Righting a Wrong

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Educated Latina

Educated Latina
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

Thank you for your reply to my post. I feel empowered and validated by this website and people like you. It is important to know that Investigative Analyst are appreciated and supported to be true analysts and not secretaries. There are so many Analyst's being held back and deprived of a prosperous future. This is the beginning of my fight and I will not stop until every IA - 1805 realizes they have a voice and are not alone.

Talk about one of the MOST important posts since this website opened. OUTSTANDING, AND TRUE. RIGHT ON. Any Agent, (real Agent) knows that a true blue IA and support staff, is the difference between just keeping the doors open and actually taking it to the street criminals. EVERY success I have had personally, and every success I have observed over my almost 30 years, was on the back of the Best IA's in the government. They have been disregarded for WAY too long. Senior management has been too willing to let the good ones go, and their positions remain vacant BUT by God, we have dog handlers, polygraph agents, specialty this and that. Any doubt why entire field divisions are UNDER performing. We have said it all along. Stop the politics, stop the special programs. BACK to basics, and ATF survives.If not WE ARE GONE.I will trade 5 GS-14s and above for ONE good IA. The United States Marine Corps has a mindset and philosophy, "Every Marine is a basic rifleman". Well EVERY ATF Agent needs to be an Agent NOT A BUREAUCRAT, first and foremost. FOR THE RECORD, I have personally had the BEST IA's throughout my entire career that the Bureau had to offer. Thanks Eugenia, Annie, Pauline, Theresa, Debra, Todd and ALL the rest. We kicked ass BECAUSE of you all. I love you guys.

#2 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

Talk about one of the MOST important posts since this website opened. OUTSTANDING, AND TRUE. RIGHT ON. Any Agent, (real Agent) knows that a true blue IA and support staff, is the difference between just keeping the doors open and actually taking it to the street criminals. EVERY success I have had personally, and every success I have observed over my almost 30 years, was on the back of the Best IA's in the government. They have been disregarded for WAY too long. Senior management has been too willing to let the good ones go, and their positions remain vacant BUT by God, we have dog handlers, polygraph agents, specialty this and that. Any doubt why entire field divisions are UNDER performing. We have said it all along. Stop the politics, stop the special programs. BACK to basics, and ATF survives.If not WE ARE GONE.I will trade 5 GS-14s and above for ONE good IA. The United States Marine Corps has a mindset and philosophy, "Every Marine is a basic rifleman". Well EVERY ATF Agent needs to be an Agent NOT A BUREAUCRAT, first and foremost. FOR THE RECORD, I have personally had the BEST IA's throughout my entire career that the Bureau had to offer. Thanks Eugenia, Annie, Pauline, Theresa, Debra, Todd and ALL the rest. We kicked ass BECAUSE of you all. I love you guys.
<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

#3 Educated Latina

Educated Latina
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:19 AM

I have it on great authority that BIG changes are coming to the "Investigative Assistants" or "Faux Analyst's" in ATF. If you were hired within the past several years under the Investigative Analyst Announcements and realized you have been duped once you sat at that receptionist desk and haven't been fairly evaluated in the outstanding category as the Analyst functions require. It is not because you are not a good worker or employee, but because you were not given the full authority of the position as an 1801 or now 1805. Shady shit if you ask me or anyone stuck in that crappy position. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. More information is yet to come as it is received.
The mission of ATF isn't just about the 1811's. Don't discount your position because someone assumed you to be less worthy of a fulfilling job. Systematically the executive management has impacted the specialty/ skill set and your future of an honorable profession. Analysts are a potential resource that adds or could add to criminal apprehension, but management continues this abuse of authority for selfish reasons.
The helpless, fearful, intimidated, less educated, hard working, patient, humbled, less informed Investigative Analyst now have a voice. While ATF hires more agents and Industry Ops Investigators and NO additional support staff, is an egregious error because now HQ will have to hire more secretaries and Support Assistance while the Analysts exercise their RIGHT to practice their hired duties and not the catch all phrase "other duties as assigned" for the "Mission of the Bureau". Although impressive phrases but EEEHHH, wrong answer!!! Thee professional/Technical employees are a lot more smarter and educated than you realize. Wake-up all you Analyst and take back what was taken from you. There has been a precedence set for you to follow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users