2 replies to this topic

#1 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:06 AM

Mr. Melson DOES know of the dismal state of morale. He has met with line agents and had lengthy conversations. The man was holding that OIG report on Mexico when he virtually claimed victory on the SW border. He is sitting silent knowing that somebody sent ficticious information to the State Dept. In order to impose our own assault weapons ban on M-1s. Someone should be immediately fired or at least investigated for attempting to legislate at the Bureau level. Employee Complaints are on the rise and counsels office continues to defend corrupt management practices. We have effectively lost our explosive jurisdiction. The Attache to Mexico was removed, even though Mr. Melson had been repeatedly apprised that Chait and Hoover were filtering information to the Director. Mr. Melson actually stated to a group of agents that Chait and Hoover told him he doesn't talk to SACs, that the way WE do it at ATF is you apprise us and we will pass it down to the SACs. Mr. Melson YOU are in charge. Remember?
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

#2 Hiram A

Hiram A

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

Where do I sign up?

#3 ATFemployee

ATFemployee

FNG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:56 PM

It's no secret that Melson's webcast were in direct response to the story on CNN back in May. What has changed? Musical chairs with the Executive Staff, Tip-toeing around the real issues, continued retaliation, continual attitude that the field is ignorant. I could go on and on. NEWSFLASH-Retaliation never stopped and is still rampant. Jobs are still preselected. Rules are still only for the field. Not that the CNN story itself changed things, it did however shine sunlight on the mold that is ATF management. What the mold needs is continued sunlight so that it can be removed and a clean surface can be obtained. We all know that wiping down mold so that you don't necessarily see it doesn't remove it. It continues to grow and once the sunlight is gone, it will be right back more full than ever. My point is this, we didn't really get any attention until the CNN piece threatened the big boys with public exposure. Now that CNN has backed off, the heat is off and things are just like they were. We need more exposure, be it CNN, FOX, MSNBC, whoever! Congress and the appropriations committee will eventually have to deal with some of the issues, but the fastest way to get the obvious problems solved, seem to be media exposure, especially television. Mr. Melson, if you want to do the right thing, then START! If you can't handle it like a leader and decent human being, then do the respectable thing and move along. Is your career and careers of all the Executive staff more important than the rest of ATF? We are hurting and suffering out here-you wouldn't know that because you won't meet with the field. The boys of HQs don't want that to happen. Mr. Melson, some say you are a good guy in a hard position. That may be true; however all great leaders were in hard positions, that is what made them great. Their ability to overcome and do the right thing in spite of the people around them or the cirumstances. I ask you to ask yourself this- if you were the commanding general in a war, could you lead your men in the mission with such low morale as what the field at ATF has? I remind you, you are the commanding general in a war of different sorts, with a mission to accomplish. The morale of the field is low to lower than low. Don't let the liars around you tell you different. You can't be so insulated that you don't know what is really going on. Do something about it. Until then- I and I urge everyone reading this-continue communication with your elected officials. Continue communication with DOJ, OIG, EEOC, and OSC. I don't think it will be long until there is another CNN or similiar piece on tv. We need it. Just like the angry voters in this midterm election, we must channel our anger to productive ways. This is America and this agency is not owned by the Executive staff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users