• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bobthegunslinger

bobthegunslinger
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Locationfla

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:07 PM

wow!thanks for bringing this to our attention!eaa is here in florida.maybe you can get get someone from the state business commission to respond and do something!

#2 jimkressin

jimkressin
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPlover, WI

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

Several months ago I sent a letter to ATF regarding the EAA 10mm pistol and the lack of recall on cracking frames and slides and got no reply. So who is getting paid to look the other way on this? Someone must be because not only was this issue not investigated, but I did not even receive a reply. Since 2005 The EAA Corp. has sold thousands of 10mm handguns to unsuspecting consumers that could have got someone killed. It may have and I just couldn't find any evidence. When the frames and slides started cracking after as little as <100 rounds EAA did not do a recall on these fire arms. Instead they contacted the dealers and had them contact the customers that had purchased these guns and told them to send them in for a different frame only. They will replace a cracked slide if you are the original owner. But second and beyond owners they claim the warranty does not apply and the vice president of EAA literally laughed at me over the phone when I told him I would not pay for a new slide (mine has a 3/4" crack from the ejection port to the slide groove). I am only one of hundreds of on original owners that they have done this to. Just do a Google search and you'll see what I mean. I also contacted the BBB, the Consumer Protection Agency, the FBI, the NRA and several news papers. This is no different than a car manufacturer selling a car that the brakes and steering malfunctions. They fix the steering without a public announcement and refuse to fix the brakes if your warranty expires.Attached File  Stress fracture2.JPG   67.87KB   94 downloadsAttached File  Stress fracture1.JPG   53.74KB   86 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users