Photo

PRE SELECTION

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: DOES ATF MANAGEMENT PRE SELECT FOR POSITIONS (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Does ATF management use unethical techniques to pre-select their friends for promotion?

1. Voted YES (16 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. NO (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 sadsack

sadsack
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Locationdc

Posted 06 December 2010 - 09:15 PM

In 2002 I put in for an Intell Position in a Midwest ATF office. I had 6 years experience as an Intell Officer active duty in the US Army plus time on JTTF and had a Masters degree at the time. Ten years as an 1811. I was the only one who put in for this position and was non-selected. Two weeks later same position re-announced and a female agent with zero experience and 3 years on with ATF was selected over me. She never even did a blue cover! Rumor had it that she was later dating the married ASAC there. She is now in management. Gotta love ATF- no wonder this agency is so screwed-up

#2 Athens

Athens
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:42 PM

You are exactly right. But unless we name names and positions it can be dismissed as unfounded rumor.

#3 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:28 PM

There have been numerous cases around the country of employees being discouraged from putting in for boss jobs so as not to be spoilers for "their" choice for the job. Manipulating the selections is the same as pre-selection.

#4 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Location...Land of the Free and Home of the Brave...

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association http://www.fleoa.org/

Lone Wolf

#5 Jaime3

Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:32 PM

I'm very new to the agency (less than 2yrs) and filed a complaint.
Can you tell me what the FLEOA is?
I'm trying to get all the information I can...

Be patient. There are two pre-selections that are about to blow up in their faces. When all of the evidence is developed then it must be disseminated to all of you in the field that believe it is wrong. From there we have to go to the Office of Special Counsel and demand an investigation into unethical personnel practices. I also need the field agents to put the pressure on U.S. senators like Grassley. It has to be organized. I believe that there has been one IA investigation launched regarding the ASAC Assessment Center. Appears that individuals were giving "perfect" answers to the questions. When they were asked to explain their answers they could not do it. They memorized the perfect answer and repeated it like a parrot. There was an attack launched on the RAC Assessment Center but ATF and Melson defended that complaint with a vengeance. Hey, remember Melson is supposed to be an attorney involved in ethics. HAHA! If you are not a member of FLEOA, send the money in now. Get behind the new FLEOA rep and get orgnized. Standby for the two explosions - it may take awhile but be patient.

#6 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:01 PM

The state of ATFs promotional system is horrible. Smoke and mirrors and frought with manipulation. Just like every other function we perform these days. Wait a month or 2 and I'm sure the OIG will have a negative report on this as well.Look, everybody has watched and is watching the abuse of the AC and promotional system. The most recent example is Don York. He was one of the managers reponsible for trying to fire 2 of his guys for whistleblower activities. He and the SFFD management staff cost the taxpayers high dollar. Then his wife gets a job in Louisville and he gets a PCS as the DOO,so he doesn't have to retire. If this was on the up and up, then why has his transfer never been posted?

#7 bythebook

bythebook

FNG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHQ

Posted 01 December 2010 - 09:26 PM

Has anyone read the new mandatory professionalism/ethics training we are all going to have to review? I hope it includes a section on pre selections. It has become so rampant within ATF it is becoming the norm. In one division the employees were told there is nothing they could do to stop it, and management advised if you don't like it transfer. The most recent one a supervisor took a lateral move with PCS money last year and is moving back this year with a promotion and another PCS move just because they wanted to demonstrate to the employees that they can do what they want. When is pre-selection ethical/professional?

#8 Guest_madea_*

Guest_madea_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:53 PM

Be patient. There are two pre-selections that are about to blow up in their faces. When all of the evidence is developed then it must be disseminated to all of you in the field that believe it is wrong. From there we have to go to the Office of Special Counsel and demand an investigation into unethical personnel practices. I also need the field agents to put the pressure on U.S. senators like Grassley. It has to be organized. I believe that there has been one IA investigation launched regarding the ASAC Assessment Center. Appears that individuals were giving "perfect" answers to the questions. When they were asked to explain their answers they could not do it. They memorized the perfect answer and repeated it like a parrot. There was an attack launched on the RAC Assessment Center but ATF and Melson defended that complaint with a vengeance. Hey, remember Melson is supposed to be an attorney involved in ethics. HAHA! If you are not a member of FLEOA, send the money in now. Get behind the new FLEOA rep and get orgnized. Standby for the two explosions - it may take awhile but be patient.

#9 CAPTAIN JOHN MILLER

CAPTAIN JOHN MILLER
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUNITED STATES

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:14 AM

How do the SAC’s pre-select their buddies? Does anyone have any examples of not being selected? What can we do about it? I thought the assessment center process was supposed to get us the best all around candidate, but I look around the country and I see entire field offices almost to the point of munity and imploding because certain RAC’s/ASAC’s/SAC's have no real street experience and lack any resemblance of leadership skills. How do you guys feel about it? Lets here some horror stories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users