Broken ATF SA's Content

There have been 1 items by Broken ATF SA (Search limited from 10-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2520 Suggestions for the Acting Deputy Director

Posted by Broken ATF SA on 24 June 2011 - 02:39 PM in Archived Posts

All, After laying awake, so angry I couldn't sleep, I composed this letter. I just don't know how to get it out to the intended audiences. So, if you care to, please help. I wrote it for all of us... Who am I to do so? Just a working agent who is among the long and distinguished list of agents who've been convicted for charges completely and utterly made up by management because I speak the truth. I am proud to be a part of this group even as it saddens me to know what is happening to us all. Thank you for reading this. "Dear Sir: On behalf of all Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) Special Agents, please allow me to voice what we are all thinking and feeling at this point. I should like to address two specific audiences with this letter; the American People and the more than 50 Senior Executive Service (SES) employees who compose ATF's "senior management." First, to the American People, we would like you to know how saddened and disgusted we are with Operation Fast and Furious and the resultant death and destruction. As ATF special agents, we take great pride in our mission and believe in the oath we swore when we earned our badges. We try to earn them again every single day. While our agency is not widely known, outside of certain scandalous moments, we enjoy being the quiet professionals whose mission is among the easiest in federal law enforcement to explain: we are sworn to combat violent criminals who use firearms, arson and/or explosives as their tools to terrorize our citizens. Many of us willingly face danger, injury, and death as we strive to make our communities safer by putting together rock-solid criminal investigations of the most violent among us. We are far from perfect and make mistakes. We also know we enforce what can be controversial laws because they are tied directly into the debate over our rights as citizens in the Second Amendment to the Constitution. We are also members of the same communities we serve and know as well as any the effects of violence upon our friends and neighbors. We ask for your support and understanding that the failure being exposed to the light of day at this moment was not our doing. In fact, special agents showed great moral courage in coming forward to reveal the details of an operation that can only be called a disaster. Those agents now face retribution which is common within ATF for anyone who dares speak out. To our senior management, we say this: it is time for you to go. We don't care how you leave or where you go as long as you just go away quickly. You represent to us a group that has failed us and the American People repeatedly and we hold you in contempt. There is one enduring legacy of Waco, where your actions enabled the murder of four of our brothers; horrendous ATF management. Now, once again, your actions and reprehensible treatment of us has brought our proud agency to the brink of extinction, which is a travesty. The American People need us to go after those who terrorize our communities. There is no one better suited to do this than us. Yet, you, our "visionaries," can see only how to feather your own nests as you lie, cheat and steal your way to the top. We realize some of you are exceptions to this and we apologize for casting such a wide net, though we have yet to hear your voices. The reality is, then, you can ALL just go away thus allowing us to get back to our important work unencumbered by you and the anchors you've placed around our necks. Let us save our agency and try to design a system where good work is rewarded not punished and where we have a voice, something you've stripped from us. Please, just leave now. Sincerely, An ATF Special Agent Anytown USA"