12 replies to this topic

#1 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:31 PM

The long term lodging can be maintained but NEVER perdiem. You cannot used your G ride to return home on the weekend outside the commuting area. You cannot use your G-ride to go to another state not duty related.

#2 Getagrip

Getagrip

FNG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationRestroom

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

Its time to name names. This agency is out of control with its hypocracy.

Names are going to be named here-soon. Just getting a few more facts.

Let's say you are TDY for an extended period and travel back to your home on various weekends and holidays (never mind how you got back home)to spend time with your family-do you get to keep the hotel room at your TDY location and the per diem even though you obviously are not there for the weekend or holidays?

#3 1desertrat

1desertrat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationEverywhere there is sand.

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:14 PM

This agency has been there for years....where have you been? The rules should apply to everyone and not just some of the people, some of the time...

You actually took the words right out of my mouth!!!

#4 1desertrat

1desertrat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationEverywhere there is sand.

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:12 PM

Richard Chase - Instead of shipping some boxes to Denver, CO, he personally drives them and gets into a car accident in a G-ride. No questions asked, no questions on poor judgment and ill spending of the tax payer's dollars... In the end, what happened?? NOTHING!

Well, how about a certain former Phoenix SAC and her GOV. After she departed Phoenix the next to get her GOV discovered that the vehicle was in a major accident and was repaired. Curious how there were no accident records in the file. More curious how nothing happended to her..

#5 Guest_Jumper_*

Guest_Jumper_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:51 PM

This guy turned his back to so much executive BS while the head of IA so this is no surprise. Probably got off the hook with a payback favor from one of his SES friends.

#6 Thor God of Thunder

Thor God of Thunder

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 15 May 2010 - 01:08 AM

Richard Chase - Instead of shipping some boxes to Denver, CO, he personally drives them and gets into a car accident in a G-ride. No questions asked, no questions on poor judgment and ill spending of the tax payer's dollars... In the end, what happened?? NOTHING!
Posted Image
For Clean Up ATF!

#7 Thor God of Thunder

Thor God of Thunder

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:57 AM

This is another example of how management can ignore what it wants to. Is this clown's boss looking at the monthly "home-to-work" vehicle report and noticing all the mileage being racked up? I work with a guy who had his HTW report scrutinized, and when the bosses figured out that he was living outside the "approved" counties of residence, they gigged him and had him move.
I'm not defending that agent. But if he was wrong in driving his GOV "too far" as part of his daily commute -- for whatever reason that is wrong -- then isn't this jerk on detail also wrong? Isn't this theft? He's putting excessive wear and tear on the vehicle. He's probably paying for every gallon of gas with the government credit card. We don't even need to discuss who's also riding in the G-ride.

And if he was given permission, then please tell the rest of us how we too can enjoy these same privileges. Or has this agency sunk to "do as I say, not as I do?"

This agency has been there for years....where have you been? The rules should apply to everyone and not just some of the people, some of the time...
Posted Image
For Clean Up ATF!

#8 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:31 PM

This is another example of how management can ignore what it wants to. Is this clown's boss looking at the monthly "home-to-work" vehicle report and noticing all the mileage being racked up? I work with a guy who had his HTW report scrutinized, and when the bosses figured out that he was living outside the "approved" counties of residence, they gigged him and had him move.
I'm not defending that agent. But if he was wrong in driving his GOV "too far" as part of his daily commute -- for whatever reason that is wrong -- then isn't this jerk on detail also wrong? Isn't this theft? He's putting excessive wear and tear on the vehicle. He's probably paying for every gallon of gas with the government credit card. We don't even need to discuss who's also riding in the G-ride.

And if he was given permission, then please tell the rest of us how we too can enjoy these same privileges. Or has this agency sunk to "do as I say, not as I do?"

#9 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:51 PM

Its time to name names. This agency is out of control with its hypocracy.

#10 20 year IOI

20 year IOI
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:15 PM

# 3 could possibly be ok if it was cost effective for the government. This could happen in a case where the G-ride costs are less than the per diem costs for the weekend. Someone in a travel or detail status can use a G-car for "personal comfort" uses (i.e. - meals, movies, etc). But I think this is limited to the commuting area where they are detailed. # 4 seems out of line. # 5 poses a big problem for the Agency because of liability issues. I always understood the rule to be no one in a G-car who was not part of the job.

#11 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:03 AM

Unequivacally No. He/she cannot use the Vehicle for personal trips and at NO time barring a medical emergency can his wife accompany him. It should be immediately reported to OPSRO and the OIG. Depending on whether or not its a boss may determine whether they will enforce it or not. We all know about the Cadillac SAC and The SAC Horace stolen. Veh incident. But you still have to report it.

#12 ISpy

ISpy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:42 PM

I can't see anyway that #5 would fly, much less the other ones. Agent should have reported in his personal vehicle if he is going to be there for such an extended period that he would have to drive more than hotel to work and general running around on the weekend. Hundreds of miles is way out of line. But then again, we've all heard about the select ones that roadtripped to Mexico in a new G-ride from LA. <_<

#13 Getagrip

Getagrip

FNG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationRestroom

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:20 PM

Greetings-Longtime viewer, longtime abusee, first time poster. Please help me understand some things about G cars. I know what the Government rules & regs say (for everyone), but I also know what ATF management applies to their own vs. regular Joe grunt worker isn't the same. I have known those that have gotten in trouble (even terminated) for "misuse" of a G-car, and I have know managers that did the same or even worse and got nothing. So here is an example: 1. A person is assigned an ATF-owned ride while is he is on 1 year detail at another ATF field office. 2. The person uses the vehicle to commute back and forth between his hotel and temp ATF field office. These first two, I can understand, but what about the following: 3. The person uses the vehicle to take regular weekend trips back to his real home in another state(700 miles roundtrip)and then back to the detail location. 4. The person uses the vehicle to take holiday trips to see relatives in another different state (at least 850 miles roundtrip). 5. The person takes his wife along in the vehicle on such trips as well as others. Is this allowable? Can ATF management make exceptions for an employee of their choosing to allow this? I think I know the answer, but wanted others to comment. This could help those of you out there that have ever or are being accused of "misusing" a G-ride. Thanks, NTIA (Not taking it anymore)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users