Retired Agent Jay Dobyns's Content

There have been 78 items by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns (Search limited from 19-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#6627 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 04 February 2015 - 10:10 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

This video has nothing to do, and everything to do with what is going on in my case.

I was asked to narrate a video for Arizona Football that defines their term OKG - Our Kind of Guy.  It talks about toughness and resiliency.  Thirty years after I played, the University of Arizona still recognizes me as the epitome of that definition and asked me to explain it.

Its as if the script writer wrote this piece like I was talking to DOJ and ATF leadership.

Holder, Jones and Brandon should have been more careful on who they pick their fights with.  They flat out don't have what it takes to beat me.  I'm not the toughest guy out there but I sure-as-shit can whip the shit out those pussies every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

#6629 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 06 February 2015 - 12:14 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Thank you Senator Grassley for digging deeper.  He is a good and honorable man doing the job he has been repeatedly elected to.

Here is yesterday's Statement from Senator Grassley regarding the Judgeship vetting of Jeanne Davidson.  Ms. Davidson was a ringleader and supervisor of the DOJ attorneys fighting my case and who have now been alleged to have committed fraud before the Court.

If she did nothing wrong then she should be confirmed.  If she did have a hand in the fraud then she doesn't deserve to be a Federal Judge.  Simple as that.  I know this, personally I would not trust her answers and would want to go beyond what she submits to test her crediblity.  A person being awarded a Federal Judgeship must be held to a standard of full transparency, accountability and honesty.  I trust that Senator Grassley will get to the rock bottom truth.

Attached File  02-05-15 Grassley Statement.pdf   94.85KB   9 downloads

The key language (bottom of page 2):

I believe both the Davidson and Botticelli nominations can be voice voted.
However, before we vote on the Davidson nomination, I wanted to note that recently unsealed
court documents in the case of Dobyns v. United States have prompted some questions that need
to be answered. I want to follow up with her regarding the extent of her involvement in the case.
So we’ll report her out today, but I’ll be sending her some additional questions that will need to
be answered before her nomination is considered on the floor.

My attorney contacted Ms. Davidson directly five months before trial began with allegations of fraudulent conduct by the DOJ attorneys Ms. Davidson was supervising.  She fluffed off the allegations as "unfounded", "without merit", and that, "no inappropriate conduct has occurred"We all now know that not be true, the exact opposite in fact.  She took personal ownership in vouching for her attorneys and their credibility and further discussing their conduct with DOJ "officials".

Ms. Davidson was either - asleep at the wheel - covering up the actions of her subordinates - protecting fraud, or - all of the above.  She needs to explain the who, what, when, where, why and how she arrived at such a powerful and condescending response to real allegations of attorney misconduct.

Keep in mind that DOJ's internal affairs has advised the Judge they will not investigate the allegations (following in Davidson's footsteps).  Hmmmm? 

Can you say "Special Prosecutor"?

Attached File  13-0208 Jeanne Davidson - Re Dobyns (3).pdf   59.18KB   7 downloads

Dear Mr. Reed,

This letter responds to your various email communications alleging improprieties by David Harrington, counsel of record for the United States in this matter.  I have reviewed your email messages, correspondence, pretrial materials and other documents including the recording of the early meeting of counsel and the report of investigation in the pending personnel action.  Additionally, I have met with Mr. Harrington, as well and Donald Kinner (the immediate supervisor on the case) and Corinne Niosi (trial attorney assisting with the case).  Because we take seriously any allegation of potential impropriety, however unfounded, I have considered your complaints and discussed them with officials within the Civil Division.

Mr. Harrington is a senior trial counsel who has handled numerous complex matters throughout his tenure at the Department.  He is particularly experienced in Court of Federal Claims rules and procedures.  Mr. Harrington has always kept his supervisors appropriately apprised about case developments and has earned the respect of his supervisors, peers and Judges for his professionalism, preparation and judgement.  Based on my review as described above, I believe that your complaints are without merit and that no inappropriate conduct has occurred.

#6601 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 23 January 2015 - 11:20 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

tumblr_nfvpsryIf11td37ydo1_1280.jpg

#6598 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 23 January 2015 - 09:17 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

I said all along they were cheating.  Everyone was like, "sour grapes, disgruntled agent, whiny narcissist, etc."  Just a fraction of the dirty games ATF and DOJ played on me are coming out.  Reporters are finding it all on their own with no prompting from me (below).  This is only the portion of what Judge Allegra has unsealed and allowed to be exposed.  More and better dirt on these people is coming.  The evidence of abuse from the trial?  That's old news and minor compared to DOJ / ATF attorneys and witnesses defrauding federal courtrooms and judges.  Jones and Brandon knew/know about this and did NOTHING, yet they call themselves "leaders".  They are executive bagboys. DOJ is defending the reputations and careers of corrupt attorneys - the very same attorneys who tried to frame me and lied, cheated and stole to do it.  They are all paid to cover for Holder and his "team" and do so shamelessly.  Justice and truth are not their missions.  Coverup and self protection is.  To them "Justice" and "Truth" are meaningless words carved in the facades of their buildings.   This is the tip of the iceberg of what is yet to come.  Can't wait to see ya all raise your right hand on the stand in a Federal courtroom.  Tell the truth, if not, can you spell P-E-R-J-U-R-Y?  Take careful consideration to how you look in orange jumpsuits before you answer.  Don't drop the soap.

I can only make one guarantee. Its not of victory. Its that I will not quit and will not be broken. They fucked with the wrong cowboy.

For the ATF and DOJ "Team" still trying their best to wreck me, this is for you.  There is an "i" in team!

Ahole.jpg

http://tucson.com/ne...b6dd6cc964.html

Steller: Unsealed Dobyns files look bad for DOJ
ARIZONA DAILY STAR

Tim Steller, columnist at the Arizona Daily Star.

Retired ATF agent Jay Dobyns’ lawsuit against the federal government alleged they broke a settlement deal with him and mistreated him, in part by calling him a suspect in the 2008 arson of his own Tucson home.

Newly unsealed documents in his case suggest that the government misbehaved during the trial in 2013, leading to DOJ attorneys being barred from filing further documents in the case. More eerily, the misbehavior may have extended to surveillance of Dobyns’ Phoenix attorney even up into this month.

For people like me, who have sympathized with Dobyns but tried to reserve judgment about his case, the documents push us further into the retired agent’s camp. You can’t read the few filings that have been unsealed in the case without wondering why the Justice Department is going to such extremes and spending so much on what is, at base, a relatively minor contractual dispute that could have ended years ago.

The case began in October 2008, went to trial in 2013 and reached an apparent conclusion in August 2014 when Court of Claims Judge Francis Allegra awarded Dobyns $173,000, a fraction of what he had demanded. But in between, Dobyns published a book about his infiltration of the Hells Angels and became a fierce critic of the agency’s Operation Fast and Furious, a Phoenix-based investigation that led to thousands of guns being smuggled into Mexico.

Maybe that’s why, when I took a peek into the sealed courtroom in June 2013, the Justice Department had four attorneys and two paralegals at their table, to Dobyns’ one attorney and one paralegal.

One of the recently unsealed documents, a Dec. 1 opinion by Judge Allegra, finally explains why in October the judge voided his original decision, made in August, to award Dobyns $173,000. (He later reversed his decision to void the judgment, which still stands.) The reason: The judge believed that Justice Department attorneys had “committed fraud on the court.”

One area in which Allegra decided deception had occurred was in the treatment of Thomas Atteberry, the special agent in charge of ATF’s Phoenix office, and Carlos Canino, then the assistant special agent in charge of the agency’s Tucson office. In 2012, a Justice Department attorney, Valerie Bacon, asked both Atteberry and Canino not to reopen the investigation into the arson at Dobyns’ Tucson home because it could hurt the Justice Department’s defense in this case.

Atteberry and Canino were listed as witnesses in the case, but the judge didn’t hear about the DOJ effort to squelch the investigation until the trial, which he considered a concealment by the Justice Department. They went ahead and reopened the case, which remains unsolved, anyway.

More alarming was the other “fraud on the court” that Allegra cited: “An ATF agent who testified in this case may have been threatened by another witness during the trial.” Justice Department attorneys ordered the agent not to report the threat to the court or he would face repercussions, Allegra said.

A separate filing by Dobyns’ attorney, James Reed, identifies the threatened agent as Christopher Trainor and says the threats have since been reported to the Justice Department’s Office of Professional Responsibility. In earlier years, Trainor conducted an internal investigation into ATF’s handling of the fire at Dobyns’ home.

Understanding the Dobyns case through its sporadically unsealed filings can be a bit like trying to grasp a book by reading every 10th page, but it seems that this apparent misconduct by the DOJ attorneys is what led Allegra to make a dramatic ruling on Oct. 24. That day, he barred seven Justice Department attorneys who had led the case until then from making any further filings in the case. The DOJ is fighting that ruling.

But perhaps the most bizarre and worrisome allegations emerged in Reed’s Jan. 11 filing, which was originally filed under seal but unsealed by the judge except for a few redacted words. Reed, who is based in Phoenix, wrote that he “has felt himself under extreme surveillance for the last sixty days, both fixed and moving, and under lesser levels of surveillance for many months before that.”

“In the last 30 days,” Reed wrote, “counsel’s automobile has been broken into but with nothing stolen, as apparently has been his home, for which counsel has filed Phoenix Police Department complaints.”

Reed reported in his filing that he asked a retired ATF agent whom he knows, Joseph Slatalla, an expert in surveillance, about his experiences. Slatalla was also a witness in the Dobyns case.

“Slatalla confirmed that the undersigned is not imagining these things; undersigned counsel is under both fixed and moving constant surveillance by multiple personnel.”

In fact, after Slatalla met Reed at his law office in December, someone driving a car parked at the office followed Slatalla home, Reed wrote. Reed asked the judge to schedule a status conference to discuss the apparent surveillance and whether it is being conducted by the Justice Department.

Let’s assume for a minute that Reed is imagining things — or at least that if he is being watched, it isn’t by the Justice Department. Let’s even assume that the “fraud on the court” that Allegra has found was just an innocent misunderstanding.

It still boggles the mind why the DOJ has fought Dobyns so hard for so long and at such great cost, even after a loss at trial that was so narrow it could almost be called a win.

#6587 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 07 January 2015 - 02:48 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Attached Thumbnails

• Pat Flyer.jpg

#6630 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 06 February 2015 - 01:15 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

More.  http://blog.jaydobynsgroup.com/?p=780

#6667 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 12 March 2015 - 11:11 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Status on my case for those interested.  http://blog.jaydobynsgroup.com/?p=808

THE SEVEN

The United States Court of Federal Claims has appointed Judge John Facciola (ret.) to serve as the Special Master to conduct the continuing investigation of fraud by government attorneys and executives during their defense against my lawsuit.

I am both pleased and excited by the appointment. Judge Facciola has an impeccable track record and I will place my faith and trust in him, just as I did Judge Allegra, to ferret out the truth. It is there somewhere. Like a gold nugget buried deep in mountain, I just have to go mine for it.

In many ways, a Special Master is the civil courts’ version of a Special Prosecutor, only more powerful and influential on the process and the outcome.

Judge Facciola will oversee and participate in this investigative process. He has been appointed to assist our trial judge, Judge Francis Allegra, so as to free Judge Allegra to continue to dedicate his attention to his judicial duties, such as conducting trials. When this post-trial proceeding is completed, Special Master Facciola will deliver his findings and recommendations to trial Judge Allegra.

A deadline for the process has been set for May 30, 2015. That date may be extended upon request by Judge Facciola and approval by Judge Allegra if deemed necessary.

Judge Allegra will then consider the results of Judge Facciola’s findings and recommendations and determine if the conduct revealed by this investigation had an impact on Judge Allegra’s final trial court opinion in my case. If yes, then Judge Allegra has the authority to issue a new, or at least supplemented trial opinion and judgment. I’m not sure exactly how that will work. This truly is groundbreaking in many ways.

Judge Facciola has determined that the details of his investigation will remain sealed during this process. Once the findings and recommendations are delivered to Judge Allegra, then Judge Allegra will determine if any documents that were protected during this special proceeding will be unsealed. I will not be able to publish any investigative details or results until a ruling to unseal has been issued.

The starting point for the investigation is this: in certain unsealed opinions, orders and memoranda filed by the parties, seven Department of Justice attorneys have been barred from submitting further filings with the court by Judge Allegra for alleged fraud on the court. To my knowledge, this is unprecedented.  I am also alleging certain ATF executives participated in the conspiracy.  Only time and further investigation will tell.

I am quite sure they are oiling the shredders and sledge hammering hard drives at ATF and DOJ right now.

Federal judges are dispassionate and carefully calibrated in what they write in their orders and opinions, because what they order has the force of law for the affected parties. They are not quick to accuse without a strong belief. Investigators and attorneys are also subjected to case law (Giglio and Henthorn cases) that require the disclosure of personnel records as related to honesty. If the outcome of this proceeding is to find fraud by DOJ attorneys, I do not know how

DOJ ever again sends those particular lawyers into a courtroom to represent the United States.  They simply cannot.  But, they use lots of paperclips and staples at DOJ and someone has to count them.

We will investigate whether other attorneys beyond the seven should also ultimately be included.  In cooperation with the Court we will eventually determine who did what and who thought they could keep it secret.

I say they committed fraud and crimes, DOJ defends that they didn’t. That is why we have impartial courts.

Call it justice, karma, bad pizza – whatever you want. One thing is for sure, the accountability for their conduct will be a dish best served cold.

#6799 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 03 September 2015 - 08:54 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

How is it that the media like Paul Giblin, David Codrea and Katie Pavlich can understand this and Congress can't? 

The aides for Chuck Grassley, Trey Gowdy and Jason Chaffetz have been briefed on this for years now and yet the legislators sit on the sidelines like benchwarmers. They hold press conferences and brag to the public about their whistleblower protection laws and how much they care but when given a prime opportunity to get in the game and play they are content to just watch. 

DOJ you're gettin' your's but ATF's leadership is guilty too.  They know the full story.  Brandon, Turk, Gleysteen are the equivalent of a back up quarterbacks standing next to the head coach (DOJ) wearing a baseball cap and holding a clipboard not doing or saying a thing; just along for the ride and collecting a paycheck.  They agreed to this.  They supported it!  "Its out of my hands."  "Be patient."  "DOJ is running this now."  Pathetic and cowardly leadership at its finest.  You three are dirty and I ain't done with you by a damn longshot. You may be escaping responsibility and accountability for now but there is no way that's going to last.  Heaven forbid Congress interview me.

You guys better find a better way to break me than what you've done so far because this is full on war.  And it better be more than trying to frame me for an arson, someone willing to kill his family by fire, hiding and covering up the truth and trying to turn the tables on anyone who's called you out or supported me, sue me, harass my friends and attorney, crush my finances - been there done that.  I'm waiting for your next slander and libel attack.  You know where to find me 'cause I ain't going nowhere.

You guys are bullshit as leaders and all the awards and military medals can't hide that anymore.

"The first casualty of war is the truth." - Hiram Johnson, U.S. Senator - 1918

Read on:

Attached Files

#6780 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 02 August 2015 - 02:38 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Arizona Daily Star, January 22, 2015, Reporter Tim Steller:

"For people like me, who have sympathized with Dobyns but tried to reserve judgment about his case, the documents push us further into the retired agent’s camp. You can’t read the few filings that have been unsealed in the case without wondering why the Justice Department is going to such extremes and spending so much on what is, at base, a relatively minor contractual dispute that could have ended years ago."

http://tucson.com/news/local/column/steller-unsealed-dobyns-files-look-bad-for-doj/article_c880c43b-6f55-5201-b0b8-0ab6dd6cc964.html

#6686 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 25 March 2015 - 12:38 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

In additon to the drone debackle Vince posted below read these on Brandon.

http://www.americant...f_director.html

http://www.examiner....t-investigation

Based on personal experience Brandon was a hard working and smart agent.  Based on the reviews of trusted peers he was a good first line supervisor to work for.  He had his agents backs.

Then what happened?  In my opinion power corrupts and Brandon has been corrupted by his position.

His Marine service is explary and should be honored and respected.  His work as an agent and group supervisor are viewed in flattering light by those who worked with and under him.  But, based on personal experience all that took a wash when he became Jones's Deputy.  Based on personal experience Brandon forfieted all those morals and ethics that he had developed early on.  He became a weak puppet for his superiors when he needed to take a stand for us.

When Assistant Director Ron Turk retailated against me for calling out Jones and his crew of incompetents as the criminals that some of them are/were, only after Darrell Issa sent a letter to Holder telling them what they were doing to me was illegal did Brandon back off the assault on my career and make excuses for Turk's idiotic moves.  Turk didn't have the courage to face me himself and Brandon came to the rescue to protect his incompetent partner.

Brandon was sitting on the ATF Internal Affiars reports without letting me see them or knowing what they contained when he attempted to extort me off the job with a lame lawsuit settlement that hinged on my immediate resignation from the job.  "There no place left for you at ATF, Jay.  It is my decision that you have to leave."  What later came out of those once hidden reports and what was proven at trial was that ATF undertook a riduclously overzealous attempt to destroy me, frame me for the attempted murder of my family by an arson, and then lie about and cover-up their actions.  Brandon tried to keep that his personal secret when I met with him.  He knew word for word what those reports contained, what they proved internally, and he tried to bluff me into a resignation.

Brandon gave a free pass, no discipline, to every single person who was engaged in the conduct against me - those that were criminal in attempts to frame me, those who retaliated by removing each and every article of protective countermeasure I had to protect myself, and, those who sued me for my book claiming I damaged ATF while at the very same time ATF displaying my book in ATF Headquarters using it to promote the accomplishments of the agency.  This is who will now lead ATF into the future.

Brandon made a conscience decision to defend criminals and corruption.  His decision.  No one elses.  I don't care how dedicated and loyal you may be, you can never be ordered to break the law.  And with integrity, you should never accept or go along with blatantly failing justice.

When Jones and Brandon arrived my hopes for an honest workplace and great leadership were through-the-roof-sky-high.  They were raised as Marine's for God sakes.  How would any of ever imagine how terribibly they would fail on those codes.  Jones was never invested in ATF, he was only put in place to carry out the wishes of Holder.  But, Brandon, that was the biggest disappointment.

Why?

Because a man that was trusted, admired and respected from the field gave that all away when he looked in the eyes of the right thing to do and then turned his back.  Not only turned his back on justice, truth and fairness - he went proactive to defend and support all those who's corruption he inherited.

There was never a better time or place for any one single person to fix ATF.  Brandon had the ATF world at his feet.  We all looked to him to be remarkable as his resume led everyone to believe he would.  Instead he failed so miserably that the Jones/Brandon regime will be remembered as the most retailatory and disrespecting of the field in our history.

Power corrupts.  It alters peoples DNA.  People's chemistry for greatness, their souls, are sometimes disolved in exchange for titles and influence.  Don't expect one single damn thing to change now that Brandon is in charge.  He has already established a track record for doing what he is told vs. doing what he knows is right.

I'm not the best guy on the planet but at least I can look myself in the mirror, own my failures, be accountable for my mistakes and have a clear conscience that I never tried or wanted to hurt or damage anyone.  I never pushed back against ANYONE who didn't shove me first.  Tom Brandon doesn't, won't and can't say the same.  He's learned his job at the foot of the worst, Jones.

The Special Master review process for the alleged attorney corruption in my lawsuit is underway and Brandon's fingerprints are going to be on it as well.

Expect him to salute and march to whatever orders he is given from above, regardless of how dirty those may be.  Just like Jones, he knows exaclty where his bread is buttered.  And just like Jones, he will land softly on his feet, ultimately in a new career and life and not ever bother to look back on the shame and corruption they left behind for the rest of us to deal with.

#6679 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 21 March 2015 - 12:49 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

My tribute to Pat and Gina Kelly. 

http://youtu.be/JIkHCTxEwas

When the threats on me were extreme and after my house was set on fire and when only a couple of people at ATF cared if my family and I were safe, my Angels on Earth came running.

Many already retired for years like Patrick Kelly, Charlie Dawson(Fuller), Radford Fox, Gene Rightmyer, Les Jones , Billy Queen, and Tim Bunz, with others still on the job like Carlos Baixauli, Jimm Langley, Steve Gunderson, Vincent A Cefalu, Chris Bayless, Tom Mangan, Louis Quinonez, Joe Slatalla, Mike Hildick and Tristan Moreland all offered to come to Tucson with their squirrel rifles and figure out who did it and did so with the support of their families.

They didn't want or need permission to do the right thing. This collection of men were not the most loved by ATF but, they were my Angels. That is one of many reasons why my love for them is so strong and why my loyalty for them is undying. I have truly been blessed to have lived in the Company Of Heroes.

Fight on Patty. We love you back as much as you have loved us. God speed and blessings on you and Gina Kelly.

#6554 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 25 November 2014 - 06:56 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

This is not the ideal forum for this commentary but so many law enforcement people read here I thought I would re-post a piece I wrote on my Facebook page. 

From Facebook 11.25.14:

Since the Ferguson shooting 41 police officers have been killed in the line of duty - men, women, black, white, Latino, Asian.

No one rioted for them. No one from the Obama administration attended their funerals. Their deaths serving the public were limited to a blip on the public radar, consolations from within the the law enforcement world and a black band over the badges of their peers in remembrance. The media barely reacted.

I'm hearing lots of "as a black person" we are free to be shot and killed. Ignorance and racism is disgusting but if there is truly an "open season" it is on the police. Cops are free to be attacked, shot and killed because they wear a badge or a blue uniform. And guess what? It happens everyday to zero fanfare or protest.

You really wanna know what it feels like to have a target on your back and a bounty on your head? Try being a cop. The haters don't care what color you are. They hate what you stand for. And, people of all colors accept it as a cost of doing business.

When I went to Los Angeles in 1992 to assist in riot control, below is what I faced - "X" outs and sniper bullets (under my arm on the drivers door). I drove from Arizona to California with lights and sirens at 100 mph to work to assist a community that did not look like me. I didn't go so much to quell rioters as I did to help protect the good, innocent, hard working people in South Central, most of whom were black. It wasn't just me, two dozen of us from Arizona, mostly white, raced to try and help in a community to which we had no ownership and was almost entirely black.

It was not about white or black or oppression of a culture or a verdict. It was about right and wrong and many of us willingly placed ourselves in harms way to do it. No one said thanks. None needed to. It was just what "those dirty white cops" do. No appreciation or concern was, or is, required. Honored to have tried to help.

Grace to ALL involved in Ferguson rioting - protestors and police - and in demonstrations around the country. Very sad days for all people who live here.

1074831_541438559227268_1057466346_o.jpg LA Riots001.jpg

#6551 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 19 November 2014 - 08:46 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

27 years ago today.  First week at work, bullet in the back, through the lung and out the chest.  The ambulance chaser attorneys were all over it begging me to let them file a claim on my behalf.  I declined.  All I wanted to do was be an ATF Agent.

It was an amazing experience and I crossed paths with so many incredible people.  Thank you to the good and great partners, friends and peers that touched my life and career.  I was blessed to be a small part of it all.

Shootout Article.jpg

A special thanks to the Agents in the Tucson Field Office in 1987.  Most notably Lee Mellor and Larry Thomason as well as my trauma surgeon Dr. Richard Carmona.  Three great men and mentors.  You saved my life.

#6473 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 27 September 2014 - 09:10 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

“The world is a dangerous place, not because of the people who are evil,

but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

- Albert Einstein

#6476 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 27 September 2014 - 03:19 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Update: My trial has now been defined for U S District court in San Francisco. CANT Make this up. Oct 6 we begin with a jury trial on ONE count. Once that's concluded(probably 2 days), we will go into a bench trial on remaining counts (The remaining 3 days). The good news, the Judge ruled that the Gov. cant use the NAME calling defense, ie try to bring up every cuss word or joking email to defend their actions. He ONLY wants the facts. SIMULTANEOUSLY, The Office of Special counsel is defending the bogus termination proposal from over 3 years ago and will be conducting discovery etc while my civil trial is going on. Then after my trial is over we will again go into court for yet another hearing on this issue.

This is insane. I have generated a Freedom of Information Act request to determine how much $$$$$$ ATF/ U S Attorneys office in San Francisco is spending of YOUR money, to burn me simply because I did what I was sworn to do, (they have not responded). Sad but these two trains are going to wreck shortly. Truly my only wish is after 8 yrs. YES you heard it 8 Yrs, that those responsible are held SERIOUSLY accountable so this can never happen to anyone else.

I think it would be safe to say that the Millions of dollars and tens of thousand of man hours expended to destroy Special Agent Dobyns, Special Agent Dodson, myself and MANY others could have been put to better use in advancing our mission against violent crime. But who am I to say. Much Love ALL. Stay Tuned.

It is called Fraud, Waste and Abuse and is in the wheelhouse of the Appropriations Committee that controls DOJ and ATF budgets to examine to see how badly those agencies are squandering the taxpayers money.

#6449 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 21 September 2014 - 07:34 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

I think that Jones and Brandon are following their orders to a tee.  Look at the ridiculousness of their decisions and DOJ's constant support and protection of them.  Jones was brought in to tank ATF for Obama and Brandon is his muse.  I wouldn't expect anything of Jones.  He has no lineage here.  But for Brandon it is unforgivable.  When he goes along to get along he watches the agency that his peers were always committed to.  They have both given ATF up to the wolves.

Jones can put on his resume that a federal law enforcement agency was destroyed under his supervision.

Brandon will go down as the Benedict Arnold of ATF. 

Plenty of chances but they did nothing.

#6446 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 19 September 2014 - 09:51 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

As Goodworker noted the full Opinion is a long read.  Some of bulk has been removed here to help those interested read easier.Attached File  Synopsis of Opinion from Dobyns v. USA.pdf   5.8MB   17 downloads

#6439 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 17 September 2014 - 10:01 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

10671498_10202695628007566_7408183549768443691_n.jpg

#6483 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 30 September 2014 - 12:20 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

"At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst." - Aristotle

#6516 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 24 October 2014 - 11:29 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

The battle continues.

Today DOJ and ATF appealed the judge's decision on my lawsuit.  It will now be heard before the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.  When?  Not sure.  How long?  Maybe years.

But,

I will never give in and I am excited to now have a panel of judges examine what ATF and DOJ have done.  ATF and DOJ want more scrutiny on their conduct?  Let's go!

I wrongly believed that they would not want any more exposure on what dirty and corrupt organizations they are running but it appears that they have not yet felt enough pain.  They will.  I promise.

Got some insider scoop from a DOJ source.  I cannot validate this but it is an interesting perspective.  I was told that DOJ is out to tank and dismantle ATF circuitously and that this case is being used as a pawn to display how poorly ATF is managed.  The attention given the judge's opinion did not reach the "critical mass DOJ anticipated" and additional oversight of ATF's conduct may get them there.  Sad.

#6549 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 18 November 2014 - 02:37 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Hey Jones, Brandon, Turk -

Your "experts" testified at trial that ATF doesn't investigate arson or bombing on residences.  They did so under oath.  You've seen the transcripts and you were OK with that testimony as it applied to me.

Then,

ATF offers $2,500 reward for info in Uptown firebombing

http://www.wwltv.com...ebomb/19183857/

Quotes from the story:

"Federal Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents are offering up to $2,500 for information that leads to an arrest in the Nov. 6 firebombing at a local political consultant's Uptown home."

"ATF, along with our law enforcement and fire prevention partners, understands that this type of violent criminal act has a devastating impact on the victim, as well as the community," (Phil) Durham said in a statement. "We will use every available resource to bring this investigation to a successful conclusion."

Agents begged the ATF executives in charge of the arson of my home to offer a reward.  ATF refused.  You still haven't.  You're strait, power-corrupt hypocrites.

You can't cheat in the courtroom but, if you are going to then at least win.  You cheated and lost.  You can't do the wrong thing right. 

You can't be aware of the cheating and lying and then not fix it.  You three are responsible.  You can't interfere with the process of criminal investigation in order to protect your corrupt civil defense of my allegations.  You're dirty in this.

You are not outside the blast radius at all.  It's still going and more and more info of how low you all are is coming in daily.  You're gutless.

Can't wait until you take the stand and have to testify under oath.  Then we are all going to learn who you really, really are.  Disgusting fakes.

I am like a kid with Christmas approaching just dying to open his presents.  That's how I feel about you having to answer up.

#6521 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 25 October 2014 - 01:00 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

I'm saying here and in the open. Obama, Holder, DOJ Attorneys, ATF leadership - you are punks and bitches.

This ain't over by a long shot. They are appealing to delay the inevitable - a full exposure of their crimes corruption in this matter that was not documented in the Judge's opinion.  There is dirt here that very few know about yet.  I was going to let this end but DOJ decided it needed to stay alive so its f***ing on!

You can run but you can't hide you f***ing sissies. Now I'm even more determined to make sure everyone finds out about them.  You want to keep the fight going?  They reap the whirlwind of what you did.  Can you guys spell F-E-L-O-N-Y and P-R-I-S-O-N?  Can you afford to lose your jobs and law licenses?  You better have thought that out because I'm coming with facts and evidence much worse than what the judge documented in trial.

You sit in your arrogant suits and think you have it figured out.  You think you are above the law and can get away with anything you please.  Check yourselves because here is how it works in the real world.  This is a bar fight.  Not the DC social bars you guys go to.  A real bar.   The guy who wins a bar fight isn't the best puncher or the one with the best MMA choke holds.  The guy who wins is the one who is willing to die to win.  I've been there with those stakes on the line.  Have you?  I hope you're ready.

You're not going to look good in orange jumpsuits with "DOC" on the backs.  Don't drop the soap, sleep with your backs to walls and make sure your pod doesn't allow broom handles to be present after lights out.

I'm gunna see to it that you are braiding cornrows wearing halter tops and lipstick before this is over.

http://www.examiner....ettlement-order

http://www.azcentral...obyns/17847349/

I'm coming with all of it.  With all the information that they thought slipped through the cracks.  All the dirt that they thought the Judge would never see or know about.  I told you to trust me and that the trial opinion was going to be brutal.  It was.  Now trust me again.  The behind-the-scenes story of what took place and that I was choking down is going to get let out and it is very bad.  Disgusting bad. 

#6519 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 25 October 2014 - 08:50 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

I'm saying here and in the open. Obama, Holder, DOJ Attorneys, ATF leadership - you are punks and bitches.

This ain't over by a long shot. They are appealing to delay the inevitable - a full exposure of their crimes corruption in this matter that was not documented in the Judge's opinion.  There is dirt here that very few know about yet.  I was going to let this end but DOJ decided it needed to stay alive so its f***ing on!

You can run but you can't hide you f***ing sissies. Now I'm even more determined to make sure everyone finds out about them.  You want to keep the fight going?  They reap the whirlwind of what you did.  Can you guys spell F-E-L-O-N-Y and P-R-I-S-O-N?  Can you afford to lose your jobs and law licenses?  You better have thought that out because I'm coming with facts and evidence much worse than what the judge documented in trial.

You sit in your arrogant suits and think you have it figured out.  You think you are above the law and can get away with anything you please.  Check yourselves because here is how it works in the real world.  This is a bar fight.  Not the DC social bars you guys go to.  A real bar.   The guy who wins a bar fight isn't the best puncher or the one with the best MMA choke holds.  The guy who wins is the one who is willing to die to win.  I've been there with those stakes on the line.  Have you?  I hope you're ready.

You're not going to look good in orange jumpsuits with "DOC" on the backs.  Don't drop the soap, sleep with your backs to walls and make sure your pod doesn't allow broom handles to be present after lights out.

I'm gunna see to it that you are braiding cornrows wearing halter tops and lipstick before this is over.

http://www.examiner....ettlement-order

#6517 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 24 October 2014 - 01:57 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Feds to appeal case against former ATF agent

Its back on bitches!  Let's go!  I was content with Judge Allegra's opinion.  DOJ has changed all that!  Holder and crew want to keep fighting.  Lets just start today, right now, this second. 

#6436 Grapevine

Posted by Retired Agent Jay Dobyns on 16 September 2014 - 10:17 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

http://blog.jaydobynsgroup.com/?p=578

The Opinion in my lawsuit has been published.  Read it and weep.