Loyal to ATF's Content

There have been 17 items by Loyal to ATF (Search limited from 28-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#6505 Grapevine

Posted by Loyal to ATF on 07 October 2014 - 03:36 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Scratching my head as to why ATF leadership didn't take the same steps as the VA?
http://www.theblaze....o-major-scandal

Mr. Jone and Mr. Brandon...............Read this story and take notes.

#6504 Could use some advice Here.

Posted by Loyal to ATF on 07 October 2014 - 03:34 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Well,

It has been a couple of weeks since I received a letter from them stating they would respond to my FOIA request and, it seems that Disclosure Division is very good at hiding behind their answering machines and not too good at actually returning my calls.  I guess they could use some remedial training at customer service just like the vast majority of the agency.  Stephanie Boucher!  I am calling you out.  You are the one who is in charge and lets garbage like this happen.  I am un-interested in just how busy your office is or budget cuts or sequestration or bunnies or whatever excuse you have because I've heard it all before and it just don't wash.  I will continue to call your office until I get a straight answer to my question so why don't you do me a favor and just answer the phones or at least return my call?  It's not that hard folks.

Remember, after 20 days, you have a right to remedial intervention from the courts and THEY have to pay for it. Could get damages too.

#6497 Grapevine

Posted by Loyal to ATF on 06 October 2014 - 02:14 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Schedule B conversion authority given to the Director?????? Why does that stink of lowering the bar? If you cant pass the TEA test after 4 years of college, it MIGHT suggest you're not a good fit for the Agency. Why would we WANT to convert sub-standard Agents?

#6478 Grapevine

Posted by Loyal to ATF on 29 September 2014 - 01:13 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Update: My trial has now been defined for U S District court in San Francisco. CANT Make this up. Oct 6 we begin with a jury trial on ONE count. Once that's concluded(probably 2 days), we will go into a bench trial on remaining counts (The remaining 3 days). The good news, the Judge ruled that the Gov. cant use the NAME calling defense, ie try to bring up every cuss word or joking email to defend their actions. He ONLY wants the facts. SIMULTANEOUSLY, The Office of Special counsel is defending the bogus termination proposal from over 3 years ago and will be conducting discovery etc while my civil trial is going on. Then after my trial is over we will again go into court for yet another hearing on this issue.

This is insane. I have generated a Freedom of Information Act request to determine how much $$$$$$ ATF/ U S Attorneys office in San Francisco is spending of YOUR money, to burn me simply because I did what I was sworn to do, (they have not responded). Sad but these two trains are going to wreck shortly. Truly my only wish is after 8 yrs. YES you heard it 8 Yrs, that those responsible are held SERIOUSLY accountable so this can never happen to anyone else.

I think it would be safe to say that the Millions of dollars and tens of thousand of man hours expended to destroy Special Agent Dobyns, Special Agent Dodson, myself and MANY others could have been put to better use in advancing our mission against violent crime. But who am I to say. Much Love ALL. Stay Tuned.

Is your trial open to the public? Will ATF be forced to act against Gleysteen and Downs? Will the San Francisco U S Attorneys office be held accountable?

#6477 Grapevine

Posted by Loyal to ATF on 29 September 2014 - 01:12 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

It is called Fraud, Waste and Abuse and is in the wheelhouse of the Appropriations Committee that controls DOJ and ATF budgets to examine to see how badly those agencies are squandering the taxpayers money.

Is your trial open to the public? Will ATF be forced to act against Gleysteen and Downs? Will the San Francisco U S Attorneys office be held accountable?

#6475 Grapevine

Posted by Loyal to ATF on 27 September 2014 - 10:04 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Does anyone else find it bizzare that ERIC HOLDER just got a job at Jp Morgan Chase. The SAME place former ATF big boss BILL MCMAHON went to work after overseeing Fast and Furious and then lied to Congress and double dipped with Brandons approval. Wow, A little scary. Wonder if Mr. JONES or brandon will be joining Chase.

#6453 Grapevine

Posted by Loyal to ATF on 23 September 2014 - 08:41 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

http://www.ticklethe...ity-on-records/

On the heels of legislation to ABOLISH ATF, the Dobyns decision completely destroying the credibility of our Executive leadership and Chief Counsels office, we are provoking criticism for mandating that citizens have to list their race on a 4473? Really, this is what we are focused on? There can be no mistake that Jones is serving some political agenda because that information serves NO legitimate enforcement or regulatory purpose. Bottom line, you must provide ID to buy a firearm and said ID has a damn picture on it. Therefore the ONLY reason for such a requirement is to establish some statistical data. Remember the term "A" political Mr. Jones? We are supposed to be neutral.

#6450 Grapevine

Posted by Loyal to ATF on 21 September 2014 - 07:35 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

As Goodworker noted the full Opinion is a long read.  Some of bulk has been removed here to help those interested read easier.attachicon.gifSynopsis of Opinion from Dobyns v. USA.pdf

Based on what Ive read, it is reasonable to expect that Agent Dobyns should strongly pursue his Congressional contacts to initiate an investigation into the malicious conduct and waste of tax payers Dollars. If I had to guess, ATF/DOJ used taxpayer $$$$ for a vendetta using information they KNEW to be false. Much like the prosecutors sanctioned for Pursuing the Alaskan Senator. There should be a full audit and investigation into the ATF/DOJ attorneys conduct in the Dobyns matter.

#6442 Grapevine

Posted by Loyal to ATF on 17 September 2014 - 06:03 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Words don't describe our sadness

http://townhall.com/...of-atf-n1893092

The result of Jones, Brandon and Turks new vision and promised reform. Thanks fellas. And this wasn't even a hard fix. Some visionary leadership, standards and ethic being ENFORCED against managers and all would have fallen in place. SO SAD

Legislation Introduced to Eliminate ATF Katie Pavlich | Sep 17, 2014
katiepavlich1.gif

c97b139c-3af2-4f9b-be95-1cd7af547c7e.jpg

Republican Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner has introduced legislation to eliminate the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, a federal law enforcement agency with 5000 employees. If passed, the legislation would dissolve the duties of ATF to the FBI and DEA. From the legislation:

To abolish the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, transfer
its functions relating to the Federal firearms, explosives, and arson laws, violent crime, and domestic terrorism to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and transfer its functions relating to the Federal alcohol and tobacco smuggling laws to the Drug Enforcement Administration, and for other purposes.

“Washington should be responsible stewards of the American taxpayers’ money. While all too often that is not the case, this is a good government bill to streamline agency activity at DOJ—increasing effectiveness while decreasing cost. The ATF is a largely duplicative, scandal ridden agency that lacks a clear mission. It is plagued by backlogs, funding gaps, hiring challenges and a lack of leadership. For decades it has been branded by high profile failures. There is also significant overlap with other agencies. At a time when we are approaching $18 trillion in debt, waste and redundancy within our federal agencies must be addressed. Without a doubt, we can fulfill the role of the ATF more efficiently," Sensenbrenner said in a statement about the ATF Elimination Act. 

According to Sensenbrenner there are two main goals for the legislation, "to eliminate and reduce duplicative functions and waste to the maximum extent possible, and to report to Congress with a detailed plan on how the transition will take place."

The legislation comes after years of corruption, Operation Fast and Furious and after a series of ATF stings in Sensenbrenner's home state of Wisconsin where agents took advantage of mentally disabled teenagers by giving them neck tattoos and teaching them how to commit crimes. ATF agents also lost track of a fully-automatic machine gun in Milwaukee after it was stolen from an unattended government vehicle.

#6425 Could use some advice Here.

Posted by Loyal to ATF on 05 September 2014 - 08:45 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

There would be a flood of good and loyal agents who would step up and show the public what kind of abuses occur in ATF/DOJ with our leaderships blessing and approval.

#6420 Grapevine

Posted by Loyal to ATF on 03 September 2014 - 08:07 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Does anyone know what if anything occurred at the recent FAAP meeting? Rhetoric or substance?

#6418 Grapevine

Posted by Loyal to ATF on 02 September 2014 - 09:18 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

If any boss committed an illegal act, then it can be assumed they probably lied at some point to cover up the act.  Last I checked, lying would be a violation of 18USC1001.  Even if so-and-so is retired, their lies probably occurred well within the statute of limitations, and thus they should be indicted and prosecuted for violating 1001.  You could probably even throw in violations of 1510, 1519 and a couple other statutes as well.

Let's face it, if one of us ever lied before retiring, and then it was discovered we lied, you can bet your butt that ATF, OIG, Main Justice and the USAO will come down on you like a hell storm.

Word is, now that Dobyns lawsuit is over, Congress can inquire into what occurred, how much it cost the tax payers and what the Director is going to do to prevent such abuses in the future.We would be very interested in those answers from our Director under oath. Especially since he showed his lack of character by NOT firing ONE Fast and Furious participant.

#6414 Grapevine

Posted by Loyal to ATF on 28 August 2014 - 10:06 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

http://www.ticklethe...ling-of-crimes/

Im surprised that #1 this is news. #2, if the FBI wants to complain about mission creep, lets talk about the hundreds of firearms cases they jump (and invariably screw up) every year. The countless times they interfere in FUL cases violating the "inspection" rules. Mission creep? Whwn did the FIB become arson and explosives experts? News flash, they didnt. But it has never stopped them from complicating significant ATF investigations.

#6403 Could use some advice Here.

Posted by Loyal to ATF on 18 August 2014 - 04:32 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

Hopefully others who are more knowledgeable will weigh in. Have you reached out to the OIG? YOU MAY WANT TO ALSO REACH OUT TO OSC again. Clearly you could make an argument for waste fraud and abuse. You potentially could file suit (not very expensive) to FORCE ATF to answer your FOIA AND you can get damages. Then armed with that info you may be able to find a lawyer to file some sort of employment discrimination or reprisal lawsuit. Maybe defamation?

#6397 Grapevine

Posted by Loyal to ATF on 16 August 2014 - 09:55 AM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

http://www.ticklethe...-down-on-gangs/

Why would the FBI bother? First, they should probably not release that they'll be out and about Friday and Saturday nites. Secondly and most importantly ATF has already announced that we are sending 7 new hires to tamp down the violence.

With all the unprecedented shootings in Chicago over the fourth, Why doesn't Mr. Jones and Brandon deploy their supercop Frontline surge program there? A surge by ATF is just the thing to end the gun violence. NOT

#6382 Grapevine

Posted by Loyal to ATF on 05 August 2014 - 01:25 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

That's actually a great idea. Good new is, the New Judge just ordered trial to continue as scheduled.

I hope your trial will be open to the public. Are the bosses subpoenaed? That in my humble opinion will be the BEST way to shine light on the abusive internal practices of ATF management. Either way, once the policy and law violations are captured on the record, you should consider reaching out to the OIG to initiate disciplinary actions. FORCE Jones and Brandon to hold their bosses accountable. Good luck. Its been going on far too long.

#6363 Grapevine

Posted by Loyal to ATF on 29 July 2014 - 05:25 PM in General ATF Current Affairs, News, Policies, Scuttlebutt, etc.

FYI,

You all have a right to file FREEDOM OF INFORMATION requests. The LAW states ATF MUST respond within 20 days. They are ignoring Agent/employee FOIAs. You can file a civil action for a small filing fee and FORCE them to provide the information AND receive damages. Several Agents have done so successfully. CUATF has access to tips to assist you all should this be your predicament. It is very unfortunate that what previously (a decade ago) was one of, if not THE most professional and effective law enforcement agency in the World, now feels that they are above the law. They have said in court during these type proceeding that it is a manpower issue. The courts are calling BULLSHIT on that. And so am I.