3 replies to this topic

#1 retired1811

retired1811

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:06 PM

It is not about "dues". Paying dues is old thinking. Do people pay their dues because they moved, or sat in a seat for an appropriate length of time. Is that why somone advances in this agency? How about this for a concept, consistent performance, credibilty and professional reputation. I see an epidemic of low expectations, coupled with leaders unwilling or incapable of making a difficult decision. Please stop making the easy popular decision and make the right decision for a change, To answer your question directly. A first line supervisor better bring credibility to the office, better have put handcuffs on people at some point in your career. Veteran street agents see through the smoke and mirrors without blinking and their respect will have to be earned. I hope the selectee proves everyone wrong and shatters the low expectations.

I disagree with you that paying dues is old thinking. I agree with you that you do want competent leadership.

#2 Twin

Twin

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHeartland

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:43 AM

It is not about "dues". Paying dues is old thinking. Do people pay their dues because they moved, or sat in a seat for an appropriate length of time. Is that why somone advances in this agency? How about this for a concept, consistent performance, credibilty and professional reputation. I see an epidemic of low expectations, coupled with leaders unwilling or incapable of making a difficult decision. Please stop making the easy popular decision and make the right decision for a change, To answer your question directly. A first line supervisor better bring credibility to the office, better have put handcuffs on people at some point in your career. Veteran street agents see through the smoke and mirrors without blinking and their respect will have to be earned. I hope the selectee proves everyone wrong and shatters the low expectations.

#3 retired1811

retired1811

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:23 PM

what dues did the person you wanted selected pay and what dues did the person selected pay?

#4 Twin

Twin

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHeartland

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:01 PM

With so much happening on a national level it is easy to get distracted. The ongoing pattern of poor decisions continues. Morale in Boston just took another hit with a recent selection. The SAC has tried to distance himself from the decision and the troops are not buying it. So instead of selecting the most qualifiied candidate, leadership selects a person who wants to come "home". A pay grade is just that, a pay grade, certainly not a measure of ability or knowledge of the street. Hope the selectee has some understanding of the responsibilites that come with the position. It is not a 9 to 5 job like you have now, not even close. You will be the ATF point of contact for the city, keep the Blackberry on the nightstand, it will be ringing at all hours.So lets spend money we don't have on unneccesary moves rather than saving it for critical moves. Until this pattern of behavior is stopped, we will be broke and furloughing employees to make up the shortfall. Of course why would the Boston SAC care about any of this, since he will by all accounts be leaving Boston on a detail to headquarters. Wonder what a years per diem amounts to? Way to go, destroy morale and leave the aftermath to someone else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users