Thor God of Thunder

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:34 PM

Thunder

I know Long and in his situration I would do the same thing, he reachs 57 in July 2010 and is forced to retire he still has kids in school, he gets about 40-42 % of his pay and therefore he will have to continue to work after retirement,(I know it is hard to beleive but 42% is not alot to live on with kids in school) Maybe he was in the right place at the right time, this job came open and he applied, something I think we all would have done in his situration. I just glad that an AGENT not someone in managmnet got the job. Long told me that the Company said not to put in for retirement until the background was completed and they could give him a start date. That happened in January, they wanted him to start 3/1, but after he spoke with Ms. Young at HQ she told him while she could process his retirment in 30 days she really needed 60 so there would be no problems with his insurance, he told me that as his wife is a cancer survivor he can not take a chance of a screw up with insurance. He said he talked to the company he is going to work for and while they were not real happy on having to wait 60 days they would let him start on 4/1, but they told him if he could not start then they would have to hire someone else. From what I see he is still opening and working cases, as for Pearce getting him the job, it was my understanding the SAC picked from a list of names sent to him by HQ, do you really think Pearce would help someone that could not help him? I don't think so. But if he did so what, I say good for Long, he got a job I would have bet my life on would only go to managment. At least one of the good guys won this time.

I understand and agree with you.
Posted Image
For Clean Up ATF!

#2 Thor God of Thunder

Thor God of Thunder

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:33 PM

Thor,

As to the Long situation, I agree but you can't expect Long to give up his job hoping he gets the other and until the second job gives Long a date to start why should he give up his current job? Basically I have no problems with this, I don't think it meets the Stankewic (sic)standard.

As to the other issue the agent hired by AFD was Ronnie Carter's nephew.

I contacted my sources in Atlanta and they said that Ronnie Carter's nephew was not the interviewee. It was some guy from Tennessee. Hmmmmm...is this a a mistake or misinformation??

I also heard that there is an ASAC in Atlanta that used to be a Group Supervisor in Phonenix that would call the target's location and tell them to cooperate with ATF that was coming to the house prior to ATF arriving at the location. This is why the agency is in shambles...people that do not know how to do the job but claim they do.
Posted Image
For Clean Up ATF!

#3 majorfa

majorfa
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Locationalabama

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:54 AM

Thunder I know Long and in his situration I would do the same thing, he reachs 57 in July 2010 and is forced to retire he still has kids in school, he gets about 40-42 % of his pay and therefore he will have to continue to work after retirement,(I know it is hard to beleive but 42% is not alot to live on with kids in school) Maybe he was in the right place at the right time, this job came open and he applied, something I think we all would have done in his situration. I just glad that an AGENT not someone in managmnet got the job. Long told me that the Company said not to put in for retirement until the background was completed and they could give him a start date. That happened in January, they wanted him to start 3/1, but after he spoke with Ms. Young at HQ she told him while she could process his retirment in 30 days she really needed 60 so there would be no problems with his insurance, he told me that as his wife is a cancer survivor he can not take a chance of a screw up with insurance. He said he talked to the company he is going to work for and while they were not real happy on having to wait 60 days they would let him start on 4/1, but they told him if he could not start then they would have to hire someone else. From what I see he is still opening and working cases, as for Pearce getting him the job, it was my understanding the SAC picked from a list of names sent to him by HQ, do you really think Pearce would help someone that could not help him? I don't think so. But if he did so what, I say good for Long, he got a job I would have bet my life on would only go to managment. At least one of the good guys won this time.

#4 Concernedsup

Concernedsup

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:22 AM

Thor, As to the Long situation, I agree but you can't expect Long to give up his job hoping he gets the other and until the second job gives Long a date to start why should he give up his current job? Basically I have no problems with this, I don't think it meets the Stankewic (sic)standard. As to the other issue the agent hired by AFD was Ronnie Carter's nephew.

#5 Thor God of Thunder

Thor God of Thunder

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:17 PM

There is this certain ATF Agent in the Atlanta Field Division, in the Arson and Explosives Group, which has one of those cushy contractor jobs lined up and he is still on the job. This is amazing. His name is Long and with the help of Jeff Pearce he was able to line up this job before he retires. Now let me say this, there is nothing wrong with taking care of our own. However, isn't there sometype of ethics or integrity violation with this situation? I am not sure but he is welcome to give his side of the story. There was also an interview that Jeff Pearce participated in and because the candidate got the question wrong. Mr. Pearce asked the interviewers to re-read the question so that the applicant could get it right. Now, my question is this. Was this a friend of th director or assistant director? Who was this candidate related to that Mr. Pearce felt that he could not allow this candidate to fail? This is why we end up with the "best of the best." Anyone from Atlanta care to chime in?
Posted Image
For Clean Up ATF!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users