How Real Cops Handle Their Business

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Lips_*

Guest_Lips_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:47 PM

March 21, 2010, The Washington Examiner: Va. Inmate convicted of trying to kill witness from jail

A defendant hires a couple jailhouse buddies to kill a witness in his pending trial. The plan is foiled by law enforcement.

ATF released this statement: "All of us in law enforcement take it personally when someone threatens to kill a witness so their crime can go unpunished," said Rich Marianos, a special agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Marianos is a “cops cop” and I believe that he believes this but ask the ATF Phoenix Field Division managers if they agree with the statement. Their actions show that they don’t. They ignore threats to agents and most especially ones being made from locked up suspects. Right Marvin? How about you Newell? Maybe Gillette or Higman care to comment? How about Lester Martz’s opinion? He’s left more than a couple ATF agents blowing in the wind. Maybe the leaders who hung Pat Kelly out to dry, or Queen or Boteler and Edwards care to comment? Probably not.

Marianos’s statement sounds good for the public but this is definitely NOT how ATF takes care of business.

#2 Guest_Jumper_*

Guest_Jumper_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:35 PM

I guess it depends on who's club your in. Vido's club is the guys who will take care of each other at all costs. Some of the other guys who've been transferred around like pawns or ignored obviously never made rank to have the agency give a s**t about their well being. It's not what you know it's who you know.

#3 Snake bite

Snake bite

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationThe eye of the storm

Posted 21 March 2010 - 10:53 AM

In addition to Vido having SRT sitting in his basement around the clock, Vido had SRT driving his wife to work and babysitting her 24/7. Before SRT was organized to babysit Vido, he ordered that all members of multiple offices waste their time sitting outside his home instead of working on their cases. The last time I checked Vido was issued a Sig and was required to qualify each quarter like the real agents who walk in harms way everyday. If he's scared of his own shadow and pee's down his leg when someone says BOO, maybe it's just another sign that Vido needs to go. Vido is a cancer within this agency. Vido has been a cancer every place he has been within ATF and the best thing for ATF will the the day after Vido is retired. As far as EEO, Vido is no different than the other SAC's in ATF. They don't care if an EEO complaint is filed against them because it doesn't cost them any money, just the tax payers money. I can't wait until Congress and the OIG starts looking at the poor leadership within ATF. The only thing that will make me happier is the day Vido is no longer associated with ATF.
SNAKE BITE OUT -

#4 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:58 AM

Heck, when I was threatened by the same RAC against whom I filed several EEO complaints, I didn't get any protection. But then again, his picture does appear in "Small Arms of The World."

#5 Concernedsup

Concernedsup

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:55 AM

It's not rumors, that was SAC Paul Vido, Louisville FD. Got around the clock SRT due to an alleged threat made by an agent.

#6 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:17 AM

Rumors are swirling that recently a SAC received threats and full time round the clock SRT was detailed to him and his family. GO FIGURE.

#7 Guest_LostInSpace_*

Guest_LostInSpace_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:21 PM

Today the COPS ACTED LIKE COPS ARE SUPPOSED TO ACT. Read the related story.

Traps for police prompt raids on bikers in West
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h4BAvFQWWQc7Zro34l6l14X3L6oAD9EGNEQ00

Members of the Vagos Motorcycle Gang began to harass some gang task force officers in California. The Vagos were playing an intimidation game with the cops and after sending forward some threats actually placed some boobytraps and conducted some sabotage intended to harm the police. The Riverside County DA made a public statement that the goal of the police operations was to, “eliminate the significant threat to law enforcement that the Vagos represent.”

What the police did is use the powers legally afforded to them to confront the gang and gang members making the threats, investigate the suspects, and utilize their law enforcement powers and authority to send a message to any criminal who thinks that they are going to harass or intimidate their officers: THREATS AND INTIMIDATION TARGETING POLICE OFFICERS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. PERIOD.

This is how law enforcement is supposed to act. They weren't afraid to confront suspects. They weren't afraid to arrest people and conduct raids. They acted like cops, not cowards. They weren't afraid to take their streets back!

Now compare the police response in California to that of ATF management in handling threats against ATF agents.

Yeah, 'nuff said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users