retiring before their mandatory age?  If this place is so great, why are so many SAs leaving?

#8 Jaime3

Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:57 PM

After F&F, why hasn't anyone taken the same position and protection for whistle blowers within ATF?
http://thehill.com/r...-whistleblowers

#9 ProConfesso

ProConfesso

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Location10-20

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:18 AM

http://blogs.fedsmit...ts.fedsmith.com

#10 Jaime3

Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:43 PM

http://rt.com/usa/21...claims-federal/

#11 Ignatius

Ignatius
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Locationmid Atlantic

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:19 AM

Good point

#12 ProConfesso

ProConfesso

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Location10-20

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:08 PM

http://mobile.nytime...ir-marshal.html

#13 Jaime3

Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:19 AM

Yes but Holder is part of the problem!
He is the highest law of the law, so he has a sworn duty to upload the law.

He knows corrupt things are going on inside ATF but he chooses to ignore it until it hits mainstream media. Then he downplays it in front of the media as if it's an isolated incident.

When you define the term isolated incident, you will see what's going on within ATF does not fall under that definition.

If this is going on government wide, that gives Mr.Holder more incentive to overhaul ATF as an example, to be certain this will not be happening under his watch!
Mr. Holders flagrant disregard of facts and reality are what's truly making him look incompetent.

People are being moved around and allowed to retire after breaking the law. That is ludicrous!

So to say its government wide is just another position taken to ignore past/present faults of Mr. Holder and others.
It's not too late for him to take a stand.

#14 MEJ3331

MEJ3331
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationKC Division

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:19 AM

I think Mr. Holder has hit it right on the head! This happend over and over again. Just think of how much manpower and money is wasted because of this attitude, not just in ATF but Government wide!

#15 ProConfesso

ProConfesso

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Location10-20

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

One Police Plaza

David Durk: Another Lost Whistle-Blower

November 19, 2012
David Durk received in death what he felt he was denied in life: recognition.
Recognition for bringing forward police officer Frank Serpico, whose revelations led to the Knapp Commission and the subsequent end of the NYPD’s pervasive and systemic corruption.
Durk, who died last week at age 77, is another tragic example of what can befall a whistle-blower who goes up against a gigantic and powerful organization like the NYPD. [See NYPD Confidential, Nov. 12, 2012.]
In Durk’s case, his difficulties were compounded by his background. He was a graduate of elite Amherst College, at a time when few officers in the NYPD or any other police department graduated from any college whatsoever.
While coming from an elitist background has its advantages, it also has drawbacks — in Durk’s case, his outsized ambitions and sense of entitlement.
Serpico, whose father was an immigrant shoemaker, sought only a detective shield. Durk sought fame. When fame passed him by, he never recovered.
“Would all this have happened without Durk? I don’t know,” Serpico said last week. “But Durk didn’t go through what I went through.”
Their story began in the late 1960s after Serpico joined a plainclothes unit in the Bronx and discovered the unit was on the take. Durk, who had city-wide connections well beyond the police department , brought him to fellow Amherst graduate, Jay Kriegel, a top aide to Mayor John Lindsay.
Did Kriegel tell Lindsay of Serpico’s allegations? That was the question. He told this reporter, then a pup in the employ of Time Magazine, that he had. Apparently to protect Lindsay, he testified a few months later under oath before the Knapp Commission that he hadn’t.
Serpico, meanwhile, became a marked man. He received death threats for “ratting out” fellow cops. When he was shot in the face by a drug dealer during a police raid, a bullet lodged in his brain, leaving him deaf in his left ear. He believed the department had set him up.
With Lindsay failing to act on Serpico’s allegations, Durk next brought him to the New York Times. Lindsay warned the Times’s publisher, Arthur O. Sulzberger, that Serpico was a psycho who could not be trusted. But the Times’s police bureau chief, David Burnham, confirmed Serpico’s allegations with Serpico’s former partner, Paul Delise, who had risen to the rank of Inspector.
Burnham reported Serpico’s allegations across the Times’s front pages. Lindsay was pressured into appointing an independent commission to investigate — hence the Knapp Commission.
After three weeks of hearings — during which both Serpico and Durk testified together with a score of other witnesses — the commission concluded that corruption in the NYPD was endemic and institutionalized, reaching to its highest levels, even inside the police commissioner’s office. The police commissioner, Howard Leary, was forced to resign. Lindsay’s brief flirtation with running for President was upended.
It seemed a perfect Hollywood story and Durk briefly became a celebrity. He was fawned upon by the literati, appeared on Johnny Carson, was asked to teach a course on policing at Yale, was invited to the White House.
A book and movie deal followed. Durk pushed his own deal, with Paul Newman to play him. “This movie isn’t going to be about you,” Serpico recalled Durk telling him at the time. “You’re just one of the cops.”
But when the book and movie came out, they were about Serpico, not Durk. The book Serpico became a best seller. The movie Serpico starred Al Pacino and was a box-office hit.
By then, Durk and Serpico had fallen out. “Hollywood got in the way,” Serpico said. “He had his version, I had mine.”
What he meant was that Durk had stars in his eyes while he had a bullet in his brain.
“He tried to put across the image that he was the smart guy and I was the bumbling little Italian sidekick. I graduated from Brooklyn College and John Jay. Durk then told people that Arlene, his wife, had written my term paper. It was offensive.”
Serpico retired from the police department after the Knapp Commissioner hearings ended and took off for Europe. He lived there for the next decade as a recluse. In Holland, he saved a young girl from drowning. He was later brought before the Amsterdam police commissioner. On his desk was a copy of Serpico. “Mr. Serpico, may I shake your hand?” the commissioner asked him.
Returning to New York in the 1980s, Serpico has lived simply upstate, and spent the rest of his life trying to accept his fame and iconic status.
Durk remained in the police department but his career went nowhere. Serpico referred to him as a “college boy,” implying that he was well-meaning but naïve. “He was more a pol than a cop. He thought being a cop was a game. He never understood it was for real.”
In his book, “Crusader: The Hell-Raising Police Career of Detective David Durk,” the writer James Lardner described how as a rookie Durk was ordered to wax the stationhouse floor. He responded by saying to his sergeant, “You’re asking me to do something that is not within the civil service specs for the job of patrolman.”
He was then ordered to scrub the walls with a toothbrush.
As years passed, Durk grew testy and bitter, accusing all who disagreed with him, such as this reporter, of being corrupt themselves. He remained in the department for another decade after the Knapp Commission, then retired.
Today, another cop whistle-blower who has received a lot of media attention faces the dilemma that both Durk and Serpico did. That cop is Adrian Schoolcraft.
After charging that superiors in his Brooklyn precinct had downgraded crimes to make the city appear safer than it actually was, a police posse appeared at his apartment, hauled him off to Jamaica Hospital, where he was kept in a psychiatric ward for six days against his will.
His charges against his precinct bosses were later substantiated, and they were either disciplined or transferred.
Police Commissioner Ray Kelly announced a full-scale investigation, to be conducted by a blue ribbon committee of three former prosecutors, to determine whether the downgrading is city-wide. Nearly two years later, one of the three has died and Kelly has issued neither a report nor an explanation.
Nor has he explained the police role in Schoolcraft’s forced hospitalization.
While he was hospitalized, Schoolcraft’s father Larry reached out to Durk. Durk contacted then captain Brandon Del Pozo, an Ivy League graduate, then in Internal Affairs. Del Pozo, tried to fashion a resolution in which Schoolcraft would return to department and be assigned to the canine unit because he supposedly loves dogs, but nothing came of it.
When Larry Schoolcraft later reached Durk’s daughter, Durk bluntly told him, “Stop harassing my family.”
The Schoolcrafts, father and son, have also reached out to Serpico. “Don’t try to explain to anyone what you went through,” Serpico advised Adrian. “Don’t expect anybody to understand. I can’t explain to anybody what I went through.”
Adrian Schoolcraft is currently suing the police department for $50 million but recently fired his attorney. Those who know the Schoolcrafts are uncertain what they are seeking: fame, money or a public airing of their grievances?
In what direction Adrian will turn remains unknown.
Also unknown is whether he will end up as Serpico or as Durk.
Edited by Donald Forst

Copyright © 2012 Leonard Levitt

#16 Jaime3

Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 08 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Eric Holder made a pretty bold argument or dig into Republicans about F&F:

“It is unfortunate that some were so quick to make baseless accusations before they possessed the facts about these operations – accusations that turned out to be without foundation and that have caused a great deal of unnecessary harm and confusion. I hope today’s report acts as a reminder of the dangers of adopting as fact unsubstantiated conclusions before an investigation of the circumstances is completed."

But isn't that what's going on within ATF?
Isn't this the attitude and climate within ATF toward people who file complaints and WhistleBlowers?

#17 Excalibur-2112

Excalibur-2112

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:01 AM

"FLIP FLOP!"

Transparency
Signing Statements
Gay marriage (not making any point other than he's changed his mind)

What hasnt this president flipped on?
ALLCAPS....just my way of highlighting to draw attention to a word or point... No yelling intended :-)

#18 Jaime3

Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

Before Election..

Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act was introduced in 2009 by Senator Daniel Akaka (D-Hawaii) to amend federal personnel law relating to whistleblower protections to provide that such protections shall apply to a disclosure of any violation of law, except for an alleged violation that is a minor, inadvertent violation that occurs during the conscientious carrying out of official duties.[3] Senator Akaka has introduced similar bills in the 107th, 108th, 109th, and 110th Congresses and every effort to pass the law has failed. Although a stronger version of the bill had been introduced and twice passed the House of Representatives (see H.R. 985 introduced in the 110th Congress and H.R. 1507 in the 111th Congress), the Senate repeatedly refused to adopt the stronger House version. During the 2008 presidential campaign, several candidates, including then-Senator Barack Obama, pledged to support the stronger House version of the bill (H.R. 985) if elected president.

After Election..

Despite campaign promises to support the stronger House bill, after the election, President Obama disappointed many when his administration actively supported the weaker Senate bill and Obama administration officials helped craft some of the controversial provisions contained in the Senate mark-up version of the bill in 2009.

FLIP FLOP!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users