James Miller's Content

There have been 5 items by James Miller (Search limited from 29-March 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#6989 Unsuitable for Employment.

Posted by James Miller on 17 November 2017 - 10:27 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Not too long ago I did apply on-line for a job w/ATF on USA Jobs only to have the process of applying for said job halted with a statement saying that I was not allowed to apply.  So, I fired off a FOIA request to OPM who, unlike ATF, sent me a pack of documents.  Basically what they included was every background investigation I completed over 18 years with of course ringing endorsements that I still should be employed there.  Yet today I am considered "unsuitable" for some reason but I am sure it's because my last supervisor there plain hated my guts and wanted me out of there.  Would love to get some justice on this as it just plain irks me that this gets brought up every time I apply for a new position but until I win the lottery I will just do what I do now and that is do a good job each and every day.  So far this year I've received several time off awards and that's pretty much the way it's been since I left the bureau of ATF.  The agency I currently work for believes I am more than suitable it would seem.

#6987 Grapevine

Posted by James Miller on 25 September 2017 - 10:38 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Well at least that RAC & AUSA were fired which was a day late and a dollar short IMHO.  It has reached the point with me at least that I just do not respect most folks in DOJ Law enforcement.  Recently at work I had a Federal LEO try and make me look bad in front of my supervisor about an issue and I just basically informed him that his badge was as meaningless too me as he was and that he could pound sand in that order.  My supervisor concurred with that assessment thankfully and he was sent on his way.

#6982 Grapevine

Posted by James Miller on 12 September 2017 - 12:38 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Have to laugh about this because I stopped crying a long time ago.  18 years of service with them and yet now when I apply for a job with them I'm told I am "unsuitable" for employment with this Bureau yet they allow this garbage to go on!  I suppose I am indeed unsuitable as I am not a crook or weasel.

#6976 ATF Elimination Act was reintroduced on Thursday

Posted by James Miller on 19 July 2017 - 04:17 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Right now I would dump ATF&E as there are way too much garbage going on within the agency.  There are quite a few offices especially out on Needy Road in Martinsburg that could go the way of the Dodo and no one would bat an eye.

#6975 my kinda town

Posted by James Miller on 19 July 2017 - 04:10 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

If the FBI folks running NICS failed to place him on the denial list then that is on them.  But if they did & the folks at DENI branch failed to act on it then that is on them.  But if the folks at DENI branch did forward it for investigation & the field failed to act upon it then it is on them.  Back in the day when I was a part of the system then my money would be on the DENI folks and the field somehow horse-assing it up somehow.  But I am sure there will be finger pointing enough to go around.