#1 Patriot

Patriot

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationNortheast

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:58 AM

If we were a union shop, the rank and file would have put forth a "no confidence" vote by now. Well we are not a union shop, but I interpret the OPM survey as the same message. How is it that Mr Melson is not outraged and embarrased at the results of the survey. Where is the rememdy? His comments are disturbing. When senior leadership finally comes to the realization that business as usual must change, then and only then will we come out of crisis. Those of you who have been around may remember that several years ago ATF contracted with Gallup to survey employees about management. The plan was to repaet the survey a year later and that was never done. Why? Could it have been that managers did not like the results of the first survey and did not want to see the same results again? No one likes to have their flaws pointed out to them, but if you are unwilling to learn and make changes to improve, then you are in the wrong position. It may be time for some managers to self reflect on their leadership capabilities and consider a career path change.

#2 adelgadoiis

adelgadoiis

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

I took Mr. Melson at his word when he said that people should use their real names and come forward with their grievences. I have used my real name on this web site since it's start. I have been open, honest, and professional. On 29 Jun 10 I went to a mediation with ATF. We talked for about 8 hours and they said we might have a deal but we must get the blessing from HQ. The ATF legal crew waited over 30 days to ask the powers that be if we have a deal. The powers that be allegedly said no deal- we will go to a hearing. ATF sent Chris Pellettiere to take part in my mediation. Pellettiere was one of the ASACs in the Miami Field Division (MFD)while I was experiencing retaliation. I have alleged that I was retaliated against by Pellettiere for reporting my supervisor and another group supervisor. I then sent a professional e-mail to SAC Julie Torres to help me with these issues and I did not get a response from her. I did get a Letter of Caution from Pellettiere for "your insubordinate and disrespectful conduct on September 2, 2005." Why doesn't ATF produce my controversial e-mail to SAC Torres for Mr. Melson to see? What in my memo was insubordinate or disrespectful? Why would ATF send one of the people that I have alleged to have retaliated against me to a mediation where he is basically defending his own actions, with ATF HQ, that contributed to what I have alleged was a failure of leadership? ATF wants me to stop writing on this web site yet they did not keep their word in providing me a professional environment to work. ATF has had three opportunities to make things right in mediation since 2006 and each time they shut the door on my face. This is also happening while a Chicago Police Officer was shot this morning. He is going to be ok but three other Chicago officers have died since May. I would think that ATF would do more to help the police and citizens of Chicago instead of prevent a hard working former Chicago Police Officer and ex ATF Agent from using his knowledge and experience to fight crime in the City of Chicago. I could have put a lot of bad guys in prison in Chicago over the last 4.5 years that I have been excluded from ATF. If ATF allows its supervisory employees to lie against their own employees or former employees, what is going on with the real criminals on the street?

#3 Guest_microscope_*

Guest_microscope_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:15 AM

Let’s take a look at the ridiculous posting that Melson offered as his excuse to the OPM worker satisfaction survey.

First, there was only one correct response. “Ladies and Gentlemen of ATF, the decline and fall in worker satisfaction is completely unacceptable to me and my staff and as your Director I take responsibility.” End of story.

Your remarks had to be prepared by Larry Ford and Scott Thomason. Enough said on that. We all know what we get out of those two clowns.

Next. Of course 90% of employees agree that the work we do is important. That is why we chose to work here and continue to work here in spite the failed leadership of you and your staff. ATF management gets absolutely no credit for this.

“…there was a decrease in employee’s confidence in senior leadership.”
“The first step is to analyze the responses…”
“In order to get an objective analysis of how to increase employee confidence in senior leadership we will be contracting with the Partnership for Public Service…”

Melson, you’re kidding right? Contract out to analyze responses? Are you just trying to buy more time? We spoke, you heard, and now you want some bean counters to tell you what to do. You have ignored the words and messages from your field employees. You have ignored the evidence we have provided you. You have ignored our pleas for your help and now you’re going to hire some firm to advise you? The extreme failure in this answer needs no further comment.

But, this is the kicker. “Billy Hoover and I met with all the Assistant Directors and the survey results were discussed at length.” I bet you did. The major issue here is that you are discussing the problem with the problem. We know the egos involved can't admit that but we all see it clear as day. Have you not yet been able to figure out on your own that you are surrounded by self-serving, malicious, incompetence? Apparently not since you continue to turn to them in times of trouble.

Come on. Figure it out already.

The only surprise here is that you did not gather the names of everyone who was not supportive of your regime and turn it over to Eleaner Loos so she could use her lawyer powers to crush all of us, and truth be told, you probably did.

I know you won’t say it but at least admit it to yourself. You have ignored all the advice you have been provided by your workers and are turning back to your leadership deprived crew for more bad advice. The answers to our problems are not that difficult and you know it.

Melson, your response was a catastrophic failure and sadly was expected by the field.

PS: Your dispatching Mark Chait to visit our gunshot wounded agent was the second most un-brilliant idea you had last week. If Chait is true to form we’re all quite sure that he un-inspired Don and probably depressed the s**t out of him.

You just don’t get it and apparently aren’t interested in even trying to.

#4 Getagrip

Getagrip

FNG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationRestroom

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:33 PM

It's time for all of us to make moves. Melson has had time to make some changes and has not. Before you know it, he will be gone and then it will Traver or someone else who will ask for time. All the while the same old stuff is happening. Managers are using G-Rides like their own. Discrimination is rampant. Pre-selection is happening on every job announcement. You dare to speak up and fight it and they continue to rage against you. I know of too many people that took Melson at his word and went to him with clear cut evidence. What happened-nothing. I know I'm not saying anything any different than what has been said here before. But if we don't start proactively doing something, we are just like Melson-all words. We need a coordinated plan. We all have legitimate issues and evidence, but there is strength in numbers. Unless there is one person who can post here and say Melson has fixed something specific that they have had issues over-then it's time. Time for every Senator & Congressman to be written or emailed everyday-it's election time and many will try very hard for votes. It's time for even more public exposure-CNN, Washington Post, etc. Possibly a class-action suit by all of us. Melson has even stopped his "webcasts". The trick worked-we were shut up. I don't know Melson, he may be a good man. But what I do know is that he is surrounded by self-serving, lying bureaucrats they will do any and all to keep thier standard of ATF going. I don't want to wait a few months and then hear Melson say-I was wrong, I relied on those around me. While true, it doesn't do anything for us, but allow time to pass while we suffer. This is America and things like this are not legal and shouldn't be allowed. We must stand up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users