10 replies to this topic

#1 Shooter

Shooter

FNG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Anyone know what's going on with the Reno office?

#2 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

That was 20 yrs ago. New coach new approach.

History lesson Vince....while I pray you are right and I will loudly applaud the OSC, OIG, or any other group does anything about the perjury, let's look at this. Show me what legal actions were taken against Sarabyn, Chojnacki, and Vita. Again, how about the OSC regarding the public corruption exposed in Chicago by Mike and Diane Casali? Let me tell you what the OSC did because I have personal knowledge. NOTHING. In fact, it was determined that the information provided to the OSC by the Casalis was routinely leaked to ATF prior to the OSC’s determination not to prosecute. Now remember Vince, that case was described by the U.S. Attorney’s Office as the “biggest public corruption case" they had prosecuted, yet the OSC passed. I hope your perjury case is more interesting to the OSC and OIG than this public corruption case was. Believe me, I pray that the OSC and the OIG get involved because both organizations are responsible for looking the other way at past management corruption. Remember that SAC Joe Vince and ASAC Adamcik retired. And, least we forget that SAC Vanessa McLemore retired without prosecution following the OIG investigation. Need I go on? Again, I pray you are correct, but history tells us otherwise. Vince, who do you know who has been prosecuted for perjury? Help me name ONE.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

#3 Guest_madea_*

Guest_madea_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

History lesson Vince....while I pray you are right and I will loudly applaud the OSC, OIG, or any other group does anything about the perjury, let's look at this. Show me what legal actions were taken against Sarabyn, Chojnacki, and Vita. Again, how about the OSC regarding the public corruption exposed in Chicago by Mike and Diane Casali? Let me tell you what the OSC did because I have personal knowledge. NOTHING. In fact, it was determined that the information provided to the OSC by the Casalis was routinely leaked to ATF prior to the OSC’s determination not to prosecute. Now remember Vince, that case was described by the U.S. Attorney’s Office as the “biggest public corruption case" they had prosecuted, yet the OSC passed. I hope your perjury case is more interesting to the OSC and OIG than this public corruption case was. Believe me, I pray that the OSC and the OIG get involved because both organizations are responsible for looking the other way at past management corruption. Remember that SAC Joe Vince and ASAC Adamcik retired. And, least we forget that SAC Vanessa McLemore retired without prosecution following the OIG investigation. Need I go on? Again, I pray you are correct, but history tells us otherwise. Vince, who do you know who has been prosecuted for perjury? Help me name ONE.

Don't be too quick to roll over and ignore the fact that Congress, OSC and OIG have a huge microscope on ATF leadership. Ford may not be out of the woods yet. But I understand and agree with your Precepts. But as far as the Gleysteen's of this world go, I'd be surprised if Gleysteen and Downs don't go out the door in handcuffs. Bare minimum fired. PERJURY IS A CRIME. Throw in some 18 U.S.C. 1001..............Just sayin. Those folks in Chicago are smart and payin attention.

#4 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

Don't be too quick to roll over and ignore the fact that Congress, OSC and OIG have a huge microscope on ATF leadership. Ford may not be out of the woods yet. But I understand and agree with your Precepts. But as far as the Gleysteen's of this world go, I'd be surprised if Gleysteen and Downs don't go out the door in handcuffs. Bare minimum fired. PERJURY IS A CRIME. Throw in some 18 U.S.C. 1001..............Just sayin. Those folks in Chicago are smart and payin attention.

Vince, you’ve missed something critical here. Ford will not only be doing an obligatory 5-6 months. He won’t be idle. Why assume that Larry will do nothing? Ford will be about to retire and that is when they are the most dangerous. Picture this Vince, ATF puts you back to work in the SF office and they bring Mike Gleysteen back as the SAC a few months before he retires. Now, how do you think that would go? What do you think is about to happen to the employees in the Chicago FD?

#5 Retired and loving it

Retired and loving it

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:18 AM

Vince, you’ve missed something critical here. Ford will not only be doing an obligatory 5-6 months. He won’t be idle. Why assume that Larry will do nothing? Ford will be about to retire and that is when they are the most dangerous. Picture this Vince, ATF puts you back to work in the SF office and they bring Mike Gleysteen back as the SAC a few months before he retires. Now, how do you think that would go? What do you think is about to happen to the employees in the Chicago FD?

Madea, I read Vince's comment as very much tongue-in-cheek as to getting off of Ford's back.

#6 Guest_madea_*

Guest_madea_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

Get off Wilfred Fords back. He aint gonna be in Chicago F.D. long enough to "fix" anything. By the time he gets there, he"ll be obligated to 5-6 months before he pulls the pin for the private sector, and Chicago will again be w/o consistent leadership until they transfer in ANOTHER SAC at approx. $180,000 to the tax payers. They are just protecting Ford until he can get out of here for all of his unethical practices and failures as an ATF Agent. Apparently you CAN respond to Congressional inquiries and lie and get away with it. You definitely CAN be on the executive staff and sit silent on fast and furious, remain on the executive staff and have NO DUTY TO REPORT.

#7 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

Get off Wilfred Fords back. He aint gonna be in Chicago F.D. long enough to "fix" anything. By the time he gets there, he"ll be obligated to 5-6 months before he pulls the pin for the private sector, and Chicago will again be w/o consistent leadership until they transfer in ANOTHER SAC at approx. $180,000 to the tax payers. They are just protecting Ford until he can get out of here for all of his unethical practices and failures as an ATF Agent. Apparently you CAN respond to Congressional inquiries and lie and get away with it. You definitely CAN be on the executive staff and sit silent on fast and furious, remain on the executive staff and have NO DUTY TO REPORT.

Ike, I completely agree. If ATF is interested in predicting where crime will happen, that’s pretty easy.

Prediction #1: Detroit, a bankrupt city where much of it’s police force has been laid off due to lack of funds. Who was the SAC of Detroit? Answer: Tom Brandon. Does anyone see any call from Tom and ATF to increase staffing at the Detroit Field Office? Answer: No.

History lesson: In the 70s ATF upper management recognized the increasing crime in urban areas. They came up with CUE (Concentrated Urban Enforcement). Three cities were identified; Boston, Chicago, and Washington D.C. Congress funded CUE and the Chicago office received 50 new agents and 50 Sr. agents transfered in from other offices. The second time that ATF management recognized a problem was in Miami. The South Florida Task Force was put into operation. Bob Sanders put together a task force of 50 agents in a matter of months and got them onto the streets of Miami. That was in the 80s.

Apparently, Part-Time Temporary Director Jones doesn’t see the big picture because he doesn’t stay in his office long enough to open his mail. Or could it be that Jones would rather visit Montreal, Toronto, London, and Paris instead of dodging gunfire in the parks of Detroit? And I’m sure that Mr. Part-Time Temporary knows that “flash mobbing” season is about to start on the beaches of Chicago. Last time I heard, the beaches of the South Riviera were safe. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????????? See this for what it is folks, another travel extravaganza for senior managers because they are too cheap to pay for their own vacations.

A warning should be sent to these countries and needs to be sent quickly; be careful about aligning yourself with ATF. Look what they did to Mexico.

Prediction #2: Chicago. And who was the SAC in Chicago? Answer: Andy Traver. And who is going to there now? Answer: Mr. Fixit Man Ford.

#8 Retired and loving it

Retired and loving it

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Don't be haters. I heard EVERY agent is getting a I Phone. How cool is that? Not gonna help catch bad guys but I heard there are serious applications and great web surfing capabilities. How fun will surveillance's be. We still do those don't we?

Vince, the I Phones will help the ATF field masses in their search for jobs with agencies that have better (or at least some) management and leadership.

#9 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:13 AM

Don't be haters. I heard EVERY agent is getting a I Phone. How cool is that? Not gonna help catch bad guys but I heard there are serious applications and great web surfing capabilities. How fun will surveillance's be. We still do those don't we?

Ike, I completely agree. If ATF is interested in predicting where crime will happen, that’s pretty easy.

Prediction #1: Detroit, a bankrupt city where much of it’s police force has been laid off due to lack of funds. Who was the SAC of Detroit? Answer: Tom Brandon. Does anyone see any call from Tom and ATF to increase staffing at the Detroit Field Office? Answer: No.

History lesson: In the 70s ATF upper management recognized the increasing crime in urban areas. They came up with CUE (Concentrated Urban Enforcement). Three cities were identified; Boston, Chicago, and Washington D.C. Congress funded CUE and the Chicago office received 50 new agents and 50 Sr. agents transfered in from other offices. The second time that ATF management recognized a problem was in Miami. The South Florida Task Force was put into operation. Bob Sanders put together a task force of 50 agents in a matter of months and got them onto the streets of Miami. That was in the 80s.

Apparently, Part-Time Temporary Director Jones doesn’t see the big picture because he doesn’t stay in his office long enough to open his mail. Or could it be that Jones would rather visit Montreal, Toronto, London, and Paris instead of dodging gunfire in the parks of Detroit? And I’m sure that Mr. Part-Time Temporary knows that “flash mobbing” season is about to start on the beaches of Chicago. Last time I heard, the beaches of the South Riviera were safe. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????????? See this for what it is folks, another travel extravaganza for senior managers because they are too cheap to pay for their own vacations.

A warning should be sent to these countries and needs to be sent quickly; be careful about aligning yourself with ATF. Look what they did to Mexico.

Prediction #2: Chicago. And who was the SAC in Chicago? Answer: Andy Traver. And who is going to there now? Answer: Mr. Fixit Man Ford.

#10 Guest_madea_*

Guest_madea_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:03 AM

"The Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms bureau wants to use technology to help predict where gun crime may unfold, and eventually work to prevent it from happening.... The Justice Department....issued a solicitation for a system "designed to accurately identify the risk of personal and property crimes" covering 200 locations throughout the United States, United Kingdom and Canada." http://fcw.com/artic...technology.aspx

Wow! ATF now has so much money in the budget, it's expanding to predict crime in the United Kingdom and Canada? Why leave out Mexico? When did ATF jurisdiction extend to foreign countries? How many ATF employees will be transferred to plum assignments in the UK and Canada?

ATF did such a fine job with "Fast & Furious", it's now time to include more foreign countries? Maybe ATF should concentrate on predicting crime within it's own agency...... Talk about "Fraud, Waste and Abuse".....

#11 Ike

Ike

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:04 AM

"The Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms bureau wants to use technology to help predict where gun crime may unfold, and eventually work to prevent it from happening.... The Justice Department....issued a solicitation for a system "designed to accurately identify the risk of personal and property crimes" covering 200 locations throughout the United States, United Kingdom and Canada." http://fcw.com/artic...technology.aspx

Wow! ATF now has so much money in the budget, it's expanding to predict crime in the United Kingdom and Canada? Why leave out Mexico? When did ATF jurisdiction extend to foreign countries? How many ATF employees will be transferred to plum assignments in the UK and Canada?

ATF did such a fine job with "Fast & Furious", it's now time to include more foreign countries? Maybe ATF should concentrate on predicting crime within it's own agency...... Talk about "Fraud, Waste and Abuse".....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users