vinnie's Content

There have been 2 items by vinnie (Search limited from 12-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1959 Professionalism in ATF

Posted by vinnie on 07 April 2011 - 07:56 PM in Archived Posts

Dear Pioneer

Glad you're here and sorry you feel the way you do. However, please understand that the vast majority of field agents are honest, hard-working law enforcement personnel who perform their duties with the utmost of integrity. There is no other federal agency that has SA's who will drop everything at home when their local police call needing assistance on a search warrant scene, officer involved shooting or dealing with the illness or death of a family member or partner.

Further, you would be hard-pressed to find an 1811 in the outfit who agrees with the laws that Congress has written and further I doubt you will ever find one that has personally written or had any influence on a law currently on the books. As far as "GunRunner" and "Fast and Furious" are concerned - I've been around long enough to know that when a case is in legal proceedings and bound by 6e rules very little information is available to anyone outside that 6e list. Revealing that information would be illegal and unethical - and most agents are not willing to risk their integrity to answer questions they are not permitted to answer.

Corruption is not limited to this outfit, or Federal law enforcement - there are "bad apples" in every department - fed, state and local. It sickens me at any level. I believe in the 2nd Amendment - but most people that quote that 2nd Amendment would find it difficult to cite what the other Amendments state - proof that people only learn about what helps their cause.

ATF management leaves much to be desired, but they are no different than Chiefs of Police, Sheriff's and DPS Commissioners in at least 22-25 departments I am familiar with.

"there are "bad apples" in every department"
And the bruised apples that they hide behind, that don't speak up. And the soft apples at the top that don't do anything about it, or encourage it. I am just one of those people on the street. I didn't swear any oaths to uphold the law, but I have been told I could be charged with a crime if I saw crimes being committed and didn't report them. Nice to see that "higher standard" you guys are held to working.

#1727 Suggestions for the Acting Deputy Director

Posted by vinnie on 06 March 2011 - 08:45 PM in Archived Posts

I am not ATF. I do not want the ATF destroyed. If even significant fraction of the alleged facts are true I think the "destruction" of the ATF is not the worst case scenario. 2 federal agents killed by "walked guns". How many other citizens were killed? If you tell yourself that the criminals would have obtained guns anyway what are you getting paid for? You just admitted that the ATF is ineffective. If the criminals would not have obtained the guns anyway how many murders are the people who made these decisions accomplice to?