sadsack's Content

There have been 2 items by sadsack (Search limited from 29-April 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#1321 Professionalism in ATF

Posted by sadsack on 06 December 2010 - 09:36 PM in Archived Posts

Recently took the online mandatory ATF Professionalism training. I was so ashamed that at this point in my career ( 20 years) that we Special Agents have to take this remedial training. I learned that it is not good to lie under oath in court, to change my shirt if I spill a bottle of soy sauce before I appear in court, and to not "plant" evidence at a crime scene. Are you friggin kidding me? Does FBI, ICE, DEA or even the Girl Scouts have this mandatory type of training? All during this remedial Sesame Street training I thought back on my career and the number of times my RAC, ASAC and SAC had violated the points in this training. From misusing and damaging the the GOV, using the GOV on vacations, lending the GOV to family members, making open racial slurs when addressing white agents, producing fraudulent travel vouchers, going AWOL from work for weeks at a time and not telling anyone, sexually harassing and stalking female agents, borrowing (stealing) firearms while working as a Supv at FTB, lending your service issued firearm to your girlfriend, "borrowing" A/C funds, banging your secretary at work, lying under oath ( How many in mgt are giglio?), terrorizing employees ( My ex ASAC used to brag openly that he like to supervise his employees by fear and intimidation and nothing made him happier than giving agents days-off with no pay) but I digress... I could go on and on but am laughing hysterically. And did any of these in management receive any type of negative action for their "unprofessional" behavior? Hell no, they all received promotions.

#1320 PRE SELECTION

Posted by sadsack on 06 December 2010 - 09:15 PM in Archived Posts

In 2002 I put in for an Intell Position in a Midwest ATF office. I had 6 years experience as an Intell Officer active duty in the US Army plus time on JTTF and had a Masters degree at the time. Ten years as an 1811. I was the only one who put in for this position and was non-selected. Two weeks later same position re-announced and a female agent with zero experience and 3 years on with ATF was selected over me. She never even did a blue cover! Rumor had it that she was later dating the married ASAC there. She is now in management. Gotta love ATF- no wonder this agency is so screwed-up