11 replies to this topic

#1 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:32 AM

Concerned Sup, It is true that there is a long way to go in repairing what has been broken. It is also true that the field is watching to see if Mr. Melson is going to hold any of those around him accountable. Stopping the abuses is a start. Doing the right thing is going to take some time. Going back and making the people who have suffered is the next step. We will see.

#2 Concernedsup

Concernedsup

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:36 AM

ConcernedSup- Just remember WE are the BUREAU. They can only divide us and create a dysfunctional family if WE LET THEM. There are still those of us who believe we are making a difference and are being heard. At least Mr. Melson is no longer denying the issues.

Doc I agree my point was just make sure you don't follow so loyally that you miss the big picture. They messed it up but really it's up to us to help fix by holding their feet to the fire to do the right thing.

#3 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 02 July 2010 - 11:40 AM

ConcernedSup- Just remember WE are the BUREAU. They can only divide us and create a dysfunctional family if WE LET THEM. There are still those of us who believe we are making a difference and are being heard. At least Mr. Melson is no longer denying the issues.

#4 Concernedsup

Concernedsup

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:14 AM

To quote a passage in one of the chapters in Hannibal, and also what an old retired SAC told me once, "You may fall in love with the Bureau but the Bureau will never fall in love with you"

#5 1desertrat

1desertrat

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationEverywhere there is sand.

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:20 PM

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE WRITTEN TO THIS WEBSITE. I HAVE BEEN A LONG TIME READER. FOR SOME REASON THAT I CAN NOT EXPLAIN I JUST FEEL COMPELLED TO MAKE A STATEMENT HERE.

I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ATF. I HAVE NEVER FILED A COMPLAINT. I AM COMFORTABLE AT WORK AND I HAVE A GOOD BOSS WHO ENCOURAGES MY GROUP TO WORK. MY JOB IS ACTUALLY COOLER THAN I EVEN THOUGHT IT WOULD BE WHEN I APPLIED. I DON'T PERSONALLY KNOW THE HEADQUARTERS MANAGERS. I DON'T PERSONALLY KNOW THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN HURT BY THE SYSTEM. I GUESS I WOULD CONSIDER MYSELF AS AN AGENT WHO COMES TO WORK AND DOES MY BEST AND PRETTY MUCH LEAVES WORK OK WITH WHAT I DID THAT DAY.

WHAT SCARES THE HECK OUT OF ME IS WHEN I HEAR STORIES OF AGENTS WHO OTHER AGENTS LIKE AND ARE SUPPOSE TO BE GOOD WORKERS GETTING DONE WRONG. IT SCARES ME BECAUSE IT COULD BE ME NEXT. WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN MY BOSS LEAVES AND MY OFFICE GETS ONE OF THESE PEOPLE WHO ARE OUT TO MAKE WORK LIFE HARD.

I GUESS THATS IT. I GOT TOLD THE STORY TODAY OF THE AGENT WHO GOT ALL THE DEATH NOTICES AND SOME PEOPLE DECIDED THAT THEY DIDN'T WANT TO INVESTIGATE IT AND THEN HE GOT HIS HOUSE BURNED DOWN. THAT BOTHERED ME QUITE ALOT. I TOLD MY FIANCE THE STORY AND SHE STARTED CRYING AND WANTS ME TO QUIT BECAUSE SHE THINKS THAT IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS TO ME NO ONE IS REALLY GOING TO TRY TO HELP US. I REALLY LIKE MY JOB AND THE AGENTS IN MY OFFICE SO SHE UNDERSTANDS BUT I GUESS IT JUST MADE ME THINK.

I GUESS THATS IT. I HOPE THAT ATF WILL KEEP BEING ATF IN A GOOD WAY.

Your fiance is correct. The "ATF family" is a lot of crap they feed the new agents at NAT. Never forget you are disposable and the only ones who will ever miss you if something bad happens is your family. Remember that is just a job that pays the bills--not some holly crusade. Do your job, but when you start thinking about pushing the limit (and you will) because of some greater good, stop and think. You can see from this forum that ATF management will hang you out in the blink of any eye! We were all young and fired up thinking we made a difference.....once upon a time.

#6 Guest_onesparkz_*

Guest_onesparkz_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:25 PM

Onesparkz-Remind your fiance' that you work for and with the most unique, motivated, dedicated and innovative Special Agents in the world. Our expertise and dedication is unparralled. Nothing will ever happen to you that you wont have an entire agency behind you. Thats what makes us different. Times have gotten out of control. These things happen and unfortunately require us to get distracted from the business at hand. Jay Dobyns is my dear friend and we have worked side by side for many years. Yes those things happened. Yes they were unfortunate. Yes they and other issues have to be resolved. At the end of the day, ATF will survive, it always does. Your boss and hundreds like him/her are why we do what we do. These issues are our issues and hopefully will never become your issues. Semper Fidelis. Go catch bad guys

I AGREE WITH YOU AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I TOLD HER. ALOT OF PEOPLE LOOK AT THIS PAGE AS NEGATIVE BUT I LOOK AT IT AS GOOD BECAUSE I THINK THINGS ARE BEING MADE MUCH BETTER. I HOPE YOU HAVE GOOD LUCK.

#7 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:32 AM

We are hearing alot about resolution of disputes which have languished across the country. Mr. Melson himself said in a recent webcast that some disputes have been resolved in favor of the employee. Cleaning up the old bad business is integral to changing the mindset of the managers. So is accountability of those who abused their authority. I agree with Agent Cefalu, Call them out if they (corrupted managers)try to ignore Mr. Melsons mandate. But also remember Rome wasnt built in a day. It appears Mr. Melson IS listening.

#8 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 29 June 2010 - 10:12 PM

Onesparkz-Remind your fiance' that you work for and with the most unique, motivated, dedicated and innovative Special Agents in the world. Our expertise and dedication is unparralled. Nothing will ever happen to you that you wont have an entire agency behind you. Thats what makes us different. Times have gotten out of control. These things happen and unfortunately require us to get distracted from the business at hand. Jay Dobyns is my dear friend and we have worked side by side for many years. Yes those things happened. Yes they were unfortunate. Yes they and other issues have to be resolved. At the end of the day, ATF will survive, it always does. Your boss and hundreds like him/her are why we do what we do. These issues are our issues and hopefully will never become your issues. Semper Fidelis. Go catch bad guys
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

#9 Guest_onesparkz_*

Guest_onesparkz_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:07 PM

PS --- I AM NOT COMPLAINING I JUST THOUGHT THAT WRITING TO THIS SITE MIGHT HELP OR MAKE ME FEEL LIKE THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT HERE WHO ARE NEW AND DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT HOPE EVERYTHING GETS WORKED OUT FOR THE AGENTS AND FOR ATF.

#10 Guest_onesparkz_*

Guest_onesparkz_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2010 - 09:04 PM

THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE WRITTEN TO THIS WEBSITE. I HAVE BEEN A LONG TIME READER. FOR SOME REASON THAT I CAN NOT EXPLAIN I JUST FEEL COMPELLED TO MAKE A STATEMENT HERE. I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ATF. I HAVE NEVER FILED A COMPLAINT. I AM COMFORTABLE AT WORK AND I HAVE A GOOD BOSS WHO ENCOURAGES MY GROUP TO WORK. MY JOB IS ACTUALLY COOLER THAN I EVEN THOUGHT IT WOULD BE WHEN I APPLIED. I DON'T PERSONALLY KNOW THE HEADQUARTERS MANAGERS. I DON'T PERSONALLY KNOW THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN HURT BY THE SYSTEM. I GUESS I WOULD CONSIDER MYSELF AS AN AGENT WHO COMES TO WORK AND DOES MY BEST AND PRETTY MUCH LEAVES WORK OK WITH WHAT I DID THAT DAY. WHAT SCARES THE HECK OUT OF ME IS WHEN I HEAR STORIES OF AGENTS WHO OTHER AGENTS LIKE AND ARE SUPPOSE TO BE GOOD WORKERS GETTING DONE WRONG. IT SCARES ME BECAUSE IT COULD BE ME NEXT. WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN MY BOSS LEAVES AND MY OFFICE GETS ONE OF THESE PEOPLE WHO ARE OUT TO MAKE WORK LIFE HARD. I GUESS THATS IT. I GOT TOLD THE STORY TODAY OF THE AGENT WHO GOT ALL THE DEATH NOTICES AND SOME PEOPLE DECIDED THAT THEY DIDN'T WANT TO INVESTIGATE IT AND THEN HE GOT HIS HOUSE BURNED DOWN. THAT BOTHERED ME QUITE ALOT. I TOLD MY FIANCE THE STORY AND SHE STARTED CRYING AND WANTS ME TO QUIT BECAUSE SHE THINKS THAT IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS TO ME NO ONE IS REALLY GOING TO TRY TO HELP US. I REALLY LIKE MY JOB AND THE AGENTS IN MY OFFICE SO SHE UNDERSTANDS BUT I GUESS IT JUST MADE ME THINK. I GUESS THATS IT. I HOPE THAT ATF WILL KEEP BEING ATF IN A GOOD WAY.

#11 Guest_Cornelius_*

Guest_Cornelius_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2010 - 08:39 PM

CleanUpATF is a demonstration of the power of the truth. Freedom of speech! Freedom of assembly (on-line)! The power of people coming together to take a stand against bullies.

ATF executives are being held accountable by the masses they serve. ATF executives serve the field! The field does not serve them.

The system as we have come to know it has allowed many at the executive level to become power corrupt. Executives take notice. ATF IS NOT your personal playground!

#12 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:26 PM

To ALL ATF employees who have supported change in the Bureau and contributed to CUATF and supported it even behind the scenes, Thank You. Change IS happening. There are many and multiple accounts around the country that suggest Mr. Melson is a man of his word and suggest the matters discussed on CUATF and in person with Mr. Melson are receiving review. In some cases resolution IS occuring or at least fair oversight. Personnel changes in the near future will clearly show that there is a "New Coach, New Approach". What is broken has been broken badly over a fairly extended peiod and wont be fixed overnight. HOWEVER, this will take a protracted effort and a commitment from HQ and any new Director to build things back and close the gap and repair the us and them mentality. When they get it wrong, CALL THEM OUT. When they get it right, BACK THEIR PLAY and FORGIVE AND FORGET.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users