• Please log in to reply
1315 replies to this topic

#351 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:59 PM

Same to you Mr. Haggerty.  I fully understand why people don't want their name in the open.  The whistleblower blows and those who enforce them are a joke.   You recieve no protections from those laws.  ATF laughs at them knowing that no one is ever going to follow up and hold anyone accountable.  I have equal admiration for you revealing your name to the public.  Yours / Ours is not an easy path.  If it was easy everyone would do it and we know they don't.

#352 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:53 PM

I am taking some of Jay's advice to heart so I am revealing my true name so that folks will know who I am.  I've worked for ATF for over 18 years where it had ups and downs.  I've had to endure terrible work environments but in the end it became too much to bear and I left for a lower paying job where I work hard every day to help out merchant mariners get their credentials and my current regime of supervision is light years better than what I got with the Bureau.  What I will be doing to strike back at the injustices I've received at the hands of my last terrible boss I don't rightly know just yet.  But I plan on doing something along the vein of clearing my reputation to start with.  I averaged a time off or service act award every year I was with the Bureau until my last boss showed up whereupon I received nothing but her complaining about me.  If I was so bad then why did I receive great performance appraisals from them every year?  Also, since I've left I've received a 40 hour time off award and a service act award for doing great at my current job.  But in any case thanks to you Jay among others here as you have helped inspire me to do something about it.  It may take years and it might be for naught but I will do something and that hopefully right soon.

Mr. Miller, this is not an easy path and it takes an enormous amount of courage to reveal yourself.  I applaud your courage and hope that it will inspire others to give real examples about real people who are damaging ATF and its employees.  Thank you for being brave.  J

#353 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:19 PM

Deputy Directors recent memo playing down a Congressional bill to abolish the agency was disheartening to say the least. I am attaching the most recent INTERNAL survey that would suggest that Mr. Brandons assessment that "WE ARE IMPROVING" may not be entirely accurate. Take note of how many categories involving management, leadership and field HQ perceptions are at or below 50-60%.

An interesting stat he could put out is how many OSC, OIG, Congressional and EEOC complaints have been filed and the relation to numbers for the past 5 years. We cannot defend our leaders by hiring more attorneys. The standards must be raised and adhered to. Without accountability and compliance from the top, we are doomed. And Mr. Brandon is absolutely correct, It DOES fall on him, because at the end of the day, Mr. Jones is NOT an agent, doesn't know what it is to be an agent and is merely a lawyer chosen to be our CEO.

Mr. Brandon has shown a complete inability to hold his managers accountable, resolve issues if it in any way might slight a manager for poor judgement. And because of this PRIMARY fact, Congress has no faith in our ability to move forward. There are no pep-talk memos that will convince anyone otherwise. WE KNOW how hard the Agents and Investigators work and what good our work does. We/Congress never questioned that. They are questioning OUR LEADERSHIP.

Can anyone out there confirm a certain ASAC was arrested for DUI and he fought with the police?  What about connected recruits having problems with weapons qualifications?   

#354 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

I am taking some of Jay's advice to heart so I am revealing my true name so that folks will know who I am.  I've worked for ATF for over 18 years where it had ups and downs.  I've had to endure terrible work environments but in the end it became too much to bear and I left for a lower paying job where I work hard every day to help out merchant mariners get their credentials and my current regime of supervision is light years better than what I got with the Bureau.  What I will be doing to strike back at the injustices I've received at the hands of my last terrible boss I don't rightly know just yet.  But I plan on doing something along the vein of clearing my reputation to start with.  I averaged a time off or service act award every year I was with the Bureau until my last boss showed up whereupon I received nothing but her complaining about me.  If I was so bad then why did I receive great performance appraisals from them every year?  Also, since I've left I've received a 40 hour time off award and a service act award for doing great at my current job.  But in any case thanks to you Jay among others here as you have helped inspire me to do something about it.  It may take years and it might be for naught but I will do something and that hopefully right soon.

James if there is one thing I learned over the years is that a competent worker's abilities threaten some bosses' egos which in turn causes some bosses to flex their GS muscle to prove they are the Alpha dog.  I am sure you were a great agent but a supervisor cannot say James has integrity and he would not go along to get along.  The bad bosses have to find some trival bs to justify their actions of dogging you out.  Remember you have time limits on many of the complaints you can file. You were a great investigator so use your skills to put together your case.  Good luck.

#355 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:14 PM

Deputy Directors recent memo playing down a Congressional bill to abolish the agency was disheartening to say the least. I am attaching the most recent INTERNAL survey that would suggest that Mr. Brandons assessment that "WE ARE IMPROVING" may not be entirely accurate. Take note of how many categories involving management, leadership and field HQ perceptions are at or below 50-60%.

An interesting stat he could put out is how many OSC, OIG, Congressional and EEOC complaints have been filed and the relation to numbers for the past 5 years. We cannot defend our leaders by hiring more attorneys. The standards must be raised and adhered to. Without accountability and compliance from the top, we are doomed. And Mr. Brandon is absolutely correct, It DOES fall on him, because at the end of the day, Mr. Jones is NOT an agent, doesn't know what it is to be an agent and is merely a lawyer chosen to be our CEO.

Mr. Brandon has shown a complete inability to hold his managers accountable, resolve issues if it in any way might slight a manager for poor judgement. And because of this PRIMARY fact, Congress has no faith in our ability to move forward. There are no pep-talk memos that will convince anyone otherwise. WE KNOW how hard the Agents and Investigators work and what good our work does. We/Congress never questioned that. They are questioning OUR LEADERSHIP.

Attached Files

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

#356 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:31 PM

James:  For what it's worth, you're not alone.  ATF seems to seek out and abuse those who are the hardest workers yet they let the slackers, the relatives and the asskissers do whatever they want.

For the record, in response to Jay Dobyns, I'm Mike Haggerty.  Actually, the true identity of my user name has been an open secret in ATF ever since I was falsely accused of being FUBAR, and I readily admitted to DOJ OIG my screen name.

#357 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:26 PM

James, better late than never.Sorry you had to leave. Survey after survey has been ignored with regards to incompetent management. San Francisco field division/ the agency lost 25 people in 5 years and NONE were mandatory. Right under their noses and nobody noticed. I myself, had 20+ years or EFS or Outstanding evaluations. Upon filing my complaint I received my FIRST and only unsatisfactory evaluation of my adult life. And yet the Dobyns case shows how far ATF/DOJ will go to defend their bad actors. I NEVER EVER thought Id say this but you MAY be better off. Might I suggest you contact Senator Grassley, Congressman Sensenbrenner Or Chairman Issa.

#358 James Miller

James Miller

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

#359 Loyal to ATF

Loyal to ATF

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:41 AM

http://www.ticklethe...ity-on-records/

On the heels of legislation to ABOLISH ATF, the Dobyns decision completely destroying the credibility of our Executive leadership and Chief Counsels office, we are provoking criticism for mandating that citizens have to list their race on a 4473? Really, this is what we are focused on? There can be no mistake that Jones is serving some political agenda because that information serves NO legitimate enforcement or regulatory purpose. Bottom line, you must provide ID to buy a firearm and said ID has a damn picture on it. Therefore the ONLY reason for such a requirement is to establish some statistical data. Remember the term "A" political Mr. Jones? We are supposed to be neutral.

#360 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:07 PM

Based on what Ive read, it is reasonable to expect that Agent Dobyns should strongly pursue his Congressional contacts to initiate an investigation into the malicious conduct and waste of tax payers Dollars. If I had to guess, ATF/DOJ used taxpayer $$$$ for a vendetta using information they KNEW to be false. Much like the prosecutors sanctioned for Pursuing the Alaskan Senator. There should be a full audit and investigation into the ATF/DOJ attorneys conduct in the Dobyns matter.

Of course they did.  ATF spent hundreds of thousands to trying to get me for nothing.  DOJ spent millions.  But, Congress or any other oversight body isn't going to do anything.  Do they ever?  If the answer is yes, please tell me where and when.  That is why people like Jones and Melson and Loos and Bouman always find a soft landing.  My fight is done.  I've taken it as far as I can.  Its time for someone else to step up besides the few regulars like Cefalu.  Most of the people posting and reading here are afraid to use their real name or even name, by name, the people who are harming the agency.  I understand why but either mount up or live with what you are left with (not 'you' as in "Loyal to ATF", 'you' as in the ATF employees who bitch about everything at the safety of Starbucks or in a cubicle but want everyone else to fight the fight for them and make their worlds right so they never have to take any risk themselves).

#361 Jaime3

Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:00 PM

Congress knows DOJ attorneys are corrupt.
http://www.pogo.org/...-standards.html

#362 Loyal to ATF

Loyal to ATF

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:35 PM

As Goodworker noted the full Opinion is a long read.  Some of bulk has been removed here to help those interested read easier.attachicon.gifSynopsis of Opinion from Dobyns v. USA.pdf

Based on what Ive read, it is reasonable to expect that Agent Dobyns should strongly pursue his Congressional contacts to initiate an investigation into the malicious conduct and waste of tax payers Dollars. If I had to guess, ATF/DOJ used taxpayer $$$$ for a vendetta using information they KNEW to be false. Much like the prosecutors sanctioned for Pursuing the Alaskan Senator. There should be a full audit and investigation into the ATF/DOJ attorneys conduct in the Dobyns matter.

#363 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:34 PM

I think that Jones and Brandon are following their orders to a tee.  Look at the ridiculousness of their decisions and DOJ's constant support and protection of them.  Jones was brought in to tank ATF for Obama and Brandon is his muse.  I wouldn't expect anything of Jones.  He has no lineage here.  But for Brandon it is unforgivable.  When he goes along to get along he watches the agency that his peers were always committed to.  They have both given ATF up to the wolves.

Jones can put on his resume that a federal law enforcement agency was destroyed under his supervision.

Brandon will go down as the Benedict Arnold of ATF. 

Plenty of chances but they did nothing.

#364 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:08 AM

This will be Jones and Brandons legacy. It was so preventable. It will be very difficult for any Congressman to stand beside us as nothing has changed. Had they listened, had they demanded a return to our core mission and HAD THEY been willing to hold their peers accountable, we MAY have had a chance. Rather than resolve the internal disputes bad management and abusive Chief counsel attys created, the field may have reluctantly tried to re-focus. That didnt happen. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results has KILLED US. No more lawyers/politicians as Directors. It doesnt work.

#365 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:37 PM

I support Rep Sensenbrenner's bill as ATF has consistently promoted a significant number of people who went along with the company line, regardless if it was against the law, policy, and or common sense.  For decades, ATF has consistently failed to hold top employees accountable for improper or illegal acts.  ATF has a proven track record of retaliating against those ATF employees who had the moral courage to report wrong doing.  Rep Sensebrenner you will find a good number of ATF employees who will be willing to testify before a congressional hearing on these topics.

Almost immediately after I learned of this bill a few weeks ago, I wrote to my House Rep, who has actually been one of the biggest supporters of LEO's in Congress in his career.  I strongly urged him to support this bill.

A couple of weeks later, his office called me.  I spoke with a staffer for about 30 minutes.  Briefly, from what I heard, Congress is not happy with ATF.  They view ATF as a solution seeking a problem.  Thing is, ATF isn't capable of being a solution any more, and those problems are being handled by other agencies.  I even said that ATF's arson program should be moved to the US Fire Administration, as ATF really doesn't respect the program.  I stated that in the local division that covers this Rep's district, ATF's idea of "recommitting" to the arson program was to select as the new CFI an agent who has done nothing more than u/c narcotics buys for ten years.  I'd rather have a local firefighter with 10 years of fighting fires do my origin and cause work than someone who has never stepped on a fire grounds.

I also said that INS went out of business for a reason, and those reasons are even worse for ATF. 

#366 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:51 AM

As Goodworker noted the full Opinion is a long read.  Some of bulk has been removed here to help those interested read easier.Attached File  Synopsis of Opinion from Dobyns v. USA.pdf   5.8MB   17 downloads

#367 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:43 AM

I have read it. While I am not weeping, I am shaking my head. It confirms for me what I concluded about your case long ago - Jay Dobyns was not the problem. ATF is and continues to be run by people who have no concern or consideration for anyone but themselves. Tragic to see what this once great agency has become. I shake my head in disgust at ATF.

For those people who do not want to read the entire 54 page doc, p 17-21 have some serious reading.  Kudos to SAC Atteberry who tried to do the right thing in 2012.

#368 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:15 PM

http://blog.jaydobynsgroup.com/?p=578

The Opinion in my lawsuit has been published.  Read it and weep.

Congrats brother.  Your family has gone through a lot of unnecessary drama because of ATF's leadership failures.  I am sorry that you and your family had to go through all of this.  May the AG finally tell Director Jones he had better hold some "leaders" accountable or else.

#369 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:54 PM

Words don't describe our sadness

http://townhall.com/...of-atf-n1893092

The result of Jones, Brandon and Turks new vision and promised reform. Thanks fellas. And this wasn't even a hard fix. Some visionary leadership, standards and ethic being ENFORCED against managers and all would have fallen in place. SO SAD

Legislation Introduced to Eliminate ATF Katie Pavlich | Sep 17, 2014
katiepavlich1.gif

c97b139c-3af2-4f9b-be95-1cd7af547c7e.jpg

Republican Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner has introduced legislation to eliminate the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a federal law enforcement agency with 5000 employees. If passed, the legislation would dissolve the duties of ATF to the FBI and DEA. From the legislation:

To abolish the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, transfer
its functions relating to the Federal firearms, explosives, and arson laws, violent crime, and domestic terrorism to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and transfer its functions relating to the Federal alcohol and tobacco smuggling laws to the Drug Enforcement Administration, and for other purposes.

“Washington should be responsible stewards of the American taxpayers’ money. While all too often that is not the case, this is a good government bill to streamline agency activity at DOJ—increasing effectiveness while decreasing cost. The ATF is a largely duplicative, scandal ridden agency that lacks a clear mission. It is plagued by backlogs, funding gaps, hiring challenges and a lack of leadership. For decades it has been branded by high profile failures. There is also significant overlap with other agencies. At a time when we are approaching $18 trillion in debt, waste and redundancy within our federal agencies must be addressed. Without a doubt, we can fulfill the role of the ATF more efficiently," Sensenbrenner said in a statement about the ATF Elimination Act. 

According to Sensenbrenner there are two main goals for the legislation, "to eliminate and reduce duplicative functions and waste to the maximum extent possible, and to report to Congress with a detailed plan on how the transition will take place."

The legislation comes after years of corruption, Operation Fast and Furious and after a series of ATF stings in Sensenbrenner's home state of Wisconsin where agents took advantage of mentally disabled teenagers by giving them neck tattoos and teaching them how to commit crimes. ATF agents also lost track of a fully-automatic machine gun in Milwaukee after it was stolen from an unattended government vehicle.

I support Rep Sensenbrenner's bill as ATF has consistently promoted a significant number of people who went along with the company line, regardless if it was against the law, policy, and or common sense.  For decades, ATF has consistently failed to hold top employees accountable for improper or illegal acts.  ATF has a proven track record of retaliating against those ATF employees who had the moral courage to report wrong doing.  Rep Sensebrenner you will find a good number of ATF employees who will be willing to testify before a congressional hearing on these topics.

#370 Loyal to ATF

Loyal to ATF

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:03 PM

The result of Jones, Brandon and Turks new vision and promised reform. Thanks fellas. And this wasn't even a hard fix. Some visionary leadership, standards and ethic being ENFORCED against managers and all would have fallen in place. SO SAD

Legislation Introduced to Eliminate ATF Katie Pavlich | Sep 17, 2014
katiepavlich1.gif

c97b139c-3af2-4f9b-be95-1cd7af547c7e.jpg

Republican Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner has introduced legislation to eliminate the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a federal law enforcement agency with 5000 employees. If passed, the legislation would dissolve the duties of ATF to the FBI and DEA. From the legislation:

To abolish the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, transfer
its functions relating to the Federal firearms, explosives, and arson laws, violent crime, and domestic terrorism to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and transfer its functions relating to the Federal alcohol and tobacco smuggling laws to the Drug Enforcement Administration, and for other purposes.

“Washington should be responsible stewards of the American taxpayers’ money. While all too often that is not the case, this is a good government bill to streamline agency activity at DOJ—increasing effectiveness while decreasing cost. The ATF is a largely duplicative, scandal ridden agency that lacks a clear mission. It is plagued by backlogs, funding gaps, hiring challenges and a lack of leadership. For decades it has been branded by high profile failures. There is also significant overlap with other agencies. At a time when we are approaching $18 trillion in debt, waste and redundancy within our federal agencies must be addressed. Without a doubt, we can fulfill the role of the ATF more efficiently," Sensenbrenner said in a statement about the ATF Elimination Act. 

According to Sensenbrenner there are two main goals for the legislation, "to eliminate and reduce duplicative functions and waste to the maximum extent possible, and to report to Congress with a detailed plan on how the transition will take place."

The legislation comes after years of corruption, Operation Fast and Furious and after a series of ATF stings in Sensenbrenner's home state of Wisconsin where agents took advantage of mentally disabled teenagers by giving them neck tattoos and teaching them how to commit crimes. ATF agents also lost track of a fully-automatic machine gun in Milwaukee after it was stolen from an unattended government vehicle.

#371 Ike

Ike

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:10 PM

The United States wins its point whenever justice is done its citizens in the courts.

Jay, at long last, you've prevailed.  Congratulations!  It's been a tough road for you.

"In the court’s view, the actions of these ATF employees indisputably breached the covenant of good faith and fair dealing."  The Judge said it very well.

Now, if fellow ATF employees treat an agent like this, how do they treat ordinary citizens caught up in their web?  With "good faith and fair dealing"?   How about "Fast & Furious"?  

We must ask ourselves, "How did these ATF employees learn how to breach 'the covenant of good faith and fair dealing'?"  Where did they get that kind of training?  Is that the institutional culture?  Did those ATF employees practice on ordinary citizens before getting rewarded and promoted?

Every time an ATF employee swears to false and misleading information, and misrepresent the law in an affidavit presented to a Magistrate Judge, or give false testimony in court, are they in training for management?

Of course, there are ATF employees with integrity, good judgement, and who are honest.  But it's also clear that too many lack those traits.

#372 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 17 September 2014 - 12:30 PM

#373 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

Attached File  10671498_10202695628007566_7408183549768443691_n.jpg   70KB   15 downloads

#374 Fedupwrkr

Fedupwrkr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 September 2014 - 05:42 PM

I have read your statement on your website.  Well said Jay!  I knew you would be vindicated.  I know it wasn't about the money, but that amount pales in comparison to what you went through.  I pray that the responsible parties be disciplined, forced to retire, or better yet, fired!  Because we all know that is what would happen to us if we were charged with lack of candor or lying on the stand.  ATF management--this is what happens when you lie and your lies found out.  What is hidden in secret will come to light!

#375 SA FOG

SA FOG

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationATF'S Never-Neverland

Posted 16 September 2014 - 12:20 PM

I have read it. While I am not weeping, I am shaking my head. It confirms for me what I concluded about your case long ago - Jay Dobyns was not the problem. ATF is and continues to be run by people who have no concern or consideration for anyone but themselves. Tragic to see what this once great agency has become. I shake my head in disgust at ATF.

#376 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:17 AM

http://blog.jaydobynsgroup.com/?p=578

The Opinion in my lawsuit has been published.  Read it and weep.

#377 SA FOG

SA FOG

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:29 PM

It's still going to be one hellava read even with redactions! When you have been around as long as some of us and know all the players, it won't be difficult at all to follow along with the train of thought even with the redactions! I just hope and pray it comes out in Jay's favor.

#378 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:22 PM

Bet they DO want reactions. Barring privacy act information, what could they possibly want redacted? The decision? Cowards to the end.

Jay Dobyns

1 hour ago ·

The opinion wont post today. The Judge is working on a request for redactions from DOJ.

quote name="SA FOG" post="6432" timestamp="1410793344"]

So, what time today will the Dobbins decision be unsealed. I am sure it will be the best "novel" I've read all year - worthy of a slot on the New York Times best sellers list. Good luck Jay. You definitely deserve it!
[/quote]

#379 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:20 PM

Jay Dobyns

1 hour ago · 

The opinion wont post today. The Judge is working on a request for redactions from DOJ.

quote name="SA FOG" post="6432" timestamp="1410793344"]

So, what time today will the Dobbins decision be unsealed. I am sure it will be the best "novel" I've read all year - worthy of a slot on the New York Times best sellers list. Good luck Jay. You definitely deserve it![/quote]

#380 SA FOG

SA FOG

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:02 AM

So, what time today will the Dobbins decision be unsealed. I am sure it will be the best "novel" I've read all year - worthy of a slot on the New York Times best sellers list. Good luck Jay. You definitely deserve it!

#381 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:21 PM

What action will former US Atty Jones do now that his corrupt management has been OFFICIALLY exposed?

quote name="Retired Agent Jay Dobyns" post="6429" timestamp="1410481805"]

On Monday I anticipate the Court releasing the trial opinion from my lawsuit to the public.

Over the last six years so much speculation of what happened has taken place. Monday you will know.

For those that judged me behind ATF's propaganda machine - will you be able to see the real truth. You can still judge me but at least now you will have the facts instead of relying on rumors.

You will see how ATF's management, past and present, treats innocent field employees (like you) and you will see how they treat those in their beloved 'executive club'. Two very different standards are evident.

You think you know what happened? Trust me. You don't.

This opinion should absolutely result in prosecutions and resignations - they all will be deserved and warranted. If there is not, then expect business as usual at ATF and I accomplished nothing of significance for the greater good.

- From an article that ran during the Tucson trial phase - questions and concerns - all this and more will be displayed here and elsewhere. Stay tuned:

Tim Steller: Public locked out of trial in former ATF agent Jay Dobyns' suit
We have an interest in knowing if, how feds abandoned Dobyns

June 14, 2013

http://tucson.com/ne...85935941c3.html

Also, how is it possible the arson of his home remains unsolved? If Dobyns actually did it, the government needs to put him behind bars. If not, someone tried to kill a federal agent's family, which should have made it an urgent case to solve.

There is also a set of doubters who find Dobyns self-promoting.

I understand their perspective to an extent: In describing his situation Thursday, Dobyns told me U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder seems to have it in for him because of the way the Justice Department is fighting him. With all that Eric Holder is dealing with, it struck me as doubtful he cares about Dobyns.

But minutes after that conversation I walked into the courtroom and had to ask myself, what explains the six people at the Justice Department table? As I understand it, four were attorneys and two paralegals - a serious outlay of legal talent.

We the people, especially the people of Tucson, have interests at each table. At Dobyns' table, we have an interest in our federal law enforcement agents being protected from criminals and treated fairly by their employer. At the Justice Department table, we have an interest in making sure agents are doing their jobs and not winning damages - taxpayer money - over nothing.

That makes it especially unfortunate that the public is prohibited from attending the trial.

For almost three years, secrecy has marked the case, which Dobyns first filed in October 2008, two months after his home burned.

Since then, at least half of the filings in the case have been sealed.

It's too bad, because besides the fascinating details of the case, there is a real public interest in knowing if, how and why the ATF abandoned this star agent. As it stands, it seems we'll be left with simply knowing Allegra's final decision when the trial ends.[/quote]

#382 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:30 PM

On Monday I anticipate the Court releasing the trial opinion from my lawsuit to the public.

Over the last six years so much speculation of what happened has taken place.  Monday you will know.

For those that judged me behind ATF's propaganda machine - will you be able to see the real truth.  You can still judge me but at least now you will have the facts instead of relying on rumors.

You will see how ATF's management, past and present, treats innocent field employees (like you) and you will see how they treat those in their beloved 'executive club'.  Two very different standards are evident.

You think you know what happened?  Trust me.  You don't. 

This opinion should absolutely result in prosecutions and resignations - they all will be deserved and warranted.  If there is not, then expect business as usual at ATF and I accomplished nothing of significance for the greater good.

- From an article that ran during the Tucson trial phase - questions and concerns - all this and more will be displayed here and elsewhere.  Stay tuned:

Tim Steller: Public locked out of trial in former ATF agent Jay Dobyns' suit

We have an interest in knowing if, how feds abandoned Dobyns

June 14, 2013

http://tucson.com/ne...85935941c3.html

Also, how is it possible the arson of his home remains unsolved? If Dobyns actually did it, the government needs to put him behind bars. If not, someone tried to kill a federal agent's family, which should have made it an urgent case to solve.

There is also a set of doubters who find Dobyns self-promoting.

I understand their perspective to an extent: In describing his situation Thursday, Dobyns told me U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder seems to have it in for him because of the way the Justice Department is fighting him. With all that Eric Holder is dealing with, it struck me as doubtful he cares about Dobyns.

But minutes after that conversation I walked into the courtroom and had to ask myself, what explains the six people at the Justice Department table? As I understand it, four were attorneys and two paralegals - a serious outlay of legal talent.

We the people, especially the people of Tucson, have interests at each table. At Dobyns' table, we have an interest in our federal law enforcement agents being protected from criminals and treated fairly by their employer. At the Justice Department table, we have an interest in making sure agents are doing their jobs and not winning damages - taxpayer money - over nothing.

That makes it especially unfortunate that the public is prohibited from attending the trial.

For almost three years, secrecy has marked the case, which Dobyns first filed in October 2008, two months after his home burned.

Since then, at least half of the filings in the case have been sealed.

It's too bad, because besides the fascinating details of the case, there is a real public interest in knowing if, how and why the ATF abandoned this star agent. As it stands, it seems we'll be left with simply knowing Allegra's final decision when the trial ends.

#383 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:52 AM

Today, may we ALL bend a knee in remembrance of those who lost their lives, their families and the heroic first responders of New York city.God Bless America.

#384 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:10 AM

My trial date is set for Oct 6-10. It has been a long 8 yrs. My only question is, Will Director Jones and DD Brandon fire his personally selected AD of internal Affairs for perjury and their SFFD OCDETF Coordinator for the same? I'm certain they will. Its the law and its ATF policy.

#385 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:37 AM

WHOA, ARE THE WHEELS FALLING OFF?

History lesson;

When Richard Hurst was caught in questionable judicial conduct, the Agency quietly and quickly found him a position OUTSIDE ATF and saved him.

When Elanor Loos' abusive and unethical practices caught up to her, she was quietly re-assigned to another less high profile shop INSIDE the agency where she could not damage it further.

When Rachel Boumans conduct became destructive to the Agency, she was quietly slid to another agency, thereby alleviating the agency from having to act against one of its own senior lawyers.

So why now are they TERMINATING one of their own attorneys? What must one do to be fired in this agency where corruption and Abuse abounds AT THE HIGHEST levels? It would appear that they are now eating their own. We wonder what tidbits of unethical and perhaps criminal conduct by senior ATF management this attorney will expose in defense of his job. This will be interesting.

#386 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:19 PM

http://www.policedef...org/jay-dobyns/

So what will Director Jones DO, to right this?

Jay Dobyns was a star receiver at the University of Arizona who went on to a very productive career with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Exposives. He took on one of the most challenging and dangerous assignments in law enforcement – going undercover to infiltrate the Hells Angels motorcycle gang. His organization and the Department of Justice had high expectations of Jay. And he expected in return a reasonable degree of protection from harm, for both himself and his family, once his assignment was completed.

After a riot pitting Hells Angels and the rival Mongols inside a Harrah’s casino in Laughlin, Nevada, resulting in two Angels and a Mongol being killed and scores injured, the ATF set its sights on infiltrating the Angels as a suspected racketeering organization. Jay Dobyns was the point man for the mission. Posing as a gun-runner for an organized crime figure, he built his bona fides over many months, once staging the mock execution of a rival Mongol to impress the Angels.

But when the prosecution came apart and convictions became fewer, Jay Dobyns began to feel like an outsider with his own law enforcement agency. When threats to him and his family began coming in, and his family had to flee his own home during an arson fire, not only did ATF fail to take effective action to assess the threats and ensure Jay’s safety, they cast suspicion on him for the arson.

Pushed to the limit, Jay filed a lawsuit against his own agency in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims, alleging the agency failed to approach minimal standards of law enforcement safety practices by failing to properly assess, respond to, investigate, or process or document the threats or occurrences, and refused to adequately protect or defend the Dobyns family.

The Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund backed our mission statement and the Dobyns family in supporting the suit. The case went to trial in early 2014, with closing arguments in Tucson, Arizona in mid-February. The ATF won’t be helped by the DOJ Inspector General’s own findings on the allegations, which found multiple specific cases where the ATF acted wrongfully against its own employee.

UPDATE – AUG 28, 2014: The judge in Jay’s case issued a decision, which is under seal until September 15. We will provide an update as soon as we have it. Meanwhile, we are highly confident the decision is in Jay’s favor.

#387 Loyal to ATF

Loyal to ATF

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:07 AM

Does anyone know what if anything occurred at the recent FAAP meeting? Rhetoric or substance?

#388 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:33 PM

Word is, now that Dobyns lawsuit is over, Congress can inquire into what occurred, how much it cost the tax payers and what the Director is going to do to prevent such abuses in the future.We would be very interested in those answers from our Director under oath. Especially since he showed his lack of character by NOT firing ONE Fast and Furious participant.

Having read the sealed opinion I can think of 50 questions for Jones off the top of my head that he can not, will not, or will have to lie to answer to save his ass.  Whether they ever get asked is another question.  He'll probably send Brandon to take the beating for him but that's OK because he is just as involved.  Brandon will salute like the good soldier he is and never stand up for his own principles or ideals.  He'll just march to someone else's orders even when he knows they are wrong.  He apparently likes being told what to do and think.

#389 Loyal to ATF

Loyal to ATF

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:18 AM

If any boss committed an illegal act, then it can be assumed they probably lied at some point to cover up the act.  Last I checked, lying would be a violation of 18USC1001.  Even if so-and-so is retired, their lies probably occurred well within the statute of limitations, and thus they should be indicted and prosecuted for violating 1001.  You could probably even throw in violations of 1510, 1519 and a couple other statutes as well.

Let's face it, if one of us ever lied before retiring, and then it was discovered we lied, you can bet your butt that ATF, OIG, Main Justice and the USAO will come down on you like a hell storm.

Word is, now that Dobyns lawsuit is over, Congress can inquire into what occurred, how much it cost the tax payers and what the Director is going to do to prevent such abuses in the future.We would be very interested in those answers from our Director under oath. Especially since he showed his lack of character by NOT firing ONE Fast and Furious participant.

#390 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

Once released, the telling part will be whether B Todd will go after anyone who perjured themselves or make excuses. He and Brandon own this new and abusive ATF. If they dont pursue any illegal acts perpetrated by ATF bosses in the Dobyns case, he should resign because hes doesn't have the integrity to run this fine agency. And we don't want to hear.........well so and so already retired. There's nothing we can do. We call BULLSHIT. You charge them and you'll stop the pattern of abuses.

If any boss committed an illegal act, then it can be assumed they probably lied at some point to cover up the act.  Last I checked, lying would be a violation of 18USC1001.  Even if so-and-so is retired, their lies probably occurred well within the statute of limitations, and thus they should be indicted and prosecuted for violating 1001.  You could probably even throw in violations of 1510, 1519 and a couple other statutes as well.

Let's face it, if one of us ever lied before retiring, and then it was discovered we lied, you can bet your butt that ATF, OIG, Main Justice and the USAO will come down on you like a hell storm.

#391 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:26 PM

attachicon.gif10446678_10204869515036937_5835799955512195133_n.jpg

Brandon, Jones, Turk - you sat on the results of the IAD reports.  You turned everybody named in them loose.  You tried to make sure I never saw it.  You tried to cover it up.  You held it back from me while trying to extort me off the job.  You knew exactly what it said, what it meant and what happened.  You could have done something.  My judge understood it perfectly even though you tried make sure he never saw it either. 

For all the agents you have attacked and steamrollered for mistakes and errors in judgement your "screwing the pooch" on this one pales in comparison to what you have destroyed others for.

Your day is coming next month and then everyone is going to know what you did.

attachicon.gif10446678_10204869515036937_5835799955512195133_n.jpg

Brandon, Jones, Turk - you sat on the results of the IAD reports.  You turned everybody named in them loose.  You tried to make sure I never saw it.  You tried to cover it up.  You held it back from me while trying to extort me off the job.  You knew exactly what it said, what it meant and what happened.  You could have done something.  My judge understood it perfectly even though you tried make sure he never saw it either. 

For all the agents you have attacked and steamrollered for mistakes and errors in judgement your "screwing the pooch" on this one pales in comparison to what you have destroyed others for.

Once released, the telling part will be whether B Todd will go after anyone who perjured themselves or make excuses. He and Brandon own this new and abusive ATF. If they dont pursue any illegal acts perpetrated by ATF bosses in the Dobyns case, he should resign because hes doesn't have the integrity to run this fine agency. And we don't want to hear.........well so and so already retired. There's nothing we can do. We call BULLSHIT. You charge them and you'll stop the pattern of abuses.

#392 Loyal to ATF

Loyal to ATF

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:06 AM

http://www.ticklethe...ling-of-crimes/

Im surprised that #1 this is news. #2, if the FBI wants to complain about mission creep, lets talk about the hundreds of firearms cases they jump (and invariably screw up) every year. The countless times they interfere in FUL cases violating the "inspection" rules. Mission creep? Whwn did the FIB become arson and explosives experts? News flash, they didnt. But it has never stopped them from complicating significant ATF investigations.

#393 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:34 PM

Attached File  Lion.jpg   125.76KB   2 downloads

#394 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

Attached File  10446678_10204869515036937_5835799955512195133_n.jpg   33.09KB   30 downloads

#395 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

The Judges ruling on my case is in.

Presently it is under seal.  That seal will be lifted on September 15.  At that time I promise to post it here.  Until then I can not comment on its details...

Other than - VINDICATION!  Justice was served and the system worked!

Thank you to anyone and everyone who had my back.  Without you I could not have completed this journey.  I 100% believe that God guided this process.

For the others, buckle your seat backs and put your tray tables in their full and upright position.  It is going to be nasty, nose-in, crash.  You'll get what you deserve.

*Note to ATF's spin doctors: start preparing you excuse scripts and blame game answers.  You are going to need them.

**Note to Sullivan, Carter, Hoover, Chait, McMahon, Melson, Brandon, Turk, Jones, ATF Chief Counsel - Holder and Obama too:  Fuck you!  Any of you could have fixed this but you are too big of cowards to correct what is wrong and instead spend your time protecting it.  To the ATF people charadeing as leaders, you didn't and don't deserve to carry a gun, carry an ATF badge or your positions in the agency.

#396 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

Can anyone update us on the most recent FAAP meeting with the Executive staff? Productive or smoke and mirrors?

Also, the Reno RAC job has been announced. Are they standing up the Reno office after closing it down? Whats the staffing model? How many agents are going to have to be transferred in? Have the issues with the U S Attorneys office been resolved? Are Riehl and HQ going to allow the AUSA ATF probation demands stand? What has changed? Why did the Director and Brandon shut down a critical office in the first place? Sounds like a few million dollars to re-invent the wheel.

#397 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:19 PM

Perhaps they were Judge shopping, but be careful what you wish for. The new Judge got on the phone, told both sides how its gonna be and said goodbye. No doubt who's in charge now. Pre-trial conference scheduled for mid Sept. Trial Oct 6 -. So my concerns that this change of Judges would further delay a trial date, are gone. We have one.  Thanks all.

There are times I tell non-feds the joke, "What is the difference between God and a Federal Judge?  God doesn't think he's a Federal Judge."

Fortunately, this mindset does have its benefits for those seeking Justice.  It seems here than your Judge isn't impressed or intimidated by the fact that the defendants are the big, bad ATF and E, represented by the crack staff from the local USAO.

Best of luck.

#398 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

Sounds like the DOJ is judge-shopping.

Perhaps they were Judge shopping, but be careful what you wish for. The new Judge got on the phone, told both sides how its gonna be and said goodbye. No doubt who's in charge now. Pre-trial conference scheduled for mid Sept. Trial Oct 6 -. So my concerns that this change of Judges would further delay a trial date, are gone. We have one.  Thanks all.

#399 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:36 AM

I don't know who leaked the FBI info but the one message sent loud and clear is that ATF in Chicago did not have an impact on Chicago violence.  Imagine that...

Well, if Chicago agents are anything like 75% of the agents in Philly, they're too busy getting afternoon lattes and smoothies to be fighting crime.

#400 GoodWorker

GoodWorker

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:41 PM

EXACTLY...................................No leadership by example here.

I don't know who leaked the FBI info but the one message sent loud and clear is that ATF in Chicago did not have an impact on Chicago violence.  Imagine that...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users