#1 Retired and loving it

Retired and loving it

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

Very well said Leader. I think there are many folks of all races and ethnic backgrounds that agree completely with your assessment of Crenshaw.

Are you listening Tom Brandon? This PoS Crenshaw is still on board thanks to you.

By the way, he isn't a PoS because he's black, he's a PoS because he's a PoS!

quote name='leaderofthetards' timestamp='1333838854' post='4865']
As a minority myself, I resented others who did not take the TEA when I came on. I was also floored when Kelvin Crenshaw had to have tutors to get through FLETC. Your average 5th grader should have been able to get through CIS and NAT without a tutor. And here he is all these years later making a complete fool of himself with the whole toy gun thing on top of everything else he's done. Kelvin isn't stupid because he's black, he's stupid because he's stupid. He isn't a thief because he's black, he's a thief because he's a thief. Now, has he gotten by with outrageous conduct because he's black? Probably. As a minority, I resent this too. It makes the rest of us look bad. He is an absolute disgrace and so is everyone who has given him a pass.
[/quote]

#2 Guest_Sandy Davis_*

Guest_Sandy Davis_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

This may be a much needed dialog to have. Madea had a good point on this subject this morning (yes, that is how she and I spend Easter morning, discussing what all is wrong with this agency and how in the hell it got to this point). Anyway, her point was that it is wonderful there will be a lot of vets hired, however, are they qualified? I think we all know someone who got hired, promoted, or was given a pass on misconduct because they were a SAC’s kid, someone’s buddy, black, female, vet, etc. Madea believes it’s wonderful to be concerned about the returning vets, but standards should not be lowered for anyone in this job. Lives are at stake. Just ask a family member who had a loved one killed with a F&F weapon. Also, how many combat vets will have PTSD? Can you imagine coming home with PTSD and getting a job at ATF? This is the agency that takes pride in destroying it’s people because it can.

Standards in hiring, promotion, and conduct are always being lowered to accommodate someone who should not be accommodated. Let’s take the Crenshaw standard. This is Mr. Brandon’s standard. This is just one example, of many, of a pathetic lowering of standards. If there was ever a time this agency needed the most qualified people of the highest integrity, this is it.

#3 Guest_leaderofthetards_*

Guest_leaderofthetards_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

As a minority myself, I resented others who did not take the TEA when I came on. I was also floored when Kelvin Crenshaw had to have tutors to get through FLETC. Your average 5th grader should have been able to get through CIS and NAT without a tutor. And here he is all these years later making a complete fool of himself with the whole toy gun thing on top of everything else he's done. Kelvin isn't stupid because he's black, he's stupid because he's stupid. He isn't a thief because he's black, he's a thief because he's a thief. Now, has he gotten by with outrageous conduct because he's black? Probably. As a minority, I resent this too. It makes the rest of us look bad. He is an absolute disgrace and so is everyone who has given him a pass.

#4 apostate

apostate

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

According to those instructing at FLETC ATF has gotten rid of the red man drills because they were too difficult. two out of my academy class failed out because they could not pass the red man drills. One failed out due to firearms quals

The TEA test has been really dumbed down the past 20 years and no one can contest that fact.

#5 Swampdog

Swampdog

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationWhere the gators hunt

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

The academy has been going downhill since Mr. Brandon left. A softer and gentler approach was taken with the new hires. People were not being held to the standard that has been set. The physical standard expectation is very low. If you can't do it, nothing happens to you. No one wants to be the bad guy and fire someone. The hiring process is broken, we miss great canidates, we hire some really bad people for unknown reasons.

#6 Shooter

Shooter

FNG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

Semper has missed the mark. Both the Special Agent and Investigator classes are going to consist of 100% veterans...this has been confirmed by HR. Interviews for 400 Investigators (all veterans) began last week. The SA and Investigator classes that went through in 2010 and 2009 had plenty of veterans in them. The standards at the ATF Academy have not been lowered...all requirements are still the same as they have been for many years. In fact the new SA hires will have to pass a PTT as part of the hiring process, much like the Marshals and NCIS. The lowering of CITP standards was something that FLETC chose to do. CITP is run by FLETC, not ATF. Several academies at FLETC used to have the same standard in CITP as the agency add on class, and ATF was one of those agencies. However, FLETC's standard has always been 70%. FLETC would no longer maintain different sets of standards for different agencies and finally told everyone that the CITP standard would be 70%, period. Since ATF has no choice but to stay at FLETC for training, they have to abide by the FLETC decision. The academy standard remains at 80%.

#7 GunnyT

GunnyT

FNG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

So they're dumbing down the academy and giving out KSA's to move those blacks into upper management positions (again) huh Semper? Don't put that kind of crap out there if you don't have proof to back it up. you are showing your ignorance.

With all of the issues that need to be addressed in this agency it is mindsets like this this will hinder us as an organization from truly moving forward.

And it is my understanding that the only class of agents to be hired and held this year will come from a list of ALL VETS! Will someone in the know please confirm this.

#8 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

If you have a copy of that letter and get me a copy, I will personally make it my mission in life to see the writer of said letter and whoever concealed it, FIRED. Yes our hiring has been abysmal. Yes the points you make are valid. But if its a sanctioned practice to ignore our hiring of VETS. That against the law and Un American. I'll be back to this topic shortly. Semper, just be cautious of rumors. We can only defend FACT. Semper Fi V

Does anyone on here know when ATF will lift the ban on hiring military vets?

I thought POTUS Obama just came out and said businesses should hire military vets returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.

I personally know many highly educated and highly experienced combat vets that have applied for agent posistions in ATF in the past 2 years and ATF SAC's has refused to accept their applications. These same SAC's hired unqualified college students with zero experience , mediocre grades for Special Agent positions though.

Word is there is an email out there ( many have seen it) from ATF HQ threatening to fire anyone who reveals this fact.

There also allegations coming out that certain groups ( again) were given the KSA's before the announcement came out last month for 1811 positions.

And why has ATF lowered test scores, and FLETC physical, shooting, academic standards for the recent new hires?. The ATF academy has become a laughing stock at FLETC. We used to have the toughest academy.

Word is ATF needs these new hires for future upper management positions

Looks like ATF has not changed and is corrupt as ever

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

#9 semperfi

semperfi
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

Does anyone on here know when ATF will lift the ban on hiring military vets?

I thought POTUS Obama just came out and said businesses should hire military vets returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.

I personally know many highly educated and highly experienced combat vets that have applied for agent posistions in ATF in the past 2 years and ATF SAC's has refused to accept their applications. These same SAC's hired unqualified college students with zero experience , mediocre grades for Special Agent positions though.

Word is there is an email out there ( many have seen it) from ATF HQ threatening to fire anyone who reveals this fact.

There also allegations coming out that certain groups ( again) were given the KSA's before the announcement came out last month for 1811 positions.

And why has ATF lowered test scores, and FLETC physical, shooting, academic standards for the recent new hires?. The ATF academy has become a laughing stock at FLETC. We used to have the toughest academy.

Word is ATF needs these new hires for future upper management positions

Looks like ATF has not changed and is corrupt as ever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users