Photo

Mummies, is our name going to change to ATFEM?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_madea_*

Guest_madea_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2010 - 02:20 PM

Yes all of this is important because ATF management loves to abuse their authority. To the SES managers, the agents are just expendable. Patience. A quiet attack is being made on a senior level manager and I predict that there will be a settlement for the individual who has launched it very effectively. Any of you remember the book "The Mouse That Roared" - well a "mouse" is behind the attack. Patience.

#2 Thor God of Thunder

Thor God of Thunder

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:49 PM

The "M" in ATFEM may be marijuana the ways things are going in California. :lol: :lol: ;) ;)
Posted Image
For Clean Up ATF!

#3 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:41 PM

Let's stay focused. They shouldn't have flaunted 3 agents drawing picutres but in the scheme of things, when does our management get called out by Congress or Main Justice for squandering time and resources at EVERY TURN.

#4 Hiram A

Hiram A

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:48 PM

Hiram, you missed the point. This is a serious issue. Maybe not top of the list but when agents are begging f0r help, support and equipment and our leadership can dedicate time and resources to a "publicity stunt" and then post it as a top story to our intraweb it is an "in your face" insult to every agent at ATF who is trying. You have complained of ATF mismangement and this is another example of why you and many others are in the situation they are in. If they put as much effort into your complaint and issues as they have into the mummy then your business would be settled. This is an example of the top to bottom ineptness of management.

I agree with you this is a serious issue and it should be at the top of any manager or supervisor's list.

The point that I was trying to make was that it should not be compared to the recent news on the intraweb. The hard working people in that directorate have their job to do and have a budget to do it with. In my view we are comparing apples and oranges.

We should be critical of the lack of help, support and equipment but not the mummy news. The mummy news? Come on, I think that we can do better than that. I don't think that we should be critical of the Bureau's every move.

The cover-ups, clear violations of laws, regulations and directives should be exposed at every turn. This is what I support. Where does it say that they can't show case that software and reconstruct a mummy?

As to the reason that I find myself in the position that I do, like many others that are in the same position (as I have found out thru this site), we are not going to put up with a lot of "nonsense and bullshit!"

This Hiram Andrades reporting to you live for Clean Up ATF.org

#5 Guest_Corny_*

Guest_Corny_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:44 AM

Come on, we are not in the mummy business. This was a public relations stunt to show case the software and its ability. Lets not make it more than what it is. We run the risk of being petty and trifling when there are serious issues we are dealing with here!

This is Hiram Andrades reporting to you live for Clean Up ATF.org

Hiram, you missed the point. This is a serious issue. Maybe not top of the list but when agents are begging for help, support and equipment and our leadership can dedicate time and resources to a "publicity stunt" and then post it as a top story to our intraweb it is an "in your face" insult to every agent at ATF who is trying. You have complained of ATF mismangement and this is another example of why you and many others are in the situation they are in. If they put as much effort into your complaint and issues as they have into the mummy then your business would be settled. This is an example of the top to bottom ineptness of management.

#6 Hiram A

Hiram A

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:13 AM

Come on, we are not in the mummy business. This was a public relations stunt to show case the software and its ability. Lets not make it more than what it is. We run the risk of being petty and trifling when there are serious issues we are dealing with here! This is Hiram Andrades reporting to you live for Clean Up ATF.org

#7 ProConfesso

ProConfesso

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Location10-20

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:42 PM

sounds like someone has a forensic fetish and is underassigned

#8 Antigone

Antigone
  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationWashington DC

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:58 AM

It was with curiosity and confusion that I read this string of posts. I wondered what this was about. After "googling" "ATF mummies king tut" I was directed to the article outlining the subject and clearining up my confusion. I now know why those posting to this subject are angry. I find it amazing that in times of dwindling resources, competing interests, wayward and directionless mamagement, and low morale, public relations stunts such as these fuel the fire of discontent. Beware though, when Congress realizes that ATF forensic personnel has time to identify mummies rather than conduct scientific analysis of evidence, they will be more ammenable to further cut the dwindling ATF budget. While good for public relations, this has the potential to backfire. I have first hand knowledge that forensic labs at USSS, Postal, FBI, DEA, and state agencies are so overloaded, that they either do not conduct, or severely limit the number and scope of forensic exams of evidence submitted to them. If ATF has time to reconstruct 2,500 year old pharoes, think about the consequences.

Don't confuse these activities with those of ATF's Forensic Sciences labs in California, Atlanta and Maryland. Lab personnel are plenty busy and don't have time for arts and crafts.

#9 x1811

x1811

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:43 AM

AS ATF ATTEMPTS TO CUT 100 MILLION FROM OUR BUDGET TO ACCOMODATE WHITE HOUSE DEMANDS WE DETAIL AGENTS TO RECONSTRUCT THE APPEARANCE OF KING TUT? IF THEY WANTED TO DO THIS THEN THEY SHOULD AT LEAST HAVE BEEN SMART ENOUGH TO KEEP IT OUT OF OUR FACES. AGENTS ARE BUSTING ASS TO WORK AND ARE BEING DENIED PERMISSIONS, SUPPORT, EQUIPMENT, ETC., WHILE ATF DOES THIS AND THEN FLAUNTS IT IN THE WORKING AGENTS FACES? ALSO, WHAT SELF-RESPECTING AGENT SAYS OK TO THIS ASSIGNMENT? THIS IS AN EPIC FAILURE BY ATF MANAGEMENT.

It was with curiosity and confusion that I read this string of posts. I wondered what this was about. After "googling" "ATF mummies king tut" I was directed to the article outlining the subject and clearining up my confusion. I now know why those posting to this subject are angry. I find it amazing that in times of dwindling resources, competing interests, wayward and directionless mamagement, and low morale, public relations stunts such as these fuel the fire of discontent. Beware though, when Congress realizes that ATF forensic personnel has time to identify mummies rather than conduct scientific analysis of evidence, they will be more ammenable to further cut the dwindling ATF budget. While good for public relations, this has the potential to backfire. I have first hand knowledge that forensic labs at USSS, Postal, FBI, DEA, and state agencies are so overloaded, that they either do not conduct, or severely limit the number and scope of forensic exams of evidence submitted to them. If ATF has time to reconstruct 2,500 year old pharoes, think about the consequences.

#10 Guest_Jumper_*

Guest_Jumper_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:04 PM

AS ATF ATTEMPTS TO CUT 100 MILLION FROM OUR BUDGET TO ACCOMODATE WHITE HOUSE DEMANDS WE DETAIL AGENTS TO RECONSTRUCT THE APPEARANCE OF KING TUT? IF THEY WANTED TO DO THIS THEN THEY SHOULD AT LEAST HAVE BEEN SMART ENOUGH TO KEEP IT OUT OF OUR FACES. AGENTS ARE BUSTING ASS TO WORK AND ARE BEING DENIED PERMISSIONS, SUPPORT, EQUIPMENT, ETC., WHILE ATF DOES THIS AND THEN FLAUNTS IT IN THE WORKING AGENTS FACES? ALSO, WHAT SELF-RESPECTING AGENT SAYS OK TO THIS ASSIGNMENT? THIS IS AN EPIC FAILURE BY ATF MANAGEMENT.

#11 Patriot

Patriot

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationNortheast

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:41 AM

Interesting observation. While there is some scientific interest in what our agents can do and the results are interesting, does the DD really have to attend the presentation. As I watch his webcasts, it has become apprent that Mr. Melson is accruing tremendous frequent flier miles. All his travel and meetings do not seem to have had any direct benefit to ATF as we are still in crisis mode. His attendance at the mummy exhibit helped us how? I suggest that he spend more time in the office focused on our future, rather than travelling about the country.

#12 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:17 AM

I have heard of doing historical cases but this is ridiculous. Perhaps he was a cartel member or gunrunner from the border. He must have had a heck of a criminal history after 2500 yrs. Seriously HQ? 1/4 of our 1811 staff is doing something other than catching badguys @ grade 14 or above pay. Can we or should we be devoting resources to outside projects that don't further our mission?

#13 Concernedsup

Concernedsup

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:37 AM

So now we take time from agents schedule to have a drawing of a mummy done. Wow, time to crime must be huge. Can't fund other things, can't put people in the places they just might do some good, can give agents what they need to investigate but we can get an accurate sketch of a mummy. Was the mummy a prohibited person and we just had to investigate him? I guess I have seen it all!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users