#1 Rex Roces

Rex Roces

FNG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:49 PM

Did anybody read the latest broadside to employees from Agency Counsel? I refer to the missive that bluntly reminds us that not only is gambling [including pools] on ATF property illegal, it's a waste of time. So now we have Loos's bunch acting as our supervisors, telling us that we're wasting time. I guess the next step is to eliminate special agents from the RAC/GS positions and instead replace them with lawyers.
I'm not condoning gambling or anything like that. But do we need the lawyers lecturing to us what's a "waste of time?" Isn't that what our supervisors are for? Or has the agency lost faith in the ability of THE VERY PEOPLE THEY SELECTED TO RUN GROUPS AND DIVISIONS in their ability to manage, supervise and lead?

#2 Snake bite

Snake bite

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationThe eye of the storm

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:32 PM

I have to agree with one thing that Loos and her band of hinchnen put out to all ATF employees, It was a complete "waste of time" this year for me to pick an NCAA March Madness bracket. At least Kentucky is still winning. I guess that once again I'll have to use my personal laptop next year to pick my bracket. Hopefully I'll have better results than this year. For the record, this maybe the first time I have agreed with anything Loos has been involved in since Loos started running the ATF. I just wonder how many other acting Director's ATF will have before one realizes that Loos is the person who authorizes as well as protects the SES band of fools to run roughshot over the rights of ATF employees. Hopefully DOJ will take some sort of action, soon.

#3 Thor God of Thunder

Thor God of Thunder

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 09 March 2010 - 03:36 AM

quote name='Doc Holiday' date='09 March 2010 - 01:43 AM' timestamp='1268117016' post='314']
In the presence of reletively new agents and a few senior ones last week I was listening to the conversations and it was a sad state of affairs. I heard them asking "what is it Mr. Melson thinks it is we are doing out here"? "Does he really think we are out here smoking dope,having sex with subordinates and gambling"? Then one of the older guys said "get ready fellas,the next memo he is sending down is going to be reminding us we aren't allowed to beat our wives or discharge firearms in church" This may have been one of the most embarrasing conversations I've heard in over 20 yrs. Joking or not it illustrated what a sad state of affairs this Bureau is in. Mr. Obama Please appoint us a law enforcement Director before it is too late.
[/quote]

Do not feel bad, this is policy based on the integrity and conduct of some ASACs, SACs and the Executive Staff (past, present and future)...some not all. They should subject them to sanctions vs. releasing such an insulting policy...talk about hurtful words. These are the same managers and supervisors, who must make a judgment call as to discipline for the behavior of their own employees. According to these managers, "I guess if no one knows, it is ok." As the old cliche goes....."The blind leading the blind!"
Posted Image
For Clean Up ATF!

#4 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:43 PM

In the presence of reletively new agents and a few senior ones last week I was listening to the conversations and it was a sad state of affairs. I heard them asking "what is it Mr. Melson thinks it is we are doing out here"? "Does he really think we are out here smoking dope,having sex with subordinates and gambling"? Then one of the older guys said "get ready fellas,the next memo he is sending down is going to be reminding us we aren't allowed to beat our wives or discharge firearms in church" This may have been one of the most embarrasing conversations I've heard in over 20 yrs. Joking or not it illustrated what a sad state of affairs this Bureau is in. Mr. Obama Please appoint us a law enforcement Director before it is too late.

#5 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

Did anybody read the latest broadside to employees from Agency Counsel? I refer to the missive that bluntly reminds us that not only is gambling [including pools] on ATF property illegal, it's a waste of time. So now we have Loos's bunch acting as our supervisors, telling us that we're wasting time. I guess the next step is to eliminate special agents from the RAC/GS positions and instead replace them with lawyers.
I'm not condoning gambling or anything like that. But do we need the lawyers lecturing to us what's a "waste of time?" Isn't that what our supervisors are for? Or has the agency lost faith in the ability of THE VERY PEOPLE THEY SELECTED TO RUN GROUPS AND DIVISIONS in their ability to manage, supervise and lead?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users