Retired Agent Jay Dobyns's Content

There have been 78 items by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns (Search limited from 20-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#6525 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 27 October 2014 - 12:57 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

AN ATF WIFE’S RESPONSE TO THE JAY DOBYNS EMAIL TO CONGRESS

CC: Director B. Todd Jones and Deputy Director Thomas Brandon

This is what ATF has done to us.  I am positive that I speak for every family who has been targeted by the inept and abusive higher ups in ATF.  Would any of you in Congress be able to keep your cool after eight, nine, ten years of retaliation and slander from the bureau you love and honor?  These agents are some of the bravest men and women in this country.  They are the ones that said “I will do it”.  They are willing to lose their lives at any moment to protect those who cannot protect themselves. These agents took an oath and would never, ever break it.  Yet for the last decade they have not been able to do their job – taking bad guys off the streets and away from you and me, because they have been too busy defending themselves from the people that are supposed to be the good guys.  How dare the Gleysteens, the Downs, the Newells, the Gillettes and the McMahons.  Their  biggest and longest cases of all of their careers has been attacking their brothers in arms.  I wonder if they will receive a plaque and a ceremony for a decade of worthlessness.  How does this happen?  What oath did they swear by?  And how is it that these people can blatantly lie in the face of Congress and not even receive a slap on the hand?  They go right back to work, doing what they are best at, deceiving the American public and eating their own.  If you can’t or won’t stop them, who will?  Jay Dobyns is not the only person that has suffered.  He has a wife and two children who have suffered alongside him. Vince Cefalu is not the only person who has suffered.  He has a wife and five children who have suffered alongside him and I have experienced this first hand. And what of the Dodsons and Gils and countless others?  I am Agent Cefalu’s wife and I have seen what it has done to my husband.  I have seen the anguish, the stress, the anger and the disbelief.  I have experienced the financial ruin and felt the shame of not being able to provide for our children as well as we should.  I have had to watch my husband spend all of his time defending himself instead of being the husband and father that we all so desperately wanted and needed.  My children spent their teenage years living under ATF bullshit everyday.  I prayed everyday that someone would do the right thing to end the insanity so my children could get 100% of our time and attention.  So we could have a normal family life.  My children have moved out on their own now and that time is lost.  Can you imagine how that hurts a mother’s heart?  ATF robbed us of that opportunity.  I cannot imagine that any one of you would stand silent if this were happening to you and yours.  When  ATF sits around dreaming up more ways to attack their agents, their families lose precious time.  I stand behind Jay Dobyns and agree with every word he wrote.

Robyn Cefalu

Haha.  My email to Congress on 10.24 contained language not suitable for the public audience.  Roby proved to be much more controlled.  Good job girl.  J

#6523 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 26 October 2014 - 11:38 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

The only thing I can think of is that ATF "Leaders" are making a desperate attempt at saving their reputation and ATF on appealing this decision when what they should do is hold those responsible accountable so that they earn some good will with the rank and file.  The rank and file would take some accountability as a step in the right direction to save this rudderless ship.  Instead they are putting the final nail in the ATF coffin.  I hope our members of congress have had enough of ATF bad behavior because the rest of us have.  ATF has caused life to imitate art, specifically the scene in the movie The Untouchables, when Sean Connery is walking his beat past Kevin Costner and Connery challenges Costner on the bridge who reaches into his breast pocket to retrive his creds and Connery uses his night stick to stop Costner and detects Costner's gun.  Costner identifies his office and Connery walks away.  Costner says what kind of cop are you to walk away from a guy with gun and Connery replies,  who else would claim to be a prohibition agent (ATF) if he wasn't?

I have some bombshells.  I just need to figure out how and where to drop them.  I will.  Congress is not going to do anything.  They know the story but they just aren't up for it.  Simple as that.  About the best they can do is write scolding letters.  Judicial Watch gets more done than the US Congress.

#6521 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 25 October 2014 - 01:00 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

I'm saying here and in the open. Obama, Holder, DOJ Attorneys, ATF leadership - you are punks and bitches.

This ain't over by a long shot. They are appealing to delay the inevitable - a full exposure of their crimes corruption in this matter that was not documented in the Judge's opinion.  There is dirt here that very few know about yet.  I was going to let this end but DOJ decided it needed to stay alive so its f***ing on!

You can run but you can't hide you f***ing sissies. Now I'm even more determined to make sure everyone finds out about them.  You want to keep the fight going?  They reap the whirlwind of what you did.  Can you guys spell F-E-L-O-N-Y and P-R-I-S-O-N?  Can you afford to lose your jobs and law licenses?  You better have thought that out because I'm coming with facts and evidence much worse than what the judge documented in trial.

You sit in your arrogant suits and think you have it figured out.  You think you are above the law and can get away with anything you please.  Check yourselves because here is how it works in the real world.  This is a bar fight.  Not the DC social bars you guys go to.  A real bar.   The guy who wins a bar fight isn't the best puncher or the one with the best MMA choke holds.  The guy who wins is the one who is willing to die to win.  I've been there with those stakes on the line.  Have you?  I hope you're ready.

You're not going to look good in orange jumpsuits with "DOC" on the backs.  Don't drop the soap, sleep with your backs to walls and make sure your pod doesn't allow broom handles to be present after lights out.

I'm gunna see to it that you are braiding cornrows wearing halter tops and lipstick before this is over.

http://www.examiner....ettlement-order

http://www.azcentral...obyns/17847349/

I'm coming with all of it.  With all the information that they thought slipped through the cracks.  All the dirt that they thought the Judge would never see or know about.  I told you to trust me and that the trial opinion was going to be brutal.  It was.  Now trust me again.  The behind-the-scenes story of what took place and that I was choking down is going to get let out and it is very bad.  Disgusting bad. 

#6519 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 25 October 2014 - 08:50 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

I'm saying here and in the open. Obama, Holder, DOJ Attorneys, ATF leadership - you are punks and bitches.

This ain't over by a long shot. They are appealing to delay the inevitable - a full exposure of their crimes corruption in this matter that was not documented in the Judge's opinion.  There is dirt here that very few know about yet.  I was going to let this end but DOJ decided it needed to stay alive so its f***ing on!

You can run but you can't hide you f***ing sissies. Now I'm even more determined to make sure everyone finds out about them.  You want to keep the fight going?  They reap the whirlwind of what you did.  Can you guys spell F-E-L-O-N-Y and P-R-I-S-O-N?  Can you afford to lose your jobs and law licenses?  You better have thought that out because I'm coming with facts and evidence much worse than what the judge documented in trial.

You sit in your arrogant suits and think you have it figured out.  You think you are above the law and can get away with anything you please.  Check yourselves because here is how it works in the real world.  This is a bar fight.  Not the DC social bars you guys go to.  A real bar.   The guy who wins a bar fight isn't the best puncher or the one with the best MMA choke holds.  The guy who wins is the one who is willing to die to win.  I've been there with those stakes on the line.  Have you?  I hope you're ready.

You're not going to look good in orange jumpsuits with "DOC" on the backs.  Don't drop the soap, sleep with your backs to walls and make sure your pod doesn't allow broom handles to be present after lights out.

I'm gunna see to it that you are braiding cornrows wearing halter tops and lipstick before this is over.

http://www.examiner....ettlement-order

#6517 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 24 October 2014 - 01:57 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Feds to appeal case against former ATF agent

Its back on bitches!  Let's go!  I was content with Judge Allegra's opinion.  DOJ has changed all that!  Holder and crew want to keep fighting.  Lets just start today, right now, this second. 

#6516 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 24 October 2014 - 11:29 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

The battle continues.

Today DOJ and ATF appealed the judge's decision on my lawsuit.  It will now be heard before the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.  When?  Not sure.  How long?  Maybe years.

But,

I will never give in and I am excited to now have a panel of judges examine what ATF and DOJ have done.  ATF and DOJ want more scrutiny on their conduct?  Let's go!

I wrongly believed that they would not want any more exposure on what dirty and corrupt organizations they are running but it appears that they have not yet felt enough pain.  They will.  I promise.

Got some insider scoop from a DOJ source.  I cannot validate this but it is an interesting perspective.  I was told that DOJ is out to tank and dismantle ATF circuitously and that this case is being used as a pawn to display how poorly ATF is managed.  The attention given the judge's opinion did not reach the "critical mass DOJ anticipated" and additional oversight of ATF's conduct may get them there.  Sad.

#6515 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 24 October 2014 - 09:57 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

The battle continues.

Today DOJ and ATF appealed the judge's decision on my lawsuit.  It will now be heard before the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.  When?  Not sure.  How long?  Maybe years.

But,

I will never give in and I am excited to now have a panel of judges examine what ATF and DOJ have done.  ATF and DOJ want more scrutiny on their conduct?  Let's go!

I wrongly believed that they would not want any more exposure on what dirty and corrupt organizations they are running but it appears that they have not yet felt enough pain.  They will.  I promise.

#6511 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 14 October 2014 - 01:01 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Check out the book Toxic Boss Blues http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/098988127X

It has just been released.  Very enlightening.  Author Steve Neal breaks down the break downs in law enforcement management.

Some of the chapter titles:  The Bully, The Arrogant, The Indecisive, The Incompetent, The Micromanager, The Untruthful, The Morally Bankrupt, The Suck-Up, The Egghead.

#6506 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 07 October 2014 - 10:08 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

As a personal example.  If you read the judges opinion on my lawsuit, look at Vidoli did, and didn't do.  They just promoted him to AD Field Ops.  That's one good example of why ATF is incapable of improvement under this regime.  They hold no shame.

Mr. Jone and Mr. Brandon...............Read this story and take notes.

#6492 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 02 October 2014 - 11:31 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

ATF SPECIAL AGENT VINCE CEFALU WINS!

ATF and DOJ folded in the 11th hour and settled his case pre-trial. 

They beat on him and taunted him and tried to humiliate him for 8 years.  He weathered the storm, fought back, never gave in or quit and, in the end, he broke them.  He set an example to all agents who feel like they have no choice but to take the abuse.

If this case had gone to trial ATF executives would have lost their jobs behind the evidence.  Disgusting and despicable behavior.

When is America, Congress, DOJ going to have had enough with these ATF bosses trying to crush the life out of their employees in retaliation for doing the right thing?  Where are you Congress?  Do the whistleblower protection laws count or not?  DO SOMETHING!

The best part: a rep of the government told Vince that ATF Director B. Todd Jones hates him (Vince) more than any other person on earth. 

That is a compliment and badge of honor.  That guy is a lousy POS who thinks nothing of sacrificing agents who dare say something he doesn't like.  Who cares what B. Todd thinks about anything?!?!  He's biggest misfit Director in the history of ATF and that is not easy to do.

B.Todd, put on your next resume that you wrecked the lives and careers of more good agents than any of your predecessors.

Jones and his coattail-riding, muppet-groupie, executives need to be fired. 

Guaranteed - everyone of those no-balls followers that say yes to everything he wants will be mf-ing him the second he resigns or is fired-Guaranteed.

#6491 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 02 October 2014 - 08:34 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Vince Cefalu's trial starts on Monday in San Francisco.  The treatment he has received is yet another example of ATF management's mistreatment of an employee and DOJ's expensive effort to defend it.  If you are in the area and want to hear the truth and facts, I believe it is open to the public.  Shame, shame, shame on ATF.  There is no 'low' to which they are unwilling to sink.  Expect the facts to be disgusting.

Special Agent and Whistleblower Vince Cefalu's Trial Against ATF For Retaliation Starts Monday

http://townhall.com/...-today-n1899847

#6489 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 01 October 2014 - 11:30 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

ATF's leadership would never resign.  They've never made a mistake - just ask them.  Power of the press.  Its the only oversight that seems to accomplish change in DC.

The Secret Service Director did the right thing after her people let the secrets out of the bag.  Just imagine what our agents have to reveal if they get the opportunity to speak before congress.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=25889952

#6484 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 30 September 2014 - 02:07 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

If you are so inclined, these are the staffers to contact.  They are the ones who make a difference and advise their Congressmen and Senators on what is important.

mike.ringler@mail.house.gov;

leslie.albright@mail.house.gov;

jeff.ashford@mail.house.gov;

diana.simpson@mail.house.gov;

colin.samples@mail.house.gov;

robert.bonner@mail.house.gov;

matthew.smith@mail.house.gov

Stephen.Castor@mail.house.gov;

Tristan_Leavitt@judiciary-rep.senate.gov;

ryan.little@mail.house.gov;

Bart.Forsyth@mail.house.gov

Amy.Bos@mail.house.gov;

Ben.Miller@mail.house.gov;

Chris.Terris@mail.house.gov

Dear Staff Members to the Committee on Appropriations,

My name is Jay Dobyns.  I am a retired ATF Agent.  I recently won a verdict in the United States Court of Federal Claims against ATF.  The case was defended by DOJ.  The broadest view of my lawsuit was retaliation.

I know that you do not review agency personnel matters.  But, I also know that you are very interested in Fraud, Waste and Abuse.

The Fraud, Waste and Abuse committed by ATF and DOJ over the six-year span of lawsuit was done knowingly, intentionally and with a disgusting disregard for your oversight.

I am not asking you to take up for me.  I have done that for myself. 

I am asking you to examine the conduct of ATF and DOJ in this matter and form your own conclusions if the money you appropriate to those agencies was spent with America's best interest at heart.  Millions of dollars were wasted and without your examination of the facts, that process will be empowered to continue.

I have attached two documents for your review.  My News Release and the Opinion of Judge Francis Allegra.

Below are some media links to preliminary coverage of the story.  It is far from over.

Respectfully,

Jay Dobyns

(310) 991-2837

Fox News Judge rebukes ATF over treatment of agent who infiltrated Hells Angels  http://www.foxnews.c...d-hells-angels/

ABC/AP  Retired Agent Awarded $173,000 in ATF Lawsuit  http://abcnews.go.co...awsuit-25552099

Daily Caller Undercover Hero Wins Landmark Case Against Holder’s DOJ  http://dailycaller.c...st-holders-doj/

Examiner ‘No Angel’ Dobyns wins 'David and Goliath’ challenge against ATF  http://www.examiner....nge-against-atf

Townhall  https://townhall.com...ingNewsCarousel

Phoenix New Times  http://blogs.phoenix...in_court_ru.php

#6483 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 30 September 2014 - 12:20 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

"At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst." - Aristotle

#6476 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 27 September 2014 - 03:19 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Update: My trial has now been defined for U S District court in San Francisco. CANT Make this up. Oct 6 we begin with a jury trial on ONE count. Once that's concluded(probably 2 days), we will go into a bench trial on remaining counts (The remaining 3 days). The good news, the Judge ruled that the Gov. cant use the NAME calling defense, ie try to bring up every cuss word or joking email to defend their actions. He ONLY wants the facts. SIMULTANEOUSLY, The Office of Special counsel is defending the bogus termination proposal from over 3 years ago and will be conducting discovery etc while my civil trial is going on. Then after my trial is over we will again go into court for yet another hearing on this issue.

This is insane. I have generated a Freedom of Information Act request to determine how much $$$$$$ ATF/ U S Attorneys office in San Francisco is spending of YOUR money, to burn me simply because I did what I was sworn to do, (they have not responded). Sad but these two trains are going to wreck shortly. Truly my only wish is after 8 yrs. YES you heard it 8 Yrs, that those responsible are held SERIOUSLY accountable so this can never happen to anyone else.

I think it would be safe to say that the Millions of dollars and tens of thousand of man hours expended to destroy Special Agent Dobyns, Special Agent Dodson, myself and MANY others could have been put to better use in advancing our mission against violent crime. But who am I to say. Much Love ALL. Stay Tuned.

It is called Fraud, Waste and Abuse and is in the wheelhouse of the Appropriations Committee that controls DOJ and ATF budgets to examine to see how badly those agencies are squandering the taxpayers money.

#6473 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 27 September 2014 - 09:10 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

“The world is a dangerous place, not because of the people who are evil,

but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

- Albert Einstein

#6466 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 25 September 2014 - 09:33 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

This was just sent to me.  Couldn't resist posting.

Jones Holder.jpg

#6465 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 25 September 2014 - 09:11 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Perhaps now some integrity will be restored to the DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE. Not certain what ATF Execs will do without his protection.

You're welcome.  http://www.washingto...c=al_comboPEN_p

What you gunna do now Jones?  Yep, and take Brandon with you.

And by the way B. Todd, in spite of your aspirations you WILL NOT BE the nominee to replace him.

#6463 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 25 September 2014 - 08:33 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

You're welcome.  http://www.washingto...c=al_comboPEN_p

What you gunna do now Jones?  Yep, and take Brandon with you.

#6462 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 23 September 2014 - 08:44 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

In response to the below mention of DD Brandon's message to field regarding the bill introduced to take ATF, as we know it, out of play.

Brandon wrote: “Yesterday, a bill was introduced in the House of Representatives proposing to merge our Bureau with other federal law enforcements agencies. This is not the first time such legislation has been introduced, and may not be the last. It comes with the territory. On February 27th of this year, I had the honor of testifying before the Congressional Committee to which this latest bill was referred. During my testimony I honestly admitted that we could have done things differently with some of our storefront operations and that we had enhanced our policies to ensure better leadership and oversight in these types of operations.”

Do Brandon and Jones think this elimination bill is about storefront mistakes?  Do you get extra credit for testifying 'honestly"?  The bill is about your consistently inconsistent mismanagement of ATF.  They came in to fix things but only made them worse.  I don’t hold Jones and Brandon accountable for what those before them did.  I do hold them accountable for using the scared, non-leadership tactic of claiming the-past-is-the-past and for everyone to move on to not do anything.  They had the responsibility to fix what they inherited and prevent it from continuing.  They didn’t and made it worse.

Brandon wrote: “I was very open and forthright in my testimony before Congress, and today, as always, I will be candid and open with all of you:”

From personal experience this is a lie.  Others have similar experiences.  “Always”, “Candid and open” you are not.  While you were trying to force my retirement and supporting DOJ’s known false position to the court that ATF's IAD report was irrelevant to my case, you were holding that very report away from me.  I only got it because the judge ordered it to me.  Apparently your always open and candid meme did line up with Judge Allegra’s assessment because he cited the report throughout his findings, found it entirely relevant, and was dismayed that you took no action to correct any of the conclusions.   You were the opposite of candid and open.  You were deceitful and covering up.

Brandon wrote: “I've had the honor as serving as your Deputy Director for almost 3 years now. And while serving as your Deputy, I expect my leadership to be always be evaluated, from both inside and outside of ATF. It also comes with the turf and it is not unique to ATF. I accept that and wouldn't want it any other way. But know this: The Director and I will always be honest and open with all of you and support you in what you do every day for America.”

Niether you nor Jones are open to evaluation.  Where should I start with the list of people you’ve crushed who disagreed with you?  It is long and distinguished.  Actually some of your inner circle have told me that the retaliations I experienced from you and Jones are because of I hurt your feelings over the things I wrote or said about you.  Not one thing I said or wrote is false and can’t be backed up.  Your both so sensitive its embarrassing.  Man up and grow a pair.

Brandon wrote: "Under the leadership of Director Jones we have all made great progress, moving forward and improving."

Really?  How so?  Why would you embarass yourself by writing this to the field?  Explain in at least minor detail what “great progress” has been made.  One real example will do.  You have been the DD for three years.  At that time, ATF was in bad shape but there was no bill in existence to terminate the agency.  In the 3 years you guys have been in charge that has come about.  Moving forward and improving?  Just stop.  Your flattering yourselves.  You’ve failed and have ATF on the verge of extinction.  Maybe if you keep telling yourselves how good your doing someday it can come true.  Try clicking your heels together.

THE MOST RECENT REFLECTION OF YOUR "LEADERSHIP" IS YOUR PROMOTION OF MARVIN RICHARDSON.  READ THE OIG REPORT SUBMITTED AS A PART OF MY LAWSUIT. 

THE OSC AND OIG CONCLUDED THAT RICHARDSON LIED TO THEM DURING THEIR INVESTIGATION.  HE BURIED THREAT SITUATIONS AGAINST ME THAT ALLGRA CITED IN HIS OPINION. 

RICHARDSON LIED TO COVER HIS INCOMPETENCE BUT MADE THE MISTAKE OF TRYING TO IMPLICATE OTHER AGENTS TO PROTECT HIS LIE.  UNFORTUNATELY FOR 'MARVELOUS' THEY WEREN'T COVERING FOR HIM AND TOLD THE INVESTIGATORS HE LIED. 

MARVIN THEN CAME TO HQ AND IMMEDIATELY MADE "LESS THAN CANDOR" AN EVENT THAT SUPERVISORS COULD NOT BE TERMINATED FOR.

WHY IS ATF READY TO BE EXTERMINATED?  BRANDON AND JONES ARE WHY AND ALL THEIR PUPPETS WHO WOULD RATHER HAVE THEIR AGENCY CRASHED THAN STAND UP TO THEM.

#6461 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 23 September 2014 - 07:59 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Same to you Mr. Haggerty.  I fully understand why people don't want their name in the open.  The whistleblower blows and those who enforce them are a joke.   You recieve no protections from those laws.  ATF laughs at them knowing that no one is ever going to follow up and hold anyone accountable.  I have equal admiration for you revealing your name to the public.  Yours / Ours is not an easy path.  If it was easy everyone would do it and we know they don't.

#6460 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 23 September 2014 - 07:53 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

I am taking some of Jay's advice to heart so I am revealing my true name so that folks will know who I am.  I've worked for ATF for over 18 years where it had ups and downs.  I've had to endure terrible work environments but in the end it became too much to bear and I left for a lower paying job where I work hard every day to help out merchant mariners get their credentials and my current regime of supervision is light years better than what I got with the Bureau.  What I will be doing to strike back at the injustices I've received at the hands of my last terrible boss I don't rightly know just yet.  But I plan on doing something along the vein of clearing my reputation to start with.  I averaged a time off or service act award every year I was with the Bureau until my last boss showed up whereupon I received nothing but her complaining about me.  If I was so bad then why did I receive great performance appraisals from them every year?  Also, since I've left I've received a 40 hour time off award and a service act award for doing great at my current job.  But in any case thanks to you Jay among others here as you have helped inspire me to do something about it.  It may take years and it might be for naught but I will do something and that hopefully right soon.

Mr. Miller, this is not an easy path and it takes an enormous amount of courage to reveal yourself.  I applaud your courage and hope that it will inspire others to give real examples about real people who are damaging ATF and its employees.  Thank you for being brave.  J

#6452 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 22 September 2014 - 08:07 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Based on what Ive read, it is reasonable to expect that Agent Dobyns should strongly pursue his Congressional contacts to initiate an investigation into the malicious conduct and waste of tax payers Dollars. If I had to guess, ATF/DOJ used taxpayer $$$$ for a vendetta using information they KNEW to be false. Much like the prosecutors sanctioned for Pursuing the Alaskan Senator. There should be a full audit and investigation into the ATF/DOJ attorneys conduct in the Dobyns matter.

Of course they did.  ATF spent hundreds of thousands to trying to get me for nothing.  DOJ spent millions.  But, Congress or any other oversight body isn't going to do anything.  Do they ever?  If the answer is yes, please tell me where and when.  That is why people like Jones and Melson and Loos and Bouman always find a soft landing.  My fight is done.  I've taken it as far as I can.  Its time for someone else to step up besides the few regulars like Cefalu.  Most of the people posting and reading here are afraid to use their real name or even name, by name, the people who are harming the agency.  I understand why but either mount up or live with what you are left with (not 'you' as in "Loyal to ATF", 'you' as in the ATF employees who bitch about everything at the safety of Starbucks or in a cubicle but want everyone else to fight the fight for them and make their worlds right so they never have to take any risk themselves).

#6449 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 21 September 2014 - 07:34 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

I think that Jones and Brandon are following their orders to a tee.  Look at the ridiculousness of their decisions and DOJ's constant support and protection of them.  Jones was brought in to tank ATF for Obama and Brandon is his muse.  I wouldn't expect anything of Jones.  He has no lineage here.  But for Brandon it is unforgivable.  When he goes along to get along he watches the agency that his peers were always committed to.  They have both given ATF up to the wolves.

Jones can put on his resume that a federal law enforcement agency was destroyed under his supervision.

Brandon will go down as the Benedict Arnold of ATF. 

Plenty of chances but they did nothing.

#6446 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 19 September 2014 - 09:51 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

As Goodworker noted the full Opinion is a long read.  Some of bulk has been removed here to help those interested read easier.Attached File  Synopsis of Opinion from Dobyns v. USA.pdf   5.8MB   17 downloads