bandit's Content

There have been 1 items by bandit (Search limited from 02-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1059 Grapevine

Posted by bandit on 10 October 2010 - 02:21 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Fiscal responsibility and SOD, such a contradiction. They are so used to doing things illegally, that they have lost sight of the truth, and why they carry a badge. Traveling on the G, for personal reasons, ….. ask a meber of SOD who traveled from Shot Show in Las Vegas to FLETC to assist with the SRT K9 re-certifications. Oh,… did I mention that he never showed up, except to meet his girlfriend……, who just happened to be assigned to ATF in FLETC. ATF sent out a long and “cover their a$$” letter explaining the selection of Glock handguns. Why would they choose to ignore the fact that SOD personnel carried them officially, while wearing Glock hats and rain gear, prior to the selection? No, they did not stop there, SOD went ahead and qualified the personnel assigned to the Director’s detail, who in turn carried Glock for a while, once again done before the selection of Glock . No there was NO pre-selection there. Ask SOD to explain the Glock hats and rain gear…… As far as equipment, rumor has it that SOD just purchased over 150 M4 uppers made by HK (10 inch barrels), for the SRT super warriors. This at a cost of over $1500.00 dollars an upper. Did I forget to mention that SRT already has over 150 Colt uppers in FTB, which were purchased years ago, to replace the worn out barrels. Did I mention that the cost of the 10 inch HK uppers cost more that an entire colt M4, and that buying an HK upper, nullifies the warranties from Colt. Next time you see an SRT operator with a new HK upper, simply ask them WHY????? Next time you have a case, and your RAC tells you there is no money for your investigation, make sure you thank SOD. $1500.00 per SRT Warrior, for cold weather gear, are you kidding me????? Is that how much a jacket and pants cost???? Multiply that times 150 Warriors. No there is no fiscal responsibility here…………… Why did we switch from UNITEC to ADS (GRS), well, could it be that some SOD member plays golf, on a routine basis with reps from ADS……. Was the uniform contract with UNITEC such a high priority in the Bureau…… to go through such a drastic change. I guess we have no other priorities…….. A little too much golfing maybe….. Speaking of pre-selection……….., the SAC of CIMB position was modified so that Durastanti could apply, and once again the SOD Deputy Chief announcement was modified for Durastanti again……, are we developing a pattern here.