California Citizen's Content

There have been 2 items by California Citizen (Search limited from 02-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#4491 Silent Observer's Combined Posts

Posted by California Citizen on 31 January 2012 - 08:06 PM in "Operation Fast & Furious", "Operation Wide Reciever", "Project Gunrunner", "Operation Castaway", et al.

and my guess some are possibly at risk for felony charges

I've been mystified since the beginning why no one is talking about ITAR -- International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Heck, in my business exporting certain software or computer chips without a license from State could land your @ss in Club Fed for a long time. Even selling to someone in one country that re-exports to another country can get you in trouble -- you are expected to vet your customers and be sure they are squeeky clean. Seems to me that causing the export of something that actually shoots would fall under ITAR also, therefore requiring a license from the State Department. What am I missing? Why isn't ITAR in play here?

#4095 The one thing that has been bothering me about the ATF.

Posted by California Citizen on 14 December 2011 - 09:25 PM in "Operation Fast & Furious", "Operation Wide Reciever", "Project Gunrunner", "Operation Castaway", et al.

I'm not ATF, just a citizen of California and a responsible gun owner. I've been following the F&F story closely for several months, with shocked fascination and sadness. Corruption anywhere in the Justice Department is unacceptable. I salute the courage of the whistle-blowers that brought these issues in the ATF to the surface. Your personal sacrifice on our behalf is true patriotism and we owe you a great debt. About the only thing I can do is make sure that when I go to the ballot box I vote for those who will hold Justice management responsible, and vote out those that are enabling the problem. Without the hard facts that you bring to bear on the problem, we voters would be in the dark.

I logged in mainly to say this... so I'll go back to lurking now. Know that I am reading CUATF every day, even if you don't hear form me.

Thank you for having the courage to say what needs to be said.

a California Citizen