#51 Zorro

Zorro

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationOld California

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:07 PM

Salaries are a tough thing to bicker about when the average taxpayer who gets robbed to pay for us is pulling roughly 50k with more expensive health insurance and less pension.  Many would gladly take what some of us claim is insufficient. Given that several years ago the average ATF employee was drawing 91k from the public, with grade creep and raises since then, most of our financial supporters (who are routinely  labeled "greedy" by numerous politicians) might think we could all afford a bit of a haircut despite our high opinions of self-worth. 

The views and opinions expressed by the author are just that. They are not the official opinion of anyone anywhere in any capacity.

#52 Retired Old Agent

Retired Old Agent

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:04 AM

As I have said in the past, you have to ask "what purpose does ATF currently serve"?  Any high school student can be taught how to write an adopted case and they don't even need to go into the field.  Any cop on the street has more intel and can seize a gun, record serial numbers and arrest felons with firearms.  All this is usually at the cost of 1/3 that of what an agent makes. We don't do explosives cases and those rare arson cases are usually done better by locals fire departments.  

So all this "super Fed" ideology of doing cases all over the country never happens.  Very few cases matter or ever leave the local areas. If a big case is attempted, most likely it will be fucked up and everyone gets released and their stuff returned.  The only ATF employees actually keeping the gun community honest are the inspectors checking FFL books.  During my 25 years as an Agent I went from having great pride and loving the job to it being just a paycheck.  After years of getting beat up by management and seeing incompetents rise to the top, I just gave up, did the bare minimum and could care less if the office burned down once I left for the day.  I think many now feel the same.  So many of the new agents hired now seem to be cocky little pricks who see everyone else as fucked up and individuals I would least give a gun to.  Yes, I am cynical but Sooooo glad to be gone!! 

My advise to anyone still on the job is to maximize your pay, minimize your effort and just remember that its only a pay check. Do nothing that will draw attention to yourself or get you hurt.  Enjoy your family and be home for dinner each night, because all the rest is bullshit that does not matter!

1 Desertrat - I am sorry for the way you feel.  Many agents don't write any adopted cases.  I am guessing you are actually an inspector since you praise them in your post.  To be honest, what ATF Inspectors (Investigators now) do is something any person with basic bookkeeping skills and a 10th grade education could do.  When I started, Inspectors were two grades levels below agents for a reason.  It's a very simple job.  They almost never testify in court and do a few reports a week.  I think they serve a valid purpose, but to pay them $100k a year now is a joke.  They typically inspect the major four retailers because it's easier and the people there are nice to them.  Then, when they retire, they go get a job doing internal inspections for the major four retailers.  I don't disagree that ATF management is completely broken and many agents focus on just doing stuff that doesn't make the streets any safer.  

#53 RaggedyAnn

RaggedyAnn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationA legend in my own mind

Posted 02 June 2016 - 07:02 PM

I just discovered two new upcoming surveys to be given to federal employees from the Merit Systems Protection Board in 2016. The drafts are on the MSPB website. The questions are the  most interesting questions that I have ever seen in my experience with taking federal employee surveys. These issues are now being asked when they have been occurring for years and years. I wonder what precipitated these surveys? I wonder if the MSPB will be sending the surveys out to each federal employee or will they be relying on each agency to send the surveys out. If it is the latter, considering the detail of the questions about workplace harassment, sabotage, poor management, prohibited personnel practices, nepotism, signing non-disclosure to harm whistle-blowers, and the list is more detailed, I doubt if most of the corrupt federal managers (which seem to be at a premium in all the agencies) will allow employees to see these surveys, much less answer them if they are responsible for the distribution of the surveys. I believe that the MSPB reports directly to Congress. Maybe Congress has initiated these surveys. Something or someone did. Now to make certain that they are distributed fairly and equitably without fear of reprisal to all federal employees and then fix the problems that are at epidemic proportions throughout the federal work force. I wish that federal retirees were also included in the population to be surveyed as they are a lot of insight into these problems and perhaps some solutions. Maybe I will suggest that to someone.

Attached Files

#54 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 26 May 2016 - 02:46 PM

I filed an OIG complaint against The Prince of the City.  Nothing was done; the SAC squashed it.  I then filed with OSC when POTC started retaliating.  Guess what the idiot lawyer at OSC said: if ATF didn't take any action against POTC, then he can't be retaliating against me.

To this day, POTC keeps trying to eff with me.  Last time he did, I won.  But the battles still wage because this Agency won't own up to its serial abusers and assorted thugs.

#55 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 582 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:09 PM

Seriously ATF? The WORST serial abuser of whistle-blowers in the entire government? Posting a notice aint good enough. Fire the members of your Executive staff, (Starting with your corrupt ADFO) and continuing until you have set the standard and put your abusive bosses on notice.

Attached Files

• Attached File  wb.jpg   565.2KB   7 downloads

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

#56 DONE

DONE

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:56 AM

Hey 1desertrat, Sorry you Retired and now hate ATF. I recently retired. But, I still would like to see ATF do well. I still believe ATF has a great mission and a great group of Agents out there working hard. Does ATF have a lot of lazy, trouble making Agents? Absolutely. I stayed away from them and only stayed friends with the workers and people I cared about.

I think it's sad that you want to see ATF crumble, because you left. I'm confident what's made you bitter is some of the people (idiots) getting promoted. Further, many Agents throwing the Race Card around like a frisbee only made it worse. Staying angry will only rot your gut.

Enjoy Retirement and Stay Safe. PEACE.

#57 1desertrat

1desertrat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationEverywhere there is sand.

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:42 PM

As I have said in the past, you have to ask "what purpose does ATF currently serve"?  Any high school student can be taught how to write an adopted case and they don't even need to go into the field.  Any cop on the street has more intel and can seize a gun, record serial numbers and arrest felons with firearms.  All this is usually at the cost of 1/3 that of what an agent makes. We don't do explosives cases and those rare arson cases are usually done better by locals fire departments.  

So all this "super Fed" ideology of doing cases all over the country never happens.  Very few cases matter or ever leave the local areas. If a big case is attempted, most likely it will be fucked up and everyone gets released and their stuff returned.  The only ATF employees actually keeping the gun community honest are the inspectors checking FFL books.  During my 25 years as an Agent I went from having great pride and loving the job to it being just a paycheck.  After years of getting beat up by management and seeing incompetents rise to the top, I just gave up, did the bare minimum and could care less if the office burned down once I left for the day.  I think many now feel the same.  So many of the new agents hired now seem to be cocky little pricks who see everyone else as fucked up and individuals I would least give a gun to.  Yes, I am cynical but Sooooo glad to be gone!! 

My advise to anyone still on the job is to maximize your pay, minimize your effort and just remember that its only a pay check. Do nothing that will draw attention to yourself or get you hurt.  Enjoy your family and be home for dinner each night, because all the rest is bullshit that does not matter!

#58 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:18 PM

It's a joke.  Scott Sweedo, DAD in Intel,  got caught red handed stealing personnel files with the help of Robin Shoemaker, DAD in HRPD,  so he could start his new business writing SES packages for SES candidates.  It was investigated and proven.  Shoemaker got her desired transfer to Detroit as a SAC (where she is destroying the entire division) and Sweedo received no punishment and transferred.  Why?  Because they are SESs.  It's a big joke.  There are no vast conspiracy in ATF, just a bunch of self serving individuals who only care about themselves.  In fact, they would have the agents do nothing if they could get away with it.  You will never receive these personnel files, because they are personnel files. Even if you are a complainant, you aren't allowed to know what disciplinary action was taken against the supervisor that wronged you.   I still laugh about the human lie detector.  She's not an agent.  She never in her entire career did a criminal interview.  She built an entire company based on her experience which didn't happen.  The simple fact that upper management lying has become some common place that no one even notices.  It is just what they do and even if someone speaks up against it, they are quickly forced out.  

I agree with most of these observations but the part about the personnel files is not completely accurate because if you do a Google search of the DOJ OIG investigations and misconduct, you will find summaries of the misconduct and the disposition of the investigations.  They list ATF, FBI, DEA and other DOJ component employees who violated the law or DOJ policy.  The McMahon scandal was included.    

#59 Retired Old Agent

Retired Old Agent

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:17 AM

I wish the media would do a FOIA request into those people who had an allegation against them and if the allegation was investigated.  Was the investigation competent or not?  What was the punishment if any?  What was the grade of the person punished?  Was the punishment permissible or did ATF break their own rules on the "punishment."

It's a joke.  Scott Sweedo, DAD in Intel,  got caught red handed stealing personnel files with the help of Robin Shoemaker, DAD in HRPD,  so he could start his new business writing SES packages for SES candidates.  It was investigated and proven.  Shoemaker got her desired transfer to Detroit as a SAC (where she is destroying the entire division) and Sweedo received no punishment and transferred.  Why?  Because they are SESs.  It's a big joke.  There are no vast conspiracy in ATF, just a bunch of self serving individuals who only care about themselves.  In fact, they would have the agents do nothing if they could get away with it.  You will never receive these personnel files, because they are personnel files. Even if you are a complainant, you aren't allowed to know what disciplinary action was taken against the supervisor that wronged you.   I still laugh about the human lie detector.  She's not an agent.  She never in her entire career did a criminal interview.  She built an entire company based on her experience which didn't happen.  The simple fact that upper management lying has become some common place that no one even notices.  It is just what they do and even if someone speaks up against it, they are quickly forced out.  

#60 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:14 PM

Also, I would love someone to take a hard look at ATF and realize the huge increase we have had in management over the past 30 years.  When I came on, we had half the SACS in the nation, one ASAC per field division, a supervisor had 10 to 15 employees and we didn't have todays technology to help us.

NOW we have double the SACS, two ASAC per field division, numerous ADs (9?)and DADs (19?), triple the group supervisors and the only reason was to justify for SES positions.  They don't care about the agency, they care about their next promotion.  If someone took a look at their bonuses it would be clear.

TSA just got tagged for giving their #3 a $90k bonuses.  Well... I've got some shocking news for you.  Go take a look at even Shoemaker's bonuses.  She has been a train wreck for her entire career, but played the LGBT card time and time again and keeps getting exactly what she wants - AND SHE IS A COMPLETE IDIOT.  Every time they try to correct her, she claims she is being discriminated against because of her sexual preference.  

Please understand..this is ATF.  LGBT is probably the most normal thing in ATF.  No one cares.  Enough with management.  ATF needs real leadership.

I wish the media would do a FOIA request into those people who had an allegation against them and if the allegation was investigated.  Was the investigation competent or not?  What was the punishment if any?  What was the grade of the person punished?  Was the punishment permissible or did ATF break their own rules on the "punishment."

#61 Retired Old Agent

Retired Old Agent

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 03:00 PM

Also, I would love someone to take a hard look at ATF and realize the huge increase we have had in management over the past 30 years.  When I came on, we had half the SACS in the nation, one ASAC per field division, a supervisor had 10 to 15 employees and we didn't have todays technology to help us.

NOW we have double the SACS, two ASAC per field division, numerous ADs (9?)and DADs (19?), triple the group supervisors and the only reason was to justify for SES positions.  They don't care about the agency, they care about their next promotion.  If someone took a look at their bonuses it would be clear.

TSA just got tagged for giving their #3 a $90k bonuses.  Well... I've got some shocking news for you.  Go take a look at even Shoemaker's bonuses.  She has been a train wreck for her entire career, but played the LGBT card time and time again and keeps getting exactly what she wants - AND SHE IS A COMPLETE IDIOT.  Every time they try to correct her, she claims she is being discriminated against because of her sexual preference.  

Please understand..this is ATF.  LGBT is probably the most normal thing in ATF.  No one cares.  Enough with management.  ATF needs real leadership.

#62 Retired Old Agent

Retired Old Agent

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 02:49 PM

I still can't believe no one pays attention to the stuff our SES cadre pulls.  I still think Dick Chase has to take the prize.  He was the AD of OPRSO.  Steps down (but keeps his pay) to the SAC of the Denver Field Division.  Never shows up for almost the entire two years.  Lives in northern Montana.  Collects his paycheck.  Travels the nation on the ATF dime while getting certifications for his retirement career AND GETS ATF TO PAY FOR IT ALL.  At least Kelvin Crenshaw came into the office to have sex with random women as the SAC of  Seattle.  Dick Chase didn't even bother to do that.  Since then, we have had several other SACS pull the same stuff.  Rarely show up for work.  Travel the nation on the government dime.  Claim a back injury as work related, even though it happened on a ski slope.  For pete sakes, they write their own evaluations and no one reviews them!  The good ones speak out and are quickly silenced.  If you want to get promoted, you don't do anything, you just go along with the game.  Herkins gets thrown out of San Francisco for incompetence and get a promotion for his trouble.  Shoemaker is removed for cause as SAC of Columbus and is promoted, then transferred to Detroit, just because that's what she wants.  We need a real director to come in and clean house.  Remember Kathy Kiernan??? She got caught traveling back to Chicago to get her doctorate on the government dime.  It caused her to lose out on a job at the White House.  The point being, the White House thought is was unethical and abuse, but ATF didn't do anything about it.  Why?  Because she was an SES.  If Jay or Vince had pulled that stunt, ATF would have prosecuted them.  The more you move up in ATF, you aren't held to a higher standard, you are held to absolutely no standard.  Our working agents put themselves on the line every day, but the ones who get most of the promotions and bonuses are the self serving asses who only care about their next promotion.

Again, the Dick Chase stuff is easy to prove.  It's all there in his travel vouchers.  In fact, one of the Denver Group Supervisors reported him to internal affairs and was punished for questioning the conduct of an SES.  Remember Vanessa McLemore?  Everyone who complained about her racist and abusing use of government resources was punished.  She retired with a big ceremony at ATF HQ, even though DOJ OIG recommended prosecution.  So sick of this shit.

#63 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:15 PM

How does one report it? Who would listen? Some of us aren't considered to be SME on anything unethical or possibly illegal and/or criminal . How does one get around that sort of prejudice?

Depending on who you are, ATF does not investigate, they retaliate.

#64 RaggedyAnn

RaggedyAnn

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationA legend in my own mind

Posted 19 April 2016 - 06:49 PM

How does one report it? Who would listen? Some of us aren't considered to be SME on anything unethical or possibly illegal and/or criminal . How does one get around that sort of prejudice?

#65 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 582 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:04 PM

I find it extremely interesting that I was flown to HQ and interviewed for two days by INTERNAL AFFAIRS, (WHILE I WORKED FOR MICHAEL GLEYSTEEN) over the fact that I gave Jay Dobyns a pump on his book and an image of my ATF badge was attached to the testimonial for Jays book. BUT, AD Michael Gleysteen can use his position and title to advance the cause of a private business, (for which he obviously has close ties to). Somebody still in the agency might want to file a complaint about his career long unethical conduct and hypocrisy.

Attached Files

#66 Jaime3

Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:25 AM

http://m.govexec.com...ackyard/127189/

#67 Jaime3

Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:36 AM

For those who do not know, AG Loretta Lynch will not prosecute Hillary Clinton because that would open up a can of worms.
Plus the DOJ Attorneys are too busy to take the case because they're too busy teaching ATF management on how to destroy evidence.

There are several people in past and pending litigation against ATF with allegations of evidence destruction!

Contact Congress, Independant Journalist and anyone who will do a story because ATF and DOJ are the biggest violators of evidence destruction.
How can they talk about Ferguson, Clinton, and other people's backyard when their yard is filled with crap! Hypocrites!

#68 Jaime3

Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:44 AM

I will leave this right here-

http://dailycaller.c...al-to-congress/

Sounds familiar?
For people on the inside of the VA, they know the bosses pay was doubled by minimizing one or more series to maximize all others

#69 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 27 March 2016 - 02:37 PM

An investigative analyst is code word for secretary when they want a higher grade than "secretary" allows.  Our IA was barely qualified to answer the telephone!  I once was asked to review applicants for the IA job.  The job description was written up like a real investigative job.  Military, people with Masters Degrees and other cops applied.  In reality it was a job to answer the phone and pick up the mail.

This is great information for my EEO.  Some people think there's very little difference between an 1811 and an IA.

#70 Jaime3

Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 27 March 2016 - 02:29 AM

Key term and key point is 'Written up as.'
Fraud.

#71 1desertrat

1desertrat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationEverywhere there is sand.

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:41 PM

ATF is defrauding the government by claiming on paper that Investigative Analyst and Industry Operations Analyst do the same job. They aren't even trained the same nor have access to the same information.

An investigative analyst is code word for secretary when they want a higher grade than "secretary" allows.  Our IA was barely qualified to answer the telephone!  I once was asked to review applicants for the IA job.  The job description was written up like a real investigative job.  Military, people with Masters Degrees and other cops applied.  In reality it was a job to answer the phone and pick up the mail.

#72 Jaime3

Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 24 March 2016 - 04:17 PM

ATF is defrauding the government by claiming on paper that Investigative Analyst and Industry Operations Analyst do the same job. They aren't even trained the same nor have access to the same information.

#73 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:40 AM

Jaime3: What does that mean?

#74 Jaime3

Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:33 PM

ATF just put their foot in it with the Analyst 1805 series. This will be explosive (no pun intended).

#75 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 582 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:39 PM

One of the great things about ATF was the fact you weren't forced into management and moved.  This is also one of the worst things about ATF.  A large percentage of our management is made up of complete do nothings who couldn't cut it in the field.  Instead, they move into management and fail, so they get promoted, then fail again.  Robin Shoemaker is a great example.  She has failed in every position in her career, but then screams she is being discriminated because she is a lesbian.  She has been removed so many time, then promoted after failing.  It's a joke.  If everyone at ATF knew they had to move in their career, the good people would start stepping up because they knew they were going to get moved regardless.

In reality, Police Departments have the same issues. The great investigators want to stay investigators.  A lot of the chiefs just run their entire career touching the base so they can get the next promotion.  They never get good at anything.  

The same is true of ATF.  Many or most of our management have no clue how to work a case.  There really is a false impression of what the bosses do.  They don't direct cases.  Many just want nothing to happen so they get their next promotion.  

The number one priority of the SES cadre is to take care of the SES cadre.  We went from  2 SESs to over 50, but with less agents.  

Therein lie the problem. For over a decade now, ATF has promoted kiss asses, yes men and marginally skilled field agents to fast and not based on merit. My first supervisor had 16 years on the job before he got a RAC job. We have 5 year supervisors now.

#76 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 582 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:36 PM

Robin Shoemaker did not fail at anything.  The Columbus Field division has always been a train wreck and still is.  Not everyone likes ATF management but Shoemaker was given a raw deal.  New Jersey had no problem with Shoemaker.  HQ had no problems.  Detroit has no problems.  Retired Old Agent you have a personal agenda against Shoemaker.  There has been and still is management far WORSE than Robin Shoemaker.  Strong woman piss weak men off !!!!

Poor leadership created a breakdown in Columbus. THAT IS Robins bad. I am so sick of hearing, "it was that way when she got there". So what. They damn near had a FULL FLEDGED mutiny there. They have protected her and covered her incompetence for years. Thats the fact

#77 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 28 February 2016 - 07:46 AM

From Nov. 16 2015 Abeitelung post: "What actually did he say in his missive?

Is he saying ATF agents are first responders like police and fire?  Or community service officers or social workers?"

attachicon.gifNot a First Responder.pdf

Thanks, Pro.  I noted that Jack Killoran was the ATF mouthpiece.  This is the same guy who, in Atlanta right after 9/11, sent out his agents to all the mosques to assure the Muslims that they weren't being targeted.

As for resort destinations, at least Mark Potter didn't get his going away party in Atlantic City back in 2010.  That's the time Fox News called ATF HQ and Main Justice asking why the Killadelphia Division was ignoring DOJ regulations regarding resort destinations prohibited as "all hands" conference locations.

#78 ProConfesso

ProConfesso

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Location10-20

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:20 AM

From Nov. 16 2015 Abeitelung post: "What actually did he say in his missive?

Is he saying ATF agents are first responders like police and fire?  Or community service officers or social workers?"

Attached File  Not a First Responder.pdf   383.18KB   18 downloads

#79 TRI03

TRI03
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:16 PM

Robin Shoemaker did not fail at anything.  The Columbus Field division has always been a train wreck and still is.  Not everyone likes ATF management but Shoemaker was given a raw deal.  New Jersey had no problem with Shoemaker.  HQ had no problems.  Detroit has no problems.  Retired Old Agent you have a personal agenda against Shoemaker.  There has been and still is management far WORSE than Robin Shoemaker.  Strong woman piss weak men off !!!!

#80 Retired Old Agent

Retired Old Agent

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:04 AM

One of the great things about ATF was the fact you weren't forced into management and moved.  This is also one of the worst things about ATF.  A large percentage of our management is made up of complete do nothings who couldn't cut it in the field.  Instead, they move into management and fail, so they get promoted, then fail again.  Robin Shoemaker is a great example.  She has failed in every position in her career, but then screams she is being discriminated because she is a lesbian.  She has been removed so many time, then promoted after failing.  It's a joke.  If everyone at ATF knew they had to move in their career, the good people would start stepping up because they knew they were going to get moved regardless.

In reality, Police Departments have the same issues. The great investigators want to stay investigators.  A lot of the chiefs just run their entire career touching the base so they can get the next promotion.  They never get good at anything.  

The same is true of ATF.  Many or most of our management have no clue how to work a case.  There really is a false impression of what the bosses do.  They don't direct cases.  Many just want nothing to happen so they get their next promotion.  

The number one priority of the SES cadre is to take care of the SES cadre.  We went from  2 SESs to over 50, but with less agents.  

#81 DONE

DONE

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:02 AM

I agree Vince. Too many Agents get to that D.C. Area and bounce back and forth looking to not Supervise Field Agents. They know, as we, that the real headaches are in the field, not HQ. Then you get the cry baby stories about not wanting to move the kids while in school. Then Don't Promote.

#82 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 582 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:19 PM

New slogan. Is that all Brandon has? This is embarrassing.

#83 x1811

x1811

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:25 AM

ATF does not need 200 more agents when, as previously stated in other posts, there are too many 1811's at the HQ level doing administrative work.  This is a problem in all federal law enforcement agencies.  Additionally, there are agents who bunker themselves in offices reading newspapers and checking their TSP accounts or working out at the gym that need to get back on the streets.  Again, this happens in all agencies.  I can find at least 200 agents who are under assigned, or have not produced a stat that need to get productive.  Get away from picking "low hang fruit" cases and adoptions, and the ATF will have additional resources it did not know it possessed who can do the job they were trained to do.

#84 Jaime3

Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:26 PM

So the fix to Gun Control is to hire more ATF personnel, not considering ATF has never put in a dollar figure how much taxpayer's dollars have been wasted on corruption within the Bureau? Please tell me I'm dreaming?

Now I get it. Bring on more personnel to help further the agenda of corruption, along with wasting even more taxpayer's money.

That's like fixing the front of a building, buying a lot of things to make it look nice, while there's a huge hole in the back.
Band aid for a bullet wound

#85 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 582 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:15 PM

This is what I posted on the ATFA facebook page. No big surprise its populated by many of the managers who are respnsible for ATFs current feckless state. Needless to say they support Brandon. Thats ALL I needed to hear. Brandon has failed on every front. He reversed himself on his own NEEDED changes due to political and Chief Counsel pressure. He has failed miserably. When the Attorney General recently held a press conference to advise Brandon would NOT be nominated, she said "Gaurdian". Suffice to say its obvious whos pulling his puppet strings. Crenshaw, Gleysteen, Martin, Gerido, Richardson, Torres etc etc etc. THIS is Brandons ATF. He had a chance to be a leader or a self promoting Bureaucrat. He chose the latter.

Here is my earlier post. The above post was reposted by me from Desertrat.

What about dumping all the 1811s in non enforcement positions back into the field. When I left less than 2 yrs ago there was OVER 25% of our agents in HQ or in the field NOT working cases. 2 ASACs in every field division where there was one. Point of fact, SFFD HAS 30 less agents than when we had 1 ASAC. Focused use of resources and mission focus instead or mass personal advancement will not only increase ATF productivity but save taxpayer dollars. In other words, less cherrywood furniture and more cases.

Desertrat..... Along the same lines as your above experience, I watched Steve Martin morph and totally innocuous run of the mill lying and buying case into an International Neutrality act case in which most if not all of the charges were dismissed amid sweeping allegations of gross Gov. misconduct. The related search warrant retrieved ONE gun and a black rhino horn. Martin convinced Dir. Sullivan to come out and hold a huge press conference. Martin got promoted to DAD. YOU CANT make this shit up.

#86 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 582 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:11 PM

Posted Yesterday, 04:48 PM

I remember one case which to this day which makes me laugh thinking about ATF number scams played by some RACs and Agents.  Having to be part of a cover team and listening to the wire was like listening to Saturday Night Live.   It started out as couple of SA's finding some down and out tweakers in a run down trailer park.  They let it be known that they had money and were looking to buy some meth.  The tweakers said sure we can help make that happen and began selling them very small quantities of overpriced meth which they cut the crap out. 

Needing to put some numbers on the table for case productivity, the two agents asked them if they knew anyone interested in selling guns.  When asked what kind of guns the Agents wanted, the response was "like sawed off shotguns or machine guns".  One tweaker said "I know a guy with a shotgun" and the second one said "I have a hack saw".  A few minutes later there was shotgun, hack saw and a custom cut down operation going on to make the shotgun short enough to be illegal (at the Agents directions).  Again, the Agents paid crazy high prices for a piece of crap cut up shotgun to encourage future greedy bad behavior.  

A few days later there was another meth buy and the Agents now turned the conversation to "do you know anyone who could sell us pipe bombs"?   The bewildered tweakers figured these idiots would pay well for anything.  Once they asked the Agents to explain what a pipe bomb was and how to make it, the tweakers said, sure....come back tomorrow.  The next day there was a buy made of a hodge podge of PVC and metal pipes filled with gun powder.  Again, the Agents paid crazy high prices and were told they can have as many as they wanted.  

When the "bombs" were cracked open with a water bolt, they contained mostly underwear, socks and miscellaneous laundry as space filler.  The idiots figured they could stretch their gun powder  budgets and maximize profit by using small amounts of power and more laundry.  

In the end, the RAC spun the case as a 924© drug conspiracy using Title II firearms and explosives (short shotgun and pipe bombs).  Big search warrant and press conference on the "bomb making ring" and even some BS about connections to drug cartels.  I even think there were a bunch of awards given!!  You just can't make this shit up!

So, the moral of the story and others like Fast and Furious, if you need some numbers to justify something, just go out and create your own criminals and crimes. Hold a press conference and convince everyone how you are making the community safer.

This is what I posted on the ATFA facebook page. No big surprise its populated by many of the managers who are respnsible for ATFs current feckless state. Needless to say they support Brandon. Thats ALL I needed to hear. Brandon has failed on every front. He reversed himself on his own NEEDED changes due to political and Chief Counsel pressure. He has failed miserably. When the Attorney General recently held a press conference to advise Brandon would NOT be nominated, she said "Gaurdian". Suffice to say its obvious whos pulling his puppet strings. Crenshaw, Gleysteen, Martin, Gerido, Richardson, Torres etc etc etc. THIS is Brandons ATF. He had a chance to be a leader or a self promoting Bureaucrat. He chose the latter.

Here is my earlier post. The above post was reposted by me from Desertrat.

What about dumping all the 1811s in non enforcement positions back into the field. When I left less than 2 yrs ago there was OVER 25% of our agents in HQ or in the field NOT working cases. 2 ASACs in every field division where there was one. Point of fact, SFFD HAS 30 less agents than when we had 1 ASAC. Focused use of resources and mission focus instead or mass personal advancement will not only increase ATF productivity but save taxpayer dollars. In other words, less cherrywood furniture and more cases.

#87 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 582 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:03 PM

Posted Yesterday, 04:48 PM

I remember one case which to this day which makes me laugh thinking about ATF number scams played by some RACs and Agents.  Having to be part of a cover team and listening to the wire was like listening to Saturday Night Live.   It started out as couple of SA's finding some down and out tweakers in a run down trailer park.  They let it be known that they had money and were looking to buy some meth.  The tweakers said sure we can help make that happen and began selling them very small quantities of overpriced meth which they cut the crap out. 

Needing to put some numbers on the table for case productivity, the two agents asked them if they knew anyone interested in selling guns.  When asked what kind of guns the Agents wanted, the response was "like sawed off shotguns or machine guns".  One tweaker said "I know a guy with a shotgun" and the second one said "I have a hack saw".  A few minutes later there was shotgun, hack saw and a custom cut down operation going on to make the shotgun short enough to be illegal (at the Agents directions).  Again, the Agents paid crazy high prices for a piece of crap cut up shotgun to encourage future greedy bad behavior.  

A few days later there was another meth buy and the Agents now turned the conversation to "do you know anyone who could sell us pipe bombs"?   The bewildered tweakers figured these idiots would pay well for anything.  Once they asked the Agents to explain what a pipe bomb was and how to make it, the tweakers said, sure....come back tomorrow.  The next day there was a buy made of a hodge podge of PVC and metal pipes filled with gun powder.  Again, the Agents paid crazy high prices and were told they can have as many as they wanted.  

When the "bombs" were cracked open with a water bolt, they contained mostly underwear, socks and miscellaneous laundry as space filler.  The idiots figured they could stretch their gun powder  budgets and maximize profit by using small amounts of power and more laundry.  

In the end, the RAC spun the case as a 924© drug conspiracy using Title II firearms and explosives (short shotgun and pipe bombs).  Big search warrant and press conference on the "bomb making ring" and even some BS about connections to drug cartels.  I even think there were a bunch of awards given!!  You just can't make this shit up!

So, the moral of the story and others like Fast and Furious, if you need some numbers to justify something, just go out and create your own criminals and crimes. Hold a press conference and convince everyone how you are making the community safer.

#88 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:09 AM

I asked him to resolve an issue for me, and all I got was an unsigned response from an "Assistant Director" which didn't even address the problem at hand.  And these people are supposed to be investigators?

#89 DONE

DONE

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 December 2015 - 08:02 AM

I used to think Tom Brandon would do Right by ATF. I was wrong. After he left the ATF National Academy, he forgot who he was. I don't even consider him a fellow Marine. Tom sold his soul to the devil.

#90 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 582 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:24 AM

http://www.kcra.com/...-fired/36542214

Good thing these Agents possessed the Warrior mentality.

#91 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 16 November 2015 - 03:20 PM

What actually did he say in his missive?

Is he saying ATF agents are first responders like police and fire?  Or community service officers or social workers?

#92 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 582 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 12 November 2015 - 11:56 AM

Warrior vs. Gaurdian

In recent communication from Bureau HQ, DD Brandon appears to redirect the mindset of our field Agents. Insisting that our mission statement for over 40 years has changed????????

Apparently Mr. Brandon has either forgotten where he came from, or is merely adopting the pacifist mentality of our current administration, (perhaps in hopes of garnering favor and being reconsidered for the Directorship). Either way, it is a dangerous message to impart to our Agents. First and foremost, we are not first responders and do not as a practice respond to calls for SERVICE.

Secondly, our mission has ALWAYS been to engage violent criminals, in their face and real time. Many of our agents have given the ultimate sacrifice in doing so. Search and arrest warrants are inherently dangerous and pose a day to day threat of violence. Undercover operations are some of the most dangerous tactics we engage in. WITHOUT a strong warrior mentality, our Agents have already lost in lethal encounters.

Does the DD suggest that our military cannot be compassionate warriors? That our Police nation wide must patrol our streets with a pacifist mentality?

I strongly suggest Mr. Brandon rethink his Bureacratic position and get back to being an Agent first and foremost, before his position gets new, young Agents hurt. REMEMBER Mr. Brandon, ALL Marines are basic riflemen. Well, ALL Law Enforcement stand between violence and peace.

#93 x1811

x1811

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:05 PM

ATF  Seattle Division ASAC Salinas Yunez in a press conference after the Oregon shooting said ATF found a "flank" jacket.  Really?

http://video.foxnews...1#sp=show-clips

#94 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 582 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:26 AM

Word is, Brandon was advised this week he AINT the guy. He will not be nominated as a permenant Director. Sometimes they get it right.

#95 Reno

Reno

FNG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:40 PM

I read the press release from Senator Grassley's office. These examples are exactly what my wife went through. Once she challenged her management on their behavior they were relentless. They didn't stop until they got her fired. One week after the beginning of her EEO investigation and one week before her probation ended. We finally recieved the report from the investigator. A huge thanks to the ATF employees that had the courage to tell the truth. I truly understand the possible consequences of having integrity in the ATF.

#96 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:20 AM

I just saw on TV what can't be unseen -- Matt Horace [or as they spelled it, Horrace] on the local Sunday news talk show, discussing security for Pope Francis' visit to the Philadelphia area.

Did anybody at the station actually look into his bonafides?  One of the last people I'm going to listen to about intelligence gathering, threat/risk assessment, crowd control, is someone who handled "community outreach" like he did.  Wink Wink.

#97 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:40 PM

I became disabled in 2012 when I received the 3rd line of duty injury to my spine [thanks to my boss who ordered me to participate in CAT training despite my previous injuries, and the punk agent conducting the CAT course who insisted I perform the techniques at 100% effort], I asked for the same reasonable accommodations as other agents.  I was kicked out of my office, had my creds, badge, firearm and GOV taken away, and given "busy work" until I went out for surgery.

ATF tried to convert me into an 1807-09 investigative analyst; as such, I was forced to retire under OPM disability annuity.  I filed as EEO within 45 days of my retirement.  The EEO investigator hired by ATF failed to interview my former SAC, the OCC lawyer who ordered the sanctions against me [despite the fact that she had a conflict of interest as ATF's assigned lawyer in a previous EEO complaint], the punk WonderBoy acting ASAC who interfered with my WC claim; the "investigator" never addressed my allegations in which I NAMED agents with debilitating injuries who were accommodated and kept on the job as agents.

I would hope that Senator Grassley would address my concerns, and the concerns of dozens of other ATF employees, with Acting Director Brandon.  However, I suspect Brandon is a place holder until 2017.  Maybe the next Administration will put grow ups in charge of this agency.

#98 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 582 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:58 PM

What say you Mr. Acting Director. I heard about this over 5 years ago. And you havent been able to deal with it?  Bush league. Thats what you get for letting Chief Counsels Office run a law enforcement agency. You should be ashamed but we all know YOU ARE NOT.

For Immediate Release

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

ATF Whistleblowers Allege Sexual Harassment, Discrimination, Intimidation by Managers

WASHINGTON – Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley is asking about the handling of multiple claims of sexual harassment, bullying, gender discrimination and witness intimidation by senior Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) managers dating back to 2012, including alleged attempts to prevent independent oversight by the Inspector General.  The allegations from eight whistleblowers include threats, unwanted sexual advances, graphic sexual comments and attempts to retaliate against employees who disclosed the inappropriate behavior.

One whistleblower reported that in the fall of 2012, a then-Special Operations Division Deputy Chief yelled at her in front of subordinates and used her battle with cancer as justification for transferring her job duties to male counterparts.  This may be a violation of the Rehabilitation Act, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability in federal employment.  She reported the behavior to his superior, the Special Operations Division Chief at the time, which was followed by increased retaliation, including threats to launch an internal personnel investigation against the whistleblower.

Other whistleblowers alleged that the same Special Operations Division deputy chief attempted to photograph several female employees despite their objections, and that he squeezed one woman’s thigh at a work related dinner event.  They also claim that he used derogatory and offensive language to refer to women in the workplace. One whistleblower alleged that she was placed on administrative leave after she was called as a witness to testify in an Internal Affairs investigation of harassment claims.

Many of the whistleblowers reported their claims to the Internal Affairs Division, which they say has been largely unhelpful. They allege that such disclosures are frequently suppressed for years, preventing further investigations by the Office of Inspector General. They also claim that ATF Acting Director Thomas Brandon and then-Director, B. Todd Jones were aware of the allegations of sexual harassment, yet the alleged harasser has since been promoted.

In a letter to Attorney General Loretta Lynch and Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz, Grassley is seeking information on the procedures for reporting and responding to claims of harassment, whether they were followed, and how harassers are disciplined.  Grassley also requested statistical information, broken down by gender, on agency responses to such allegations.

Text of Grassley’s letter follows:

September 14, 2015

VIA ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION

The Honorable Loretta E. Lynch                                       The Honorable Michael Horowitz

Attorney General                                                                Inspector General

United States Department of Justice                                  United States Department of Justice

Washington, D.C. 20530-0001                                          Washington, D.C. 20530-0001

Dear Attorney General Lynch and Inspector General Horowitz:

I write with concern regarding multiple allegations of sexual harassment, bullying, gender discrimination, and witness intimidation within the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF).  Reports of these practices have been widespread, with many originating from inside the Special Operations Division (SOD) and dating back to 2012.  Special Agent SherryAnn Quindley—a 25 year ATF veteran—along with 7 other whistleblowers indicate that they have experienced some form of the above harassment and sought help from the Internal Affairs Division (ATF IAD), largely to no avail.  According to these whistleblowers, it is not uncommon for allegations to be suppressed for several years, preventing the Office of the Inspector General (DOJ OIG) from properly determining whether to conduct further investigations.

Quindley and the other whistleblowers allege a wide variety of abuses, and expressed concern for dozens of other female agents who are too fearful of possible retaliation to come forward.[1]

Quindley’s Claims

Quindley says she began to experience harassment and bullying by then-SOD Deputy Chief Billy Wright in the fall of 2012.  According to Quindley, Chief Wright yelled at her in front of subordinates, threatened to “break her,” and eliminated her from Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force (OCDETF) Program meetings and emails to the OCDETF Regional Coordinators.  Chief Wright also threatened to put Quindley on a Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) when he claimed a hospital stay prevented her from submitting travel documentation.  Additionally, Chief Wright allegedly used Quindley’s battle with cancer as an excuse to marginalize her and to transfer her job duties to male counterparts.  This behavior appears to violate the Rehabilitation Act’s prohibition against discrimination based on a perception of a disability, and is highly inappropriate.[2]  

In February of 2013, Quindley reported the harassment to Chief Wright’s superior, then-SOD Chief Charlie Smith.[3]  Quindley also sought assistance from the Ombudsman’s Office, but she was informed that without additional complaints from other women, the office could not help her.  The representative further suggested that, if she was experiencing problems, she should find another job. 

In March of 2013, Quindley was called into a meeting with Chiefs Wright and Smith in which they threatened an internal investigation by the Office of Professional Responsibility and Security Operations (OPRSO).  After the meeting, they escorted her out of the building without any of her personal belongings. By April, Quindley had reported the conduct to the EEO, which she says only seemed to accelerate the harassment.  For example, Wright attempted to suspend Quindley for two days after hearing of her complaint—a suspension that was ultimately lifted when deemed inappropriate by new management.

Seven days after filing the EEO, Quindley was informed that ATF was reorganizing SOD and OCDETF which substantially reduced her duties and responsibilities. By August of 2014, almost a year later, EEO completed an investigation.  Quindley immediately requested the Final Agency Decision from DOJ’s Complaint Adjudication Office, which is still pending.  On January 21, 2015, Quindley wrote to Director Brandon who was allegedly aware of the abuses, and asked him to support an investigation of sexual harassment, discrimination, and retaliation related to her and many other women in ATF. Additionally, then-Director B. Todd Jones was allegedly aware of the sexual harassment during his tenure, and failed to properly investigate the claims.

In May of 2015, Quindley filed a complaint with the DOJ OIG, urging it to investigate the many harassment claims filed by female agents within ATF, including her own.  In the IG’s response, Deputy Assistant Inspector General Eric Johnson acknowledged that in July 2013, OIG received Ms. Quindley’s allegations from IAD, determined the “matter was more appropriate for investigation by IAD,” and referred the matter back to IAD immediately.  OIG claimed that as of June 2015, the investigation “remains ongoing,” and therefore will not take action at this time.

Additional Whistleblowers’ Claims

Beginning in August of 2013, IAD interviewed many other women with sexual harassment claims originating in SOD, but most cases never made it past a preliminary investigation.  These whistleblowers reported a variety of abuses to the Committee. For example, one whistleblower reported that Chief Wright made unwelcomed sexual advances at a work-related dinner, including squeezing her thigh under the table intimating that he would “take care of her marital issues.”  He also allegedly attempted to photograph her and several female agents with his cell phone, despite their protestations.  Another whistleblower reported that Chief Wright continually belittled her, spoke for her at meetings, used derogatory and offensive language to refer to women, and graphically described oral sex to her.  Yet another whistleblower reported that Chief Wright made graphic and offensive comments in her presence and undermined her in her job. 

Additionally, one whistleblower alleges witness intimidation.  She says she was called by IA to testify as a witness in Quindley’s harassment claim, and was placed on administrative leave in an effort to intimidate her from testifying.  She was reinstated by upper management shortly afterward.

It has also come to my attention that several agents informed their supervisors of the harassment, and filed EEO complaints.  They said that while their claims would often make it to the Chief Counsel’s Office, their complaints were often altered and never elevated to the OIG.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

According to an ATF Order (ATF O 2130.3), ATF has a zero tolerance policy for harassment in the workplace, and has procedures in place for reporting and responding to workplace harassment. But in the case of Quindley and the additional whistleblowers, it appears that these procedures may have not been followed, and the harassers may have not been reprimanded.  In fact, the alleged harassers have reportedly been promoted.

Accordingly, please answer the following questions no later than September 28, 2015, numbering your responses according to their corresponding questions:

1. Attorney General Lynch:
    1. Are Billy Wright and Charlie Smith still employed with ATF? If so, what are their current titles?
    2. If they are still employed with ATF, have they been promoted since FY 2012?
    3. How many harassment complaints have been filed against Billy Wright and Charlie Smith from FY 2011- FY 2015?
    4. Have any of the harassment complaints been investigated past a preliminary stage by IAD? Please provide the number of complaints investigated from FY 2012-2015 and the outcomes of the investigations.
    5. What procedures are in place for reporting and responding to workplace harassment per ATF O 2130.3? Please provide copies of the procedures.
    6. Are employees with complaints provided the option of filing with the OIG as an alternative to IAD?
    7. What is the Office of the Chief Counsel’s role in investigating harassment complaints?
    8. Have Billy Wright, Charlie Smith, or others informed of the harassment been disciplined? If so, how? Please provide all documentation detailing the discipline.
    9. What is the current status of Quindley’s case?
    10. What is the average punishment per violation of a male 1811 versus a female 1811? Please explain.
    11. What is the percentage of female 1811s versus male 1811s who are investigated pursuant to an anonymous allegation?
    12. How many times has the ATF punished a first line supervisor for failing to report sexual harassment? Please provide all relevant documentation.
    13. Name current SESs that have sustained sexual harassment findings and maintained their SES status? Please provide all relevant documentation.
    14. What is the average time it takes to resolve a sexual harassment or gender discrimination claim after a complaint is filed with EEO?
    15. How many times has a filing of an EEO claim resulted in an OPRSO formal investigation of the alleged perpetrator?
    16. How many times has a filing of an EEO claim resulted in an OPRSO formal investigation of the claimant?
    17. Please provide documentation punishment delivered to women 1811s versus male 1811s for the same offense during the same time frame.

1. Inspector General Horowitz:
    1. In March of 2015, DOJ OIG reported on the Handling of Sexual Harassment and Misconduct Allegations by the Department’s Law Enforcement Components. [4] Is it possible many of the sexual harassment claims originating from ATF and described above weren’t included in the report because they were never elevated past a preliminary investigation or not shared with the OIG for some other reason? Please explain.
    2. Please investigate all sexual harassment, bullying, witness intimidation, and gender discrimination allegations referenced above. 
    3. Please contact my staff to arrange an interview with SherryAnn Quindley.

Thank you for your attention to this important matter.  If you have any questions, please contact Katherine Nikas of my Committee staff at (202) 224-5225.  Thank you. 

#99 Jaime3

Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 09 September 2015 - 09:17 AM

Thanx.

http://federalsoup.c...s=FD_090915&m=1

Well said Jamie3. Way to go and keep on fighting Jay, so that their unethical practices be revealed.

#100 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 582 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

http://www.azcentral...ngels/71731264/

Uh OH. Looks like ATF and DOJ is about to get busted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users