• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

It is clear solely by his actions that B.Todd Jones has NO investment in our great agency. He said he didn't want the job. He has totally insulated his fellow attorneys in ATF Chief Counsels Office (whose conduct personal and professional has been brought to his attention). Stay tuned for details. He continues to keep Brandon as DD EVEN after he received evidence that Brandon and Torres signed off on admin time and fulltime outside employment for Mc Mahon. Face it, Mr. Jones only wants to survive the Obama Presidency, make high powered friend and haul ass.

I have to agree with this.  I haven't seen anything from him that would hedge me to believe different.  He has zero connection with the field.  He has surrounded himself with puppets and parrots.  Ask Marianos.  He has trusted the advise of his inner circle without ever reaching out to do his own fact finding beyond that.  That is his fault, no one elses.  He has failed to realize that Agents and field personell are ATF, not HQ.  If HQ went under water today the field would be fine and continue to work and produce.  If the field went under water then you would be a left with a bunch of executives who believe they are smarter than anyone in the field with nothing to do and no one to blame.  I am no Steve Jobs but I know I could run a program or a division.  Not many of the people who do that could do what was my job.  That is not arrogance or false pride, it is just the way it is.  The field is constantly undervalued and blamed and Jones could do something about it but he just chooses not to.

#2 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:01 PM

I could live with his characterization if he was actually doing something.  He allowed some corruption to resign or retire, took care of the one's that didn't, shuffled the supervisory deck chairs on the Titanic, is pumping Frontline - which is nothing more than a new name for Safe Streets, YCGII, VCIT, etc., and renamed the HQ reflecting pool.  And, to be clear, the re-dedication of the reflecting pool as the Ariel Rios Reflecting Pool is outstanding.  I have no criticism of that.  That was an appropriate honor and a good thing.  But, other than that what has been done towards meaningful change? 

It is clear solely by his actions that B.Todd Jones has NO investment in our great agency. He said he didn't want the job. He has totally insulated his fellow attorneys in ATF Chief Counsels Office (whose conduct personal and professional has been brought to his attention). Stay tuned for details. He continues to keep Brandon as DD EVEN after he received evidence that Brandon and Torres signed off on admin time and fulltime outside employment for Mc Mahon. Face it, Mr. Jones only wants to survive the Obama Presidency, make high powered friend and haul ass.

#3 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:47 AM

I could live with his characterization if he was actually doing something.  He allowed some corruption to resign or retire, took care of the one's that didn't, shuffled the supervisory deck chairs on the Titanic, is pumping Frontline - which is nothing more than a new name for Safe Streets, YCGII, VCIT, etc., and renamed the HQ reflecting pool.  And, to be clear, the re-dedication of the reflecting pool as the Ariel Rios Reflecting Pool is outstanding.  I have no criticism of that.  That was an appropriate honor and a good thing.  But, other than that what has been done towards meaningful change? 

#4 Patriot

Patriot

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationNortheast

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:29 AM

Is anyone else tired of hearing the Director state that he was chosen by the President to put Humpty Dumpty back together?

Referring to ATF as Humpty Dumpty is demeaning and his statement is self aggrandizing. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users