#251 ProConfesso

ProConfesso

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Location10-20

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:30 AM

Thank you note to captain obvious the nbc msnbc talking head for stating the obvious in such a boring manner. Whether it's let the police car burn, it's only one, in mo or they'll be interviewing witnesses - I mean this kind of stuff borders on the sir arthur Conan Doyle. Calls to mind, with apologies to dashingly Hammett, the response to who fired the shots, someone with a gun. Brilliant.

#252 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:16 PM

Amanuensis--now there's the perfect description for too many agents and possible the Bureau as a whole.  Too many agents getting their -13's thanks to their TFO partner bringing in cases from their old robbery or street crime unit at the PD.

#253 ProConfesso

ProConfesso

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Location10-20

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:55 PM

http://www.nytimes.c...tcore-ipad&_r=0

Do the atf amanuensis suffer any for adopting this? Even the cherry picking is getting thin these days. How are those ever important fudge stats sac?

#254 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:48 PM

Attached Files

#255 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:27 PM

I would have given my right arm to see you do that to the crybabies.

Unfortunately, ATF is now rife with those little sh!ts.  Like the coward who mocked my career ending injury.

#256 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:33 PM

I tell you, there is nothing more heartbreaking when your fellow agents [especially those in your group, with whom you've worked for years] fail to stand up for you when clearly you are being victimized by corrupt bosses.  These are the guys who are supposed to watch your back; if they can't stand up to the "One-Cases" and "Prince of The City" types that proliferate in ATF, how can you expect them to fight with you in a violent encounter with bad guys?  Moral courage and physical courage go hand in hand.

One of my last official acts at ATF was a qualification.  Some Tucson agents took that opportunity to report up the chain that I was shooting a Sig out of my waistband vs. a Glock out of a holster and that I was not qual-ing with a vest on.  Back in the day that got you a blanket party.  Haha.  How things have changed.  Rather than offend the crybabies and tell them to worry about themselves, with two weeks to retire, I was told to do the Glock transition and re-qual.  I did.  And out-shot all of them. 

#257 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:54 PM

I tell you, there is nothing more heartbreaking when your fellow agents [especially those in your group, with whom you've worked for years] fail to stand up for you when clearly you are being victimized by corrupt bosses.  These are the guys who are supposed to watch your back; if they can't stand up to the "One-Cases" and "Prince of The City" types that proliferate in ATF, how can you expect them to fight with you in a violent encounter with bad guys?  Moral courage and physical courage go hand in hand.

#258 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:56 PM

Attached File  1484324_891810994173252_6358462179206484446_n.jpg   97.34KB   11 downloads

Attached File  10896862_754350441306552_4525045609409699214_n.jpg   25.99KB   1 downloads

Attached File  10898067_10205113380649487_1809146216293709766_n.jpg   38.34KB   1 downloads

#259 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:50 PM

http://www.examiner....-confuses-judge

A bit of a more personal take on this:

If you are going to cheat and be corrupt then at least win.  Cheating and losing is stupid.  Cheating and being a sore loser is pathetic.  DOJ and ATF have treated this with the importance of a junior high dodgeball game.

What will eventually emerge from all of this is the Administrations - and specifically Eric Holder's - stamp on how they really feel about law enforcement.  Truly how hateful they are toward us, regardless of their shallow public commentary.  What will come is another exposure of what Holder's DOJ believe's they can do and get away with, and, how far they are willing to go to extend that hatred.  That attitude starts at the top and the minions are empowered and endorsed to act that way.  It starts with the President, transfers down to the AG, his deputies and his line attorneys.

For ATF, as an Executive when you watch cheating take place and you fail to react to or correct it, you are complicit in its result.  When you go along and excuse yourself by saying, "its out of my hands, there is nothing I can do" then you participated.  You also failed.

To answer the questions of late - is this because you are white?  No.  Absolutely not.  It is about hatred.  If a black agent blew the whistle on their corruption I believe that agent would have been treated just as badly.  And, if a black agent was being subjected to this I would be just as outspoken.  It is wrong in any color.

"Q: Jay, you know what the difference between God and Eric Holder is?  A: God doesn't think he's Eric Holder." [from an email received today]

As long as DOJ wants to fight, I'll be here.  I hate this.  I hate the extension and the inability to find closure for me and my family.  But, this will end when DOJ and ATF stop their losing battle.  Until then I intend to keep kicking their asses.

For those interested in the read, here is a 2014 Year In Review of my lawsuit.  Today was trippy good.  http://blog.jaydobynsgroup.com/?p=719

But much more important: Rest In Peace NYPD Officers Ramos and Liu.  God bless your families and protect our protectors.

Text of the blog posting:

2014 – A Year In Review of Dobyns v. USA

I wanted to provide to my friends, supporters, advocates and defenders a year-end update on Dobyns v. USA.

Please understand there are significant issues that I still cannot comment on as they are under seal. I will when I am am legally permitted to.

2014, a Timeline:

August 25 – Judge Allegra published his Opinion on my lawsuit which vindicated my reputation and confirmed my allegations of the abuse I received from ATF and DOJ.

I offered sincere public and private comment that I was overjoyed with the result. Would I have liked to have been awarded more in damages? Yes, of course. But, well prior to the final decision, I placed my faith in God, the Courts and my lawyers to find a fair conclusion and I was 100% willing to accept what I was delivered.  I honored that.

October 24 – in contrast, in the 11th hour of the appeal window DOJ filed notice that they were not accepting of Judge Allegra’s Opinion with their motion to the United States Circuit Court of Appeals requesting a panel review of Judge Allegra’s conclusions. This took the case away from Judge Allegra and moved it to a higher court.

This shocked me a bit. Although I had won on facts and evidence I believed that DOJ would also claim a victory with an accurate justification that their attorneys had defeated my 17-million dollar claim by reducing my award to 1% of their exposure when the court awarded me $173,000 in damages.

I’ll say it again because it is worth it – IT WAS NEVER ABOUT THE MONEY FOR ME!

From the federal government’s perspective of defending the Federal Treasury for six years (as opposed to defending my safety during that time or the six years prior), I would understand if the government as well called the Opinion a victory.  In that context, it was for them.

ATF and DOJ may have been forced to re-cork their champagne bottles (I rewarded myself with a can of beer) as they read further in the Opinion about the perjury of George Gillett and Charles Higman during trial and the reprehensible manner with which ATF responded to the arson of my home that nearly killed my family.  You may remember Gillett and Higman from the Operation Fast and Furious congressional hearings and reports.  (BTW, each escaped F&F and my situation with a soft-landing and full pensions courtesy of ATF’s shot-callers.)

At ATF and DOJ any beating put on an employee is a victory. I had accepted that as a “cost of doing business” when working for vindictive government executives.  Apparently by DOJ’s Appeal, the beating I received was not quite enough for their satisfaction.

Judge Allegra’s Opinion made clear that several ATF managers couldn’t have cared less what happened to me or my family the morning of August 10, 2008 (arson), and further, the Opinion vindicated my six year search for the truth (as I understood it at that time), returning to me my professional reputation and dignity. I was honored by some of the things that were said in the Court’s Opinion, and at certain points, elated by the specificity of the findings against the government as to how it failed to honor its obligations to me as their agent. I gave thanks and praise to God, our justice system and my attorney James Reed for helping me expose corruption through truth.

**Immediately after Judge Allegra’s Opinion was finalized some new and interesting twists emerged.

October 24 – Judge Allegra issued an Order limiting which attorneys could appear before the court in this case for any future filings or proceedings. That Order and its exact language is under seal, and I cannot discuss it.

October 29 – Judge Allegra issued an Order voiding his August 25 Opinion in my lawsuit.  In essence, he hit the re-set button.

November 19 – As the Plaintiff, we filed what is called a, “Motion For Indicative Ruling”. Civil law is very complex. As a non-lawyer I understood that to be my request to Judge Allegra to state whether he would be willing to conduct additional proceedings to find complete justice if the Court of Appeals returned jurisdiction of my case to him.

December 1 – Judge Allegra issued his response indicating that he would grant our motion IF the Court of Appeals were to return jurisdiction to him for the purposes of allowing the Court of Claims to consider new information.

December 18 – The U.S. Court of Appeals remanded my case back to Judge Allegra to allow him to fully consider our November 19 motion, the nature and detail of which I am not presently at liberty to discuss.

Today (December 22) – Judge Allegra issued an Order that set the stage for what 2015 will hold.

I attached his Order to this post since it was not issued under seal and is a Reported Decision (public) [below].

“…the court will order depositions of at least some of the attorneys and other witnesses in this case, as well as the receipt of other relevant evidence.”

In his Order Judge Allegra told DOJ to address issues that were not made clear in their motions.

Particularly:

“…defendant’s response to the Federal Circuit’s December 18, 2014, order appear to implicate important matters relating to the merits of this case, and defendant’s subsequent conduct in this proceeding…”

And,

“Whether defendant has any other appropriate legal basis to disregard or delay implementation of the Federal Circuit’s order of December 18, 2014, or any other appropriate legal basis to delay the execution by this court of the Federal Circuit’s remand order?”

So,

Don’t form conclusions just yet because so much of what has taken place behind the scenes is not fully exposed or understandable. Additional proceedings will reveal that. Trust that justice is being served. My battle is not close to being over.

This 6+ year legal process has taught me patience, trust and faith. Those are character traits of which I had been lacking. One of the many gifts I received in 2014 was being educated by the process to some very valuable personal lessons regarding my behavioral flaws (patience, trust, faith) and hopefully I have become a better person for having those flaws highlighted for me.

I learned who to trust.  I found friends I never knew I had.  I rededicated myself to old friends who never left my side.  I learned that people I thought were friends were not in times of crisis.

As I head into the 7th year of this dispute I hold high-hopes for 2015. True and pure justice is not for anyone weak in commitment.  It is neither easy, nor cheap,  nor fast – but, it is worth it.

Stay tuned.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year and God bless to all, friend and foe.

Jay

PS: Of some satisfaction to me, albeit petty, the ringleader of DOJ’s battle to defeat me was a DOJ executive attorney named Jeanne Davidson.  On August 18th, one week prior to Judge Allegra issuing his opinion on my case, President Obama nominated Ms. Davidson for a Federal Judgeship.  On December 17th the Senate denied Ms. Davidson’s confirmation.  http://www.mainjusti...ugh-the-cracks/

Judge Allegra’s December 22, 2014 public Order:

https___ecf.cofc.uscourts.gov_cgi-bin_show_temp.pl_file=1765902-0–11150

#260 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:58 PM

And what about the gun trafficking bust in Atlanta at the airport?  From what I heard, that was an FBI case.  Baggage handler was shipping guns to NYC.

Why is there an ATF?  To create SES jobs for incompetent people?

#261 ProConfesso

ProConfesso

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Location10-20

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:26 AM

Wow ATF has completed its first full week of being legit in promotions now that ATF requires hiring officials to certifiy that NEPOTISM is not allowed as of Nov 16, 2014.   What a joke!  Whoever creates the best smoke and mirrors presentation gets the promo and you can break the law while being protected by one of the illegit promotees.

Ok is it just me or is anyone else embarrassed that the FBI has already made two arrests for two guys trying to buy explosives in the Ferguson, MO area and two more arrests for other people trying to buy firearms in Fergie.  WTF ATF? Next thing you know the FBI will be making some Tobacco and Alcohol arrests in Fergie.  So much for ATF leadership and initiative.  Oh yeah we can offer to trace the guns for the FBI.  What's next, they solve an arson?  It's no wonder congress wants to abolish ATF.  http://www.reuters.c...N0J602N20141122

Ok is it just me or is anyone else embarrassed that the FBI has already made two arrests for two guys trying to buy explosives in the Ferguson, MO area and two more arrests for other people trying to buy firearms in Fergie.  WTF ATF? Next thing you know the FBI will be making some Tobacco and Alcohol arrests in Fergie.  So much for ATF leadership and initiative.  Oh yeah we can offer to trace the guns for the FBI.  What's next, they solve an arson?  It's no wonder congress wants to abolish ATF.  http://www.reuters.c...N0J602N20141122

http://www.wsj.com/a...king-1419300438
Back benched again. There was a time when hq might hold a sac accountable for not being the agency to make the case for crimes within your jurisdiction and purview. No more. Now hq and sacs have risen thru the ranks who are used to their sinecures without embarrassment or punishment. No longer the go to agency in major metropolitan cities for gun crimes. Holding on by the silly tiehart law that protects the last sliver of need.

#262 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 08:02 PM

For those interested in the read, here is a 2014 Year In Review of my lawsuit.  Today was trippy good.  http://blog.jaydobynsgroup.com/?p=719

But much more important: Rest In Peace NYPD Officers Ramos and Liu.  God bless your families and protect our protectors.

Text of the blog posting:

2014 – A Year In Review of Dobyns v. USA

I wanted to provide to my friends, supporters, advocates and defenders a year-end update on Dobyns v. USA.

Please understand there are significant issues that I still cannot comment on as they are under seal. I will when I am am legally permitted to.

2014, a Timeline:

August 25 – Judge Allegra published his Opinion on my lawsuit which vindicated my reputation and confirmed my allegations of the abuse I received from ATF and DOJ.

I offered sincere public and private comment that I was overjoyed with the result. Would I have liked to have been awarded more in damages? Yes, of course. But, well prior to the final decision, I placed my faith in God, the Courts and my lawyers to find a fair conclusion and I was 100% willing to accept what I was delivered.  I honored that.

October 24 – in contrast, in the 11th hour of the appeal window DOJ filed notice that they were not accepting of Judge Allegra’s Opinion with their motion to the United States Circuit Court of Appeals requesting a panel review of Judge Allegra’s conclusions. This took the case away from Judge Allegra and moved it to a higher court.

This shocked me a bit. Although I had won on facts and evidence I believed that DOJ would also claim a victory with an accurate justification that their attorneys had defeated my 17-million dollar claim by reducing my award to 1% of their exposure when the court awarded me $173,000 in damages.

I’ll say it again because it is worth it – IT WAS NEVER ABOUT THE MONEY FOR ME!

From the federal government’s perspective of defending the Federal Treasury for six years (as opposed to defending my safety during that time or the six years prior), I would understand if the government as well called the Opinion a victory.  In that context, it was for them.

ATF and DOJ may have been forced to re-cork their champagne bottles (I rewarded myself with a can of beer) as they read further in the Opinion about the perjury of George Gillett and Charles Higman during trial and the reprehensible manner with which ATF responded to the arson of my home that nearly killed my family.  You may remember Gillett and Higman from the Operation Fast and Furious congressional hearings and reports.  (BTW, each escaped F&F and my situation with a soft-landing and full pensions courtesy of ATF’s shot-callers.)

At ATF and DOJ any beating put on an employee is a victory. I had accepted that as a “cost of doing business” when working for vindictive government executives.  Apparently by DOJ’s Appeal, the beating I received was not quite enough for their satisfaction.

Judge Allegra’s Opinion made clear that several ATF managers couldn’t have cared less what happened to me or my family the morning of August 10, 2008 (arson), and further, the Opinion vindicated my six year search for the truth (as I understood it at that time), returning to me my professional reputation and dignity. I was honored by some of the things that were said in the Court’s Opinion, and at certain points, elated by the specificity of the findings against the government as to how it failed to honor its obligations to me as their agent. I gave thanks and praise to God, our justice system and my attorney James Reed for helping me expose corruption through truth.

**Immediately after Judge Allegra’s Opinion was finalized some new and interesting twists emerged.

October 24 – Judge Allegra issued an Order limiting which attorneys could appear before the court in this case for any future filings or proceedings. That Order and its exact language is under seal, and I cannot discuss it.

October 29 – Judge Allegra issued an Order voiding his August 25 Opinion in my lawsuit.  In essence, he hit the re-set button.

November 19 – As the Plaintiff, we filed what is called a, “Motion For Indicative Ruling”. Civil law is very complex. As a non-lawyer I understood that to be my request to Judge Allegra to state whether he would be willing to conduct additional proceedings to find complete justice if the Court of Appeals returned jurisdiction of my case to him.

December 1 – Judge Allegra issued his response indicating that he would grant our motion IF the Court of Appeals were to return jurisdiction to him for the purposes of allowing the Court of Claims to consider new information.

December 18 – The U.S. Court of Appeals remanded my case back to Judge Allegra to allow him to fully consider our November 19 motion, the nature and detail of which I am not presently at liberty to discuss.

Today (December 22) – Judge Allegra issued an Order that set the stage for what 2015 will hold.

I attached his Order to this post since it was not issued under seal and is a Reported Decision (public) [below].

“…the court will order depositions of at least some of the attorneys and other witnesses in this case, as well as the receipt of other relevant evidence.”

In his Order Judge Allegra told DOJ to address issues that were not made clear in their motions.

Particularly:

“…defendant’s response to the Federal Circuit’s December 18, 2014, order appear to implicate important matters relating to the merits of this case, and defendant’s subsequent conduct in this proceeding…”

And,

“Whether defendant has any other appropriate legal basis to disregard or delay implementation of the Federal Circuit’s order of December 18, 2014, or any other appropriate legal basis to delay the execution by this court of the Federal Circuit’s remand order?”

So,

Don’t form conclusions just yet because so much of what has taken place behind the scenes is not fully exposed or understandable. Additional proceedings will reveal that. Trust that justice is being served. My battle is not close to being over.

This 6+ year legal process has taught me patience, trust and faith. Those are character traits of which I had been lacking. One of the many gifts I received in 2014 was being educated by the process to some very valuable personal lessons regarding my behavioral flaws (patience, trust, faith) and hopefully I have become a better person for having those flaws highlighted for me.

I learned who to trust.  I found friends I never knew I had.  I rededicated myself to old friends who never left my side.  I learned that people I thought were friends were not in times of crisis.

As I head into the 7th year of this dispute I hold high-hopes for 2015. True and pure justice is not for anyone weak in commitment.  It is neither easy, nor cheap,  nor fast – but, it is worth it.

Stay tuned.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year and God bless to all, friend and foe.

Jay

PS: Of some satisfaction to me, albeit petty, the ringleader of DOJ’s battle to defeat me was a DOJ executive attorney named Jeanne Davidson.  On August 18th, one week prior to Judge Allegra issuing his opinion on my case, President Obama nominated Ms. Davidson for a Federal Judgeship.  On December 17th the Senate denied Ms. Davidson’s confirmation.  http://www.mainjusti...ugh-the-cracks/

Judge Allegra’s December 22, 2014 public Order:

https___ecf.cofc.uscourts.gov_cgi-bin_show_temp.pl_file=1765902-0–11150

#263 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

RIP to our brothers in the NYPD.  May all of our brothers and sisters be safe and protected.  I hope ATF NY Field Division displays their support.

#264 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:58 PM

Every single life has value. Civilians, suspects, criminals, and police officers - white, black, brown, young, old, male, female, gay, strait, innocent or guilty.

Does anyone remember Detective Melvin Santiago? He was a Jersey City police officer who was shot to death on July 13th. Santiago was white. His killer, Lawrence Campbell, was black. Did Obama appear before national television audience and call for justice for Officer Santiago’s family? Does anyone recall Eric Holder rushing to Jersey City to comfort his family?

How about Officer Jeffrey Westerfield? He was a Gary, Indiana police officer who was shot to death on July 6, 2014. Officer Westerfield was white, his killer, Carl LeEllis Blount, Jr. was black. Where was Obama? Where was Holder?

Officer Perry Renn was an Indianapolis, Indiana police officer who was shot to death July 5, 2014, the day before Officer Westerfield was killed. Officer Renn was white. His killer, Major Davis, was black. Any comment from the President or AG?

Vermillion Parish Deputy Sheriff Allen Bares was gunned down by two men June 23, 2014 in Louisiana.  Deputy Bares was white. His two killers, Quintlan Richard and Baylon Taylor were black. Were Obama or Holder outraged?

Detective Charles Dinwiddie of the Killen, Texas Police Department was murdered on May 11, 2014 by Marvin Lewis Guy, a black male. Officer Dinwiddie was white, Guy was black. Ever hear that story?

- And every single bit as important;

Officer Kevin Jordan of Griffin, Georgia Police Department was gunned down on May 31, 2014. Officer Jordan was black, his killer, Michael Bowman was white. This was a white man murdering a black police officer. Where was Jesse Jackson? Where was "Reverend" Sharpton? Where were the protests?

Over the past 60 days, there have been five reported deaths of police officers by gunshot in the U.S.

Lawmen and woman of any color – you are fair game and no one in this administration gives a rats ass if you are murdered. Many in this country believe you have it coming because you have chosen to wear a badge and carry a gun.

Peace, strength, bravery, courage and judgment to each and every one of you.

#265 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 03:06 PM

Remember when everyone protested and rioted and looted and the country was upside down over the murder of Brian Terry at the hands of thugs armed up by ATF and DOJ?

Yeah, me neither.

Everyone who had a hand in his doom has been given a free pass.  That will never, ever, never be right.  Shameful.

On the 4th anniversary of Brian Terry's death - as much as they try to make you - never forget what he stood for. 

Where you at Congress?  Oh.  I forgot.  You passed the budget bill to get home for the holidays.  Josie Terry would have like to have her son home too.

Attached File  315840_211958358938892_915281828_n.jpg   124.6KB   5 downloads

#266 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:43 AM

http://m.legacy.com/...rer=0&preview=A True professional. RIP and prayers to the family.

ATF Special Agent (Ret.) Norm Prins
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

#267 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

http://www.ticklethe...te-court-rules/

#268 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:52 PM

Take a moment to remember.

Today is Dec. 2nd, 2014... The day ATF Agent, Ariel Rios was Killed 32 years ago while working undercover and his undercover partner, Alexander J. D'Atri was shot 5 times and survived.

Our Hero, Ariel was 28 when he was taken from us. He has been in Heaven for 32 years. He would be 60 and enjoying his 3rd year in retirement had he lived to see today. So young, so sad. Here is what happened 32 years ago...

On December 2, 1982, two ATF undercover agents entered the front office of the Hurricane Motel in Little Havana to finish a deal. One of the Agents was a relatively new guy to ATF and had just received a rift notice (pink slip) advising him that he may not have a job in a couple of months. His name was Ariel Rios and he wanted to prove to ATF that he was a worker and producer and that he needed this job and that ATF needed him. Pink Slip or no pink slip, he started this armed trafficking case and he was going to see it through to the end. ATF hired him to go after the worst of the worst and that’s what he was doing. 

The other agent had nothing to prove. His name was Alexander J. D’Atri. He was the Supervisor of the Vice Presidential Task Force assigned to gather up the best of the best ATF Agents to go after the Worst of the Worst bad guys during the “Cocaine Cowboys” days in Miami. He was the kind of Supervisor that wouldn’t ask an Agent to do something that he wouldn’t do himself. 

So in they went and you all know the rest of the story. Only Alex made it out alive but just barely. His body was riddled with 5 bullets. Alex died several times on the operating table but pulled through thanks to the trauma doctors at Jackson and Alex’s excellent health. Ariel’s wound to the head proved fatal and we lost him. 

That day, ATF lost Ariel Rios, an ATF Warrior, a friend and co-worker. The Rios family lost a husband, a father, a son and the list can go on but you get the picture. 

I bring this up for several reasons. That each and every one of us needs to be on top of our game at all times. We need to take care of each other while working the streets. I can’t help but wonder which one of us will be the next Ariel Rios or Eddie Benitez. Look around your squads, look across the table at lunch and think how horrible you would feel if that person was taken from us. Would you want your friend to be forgotten just because 32 years had passed and all he became was a name on a wall? I don’t think any of us would. It is up to all of us to keep their memory alive whether you knew them or not because there but by the grace of God could go anyone of us

Thank you for reminding us Vince.  Well said.  Special thanks to our retired ATF agent who eliminated the threat that day.

#269 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:39 AM

Take a moment to remember.

Today is Dec. 2nd, 2014... The day ATF Agent, Ariel Rios was Killed 32 years ago while working undercover and his undercover partner, Alexander J. D'Atri was shot 5 times and survived.

Our Hero, Ariel was 28 when he was taken from us. He has been in Heaven for 32 years. He would be 60 and enjoying his 3rd year in retirement had he lived to see today. So young, so sad. Here is what happened 32 years ago...

On December 2, 1982, two ATF undercover agents entered the front office of the Hurricane Motel in Little Havana to finish a deal. One of the Agents was a relatively new guy to ATF and had just received a rift notice (pink slip) advising him that he may not have a job in a couple of months. His name was Ariel Rios and he wanted to prove to ATF that he was a worker and producer and that he needed this job and that ATF needed him. Pink Slip or no pink slip, he started this armed trafficking case and he was going to see it through to the end. ATF hired him to go after the worst of the worst and that’s what he was doing. 

The other agent had nothing to prove. His name was Alexander J. D’Atri. He was the Supervisor of the Vice Presidential Task Force assigned to gather up the best of the best ATF Agents to go after the Worst of the Worst bad guys during the “Cocaine Cowboys” days in Miami. He was the kind of Supervisor that wouldn’t ask an Agent to do something that he wouldn’t do himself. 

So in they went and you all know the rest of the story. Only Alex made it out alive but just barely. His body was riddled with 5 bullets. Alex died several times on the operating table but pulled through thanks to the trauma doctors at Jackson and Alex’s excellent health. Ariel’s wound to the head proved fatal and we lost him. 

That day, ATF lost Ariel Rios, an ATF Warrior, a friend and co-worker. The Rios family lost a husband, a father, a son and the list can go on but you get the picture. 

I bring this up for several reasons. That each and every one of us needs to be on top of our game at all times. We need to take care of each other while working the streets. I can’t help but wonder which one of us will be the next Ariel Rios or Eddie Benitez. Look around your squads, look across the table at lunch and think how horrible you would feel if that person was taken from us. Would you want your friend to be forgotten just because 32 years had passed and all he became was a name on a wall? I don’t think any of us would. It is up to all of us to keep their memory alive whether you knew them or not because there but by the grace of God could go anyone of us

#270 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:32 PM

If a man like Sheriff David A. Clark were given a shot to be the Director of ATF, I believe he would be embraced by the agency.  This is what leadership looks and sounds like.  Why can't we have this?  Respect.  Something Jones and crew will never have and never know.  They are puppets.

http://en.wikipedia....d_A._Clarke,_Jr

Wow!  Thanks for sharing that Jay.  He is a breath of fresh air.  I am so tired of so many weak leaders in this agency.  For those supervisors who were given an unfair advantage in the promotion process should look in the mirror and accept that you are only fooling yourself.

#271 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 07:56 PM

If a man like Sheriff David A. Clark were given a shot to be the Director of ATF, I believe he would be embraced by the agency.  This is what leadership looks and sounds like.  Why can't we have this?  Respect.  Something Jones and crew will never have and never know.  They are puppets.

http://en.wikipedia....d_A._Clarke,_Jr

#272 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:13 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL ATF Agents, Investigators and Staff

Be safe. Especially those called upon to help in the wake of the Ferguson unrest.

Happy Thanksgiving to all professional, hard working, honest, and legit employees/ retirees.

#273 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:50 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL ATF Agents, Investigators and Staff

Be safe. Especially those called upon to help in the wake of the Ferguson unrest.

#274 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 26 November 2014 - 04:48 PM

This published today.  No worries here.  There is more than meets the eye but the circumstances remain under seal.  They eventually will come out and even more of what I told you had taken place will be exposed.  I'm built for this fight and ready to continue.

Federal judge voids his own judgment in ATF lawsuit

http://www.azcentral...gment/70127148/

Hang in there brother. The walls will continue to fall in on them.

#275 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:43 AM

This published today.  No worries here.  There is more than meets the eye but the circumstances remain under seal.  They eventually will come out and even more of what I told you had taken place will be exposed.  I'm built for this fight and ready to continue.

Federal judge voids his own judgment in ATF lawsuit

http://www.azcentral...gment/70127148/

#276 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:56 PM

This is not the ideal forum for this commentary but so many law enforcement people read here I thought I would re-post a piece I wrote on my Facebook page. 

From Facebook 11.25.14:

Since the Ferguson shooting 41 police officers have been killed in the line of duty - men, women, black, white, Latino, Asian.

No one rioted for them. No one from the Obama administration attended their funerals. Their deaths serving the public were limited to a blip on the public radar, consolations from within the the law enforcement world and a black band over the badges of their peers in remembrance. The media barely reacted.

I'm hearing lots of "as a black person" we are free to be shot and killed. Ignorance and racism is disgusting but if there is truly an "open season" it is on the police. Cops are free to be attacked, shot and killed because they wear a badge or a blue uniform. And guess what? It happens everyday to zero fanfare or protest.

You really wanna know what it feels like to have a target on your back and a bounty on your head? Try being a cop. The haters don't care what color you are. They hate what you stand for. And, people of all colors accept it as a cost of doing business.

When I went to Los Angeles in 1992 to assist in riot control, below is what I faced - "X" outs and sniper bullets (under my arm on the drivers door). I drove from Arizona to California with lights and sirens at 100 mph to work to assist a community that did not look like me. I didn't go so much to quell rioters as I did to help protect the good, innocent, hard working people in South Central, most of whom were black. It wasn't just me, two dozen of us from Arizona, mostly white, raced to try and help in a community to which we had no ownership and was almost entirely black.

It was not about white or black or oppression of a culture or a verdict. It was about right and wrong and many of us willingly placed ourselves in harms way to do it. No one said thanks. None needed to. It was just what "those dirty white cops" do. No appreciation or concern was, or is, required. Honored to have tried to help.

Grace to ALL involved in Ferguson rioting - protestors and police - and in demonstrations around the country. Very sad days for all people who live here.

Attached File  1074831_541438559227268_1057466346_o.jpg   104.11KB   1 downloadsAttached File  LA Riots001.jpg   189.81KB   1 downloads

#277 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 November 2014 - 06:01 AM

Wow ATF has completed its first full week of being legit in promotions now that ATF requires hiring officials to certifiy that NEPOTISM is not allowed as of Nov 16, 2014.   What a joke!  Whoever creates the best smoke and mirrors presentation gets the promo and you can break the law while being protected by one of the illegit promotees.

#278 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 November 2014 - 07:55 PM

Guess I had it wrong, I am NOT the most hated man on the 5th floor. You have to ask, Who's driving this train-wreck?  They caught a break from the judge but their grossly inflated egos and incompetence will not allow them to be reasonable. UNTIL, they are removed or prosecuted or investigated by Congress, this downward spiral will continue. AMAZING Stupidity.

#279 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:46 AM

27 years ago today.  First week at work, bullet in the back, through the lung and out the chest.  The ambulance chaser attorneys were all over it begging me to let them file a claim on my behalf.  I declined.  All I wanted to do was be an ATF Agent.

It was an amazing experience and I crossed paths with so many incredible people.  Thank you to the good and great partners, friends and peers that touched my life and career.  I was blessed to be a small part of it all.

Attached File  Shootout Article.jpg   112.22KB   5 downloads

A special thanks to the Agents in the Tucson Field Office in 1987.  Most notably Lee Mellor and Larry Thomason as well as my trauma surgeon Dr. Richard Carmona.  Three great men and mentors.  You saved my life.

#280 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:53 PM

Hey Jones, Brandon, Turk -

Your "experts" testified at trial that ATF doesn't investigate arson or bombing on residences.  They did so under oath.  You've seen the transcripts and you were OK with that testimony as it applied to me.

Then,

ATF offers $2,500 reward for info in Uptown firebombing

http://www.wwltv.com...ebomb/19183857/

Quotes from the story:

"Federal Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents are offering up to $2,500 for information that leads to an arrest in the Nov. 6 firebombing at a local political consultant's Uptown home."

"ATF, along with our law enforcement and fire prevention partners, understands that this type of violent criminal act has a devastating impact on the victim, as well as the community," (Phil) Durham said in a statement. "We will use every available resource to bring this investigation to a successful conclusion."

Agents begged the ATF executives in charge of the arson of my home to offer a reward.  ATF refused.  You still haven't.  You're strait, power-corrupt hypocrites.

You can't cheat in the courtroom but, if you are going to then at least win.  You cheated and lost.  You can't do the wrong thing right. 

You can't be aware of the cheating and lying and then not fix it.  You three are responsible.  You can't interfere with the process of criminal investigation in order to protect your corrupt civil defense of my allegations.  You're dirty in this.

You are not outside the blast radius at all.  It's still going and more and more info of how low you all are is coming in daily.  You're gutless.

Can't wait until you take the stand and have to testify under oath.  Then we are all going to learn who you really, really are.  Disgusting fakes.

I am like a kid with Christmas approaching just dying to open his presents.  That's how I feel about you having to answer up.

Guess I had it wrong, I am NOT the most hated man on the 5th floor. You have to ask, Who's driving this train-wreck?  They caught a break from the judge but their grossly inflated egos and incompetence will not allow them to be reasonable. UNTIL, they are removed or prosecuted or investigated by Congress, this downward spiral will continue. AMAZING Stupidity.

#281 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:37 AM

Hey Jones, Brandon, Turk -

Your "experts" testified at trial that ATF doesn't investigate arson or bombing on residences.  They did so under oath.  You've seen the transcripts and you were OK with that testimony as it applied to me.

Then,

ATF offers $2,500 reward for info in Uptown firebombing

http://www.wwltv.com...ebomb/19183857/

Quotes from the story:

"Federal Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents are offering up to $2,500 for information that leads to an arrest in the Nov. 6 firebombing at a local political consultant's Uptown home."

"ATF, along with our law enforcement and fire prevention partners, understands that this type of violent criminal act has a devastating impact on the victim, as well as the community," (Phil) Durham said in a statement. "We will use every available resource to bring this investigation to a successful conclusion."

Agents begged the ATF executives in charge of the arson of my home to offer a reward.  ATF refused.  You still haven't.  You're strait, power-corrupt hypocrites.

You can't cheat in the courtroom but, if you are going to then at least win.  You cheated and lost.  You can't do the wrong thing right. 

You can't be aware of the cheating and lying and then not fix it.  You three are responsible.  You can't interfere with the process of criminal investigation in order to protect your corrupt civil defense of my allegations.  You're dirty in this.

You are not outside the blast radius at all.  It's still going and more and more info of how low you all are is coming in daily.  You're gutless.

Can't wait until you take the stand and have to testify under oath.  Then we are all going to learn who you really, really are.  Disgusting fakes.

I am like a kid with Christmas approaching just dying to open his presents.  That's how I feel about you having to answer up.

#282 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:20 AM

I do not know what to say but I am sorry Jay. The DOJ really needs to change it's name.

This is getting VERY interesting. SOMETHING had to trigger such a strong reaction from the Judge. He is clearly taking this very serious. I have NEVER heard of a judge vacating his own decision. BRANDON AND JONES shoulda just done the right thing.

#283 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:51 PM

Dobyns v. USA just got stranger - if that was possible.

First, six years of a lawsuit, motions, orders, depositions and two trial phases as DOJ and ATF tried their best and worst to defend their corruption.

That phase ended with the issuance of an opinion and judgement out of the United States Court of Federal Claims.

Then, two months after the Judge's opinion was issued DOJ appealed his ruling in the 11th hour of their window to do so. 

I cross-appealed but not because I wanted to.  I was content.  DOJ left me no choice with their appeal but to defend and protect myself in the fullest way possible. 

Attorney General Holder and ATF Director B. Jones were going to try and wring me out some more knowing how expensive it will be for me to take this through the appellate process.  Getting to truth with these guys is not for the weary, faint-of-heart or poor.  They surely didn't like the fact that the Judge agreed with me.  More specifically, they didn't agree with the facts.

DOJ and ATF have the right to appeal.  I respect that right and the process.  It is based in an old piece of paper that I believe in - it's called The Constitution.  I'm not sure this Administration or Holder ever heard of it.  See yesterday's election results as an indication.

I accepted the path laid before me and found the silver-lining in it all viewing the DOJ/ATF appeal as an opportunity for me to prove the truth - again - this time to a higher court.

But now, today,

Judge Allegra published an order announcing that he has voided his judgement in the case!  He is is preparing to announce a schedule for "further proceedings in the matter".  See attached below.

I'm not not exactly sure what all this means yet but, what I am sure of is that I won a victory once - doing it the right and honest way - and I will do it again using the same strategy - telling the truth and providing evidence of it. 

I trusted God first and Judge Allegra second to reveal an honest conclusion.  I will continue to do the same until this case finally comes to a rest.

THE TRUTH NEVER CHANGES!

attachicon.gif01511862505.pdf

I do not know what to say but I am sorry Jay.  The DOJ really needs to change it's name.

#284 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:11 PM

Dobyns v. USA just got stranger - if that was possible.

First, six years of a lawsuit, motions, orders, depositions and two trial phases as DOJ and ATF tried their best and worst to defend their corruption.

That phase ended with the issuance of an opinion and judgement out of the United States Court of Federal Claims.

Then, two months after the Judge's opinion was issued DOJ appealed his ruling in the 11th hour of their window to do so. 

I cross-appealed but not because I wanted to.  I was content.  DOJ left me no choice with their appeal but to defend and protect myself in the fullest way possible. 

Attorney General Holder and ATF Director B. Jones were going to try and wring me out some more knowing how expensive it will be for me to take this through the appellate process.  Getting to truth with these guys is not for the weary, faint-of-heart or poor.  They surely didn't like the fact that the Judge agreed with me.  More specifically, they didn't agree with the facts.

DOJ and ATF have the right to appeal.  I respect that right and the process.  It is based in an old piece of paper that I believe in - it's called The Constitution.  I'm not sure this Administration or Holder ever heard of it.  See yesterday's election results as an indication.

I accepted the path laid before me and found the silver-lining in it all viewing the DOJ/ATF appeal as an opportunity for me to prove the truth - again - this time to a higher court.

But now, today,

Judge Allegra published an order announcing that he has voided his judgement in the case!  He is is preparing to announce a schedule for "further proceedings in the matter".  See attached below.

I'm not not exactly sure what all this means yet but, what I am sure of is that I won a victory once - doing it the right and honest way - and I will do it again using the same strategy - telling the truth and providing evidence of it. 

I trusted God first and Judge Allegra second to reveal an honest conclusion.  I will continue to do the same until this case finally comes to a rest.

THE TRUTH NEVER CHANGES!

Attached File  01511862505.pdf   39.67KB   46 downloads

#285 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:14 AM

http://m.nationalrev...s-got-him-cited

What a chickenshit move. How does this guy look in the mirror to shave. Remember when lying to Congress would get you locked up?

#286 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:57 PM

I hear ya brother this Agency lost it way years ago and too few Good and Ethical bosses to turn it around im afraid. Best of luck.

I had once hoped to retire with the bureau but due to circumstances that's not to be. Glad to see you were able to Vince and I sincerely hope things will go great for you in the future and that right soon. BTW, I passed 30 years government service over a year ago and received a quarter-sized pin and a hand writted letter from the Commander, USCG thanking me for my service. Now I only have 20 years left before I can retire!

#287 James Miller

James Miller

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:56 AM

I had once hoped to retire with the bureau but due to circumstances that's not to be.  Glad to see you were able to Vince and I sincerely hope things will go great for you in the future and that right soon.  BTW, I passed 30 years government service over a year ago and received a quarter-sized pin and a hand writted letter from the Commander, USCG thanking me for my service.  Now I only have 20 years left before I can retire!

#288 Jaime3

Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:30 AM

Vince:

Thanks for all the helped you provided me and Thanks for being one of a few people, opening the door to ATFs corruption and helping Congress take a good look inside.

You're a Good Man.

As many of you know, my settlement with ATF/DOJ REQUIRED me to retire at the end of the month. THATS TODAY. I can never thank everybody I owe for what was the ride of a lifetime. So Thank you. I was proud to be an ATF Agent, and I pray for all of you to be safe. Somehow I got out in one piece, in large part because of the people who trained and led me early on. I HAVE BEEN BLESSED TO WORK WITH MANY OF THE TRUE HEROS OF THIS AGENCY AND WILL NEVER FORGET THOSE TIMES. Semper Fidelis and ALWAYS BE SAFE.

#289 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 October 2014 - 04:55 PM

As many of you know, my settlement with ATF/DOJ  REQUIRED me to retire at the end of the month. THATS TODAY. I can never thank everybody I owe for what was the ride of a lifetime. So Thank you. I was proud to be an ATF Agent, and I pray for all of you to be safe. Somehow I got out in one piece, in large part because of the people who trained and led me early on. I HAVE BEEN BLESSED TO WORK WITH MANY OF THE TRUE HEROS OF THIS AGENCY AND WILL NEVER FORGET THOSE TIMES. Semper Fidelis and ALWAYS BE SAFE.

Thank you for your service and your friendship Vince.  You are the man.

#290 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:56 PM

As many of you know, my settlement with ATF/DOJ  REQUIRED me to retire at the end of the month. THATS TODAY. I can never thank everybody I owe for what was the ride of a lifetime. So Thank you. I was proud to be an ATF Agent, and I pray for all of you to be safe. Somehow I got out in one piece, in large part because of the people who trained and led me early on. I HAVE BEEN BLESSED TO WORK WITH MANY OF THE TRUE HEROS OF THIS AGENCY AND WILL NEVER FORGET THOSE TIMES. Semper Fidelis and ALWAYS BE SAFE.

#291 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:35 PM

The mere fact that ATF Executives would disrespect a U S Judge show their lack of professionalism and regard for the rule of law. They should be very careful opening a door that got their asses kicked the first time. Not thinking the court of appeals will look favorably upon ATF Execs lack of respect. NOT TO MENTION all the good info that can now be introduced. Gettin my popcorn. This outta be good.

It Ain't Over Yet: ATF Appeals Judge's Ruling Favoring Ex-Agent Jay Dobyns

http://www.ticklethe...ent-jay-dobyns/

Love the articles title.  "It Ain't Over Yet..."  Not by a damn longshot it ain't.

#292 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:50 PM

And just got some insider info from a mole on the inner circle of HQ.

Seems that Judge Allegra and I are the punch lines to some cafeteria jokes between the bigshots.

I'm the guy with the hero syndrome who thinks he's saving the world but can't save himself. Judge Allegra is the guy who thinks he's smarter than everyone else and uses Shakespeare in his rulings to prove it.

Judge Allegra's work is done. He did his best to make chickensalad out of chickenshit (insider joke from trial testimony - that was actually funny, unlike the aboves). He did his job well and thorough. The opening quote in his opinion was only to set the stage for the rest of his conclusions. I'm not an intellect but I was smart enough to understand that. And, it doesn't appear that I.Q. is a qualifier, and more so a disqualifier, to be an ATF executive.

My work is just starting. I don't know anything about appellate courts but I learn fast and I've got some real smart people helping me. Lets see who's laughing in the end.

The mere fact that ATF Executives would disrespect a U S Judge show their lack of professionalism and regard for the rule of law. They should be very careful opening a door that got their asses kicked the first time. Not thinking the court of appeals will look favorably upon ATF Execs lack of respect. NOT TO MENTION all the good info that can now be introduced. Gettin my popcorn. This outta be good.

#293 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:39 AM

And just got some insider info from a mole on the inner circle of HQ.

Seems that Judge Allegra and I are the punch lines to some cafeteria jokes between the bigshots.

I'm the guy with the hero syndrome who thinks he's saving the world but can't save himself.  Judge Allegra is the guy who thinks he's smarter than everyone else and uses Shakespeare in his rulings to prove it.

Judge Allegra's work is done.  He did his best to make chickensalad out of chickenshit (insider joke from trial testimony - that was actually funny, unlike the aboves).  He did his job well and thorough.  The opening quote in his opinion was only to set the stage for the rest of his conclusions.  I'm not an intellect but I was smart enough to understand that.  And, it doesn't appear that I.Q. is a qualifier, and more so a disqualifier, to be an ATF executive. 

My work is just starting.  I don't know anything about appellate courts but I learn fast and I've got some real smart people helping me.  Lets see who's laughing in the end.

ATF execs, DOJ attorneys - I'm built for this.  A career spent being the vile person you've claimed has me well prepared for whatever you got.

#294 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:56 PM

ATF execs, DOJ attorneys - I'm built for this.  A career spent being the vile person you've claimed has me well prepared for whatever you got.

#295 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:50 PM

DOJ, ATF Lost Court Battle Against Whistleblower Jay Dobyns, So They're Making His Life Hell By Appealing

http://townhall.com/...ealing-n1910550

- I fought through six years of government corruption and crimes and DOJ's judicial misconduct to receive justice.  Along the way DOJ played every conceivable and inconceivable trick imaginable to break my will, my spirit and to crush me financially attempting to create a financial forfeit.  They failed. 

I argued before a fair and experienced judge and he got it right.  But, getting it right is not a part of the mantra at DOJ, getting it their way is all they understand. 

So now, my fight for "re-justice" will have to continue, likely for a considerable amount of time.  I'm ammo'd up and ready to go.

Much of what was done illegally and corruptly during these six years has not come to light.  I was content to let it go and move on.  I had no intention to appeal and was satisfied with the ruling.  Not entirely in agreement with all of it, but satisfied. 

Now since ATF and DOJ want to poke the tiger and keep all this alive, I'm letting out the rest of the dirt.  Stay tuned.  What came out in the judges opinion isn't even the good (bad) stuff.

#296 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:52 AM

http://m.townhall.co...ealing-n1910550

Beyond the OBVIOUS waste fraud and abuse of this action, it shows the shear pettiness and lack of personal responsibility by ATFs executive staff.

#297 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 12:57 PM

AN ATF WIFE’S RESPONSE TO THE JAY DOBYNS EMAIL TO CONGRESS

CC: Director B. Todd Jones and Deputy Director Thomas Brandon

This is what ATF has done to us.  I am positive that I speak for every family who has been targeted by the inept and abusive higher ups in ATF.  Would any of you in Congress be able to keep your cool after eight, nine, ten years of retaliation and slander from the bureau you love and honor?  These agents are some of the bravest men and women in this country.  They are the ones that said “I will do it”.  They are willing to lose their lives at any moment to protect those who cannot protect themselves. These agents took an oath and would never, ever break it.  Yet for the last decade they have not been able to do their job – taking bad guys off the streets and away from you and me, because they have been too busy defending themselves from the people that are supposed to be the good guys.  How dare the Gleysteens, the Downs, the Newells, the Gillettes and the McMahons.  Their  biggest and longest cases of all of their careers has been attacking their brothers in arms.  I wonder if they will receive a plaque and a ceremony for a decade of worthlessness.  How does this happen?  What oath did they swear by?  And how is it that these people can blatantly lie in the face of Congress and not even receive a slap on the hand?  They go right back to work, doing what they are best at, deceiving the American public and eating their own.  If you can’t or won’t stop them, who will?  Jay Dobyns is not the only person that has suffered.  He has a wife and two children who have suffered alongside him. Vince Cefalu is not the only person who has suffered.  He has a wife and five children who have suffered alongside him and I have experienced this first hand. And what of the Dodsons and Gils and countless others?  I am Agent Cefalu’s wife and I have seen what it has done to my husband.  I have seen the anguish, the stress, the anger and the disbelief.  I have experienced the financial ruin and felt the shame of not being able to provide for our children as well as we should.  I have had to watch my husband spend all of his time defending himself instead of being the husband and father that we all so desperately wanted and needed.  My children spent their teenage years living under ATF bullshit everyday.  I prayed everyday that someone would do the right thing to end the insanity so my children could get 100% of our time and attention.  So we could have a normal family life.  My children have moved out on their own now and that time is lost.  Can you imagine how that hurts a mother’s heart?  ATF robbed us of that opportunity.  I cannot imagine that any one of you would stand silent if this were happening to you and yours.  When  ATF sits around dreaming up more ways to attack their agents, their families lose precious time.  I stand behind Jay Dobyns and agree with every word he wrote.

Robyn Cefalu

Haha.  My email to Congress on 10.24 contained language not suitable for the public audience.  Roby proved to be much more controlled.  Good job girl.  J

#298 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:04 AM

AN ATF WIFE’S RESPONSE TO THE JAY DOBYNS EMAIL TO CONGRESS

CC: Director B. Todd Jones and Deputy Director Thomas Brandon

This is what ATF has done to us.  I am positive that I speak for every family who has been targeted by the inept and abusive higher ups in ATF.  Would any of you in Congress be able to keep your cool after eight, nine, ten years of retaliation and slander from the bureau you love and honor?  These agents are some of the bravest men and women in this country.  They are the ones that said “I will do it”.  They are willing to lose their lives at any moment to protect those who cannot protect themselves. These agents took an oath and would never, ever break it.  Yet for the last decade they have not been able to do their job – taking bad guys off the streets and away from you and me, because they have been too busy defending themselves from the people that are supposed to be the good guys.  How dare the Gleysteens, the Downs, the Newells, the Gillettes and the McMahons.  Their  biggest and longest cases of all of their careers has been attacking their brothers in arms.  I wonder if they will receive a plaque and a ceremony for a decade of worthlessness.  How does this happen?  What oath did they swear by?  And how is it that these people can blatantly lie in the face of Congress and not even receive a slap on the hand?  They go right back to work, doing what they are best at, deceiving the American public and eating their own.  If you can’t or won’t stop them, who will?  Jay Dobyns is not the only person that has suffered.  He has a wife and two children who have suffered alongside him. Vince Cefalu is not the only person who has suffered.  He has a wife and five children who have suffered alongside him and I have experienced this first hand. And what of the Dodsons and Gils and countless others?  I am Agent Cefalu’s wife and I have seen what it has done to my husband.  I have seen the anguish, the stress, the anger and the disbelief.  I have experienced the financial ruin and felt the shame of not being able to provide for our children as well as we should.  I have had to watch my husband spend all of his time defending himself instead of being the husband and father that we all so desperately wanted and needed.  My children spent their teenage years living under ATF bullshit everyday.  I prayed everyday that someone would do the right thing to end the insanity so my children could get 100% of our time and attention.  So we could have a normal family life.  My children have moved out on their own now and that time is lost.  Can you imagine how that hurts a mother’s heart?  ATF robbed us of that opportunity.  I cannot imagine that any one of you would stand silent if this were happening to you and yours.  When  ATF sits around dreaming up more ways to attack their agents, their families lose precious time.  I stand behind Jay Dobyns and agree with every word he wrote.

Robyn Cefalu

#299 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:38 PM

The only thing I can think of is that ATF "Leaders" are making a desperate attempt at saving their reputation and ATF on appealing this decision when what they should do is hold those responsible accountable so that they earn some good will with the rank and file.  The rank and file would take some accountability as a step in the right direction to save this rudderless ship.  Instead they are putting the final nail in the ATF coffin.  I hope our members of congress have had enough of ATF bad behavior because the rest of us have.  ATF has caused life to imitate art, specifically the scene in the movie The Untouchables, when Sean Connery is walking his beat past Kevin Costner and Connery challenges Costner on the bridge who reaches into his breast pocket to retrive his creds and Connery uses his night stick to stop Costner and detects Costner's gun.  Costner identifies his office and Connery walks away.  Costner says what kind of cop are you to walk away from a guy with gun and Connery replies,  who else would claim to be a prohibition agent (ATF) if he wasn't?

I have some bombshells.  I just need to figure out how and where to drop them.  I will.  Congress is not going to do anything.  They know the story but they just aren't up for it.  Simple as that.  About the best they can do is write scolding letters.  Judicial Watch gets more done than the US Congress.

#300 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:32 AM

I'm coming with all of it.  With all the information that they thought slipped through the cracks.  All the dirt that they thought the Judge would never see or know about.  I told you to trust me and that the trial opinion was going to be brutal.  It was.  Now trust me again.  The behind-the-scenes story of what took place and that I was choking down is going to get let out and it is very bad.  Disgusting bad. 

The only thing I can think of is that ATF "Leaders" are making a desperate attempt at saving their reputation and ATF on appealing this decision when what they should do is hold those responsible accountable so that they earn some good will with the rank and file.  The rank and file would take some accountability as a step in the right direction to save this rudderless ship.  Instead they are putting the final nail in the ATF coffin.  I hope our members of congress have had enough of ATF bad behavior because the rest of us have.  ATF has caused life to imitate art, specifically the scene in the movie The Untouchables, when Sean Connery is walking his beat past Kevin Costner and Connery challenges Costner on the bridge who reaches into his breast pocket to retrive his creds and Connery uses his night stick to stop Costner and detects Costner's gun.  Costner identifies his office and Connery walks away.  Costner says what kind of cop are you to walk away from a guy with gun and Connery replies,  who else would claim to be a prohibition agent (ATF) if he wasn't?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users