Santino's Content

There have been 1 items by Santino (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#2347 Grapevine

Posted by Santino on 26 May 2011 - 03:07 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

[quote name='Doc Holiday' timestamp='1305485694' post='2284']
It appears these recent changes are as well thought out as our Project Gunrunner, ESF 13, and our NRT management of the last year. Moving for the sake of moving can only be personal agenda drivin. Lets break this down logically. Mark Potter, one of the most whiny obstructionist NON law enforcement minded bosses in the country is now a DAD over a larger law enforcement component? Mr. Potter has NEVER done this job and quite frankly wouldn't recognize a convict in a penitentiary. Three months ago he cried because they wanted to make him head bean counter and it was embarrassing. So what does he do? Something NONE of us line agents aren't allowed to do, he TURNS DOWN THE TRANSFER and PROMOTION "do to personal reasons". Apparently those personal reason were rapidly resolved because NOW HE CAN take the transfer to HQ. This is bullshit Mr. Melson and YOU KNOW IT. Are we making room for Chait when Congress BLASTS his incompetence publicly?

Mr. Mcmahon the Edgar Domenech minion who has never had an original thought or made a decision in his entire managerial career goes to Internal Affairs? Is that a joke? He's now subordinate to yet ANOTHER LAWYER? Bill was a good, if not really good Agent, he should have stayed there. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasnt he the DAD for the entire gun-walking debacle? Didn't he fail to stop it, or report it as prescribed by policy and law? And now hes heading internal affairs? That's another great one Ken. Put a guy with NO personal integrity in charge of the integrity police. At least you know NO MANAGERS will be held accountable while quiet Bill is in internal affairs, only the Street Agents.

Greg Gant - Will probably elevate the professionalism of PGA after Thomasson and Ford have made us the laughing stock on the Hill and in the media. Not a horrible call.

Tom Brandon - No brainer. Not like Mr. Melson had a choice, he HAS to get this one right. Brandons No nonsense, all business. However, Phoenix' gain is clearly Detroits loss.

Mike Boxler - another good choice, but why not just make him ADFO instead of DADFO. Why create yet another expensive position when we all KNOW Boxler will be, and should be ADFO. Chait should and MAY be fired or prosecuted. If you're gonna send him to Philly, where he has been wanting to go and pretend its a punishment for Gun-walker, then just do it. We already have wayyyyy too many SES do nothing positions.

Ron Turk? Who know, and who cares. That pretty much says it all.

Joe Riehl - A poor Agent, and terrible Supervisor and a worthless Manager. Not my words. That came directly from the OIG, but as we all know ATF couldn't care less what the OIG says.

This shuffling, shell game doesn't impact the Bureaus leadership skills AT all. Mr. Melson has said we have NO move money. In fact we are at 1/3 of our normal transfer budget. Yet, this short term foolishness is going to cost the tax payers, at the BARE MINIMUM, Approx. 8 PCS moves at the cost of between $130,000 and $180,000 per move. Guess we do have discretionary move money. Are these bosses ever going to apply for a position and LEFT THERE to do their job? I think we see a theme here as to why we have no consistency in policy and leadership. Expect yet another NEW and IMPROVED strategic plan in the weeks to come.

*In regard to SAC Greg Gant - Sorry to be the bearer of bad news; He is probably the worst SAC and manager I have been associated with my entire career. I would guess his transfer is result of his mismanagement and EEO suits filed on him during his brief stay at the Atlanta FD.