#1 ProConfesso

ProConfesso

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Location10-20

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:33 PM

On the job - 20 days and.... http://www.nydailyne...Daily Politics)

#2 ProConfesso

ProConfesso

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Location10-20

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:45 AM

Prior to this HQ boondoggle, there once was a SAC who arrived in his new post and whose first action was to task his two tactical operations officers to wallpaper and redocorate his office. They never objected to such an assignment.

#3 Retired and loving it

Retired and loving it

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:42 AM

Edgar Domenech got the Deputy Director in ATF position because then Director Buckles wanted a way to stop the Hispanic Agents from filing a lawsuit like the Black Agents had done. Athough the result made for very strange bedfellows, Buckles found an effective way to accomplish that -- Domenech. You fellows in NYC need to be very careful. I'd try to keep an very low profile around the new "sheriff".

#4 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:14 PM

As previously stated, but is worth restating; Napolean complex and loyalties that change direction as fast as the winds that blow thru the Rockies.A shame that such talent comes with so little personal integrity.To the deputies of NYC, get it in writing because Edgar has perfected and supported senior managers who "Don't know, and can't recall".

www.justice.gov/oig/special/s0610/final.pdf

So someone possessing mediocre abilities can enter ATF, rise through management destroying the careers of honest hard working agents. Then finally reaching the one of the top positions, allow/participate in the waste and fraud of millions of tax payers' money. Then this "superstar" turns himself in for the waste and fraud and collects on a whistle blower's lawsuit. This can only happen in the ethical and moral vacuum of ATF. Apparently he never took the ATF Professionlism training.

And the beat goes on....

#5 apostate

apostate

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:17 PM

www.justice.gov/oig/special/s0610/final.pdf So someone possessing mediocre abilities can enter ATF, rise through management destroying the careers of honest hard working agents. Then finally reaching the one of the top positions, allow/participate in the waste and fraud of millions of tax payers' money. Then this "superstar" turns himself in for the waste and fraud and collects on a whistle blower's lawsuit. This can only happen in the ethical and moral vacuum of ATF. Apparently he never took the ATF Professionlism training. And the beat goes on....

#6 Thor God of Thunder

Thor God of Thunder

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:26 AM

I hope you evaluate Domenech for yourself before forming your opinion, but since you asked, I'll provide you the view point of one agent who worked under his command.

Prior to becoming the ATF poster child for being a whistleblower, Domenech was one of the predatory cannibals within the management in ATF. Around the time Domenech obtained a position of real authority in ATF it became the "in thing" within ATF management to try to ruin the careers of hard working agents, but stand by each member of the ATF management team no matter what crime they commit. This mentality may have started before Domenech became the #2 man in ATF, but he did everything in his power to promote this head hunting mentality. This eat your own mentality has continued in the agency to date.

In my opinion, and this is only my feelings from being a working stiff, who is multiple rungs down the ladder from Domenech and the other members of management who started this agency down the road to dispair. If you take the time to read the OIG report detailing the crimes Truscott committed, it appears to the working agents that Domenech was either knee deep in the criminal acts Truscott was involved or Domenech simply turned a blind eye to the improper actions. What Domenech did was he collected three aces and hid them up his sleeve until he thought the time was right. Prior to OIG finishing the investigation, Domenech realized that the time was right and he cut a deal to save himself. By being the first one to jump off the sinking ship he claimed whistleblower status and then claimed to be a victim of the same machine he helped create. Ultimately, Domenech held his hand out and received a cash settlement from the agency as a result of his being a victim.

If you have never experienced someone with the little man syndrome, stand by you are getting ready to get a full dose of a little guy with a huge ego.

Again, I hope you form your own opinion, but the above is my perception of your new boss.

Also, please come back and let us know how your boss turns out.

Snake Bite out

I concur with the above assessment. Again, judge for yourself... The way that Mr. Domenech rose to the top of the toilet bowl was that he ensured that the Hispanic agents in ATF never filed a class action lawsuit for discrimination while he was there. As his reward, he and other Hispanics were elevated to senior management positions. These include but are not limited to Julie Torres, Hugo Barrera, Carlos Sanchez, Kim Sanchez (Hispanic by marriage), Jose Vazquez and others... It was not because they were best qualified or have the skills and abilities....to do the job.
Posted Image
For Clean Up ATF!

#7 Snake bite

Snake bite

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationThe eye of the storm

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:58 PM

Hi everyone! Sorry to step into your lane. I'm a deputy sheriff in the City of New York. Our new sheriff was announced today by Mayor Bloomberg. It's Edgar A. Domenech of the ATF.

Can anyone advise me what type of person, and what type of boss he is? Anything we have to watch out for? Any information you can provide would be appreciated.

If this type of post is unwelcome on this forum, I apologize.

Thanks.

I hope you evaluate Domenech for yourself before forming your opinion, but since you asked, I'll provide you the view point of one agent who worked under his command.

Prior to becoming the ATF poster child for being a whistleblower, Domenech was one of the predatory cannibals within the management in ATF. Around the time Domenech obtained a position of real authority in ATF it became the "in thing" within ATF management to try to ruin the careers of hard working agents, but stand by each member of the ATF management team no matter what crime they commit. This mentality may have started before Domenech became the #2 man in ATF, but he did everything in his power to promote this head hunting mentality. This eat your own mentality has continued in the agency to date.

In my opinion, and this is only my feelings from being a working stiff, who is multiple rungs down the ladder from Domenech and the other members of management who started this agency down the road to dispair. If you take the time to read the OIG report detailing the crimes Truscott committed, it appears to the working agents that Domenech was either knee deep in the criminal acts Truscott was involved or Domenech simply turned a blind eye to the improper actions. What Domenech did was he collected three aces and hid them up his sleeve until he thought the time was right. Prior to OIG finishing the investigation, Domenech realized that the time was right and he cut a deal to save himself. By being the first one to jump off the sinking ship he claimed whistleblower status and then claimed to be a victim of the same machine he helped create. Ultimately, Domenech held his hand out and received a cash settlement from the agency as a result of his being a victim.

If you have never experienced someone with the little man syndrome, stand by you are getting ready to get a full dose of a little guy with a huge ego.

Again, I hope you form your own opinion, but the above is my perception of your new boss.

Also, please come back and let us know how your boss turns out.

Snake Bite out
SNAKE BITE OUT -

#8 apostate

apostate

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:18 PM

Based upon his past performance at ATF he should fit the mold for your city's law enforcement leadership http://www.nytimes.c...on/19kerik.html

#9 ISpy

ISpy

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:41 AM

Eor the donkey. The glass is half empty if that. Mr. Doom and Gloom.

#10 NYC Deputy Sheriff

NYC Deputy Sheriff
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

Hi everyone! Sorry to step into your lane. I'm a deputy sheriff in the City of New York. Our new sheriff was announced today by Mayor Bloomberg. It's Edgar A. Domenech of the ATF. Can anyone advise me what type of person, and what type of boss he is? Anything we have to watch out for? Any information you can provide would be appreciated. If this type of post is unwelcome on this forum, I apologize. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users