atfsa's Content

There have been 12 items by atfsa (Search limited from 10-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#3066 Fox News: Senator Calls ATF on Allegations Agency Is Allowing Guns Into Mexico

Posted by atfsa on 20 July 2011 - 11:22 PM in "Operation Fast & Furious", "Operation Wide Reciever", "Project Gunrunner", "Operation Castaway", et al.

I don't have that answer, but I too welcome it asap. I can only guess that they want to conduct a thorough review and not make any premature statements (again).

#3064 Fox News: Senator Calls ATF on Allegations Agency Is Allowing Guns Into Mexico

Posted by atfsa on 20 July 2011 - 10:32 PM in "Operation Fast & Furious", "Operation Wide Reciever", "Project Gunrunner", "Operation Castaway", et al.

I know we agreed to let the fact-finding process play out and to readdress the Operation Castaway gunwalking allegations when an official release of facts is credibly made, which we all hope happens sooner than later. However, I just want to make a couple quick observations of Mr. Codrea's below article regarding the primary target, Mr. Crumpler. Mr. Crumpler is currently a convicted felon who voluntarily plead guilty to dealing firearms without a license (firearms trafficking) and is currently incarcerated as a result of an ATF investigation, Operation Castaway. Thus, Mr. Crumpler would certainly not be a fan of ATF, and he even stated that his goal in coming forward now (after the gunwalking allegations surfaced) is to get an early release from prison (despite already receiving substantial assistance credit) as well as to somehow receive his numerous seized firearms and money back from ATF. Even Mr. Codrea stated in this article that "no representations to accuracy or credibility are being made...", and we have to seriously question Mr. Crumpler's credibility and motivation. In any event, Mr. Crumpler wrote that most of his purchases and sales took place during the last half of 2009 and early January 2010, and ATF stopped him and solicited his cooperation in late January 2010. I believe that this shows that ATF moved quickly on Mr. Crumpler and perfected a complex, international firearms trafficking investigation in very little time (we all know how time consuming a complex firearms trafficking investigation normally takes), which is inconsistent with Mr. Crumpler's purported belief that ATF must have been watching him a long time. Mr. Crumpler merely speculates that ATF must have been aware of firearms being illegally exported; however, he admits that ICE (actually ATF and ICE) confiscated numerous weapons during the time of his cooperation (contrary to the recent false gunwalking allegations). Furthermore, Mr. Crumpler admits that ATF recently contacted his wife to assure her that Mr. Crumpler's case is not similar to the Fast and Furious case as reported in the news because ATF actually confiscated the firearms that Mr. Crumpler transferred. I am confident that we will find out that the numerous reported firearms exported to other countries (including Honduras) by Mr. Crumpler and his associates actually occurred prior to ATF's operation and unbeknownst to ATF. Mr. Crumpler’s attorney in this criminal matter actually became very knowledgeable of the investigation and prosecution, and last week he reported to The Tampa Tribune that he does not believe the recent gunwalking allegations regarding Operation Castaway. In the same article, which is linked below, The Tribune reported that these guns apparently wound up in the hands of criminals before Operation Castaway was even launched, according to federal court records.

http://www2.tbo.com/...scru-ar-243657/

#3003 Fox News: Senator Calls ATF on Allegations Agency Is Allowing Guns Into Mexico

Posted by atfsa on 18 July 2011 - 05:51 AM in "Operation Fast & Furious", "Operation Wide Reciever", "Project Gunrunner", "Operation Castaway", et al.

Microscope: I am not the ONLY person in Tampa who doesn't know that guns got walked. EVERYONE in the Tampa Division with any direct or firsthand knowledge knows that guns weren't walked, and there are numerous directly knowledgable Tampa personnel (agents, IOIs, Intel, support staff, etc) who have been discussing that recently and are also troubled by the false allegations. I am just the ONLY person in Tampa (or elsewhere) who took the initiative to post the truth here (hoping the truth would be embraced). I haven't seen any Tampa "sources" personally post the (false) allegations here, including any source who has stated that they have direct or firsthand knowledge that guns walked, and that is because no one credibly can. It now seems that it is unclear that "Operation Castaway" is actually the alleged case. Like I stated, it is misinformation that people believe to be true or want to be true to support an agenda, and the spread of the misinformation has snowballed out of control.

I believe we have all exhausted this disagreement a long time ago with no progress. So, let's just agree to let the fact finding process play out and we can readdress this when the truth officially emerges (in a credible manner).

#2947 Fox News: Senator Calls ATF on Allegations Agency Is Allowing Guns Into Mexico

Posted by atfsa on 15 July 2011 - 06:10 AM in "Operation Fast & Furious", "Operation Wide Reciever", "Project Gunrunner", "Operation Castaway", et al.

Microscope and Sandy: I am confident that the recently released allegations about gunwalking activity actually does concern Operation Castaway, and I know firsthand (as does the other dozens of ATF agents, local police, and IOIs intimately involved with the investigation) that the allegations are false. There were so many law enforcement personnel involved with the investigation that the truth that gunwalking did not occur certainly has and will continue to surface (it is just a matter of how it will be disseminate by ATF in a believable manner). I don't have or need a "source" providing me with that information. Tampa is a small division, and everyone knows everyone. I cannot imagine that there would be another major international firearms trafficking investigation involving Honduras without everyone in the division knowing about it, myself included. Since the investigation tapped into a large portion of the entire division's resources and personnel, I truly believe that, as investigative discussions circulated to and among non-participants, information was embellished and/or misstated. Through reading these posts and certain online blogs, it is obvious that certain Tampa agents actually do believe the Operation Castaway gunwalking allegations; however, again, the allegations are not true and the "sources" are merely releasing misinformation (that they incorrectly believe to be true). I understand the hesitancy to believe these gunwalking denials (I was just as disgusted as anyone with the F&F operation and its aftermath), and I hope that ATF management will immediately find a believable way to assure you, Congress, and the public that the allegations are false. This can't happen soon enough. In the meantime, any ATF agent here can always feel free to contact any member of the investigative team for direct assurances.

#2897 Fox News: Senator Calls ATF on Allegations Agency Is Allowing Guns Into Mexico

Posted by atfsa on 11 July 2011 - 10:41 PM in "Operation Fast & Furious", "Operation Wide Reciever", "Project Gunrunner", "Operation Castaway", et al.

Seriously Microscope? You already had the last word, and you are stating nothing new here. In your previous post you stated "If I am proven wrong I will be the first person to post here and say so. I challenge you to do the same." Well Microscope, I'll happily take that challenge and I look forward to your admission (I wouldn't take such a strong stance and risk my credibility if I was wrong, and there are enough people on this site who know my identity). I would have no reason to make this up. If I was in management, I certainly wouldn't try to convince a group of management haters on an anti-management website; why would I care about any of you if I was management? I tried to get my peer agents some comforting information because I thought they deserved the truth about Operation Castway after everything that we have been through with Fast and Furious and it's aftermath. I am not trying to protect anyone, certainly not anyone from management, but I do hope to protect the integrity of the investigation and maybe salvage perhaps a tiny bit of any possible remaining dignity of ATF. My posts were intended to inform fellow street agents, but based on some of these replies I regret even bothering. I guess we'll have to wait for the truth to emerge, but stop using information from the misinformed. Yes, your sources are indeed misinformed, and again I invite you or them to reach out to me to discuss further offline (and you can feel free to remain anonymous)

#2895 Improving ATF

Posted by atfsa on 11 July 2011 - 10:19 PM in Archived Posts

I appreciate the responses from those agents who tried to approach management and got beaten down. I also understand the history of this agency - I have been around here a long time. Due to the continuing fallout from Operation Fast and Furious and it's aftermath, I believe this agency is in the worse position it has ever been in during it's entire history - worse than the early 80s and worse than after Waco. I do fear that the abolishment of this agency is a more likely outcome than Congress, DOJ, etc. marching in and removing our entire management system. Management has to agree about the likelihood of abolishment, and they have to be getting embarassed and upset by the continuous exposure provided by CleanUpATF. They certainly monitor this site and understand it's powerful results and connections. Due to all these new conditions, perhaps they would be more agreeable to hear our voices now than they were in the past? Or, everyone really thinks it is a lost cause?

#2867 Fox News: Senator Calls ATF on Allegations Agency Is Allowing Guns Into Mexico

Posted by atfsa on 10 July 2011 - 05:12 PM in "Operation Fast & Furious", "Operation Wide Reciever", "Project Gunrunner", "Operation Castaway", et al.

Yes Microscope, I absolutely do dispute that, and it is these 4+ people and the "credible" leaks that have spread misinformation about this investigation (they are not referring to another mystery Tampa Division investigation).

These false allegations will cause ATF to have to unnecessarily expend a tremendous amount of time and resources to prove that they are false, which hopefully they will do asap. But, in light of Fast and Furious fallout it sure will be an uphill battle. I never claimed to be "the sole proprietor of truth and justice of ATF" - not even close. I do not have any firsthand knowledge of anything else or any other topic on this website, other than Operation Castaway; and, what I have written is the truth. I did think it would be a breath of fresh air for everyone here to learn the truth and have the record set straight from a brother agent. Yes, I understand the anonymity of the postings (you all have that protection as well in your postings and responses), but I did invite any ATF agent here to contact me offline to discuss further, which would help serve to verify the veracity of my claim. I am done sparring back and forth over this – feel free to discard my efforts and good intentions in these posts.

#2856 Improving ATF

Posted by atfsa on 10 July 2011 - 07:01 AM in Archived Posts

With the ultimate goal of saving ATF, I suggested banding together and attempting to improve ATF in-house in a more professional manner rather than continuously throwing the agency under the bus, releasing false allegations about an outstanding investigation, and making the entire agency appear to the world that we are incompetent overall. I even suggested using this forum to promote causes, promote ATF successes, exchange information, and encourage experienced agents to move into management and personally make a difference to improve this agency. I stand behind my post despite the negative and cynical replies. I want to see this agency improve, expand, and survive, but I truly get the feeling by the replies that some people in this great agency have just thrown in the towel. In reply to my post, I get called "ATFSES", "naive", "delusional", "lost and out of touch", etc. Are these replies truly the spirit of this website when an ATF street level peer suggests an alternative to improve this agency? Is that not our common goal? For those who have thrown in the towel, please ask yourselves what you did personally to try to improve this agency. Did you truly try anything other than listen to what others have done and then complain about it? I know that plenty of people have exposed themselves with ATF management and I admire their courage and attempts. However, I doubt that all potentially productive efforts have been exhausted. I will go a step further with my posting and volunteer to be the next street level agent to personally approach ATF management in an attempt to effectively and professionally give the street level employees a voice in an overall attempt to improve matters. For those who have replied that you are all ears and encourage such efforts, then I'll get us jumpstarted but I ask for your help. I do not have all of the answers myself, but I guarantee that if we get enough of us together to discuss options, discuss street level concerns, and iron this out, then we will come up with a feasible, productive alternative to throwing in the towel, publicly bashing this agency, and greatly risking the abolishment of ATF. It’s should be more about attempting to get solutions to a problem rather than making the problem worse. I already have some good ideas, and I want input from anyone else who would support this alternative effort (don't worry I won't ask those who have thrown in the towel and/or only wants to bash this effort and the agency). However, I am certainly not going to work through this process in a public forum for the world to see. So, anyone interested in supporting this alternative approach and anyone who wants input in exposing issues, addressing those issues, and suggesting solutions to those issues, then please send me a message or email, and feel free to remain anonymous. And, to the poster who suggested that I go fix ATF my way and those participating here will do it “our way” – good luck with that and let me know how it works out.

#2855 Fox News: Senator Calls ATF on Allegations Agency Is Allowing Guns Into Mexico

Posted by atfsa on 10 July 2011 - 05:37 AM in "Operation Fast & Furious", "Operation Wide Reciever", "Project Gunrunner", "Operation Castaway", et al.

Microscope - you know that once someone starts a rumor, then the rumor spreads, especially when so many people want the rumor to be true. There are definitely not many people "coming forward" releasing the Operation Castaway gunwalking allegations. There are many people who heard the rumors (likely started by one or two people with misinformation), and these people are releasing secondhand, thirdhand, fourthhand, etc. gunwalking allegations without any verification. I can assure you that no one intimately involved in Operation Castaway has "come forward" with the gunwalking allegations that have been posted here and elsewhere because all of those people know definitively that it is not true in the Operation Castaway investigation. I can also assure you that no records have been shredded or that there is anything to hide at all. It is a false story that has appeal solely because of Fast and Furious fallout and as a result of personal agendas. I cannot speak for why ATF releases information or why ATF doesn't release information. I cannot speak for anyone in management, but I certainly can speak as a street agent who has been intimately involved with this investigation, is offended by the allegations, and is trying to assure my street level peers that the allegations of gunwalking in Operation Castaway are false. I would think it would be a breath of fresh air to learn (or at least hear) firsthand that these allegations are false, but I get the feeling that some people here actually want the allegations to be true, which is disappointing. You are right, with time the information will come out, and you'll see then that I am speaking the truth.

#2840 Fox News: Senator Calls ATF on Allegations Agency Is Allowing Guns Into Mexico

Posted by atfsa on 09 July 2011 - 05:38 PM in "Operation Fast & Furious", "Operation Wide Reciever", "Project Gunrunner", "Operation Castaway", et al.

Vince - I can assure you personally that I am absolutely right regarding Operation Castaway. I just hope that people in this agency will stop criticizing an investigation of which ATF can and should be proud, especially in light of the recent embarassment surrounding Fast and Furious. Also, although some people may be trying to avenge certain management personnel, this is truly not the case to use (this is a case that ATF should be boasting about and using to demonstrate how this agency normally conducts ATF business). It certainly isn't fair to the RAC, the case agents, the involved IOIs, the Division office, and other numerous participating personnel who worked tirelessly for months on end to perfect an outstanding investigation. I am confident that I know who you heard your information from, and I agree they are honest and forthright agents. I have very high regards for those guys (as they do for me), and I routinely work jointly with them. Yes, they are indeed referring to Operation Castaway; however, I can assure you that none of them actually participated in the investigation or were directly knowledgeable of the investigative techniques utilized (they must have obtained incorrect information indirectly). I invite you and/or them to contact me directly to discuss further offline.

I want you to know that I have the highest regard for true undercover agents, such as yourself, Jay, and the rest of the bunch - you guys certainly are an impressive and unique breed who have always contributed greatly to the success of this agency. I wish you the best now and after your reinstatement.

#2827 Improving ATF

Posted by atfsa on 09 July 2011 - 10:59 AM in Archived Posts

I recently published a post entitled, “Operation Castaway”, which provides the truth of that Tampa Division investigation and prosecution in hopes of preventing the new falsehoods from snowballing out of control. I understand the “credible” source who leaked the false information to an anti-ATF rumor-mill blog, as well as most people on this site, hope to make positive changes for ATF, which is a noble cause that I embrace, but I am extremely concerned with some of the methods utilized and some of the blog sites that they align themselves with in attempting to accomplish this task. Please do some research on the individuals and organizations that we think are doing us a favor by allowing our voices to be heard, and if your goals truly are to improve the condition and management of this agency, then perhaps better forums should be explored. I believe this public ATF "improvement" experiment has snowballed out of control into widespread agency trash-talk, rumor spreading, bashing, and backstabbing, and a lot of employees are jumping on the bandwagon. Again, I support your cause, but I truly believe that airing out agency dirty laundry, throwing the agency under the bus, and publishing false, detrimental information about agency investigations / operations for the world to see will end up having potentially devastating, unexpected results... and it must stop. We all know (so I hope) that ATF is the greatest agency in the world with the best criminal investigators on Earth, and this agency should grow, strive, expand, and improve into the future (even recently fired Vince Cefalu wrote the same thing this week). However, the more we bash ourselves to the world the more incompetent we appear overall, and I would confidently believe that Congress would likely decide to abolish us rather than trying to replace all of the mid to upper management personnel, which seems to be the intended message of this website. I even read a few posts recently that some agents are on USAjobs looking for new jobs. Seriously guys? That's not the solution either... It's time to band together in a better manner than to continue to utilize the potentially disastrous techniques currently being employed by some, and this website can continue to serve its original purpose to promote causes, exchange information, and encourage experienced agents to move into management and personally make a difference to improve this agency, rather than continuously complain and publish untruths in hopes that someone else will make a difference for us. Let's be the professionals we truly are, and proceed a bit more professional towards our goals.

#2826 Fox News: Senator Calls ATF on Allegations Agency Is Allowing Guns Into Mexico

Posted by atfsa on 09 July 2011 - 10:39 AM in "Operation Fast & Furious", "Operation Wide Reciever", "Project Gunrunner", "Operation Castaway", et al.

I am a long-term ATF street agent who likely has worked with, knows, and/or respects most agents on this site. I feel the need to post here for the first time to set the record straight regarding Tampa's Operation Castaway. I will absolutely guarantee that I am more intimately knowledgeable with Operation Castaway than anyone else here on this website, and I will guarantee that what is being reported about this investigation / operation is false. First, I will start by stating that the Sipsey Street Irregulars blogs, and all of the other rumor-mills that copied their original, unsubstantiated, false story of Operation Castaway, are incorrect and irresponsible to publish those unverified untruths. It disturbs me greatly that Sipsey received their information from a "credible" ATF source. Well, perhaps this source may have provided credible information in the past, but the new information provided by this source about Operation Castaway is not firsthand information and has not been verified in any manner by the source, and the source cannot dispute that. Otherwise, the "credible" source would not have provided such false information (so I hope).

Operation Castaway was an extremely successful, long-term firearms trafficking investigation and prosecution in the Middle District of Florida (Google it). During the course of the investigation, numerous ATF personnel, as well as personnel from several different agencies, employed a variety of innovative techniques to identify targets, investigate violators, develop probable cause, and seize numerous firearms and currency, as well as search, arrest, and prosecute numerous intrastate, interstate, and international firearms traffickers, who had (prior to the commencement of the investigation) and attempted to continue (during the course of the investigation) to illegally divert numerous firearms from the Middle District of Florida to Honduras, Colombia, Venezuela, and Puerto Rico. During the course of the investigation, numerous investigative techniques were discussed, agreed upon, and ultimately implemented, all of which I will guarantee did not involve allowing guns to walk to Honduras or elsewhere. In contrary, the investigative and prosecution team made every effort possible to prevent any firearms from “walking”, and numerous firearms were seized under multiple pretextual and/ or ruse law enforcement activities. Everyone involved in the investigation and prosecution, as well as anyone who has heard the facts of the investigation, agrees that Operation Castaway was one of the most significant and leading ATF firearms trafficking investigations and should set the standard for future ATF firearms investigations.

I hope that the good people of this site (including the above mentioned “credible” source) spread this correct information, or at least make the effort to learn the truth. ATF does not need anyone falsely accusing us of wrongdoing (especially one of our own), and we certainly don’t need to decimate an outstanding ATF investigation and prosecution – we should proudly stand behind cases like Operation Castaway and highly promote the successes of this agency, not just promote mistakes or create false allegations about investigations because we believe it may promote an agenda. That is not fair to this agency and not fair to the great agents that make great cases everyday (don’t forget the brotherhood). Since ATF is comprised of the best investigators on Earth, I am confident that if any ATF agent on this website wants to discuss this case with me any further, then they should have no difficulties getting in touch with me. I would be more than happy to discuss this investigation with anyone in ATF who does not have ulterior motives.