14 replies to this topic

#1 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:14 PM

If you hit use the "ADD REPLY" function, your messages will not be merged. Reluctant taxpayer, this sight is not about who likes who or who doesn't. The overwhelming vast majority of posts are substantive and designed to regain credibility and accountability within our Bureau. It is not whining and not just people spouting their opinions. These are facts supported by documents and sworn law enforcement Agents.You contributed nothing of substance and were merely name calling. There are plenty of other websites to do that on. Thank you

#2 JustAJoe

JustAJoe
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:25 AM

Look just because I see things differently than you does not make me juvenile or trivializing of your site. You make this public, you get it highlighted on CNN, then you want only people who applaud you to post. Dispite my misgivings about Mr Cefalu at least he is not afraid to use his own name. He obviously does not run or hide from criticism. Your refusal to let your audience even hear a contrary view undercuts even further the credibility of this site. I am as informed as others from the public who have posted here, I just have a different take so instead of a "thank you" I get censored. You should have a new rule that contrary views are not tolerated. Even if you think I am an idiot (which you clearly do) what's so dangerous about someone suggesting you guys don't sound any better than your bosses. Was I a bit harsh? Sure, but harsh words towards people you don't like seem to be tolerated just fine. Show some courage and let others see my original post.

I saw your oringinal post. you have to take some sort of valid stance in order to be refuted or challenged. All I saw was baseless trolling type comments not atypical to any online forum. You are not unique, you are not some beautiful snow flake.

#3 JustAJoe

JustAJoe
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 July 2010 - 06:57 AM

JUSTAJOE, I don't think anybody ever took the time to say "Thank you". So, Thank You. This sight is not reserved for or the sole property of Agents. There are inspectors, Clerical staff, FFLs and just average citizens who have a vested interest in seeing transparency and integrity restoed to ATF.

Doc, in actuality, people like me should be thanking people lke you. Like what Cefalu says: "I've stood up to bullies all my life." Anyone who has ever worked in a hostile, petty and demeaning work environment will know where I am coming from. Just because it is a premier federal agency does not make a difference.

Anytime someone makes a stand against this sort of double standard, they are standing up for me too.

#4 Reluctant taxpayer

Reluctant taxpayer
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:34 AM

No taxpayer, you were deleted for being juvenile and trivializing the purpose of this site. I noticed you omitted the part where DD Melson openly acknowledged he did not have all the facts and is making significant policy changes that will positively affect the Bureau and those we serve. Do you think he did that because no problems were highlighted on this website and on CNN? Seriously? You saw a few edited minutes. So get informed and come back.

Look just because I see things differently than you does not make me juvenile or trivializing of your site. You make this public, you get it highlighted on CNN, then you want only people who applaud you to post. Dispite my misgivings about Mr Cefalu at least he is not afraid to use his own name. He obviously does not run or hide from criticism. Your refusal to let your audience even hear a contrary view undercuts even further the credibility of this site. I am as informed as others from the public who have posted here, I just have a different take so instead of a "thank you" I get censored. You should have a new rule that contrary views are not tolerated. Even if you think I am an idiot (which you clearly do) what's so dangerous about someone suggesting you guys don't sound any better than your bosses. Was I a bit harsh? Sure, but harsh words towards people you don't like seem to be tolerated just fine. Show some courage and let others see my original post.

#5 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:53 PM

No taxpayer, you were deleted for being juvenile and trivializing the purpose of this site. I noticed you omitted the part where DD Melson openly acknowledged he did not have all the facts and is making significant policy changes that will positively affect the Bureau and those we serve. Do you think he did that because no problems were highlighted on this website and on CNN? Seriously? You saw a few edited minutes. So get informed and come back.

#6 Reluctant taxpayer

Reluctant taxpayer
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:14 PM

JUSTAJOE, I don't think anybody ever took the time to say "Thank you". So, Thank You. This sight is not reserved for or the sole property of Agents. There are inspectors, Clerical staff, FFLs and just average citizens who have a vested interest in seeing transparency and integrity restoed to ATF.

I am just a joe too, but my comments were deleted. Just remember censorship is cowardly no matter who does it. So what gives? Only people who agree with you can post?

#7 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:09 PM

#8 JustAJoe

JustAJoe
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 June 2010 - 03:28 PM

I'm not affiliated in anyway with any agency; just an average citizen who has no felonies and pays his taxes. I'm probably not ideologically in line with most who post here, but I do want to say kudos for the struggle you've all undertaken. I watched with great interest, Mr. Melson's part of the documentary and noticed the one and only time he showed any spark of emotion was when this site was mentioned. I for one do not believe him when he says he "looks at it about every two weeks". I think he is obsessed with this site and would shut it down in a heartbeat if he could. His complaint that "it disparages individuals" begs the following question: Where does Mr. Melson think the "disparaging" information comes from? Obviously other field agents who presumably would use another venue to express their concerns if Mr. Melson would provide it. It would seem Mr. Melson is personally offended by this site, which is exactly what one could expect from an "apple polisher" with apprently no real connection to the rank and file. So for whatever it is worth, you people should know I've forwarded the link to this site to my own representatives who I keep in contact with fairly regularly. I'm not trying to put myself out as more than I am, I'm only saying that what you guys are doing was certainly worth my own time. Keep after it and best wishes.

#9 ProConfesso

ProConfesso

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Location10-20

Posted 21 June 2010 - 11:30 AM

http://www.nydailyne...f_the_stre.html

#10 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:46 AM

When it happens to US its management perogative,when it happens to Edgar its retaliation, according to Edgar. Wrong two dogs. And not one person was impressed or is buying your answer "Ive never been found to do any wrong". You left out the part that whenever you were close to getting caught for your abuses, you just wrote a taxpayer check and settled, lest we forget Dobyns,Bedigian,Tokos, Jessen, and Kelly just to name a few. By your self-serving defense, if we have agent applicants who have been arrested dozens of times,BUT NEVER CONVICTED, we should hire them.You responded to a 90+ page grievance by Dobyns (which the agency later had to settle) with a two short paragraph response denying any wrong doing.Seriously Edgar? And you wonder why you were demoted 3 levels. Its called management perogative.

The following are links to ALL parts of CNN's story: ATF UNDER FIRE

Part one: http://ac360.blogs.c...?iref=allsearch
Part Two: http://ac360.blogs.c...?iref=allsearch
Deputy Directors comments re: CUATF: http://www.cnn.com/v...?iref=allsearch

You can go to CNN.COM and search ATF and get the trailers and follow-up comments. You decide

#11 Guest_Jumper_*

Guest_Jumper_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:49 AM

Did anyone else catch the typical and predictable "not my fault" comments made by our executive politicians during the CNN piece? MELSON: "There has been no retaliation on my watch. What happened at ATF was before I was here" WRONG! DOMENECH: "I have never been found guilty of retaliation" Maybe not in court or behind a whitewashed ATF IA investigation but did you really want to say that? The evidence speaks for itself. You are guilty Edgar of abusing the workforce. For you to take absolutely no ownership of any of the reprisals (your words - "managements perogatives") is a direct reflection of your lack of character.

#12 BeenThereDoneThat

BeenThereDoneThat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:42 AM

CNN is re-airing the ATF series at 10:30 EST Today, Tuesday, June 1, 2010

#13 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 31 May 2010 - 06:35 AM

Looks like ATF hasn't changed much since Pocket Books published my book, "Very Special Agents" back in 1997, or when the Univ of Illinois republished it in 2001. Did management from those days bequeath the Bureau to their favored heirs?

From my perspective, management certainly has! The RAC against whom I filed 7 complaints has several first cousins on the job and their grandfather was a notorious ass kisser back in the Prohibition days. "Legacies" are not limited to Ivy League schools, for sure!

#14 OldGuy

OldGuy
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 May 2010 - 11:13 PM

Looks like ATF hasn't changed much since Pocket Books published my book, "Very Special Agents" back in 1997, or when the Univ of Illinois republished it in 2001. Did management from those days bequeath the Bureau to their favored heirs?

#15 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 30 May 2010 - 09:19 AM

The following are links to ALL parts of CNN's story: ATF UNDER FIRE Part one: http://ac360.blogs.c...?iref=allsearch Part Two: http://ac360.blogs.c...?iref=allsearch Deputy Directors comments re: CUATF: http://www.cnn.com/v...?iref=allsearch You can go to CNN.COM and search ATF and get the trailers and follow-up comments. You decide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users