#701 Fedupwrkr

Fedupwrkr

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

After five years in court I have closing arguments in my lawsuit scheduled and the Judge has made them open to the public!

February 18, 2014 (Tuesday) - 9:30 am - Federal Courthouse, Tucson, Arizona.  One month from today the public will get to see and hear what ATF did, and equally as important, what the current ATF leadership has defended and covered-up.  It is going to make America sick to their stomachs.

Another interesting post. What say Mr. Jones et al.?

The actions of Bouman in my lawsuit on behalf of ATF and with the support of the executive staff go beyond ethical and moral violations.  In my opinion (disclaimer) they are criminal and I am pursuing accountability for her, her legal team peers and those at ATF who knowingly supported her conduct.  The end of my lawsuit does not in any way mean the end of my attempt to have justice served.  Not by a longshot.

Good luck Jay to you and your attorney.  I pray all goes well.

#702 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

Word on the street is Sen. Grassleys office and members of Congress are looking into ATF funded junkets to ILEA Bangkok, BY SENIOR MANAGERS on a consistent basis which consisted of ten day trips to teach a 4 hour block of instruction. Word is, the affected managers were not subject matter experts, nor did they solicit the experts Bureau wide, and the kicker............................encouraged each other to participate primarily (bragged about), the loose sex trade rules while in Bangkok. Agents are being hammered for an off color email or slight of policy, but these guys are road trippin international?

#703 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:11 AM

Bad cases make bad case law. With thugs and gangsters running around shooting up our communities, ATFs leadership somehow thought this case would enhance public safety? This case cleared 3 levels of review inside ATF AND then again by the U.S. Attys Office. SHORT VERSION: RETIRED COP BUYS A GUN AT A BETTER PRICE FOR HIS UNCLE, AND UNCLE REPAYS HIM. VIOLATION? PERHAPS. FEDERAL CRIMINAL INTEREST? YOU DECIDE. I'M REASONABLY CERTAIN A STERN WARNING FROM ATF WOULD HAVE ENDED THE WHOLE MATTER.
http://bearingarms.c...kground-checks/

#704 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:57 AM

And the hits just keep on coming.

http://www.guns.com/...erations-video/

If oversight calls career U/C Agents who have had to do it the "right way", these hearings and OIG investigation is going to send shock-waves thru the NEW ATF. A long time U/C Operator made a statement recently that says it all. "Hell, if we could do all this crazy unethical shit back in the day, we could have tripled our arrests too".

Wondering out loud................What does it say when a Director cant find ONE competent Assistant Director INSIDE ATF to run our Congressional and media affairs? Is that why he canned Marianos? To make room for a friend from DOJ? OR, is he so distrusting of his own Executive staff that he wants to control the SPIN to Congress and the media.

Posted under another topic:

The information on Bouman's conduct is flooding in.  The corruption and cover ups of her across the board activity is out of control.  The people who have participated with her to hide it is going far and wide, up and down throughout the agency.  The best soap opera writer couldn't invent a story as good as this on their best day during their best fantasy.  Jones, you can hide her at the Library of Congress but not for long.  The USS Coverup is leaking bad and taking on water.

I will remind the Director, that the mere APPEARANCE of impropriety says it all. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck etc etc etc.

#705 Doctor

Doctor

FNG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationOver the horizon, beyond the sea...

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:01 AM

After five years in court I have closing arguments in my lawsuit scheduled and the Judge has made them open to the public!

February 18, 2014 (Tuesday) - 9:30 am - Federal Courthouse, Tucson, Arizona.  One month from today the public will get to see and hear what ATF did, and equally as important, what the current ATF leadership has defended and covered-up.  It is going to make America sick to their stomachs.

The actions of Bouman in my lawsuit on behalf of ATF and with the support of the executive staff go beyond ethical and moral violations.  In my opinion (disclaimer) they are criminal and I am pursuing accountability for her, her legal team peers and those at ATF who knowingly supported her conduct.  The end of my lawsuit does not in any way mean the end of my attempt to have justice served.  Not by a longshot.

Keep it shiny-side up Jay!

Doctor, Retired Detroit IRS

#706 just gotta shake your head

just gotta shake your head

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNever Never Land

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

ATF poor management, irresponsible co-workers and not being accountable for actions have caused many loyal, good, professional employees to feel this way and not getting any better. 

#707 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

Attached File  Lesson.jpg   87.25KB   0 downloads

#708 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

#709 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

Attached Files

#710 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

Attached are FOIAs I submitted to ATF and DOJ since this is the most transparent administration ever????? I suspect they will be denied or so heavily redacted that we cant make sense out of them.  Why is this relevant? Because we can the then compare the costs of the retalition against myself and others, to how much was spent attempting to fire george Gillette, Bill Newell, Bill McMahon, Billy Hoover, Mark Chait, Vanessa Mclemore and others.

I will BET that it isn't as much combined for ALL of these corrupt managers as me or other Whistle-blowers.

House oversight is monitoring. This outta be interesting.

Attached Files

#711 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

COMING SOON

"Changes in Criminal Investigations, Resources, and Coordination Partners of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives over the Past Decade."  It is scheduled to be published March 14, 2014, a day less than 2 months from now, and delivered to Lamar Smith, Chairman, House Committee on the Judiciary.

THIS AUDIT WAS CONDUCTED FOR OBVIOUS REASONS BASED ON OUR RECENT HISTORY SPANNING THE PAST 8-10 YEARS.

It will be interesting to see whether the Bureau and our leadership was forth coming or obstructed or misled the auditors.

For Example: Did the agency report the shameful and wasteful now infamous Vang Pao case (neutrality act violations) Charges dismissed resulting in the seizure of a black rhino horn?  This will be very telling. We hope Congressman Lamar Smith has a sense of humor.

Why is this relevant? Because many of those responsible for such blatant squandering of our precious resources, which resulted in the community NOT being one bit safer, are now BOSSES. THAT'S WHY IT MATTERS.

#712 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:31 AM

The vindictive hand bites one of its own.........AGAIN.

The vacant (Kiss of Death) position of Special Assistant to the Director position is once again filled. This less than prestigious position has previously been filled by those Executive managers who have failed so miserably, that they needed to be sat down in the broom closet pending their imminent retirement. Prior recipients include but are not limited to, Vanessa McLemore, Michael Bouchard, Joe Gordon and Bill Newell. Now add to the list, Richie Marianos. HOWEVER, this particular time out has an interesting twist. Prior recipients were placed in the position for breaking the law, violating major policies and shere incompetence. The story from insiders regarding the senior and decorated Marianos is that he confronted Director Jones personally with what Marianos believed was a total  and across the board lack or leadership on Jones part.

This begs to question: Is Mr. Jones leadership style ONLY to surround himself with YES MEN? And anyone who dissents, EVEN HIS INNER CIRCLE will be dealt with in Kim Jong Un fashion? Sorry Richie. Your loyalties have come into question in recent months. Perhaps you forgot where you came from. BUT, Cudos for having the balls to tell the Director what he needed to hear. If more of the Executive staff did this, we wouldnt be in the embarrasing position we are in today.

#713 Thor God of Thunder

Thor God of Thunder

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

I told myself that I would give this Director sometime before I began to openly discuss some of the issues at ATF.   I just want it to be known that I have been silent long enough.  I will be posting on a regular basis in the near future.  Just wanted to let you know that this agency continues to reach new lows that can not be ignored and continue to embarrass the men and women of ATF.  This is totally unacceptable.

Posted Image
For Clean Up ATF!

#714 Jaime3

Jaime3

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

Thanks Doc!!!

Every Whistleblower should go straight to Congress and the Press! Look at Eric Snowden.

The agency don't want to settle your claim!
They are instructed not to offer you more than $30-40k for all your fees and havoc.

The MSPB and EEOC is working with DOJ in keeping your complaint silent!
Show congress and the press what really happens to whistleblowers in the Fed Gov.
Especially under DOJ!

Show the U.S. the real truth about being a whistleblower.

#715 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

The below was posted today. If true it signals somebody got caught. Why has Ms. Boumans hasty departure not been posted on the ATF website as is consistent with those who leave under honorable conditions? No party? No fareful email? Really? After a dozen years at ATF and NADA? Why has no EEOC Executive at ATF been announced. Rumors swirl, but you are cautioned to not speculate. It could actually be a promotion inside DOJ or another law enforcement agency. No one would leave a prestigious position as a senior member of ATF Chief Counsels Office, unless of course THEY GOT CAUGHT. What will this do to all the cases she reviewed and decided as the head of ATFs EEOC office? In direct contradiction to the EEOCs MD 110? If lack of ethics or integrity or judicial misconduct led to her departure, why wasn't she fired. Again, speculation is not fact. Its not as if she left hastily for a job at the EPA or Library of Congress.  She has purposefully misled her bosses, and destroyed many hard working agents lives as "just doing her job". Then why is the music in the background playing ding dong the wicked witch is dead?

Jaime3

Posted Today, 03:35 PM

It's confirmed; Rachel Bouman is gone!
No more of that lying Witch in the EEO office.
Yippee!!!

Rachel Bouman recently sent a memo for a MSPB case in Chicago, where she totally lied.
I told that person to fax it to Congress next week, turn that BS in, along with the Sup for bending numbers

The MSPB and EEOC are working for these
agencies. There's no since of thinking that going thru the EEOC or MSPB is going to help.
Going to Congress is your best bet!

If Leadership want us to stop going to Congress, they need to step up and start doing the right thing! Hold these Sups and Managers responsible!
If BTodd holds those folks responsible, he will see the tide change.

As for that Witch Bouman, I wonder what style of house dropped on her!

#716 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

The Director thought it necessary to advise Federal Law Enforcement Special Agents that they cant smoke marijuana in Colorado? SERIOUSLY? For all the fine and dedicated ATF Agents, I will say I TOO am personally offended. We are professionals. We know the law. I cannot express how offensive such a suggestion is to the field. But thanks for the color coded leadership cards, now we know how to act. Leadership STARTS at the TOP. With the non mandatory retirements this year, we now have EVEN LESS experience in the field. One must ask if the agency leadership is oblivious to the mass exodus'.

Just a suggestion from a lowly field agent........Now might be the time to embrace those who challenge the current policies, NOT RUN THEM OFF.

#717 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

Mr. B. Todd Jones, a CAREER ATTORNEY and now Director of ATF, somehow thought it appropriate to Appoint a senior member(and a particularly abusive one) of ATF Chief Counsel to head ATFs EEOC Office in direct violation of the EEOC handbook. Is he asleep at the wheel OR just that vindictive and arrogant to think this would #1 be OK? And #2 go unnoticed?

EEOC Management Directive (MD) 110 Mandates that an Agency’s EEO office and Agency Counsel remain separate. It also states that agencies “must avoid conflicts of position or conflicts of interest as well as the appearance of such conflicts,” and that they “cannot allow ‘intrusion’ on investigations by Agency Counsel.”

#718 Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Retired Agent Jay Dobyns

Regular

• Administrators
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:04 AM

In 2007 ATF became aware that I was writing my book No Angel

In 2008 I filed a lawsuit against ATF for attempting to set me up and frame me for the attempted murder of my family through the arson of our home.  That case is ongoing.

In 2009 No Angel was published and was promoted internally by ATF on the Bureau's webpage.

In 2010, two weeks after I defeated DOJ's attempt to quash my lawsuit, ATF changed their position on my book.  Thirty-three months after they became aware of it and with no prior interest or action, ATF and DOJ decided to counter-sue me over it. 

A malicious prosecution designed to chill and slow my pursuit of the truth through my lawsuit?

DOJ and ATF have found it prudent to spend your money (millions of dollars of it) to fund a team of no less than ten government attorneys to beat me.

Yet today, in a time of fiscal crisis at ATF and on the heels of an unprecedented government financial shutdown and after spending all that money ...

... wait for it ...

... ATF undercuts the attack.  ATF is again promoting my book and putting it on display within the walls of the ATF Headquarters building in Washington, D.C.  It is being used to promote ATF's achievements on a wall labeled "ATF Authors".

As we continually see in the DOJ-ATF relationship, the right hand never seems to know what the left hand is up to.

You might ask how can ATF and DOJ dedicate so much money and man-hours to deny "a compromise to national security" and at the same time use it to their advantage for free?  I don't know.  You might need to go to Attorney General Eric Holder or ATF Director B. Todd Jones for the answer.

You really can't make this stuff up.

Attached File  Slide1.JPG   59.86KB   1 downloadsAttached File  Slide2.JPG   64.83KB   1 downloadsAttached File  No Angel NYTBS.jpg   39.19KB   1 downloads

#719 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 12 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND.........SURE EXPLAINS ALOT

2013 Top Ten Accomplishments of ATF Executive staff

And Senior Leadership

1. Acting Director with a documented history of abuse and whistle-blower retaliation, Confirmed by Senate.  Even after attempting to intimidate current and future ATF whistle-blowers and complainants.

1. Appointed one of the most historically unethical, divisive and destructive attorneys in ATF Chief Counsels office to head the ATF EEOC complaint review process.

1. Demoted in title ONLY, the senior SAC and then DAD responsible for one of the MOST poorly run store front operations in ATF history. The demotion included the SAC not losing any pay or benefits, AND a transfer to the field division he had been begging to go to for many years.

1. The FIFTH AD of Internal Affairs to be demoted in TITLE ONLY, in 5 years for integrity violations. Said demotion resulted in NO loss of pay or benefits, and included a paid transfer to a SAC position in the city of her choice.

1. Former AD who lied before congress, showed great incompetence and disregard for public safety, who shares responsibility for the death of a U.S. Border Patrol Agent, is allowed to double dip at tax payers’ expense. Deputy Director Tom Brandon and the AD Torres who both authorized administrative time in direct contradiction to law and ATF policy remain in senior management positions.

1. Director Jones, Deputy Director Brandon and ADFO Turk allowed the Reno, Nv. field office to be stripped of its staff after bogus assertions were made by the Asst. U.S. Atty for that region. The managers who allowed the rift to spin out of control while costing taxpayers hundred’s of thousands of dollars and severely impacting the public safety were allowed to stay in their positions and quietly retire without consequences. Opened a ATF store.

1. While posting a threatening webcasts on the Bureaus website, Mr. Jones then looked the U.S. Congress in the eye and said he does not use reprisals against whistle-blowers.

1. Dir. Jones and DD Brandon allow the following managers walk away from a bunch of management atrocities without suffering any consequences, George Gillette, Bill Mc Mahon, David Voth, Hope Mc Allister,(non – supervisory Agent), John Torres, Julie Torres, Kelvin Crenshaw. All of these people were susceptible to termination or were recommended for termination . YET NONE OF THEM WERE. Except for Bill Mc Mahon. Scary stuff.
  2. Spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to defend against gross mismanagement litigation, have let NIBIN die on the vine, Purchased newly designed uniforms, handed out motivational playing card and provided Agents with integrity cards after promoting A SAC to DAD even though he was formally found to have retaliated against Agents in the SFFD.

1. Formed an AGENT advisory committee, and disregarded their significant findings. Reversed the negative findings by the committee related to Chief Counsels Office because they believed they are above the law.

#720 x1811

x1811

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 11 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

Very impressive career.

#721 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 11 January 2014 - 12:08 AM

The sad part of Jay leaving is that he is NOT mandatory. Like so many of our senior MOST skilled Agents, they can no longer tolerate the lack of focus and incompetence at the highest levels. Does anyone remember when you had to kick agents out the door because they were mandatory? I do. These days the field agents are counting the days to retirement. Equally chilling is that HQ doesn't even recognize that this is happening and doesn't care.I once asked as ADFO Chait if he was concerned that 25 senior agents had left who were not mandatory in the SFFD under the Martin/Gleysteen regime. He said in front of the entire FD that it wasn't true.I then broke out the FOIA SHOWING IT WAS IN FACT TRUE. He and Mr. MELAON DISCONTINUED THE Q AND A. Go figure.

http://www.ticklethe...ent-jay-dobyns/

#722 ProConfesso

ProConfesso

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Location10-20

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:49 AM

Does anybody know why the PDF numbers are so conflicting with the numbers on the DOJ website? Is it legal OR MORE IMPORTANTLY ETHICAL, for an Active member of Chief counsels office to be heading our EEOC operations at ATF? Shouldnt Ms. Bouman be recused from every pending EEOC case and those filed in the future?

Does anybody know why the PDF numbers are so conflicting with the numbers on the DOJ website? Is it legal OR MORE IMPORTANTLY ETHICAL, for an Active member of Chief counsels office to be heading our EEOC operations at ATF? Shouldnt Ms. Bouman be recused from every pending EEOC case and those filed in the future?

Dictator seditioniis sedandae et rei geriendae causa
Some members of the bar might be conscious that even the perception of conflict of interest is cause for recusal. But this is atf.
So..what to do. File a motion . Write a letter.
Judging by current climate apathy reigns supreme.
It's been beyond repair for a long time, don't you know.

#723 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:32 PM

COMING SOON..... The 2013 greatest accomplishments of the ATF leadership.

#724 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

How disturbing is this? How disturbing is it that ATF leadership denies there is a problem? Mr. Jones, Brandon and Turk are thumbing their noses at the dedicated employees of ATF as evidenced by their refusal to reign in out of control Chief counsels office as evidenced by Mr. Brandon completely ignoring the FAAP recommendations. Does this in fact VALIDATE those Congressional members who resisted Mr. Jones confirmation based upon allegations of reprisals and abuse? YOU BE THE JUDGE. Mr. Jones has been in charge either acting or confirmed for over 2 years. compare the 2010 stats and the steady increase. Sadly, these numbers were taken directly from the Official U.S. DOJ website TODAY..........................

Total number of employees        FBI 35,000+      

Total number of pending EEOC complaints reported end of yr 2012     312    Less than 1%

Total number of employees       DEA  10,000+

Total number of pending EEOC complaints reported end of yr 2012      53      Less than 1%

Total number of employees       ATF    4770

Total number of pending EEOC complaints reported end of yr 2012      1362  More than 25%

SERIOUSLY?????????

Where there is smoke there is fire America.

http://www.justice.g...eeos/nofear.htm

#725 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL. BE SAFE.

#726 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

How disturbing is this? How disturbing is it that ATF leadership denies there is a problem? Mr. Jones, Brandon and Turk are thumbing their noses at the dedicated employees of ATF as evidenced by their refusal to reign in out of control Chief counsels office as evidenced by Mr. Brandon completely ignoring the FAAP recommendations. Does this in fact VALIDATE those Congressional members who resisted Mr. Jones confirmation based upon allegations of reprisals and abuse? YOU BE THE JUDGE. Mr. Jones has been in charge either acting or confirmed for over 2 years. compare the 2010 stats and the steady increase. Sadly, these numbers were taken directly from the Official U.S. DOJ website TODAY..........................

Total number of employees        FBI 35,000+      

Total number of pending EEOC complaints reported end of yr 2012     312    Less than 1%

Total number of employees       DEA  10,000+

Total number of pending EEOC complaints reported end of yr 2012      53      Less than 1%

Total number of employees       ATF    4770

Total number of pending EEOC complaints reported end of yr 2012      1362  More than 25%

SERIOUSLY?????????

Where there is smoke there is fire America.

http://www.justice.g...eeos/nofear.htm

#727 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

Merry Christmas to ALL, and a safe and prosperous New Year. 2014 holds the possibility of restoring ATF to its once great status. Its all in the hands of the now CONFIRMED leadership.

#728 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 04 December 2013 - 01:02 PM

He done good.

http://video.foxnews...st-and-furious/

#729 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

Take a moment and show support to a guy who hung it all out to do the right thing.If ATF won't honor him, we can.

Deliver to your Kindle or other device

This title will be auto-delivered to your Kindle on December 3, 2013.

ariel-kindle-book-DP-widget-collage._V35
Anybody can read Kindle books—even without a Kindle device—with the FREE Kindle app for smartphones and tablets.

51NCtN5jgFL._AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-4
Click to open expanded view
51NCtN5jgFL._SS30_.jpg

The Unarmed Truth: My Fight to Blow the Whistle and Expose Fast and Furious [Kindle Edition] John Dodson (Author)
Print List Price: $26.00 Kindle Price: $11.89 You Save: $14.11 (54%) Sold by: Simon and Schuster Digital Sales Inc

#730 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

Does anyone have access to the 2013 OPM employee survey results for ATF specifically? (Homeland Security's have been published). Have they released them?  I was advised they were completed and delivered to the agencies. It would be very interesting to see how we've improved in field trust and confidence in the integrity and honesty of our managers. Wouldn't it? I'm assuming we fared well, since our Director has been in place for over two yrs now and has purportedly made so many changes. RIGHT?

#731 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

Joey's goodbye email confirmed the rumors of his departure from the NYFD ending a 2 year long tragic comedy. According to his farewell email, we have accomplished a tremendous amount under his direction. Just to be clear, here is what he has accomplished in the NY Field Division - NOTHING!!! except a complete breakdown of trust and communication. In short, his leadership if we can even call it that has been an epic failure, full of spite and self indulgence. Word is SAC Joey had his staff scramble to set up executive indoor air cooled range dates exclusively for him because he refuses to qualify with his agents and supervisors. Way to lead by example!! And who can forget his famous "I have a good idea" tour when he first got here. What a success that was. Was the last time anyone upstate saw him in person. An apology email for the past 2 years would have been more appropriate than one bragging of false victory. He undoubtedly FAILED here but certainly took care of himself. Hopefully they offer leadership training in DC. The initial assessment of this guy by Sleepless has proven more than accurate. Good riddance from the the silent majority in NYFD...... and don't forget the coffee and tartlets for the Director.

"Leadership is action, not position." ~Donald H. McGannon

Would you please post the exit email? If for nothing else, a lil entertainment. The problem is clear to everyone. Mr. Jones et al. are not engaging the field, and are being directed by lawyers instead of leaders. This incessant idea that we can move forward without addressing the damages of the recent past is absurd. Secondly, for all Mr. Jones touting of his formative USMC career, he learned NOTHING about taking care of your troops. The divide between his HQ and the field is a cavern and he apparently believes that ignoring the abuses and shuffling the deck chairs is whats needed to fix it. IF, and I say IF the SAC Joey storys are true, why didnt Mr. Jones and Brandon address his failed leadership skills. Hate to be the cliche' guy, BUT..........DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND EXPECTING DIFFERENT RESULTS......................................

#732 BennyHill

BennyHill
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

http://nyti.ms/171ZrGY
In his second revealing interview in two weeks, Pope Francis called the Roman Catholic Church overly clerical and insular, interested in temporal power and often led by “narcissists.”
See comments:, "Narcissists flattered and thrilled by their courtiers". Sounds like a few sacs and one in particular Miami to ny to dc.
"Rid the church of careerists, climbers and those who value clerics more than laity." Good advice here.
A wise man.

Joey's goodbye email confirmed the rumors of his departure from the NYFD ending a 2 year long tragic comedy. According to his farewell email, we have accomplished a tremendous amount under his direction. Just to be clear, here is what he has accomplished in the NY Field Division - NOTHING!!! except a complete breakdown of trust and communication. In short, his leadership if we can even call it that has been an epic failure, full of spite and self indulgence. Word is SAC Joey had his staff scramble to set up executive indoor air cooled range dates exclusively for him because he refuses to qualify with his agents and supervisors. Way to lead by example!! And who can forget his famous "I have a good idea" tour when he first got here. What a success that was. Was the last time anyone upstate saw him in person. An apology email for the past 2 years would have been more appropriate than one bragging of false victory. He undoubtedly FAILED here but certainly took care of himself. Hopefully they offer leadership training in DC. The initial assessment of this guy by Sleepless has proven more than accurate. Good riddance from the the silent majority in NYFD...... and don't forget the coffee and tartlets for the Director.

"Leadership is action, not position." ~Donald H. McGannon

#733 x1811

x1811

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:21 AM

Upon closer review, it seems that this complaint was filed by an FBI agent.  Whatever!  I think he speaks for all 1811's in agencies taken over by political correctness.

#734 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

The attached document is LONG OVERDUE. Apparrently a group of Agents has finally become disguated by the pandering going on within ATF regrding special interest groups. It would appear that a class action is appropriate

Attached Files

#735 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE WORN THE EAGLE, GLOBE AND ANCHOR.............HAPPY BIRTHDAY U.S.M.C.      SEMPER FI

#736 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:09 AM

ATF Chief Counsel and the Executive staff recently required ALL employees to sign a NEW and Improved non disclosure agreement far exceeding anything we collectively agreed to as the terms of our employment. It was immediately recognized as an attempt to intimidate whistle-blowers and those who would expose corruption and gross mismanagement in the Bureau. They threatened termination and civil litigation against anyone who spoke outside the Bureau. If employees did not sign the CLEARLY excessive agreement, they would cancel access to the necessary data bases we need to do our job,

THE RUB HERE??????????????

They are counter-suing Jay Dobyns for writing a book that did nothing but promote ATF. They are beating on Jon Dodson about his book. They tried to terminate me for testifying truthfully UNDER SUBPOENA, BUT,

http://www.gq.com/ne...?printable=true

They not only sanction this story but SELL THE FARM for a little publicity trying to create a picture that the heinous acts of Fast and Furious, the Milwaukee debacle, The GAO report on our NRT, The Double dipping of McMahon, The Glory hole senior manager etc etc etc are things of the past and dealt with.

WAKE UP MR. JONES, BRANDON AND TURK. INUNDATING THE MEDIA WITH FEEL GOOD STORY'S DOES NOT RECTIFY THE ABUSES YOU'VE PERPETRATED. FIXING THEM DOES.

Will the Agency now enforce the non-disclosure penalties against whoever gave away trade secrets placing ANY Agent who does a murder for hire case in the future in GRAVE danger? Will the head of PGA be removed or fired or better yet sued? Will every supervisor involved in this leak of sensitive, classified and law enforcement sensitive information be disciplined?  BET NOT.

#737 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

READ THE BELOW STORY AND LET THE DIRECTOR AND DD AND ADFO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

With proper leadership and experience, we are as capable as EVER of impacting violent crime and dismantling organizations. Get Chief counsel out of Operations, and stop blaming, vilifying and retaliating against Agents for doing their jobs and you'll be amazed how good our people are.

And the hits just keep on coming. We are opening a convenience store in ATF HQ to sell SWAG, while the Reno Office was virtually closed down because of gross mismanagement. The misrepresentations in this story are sickening. First, for Marvin Richardson to suggest that lack of man power was the reason for F and F is just plain silly and everybody knows its a lie. Not uncommon for Mr. Richardson who was found to have lacked candor on multiple occasions during his interviews with the OIG regarding the Dobyns threat investigation. Was he fired? NOPE, promoted.In fact, the table of penalties was changed almost overnight to remove the mandatory termination penalty to save him.

SAC Riehl, suggests that the Reno agents services were needed elsewhere and that's why Turk, Brandon and Jones decimated the most productive office in the SF field division. HMMMMMM, Im certain it had nothing to do with Both ASACs and the SAC being transferred and forced into retirement for GROSS mismanagement. For Mr. Riehl to make that statement KNOWING its not true, should cause pause at HQ and question why he was promoted to a SAC job at all after the failures under his direct command which led to a scathing indictment by the GAO of our most prestigious program, the NRT.

The NRA is the reason our productivity has tanked and we have to redirect our resources? REALLY? I thought it was because of the ABUSIVE and incompetent management staff between 2005 and present to include Martin, Gleysteen, Herkins, Vind, and Lee and their incompetent and retaliatory practices which caused..wait for it............wait for it........25 Agents in less than 5 years to leave the Agency NOT just the field division when they WEREN'T mandatory. When in our history have you EVER known that many Agents to leave what was once the finest law enforcement agency on the planet?

Unless and until we accept responsibility for our actions which have empowered the NRA and caused us to lose the trust of the American people and fellow law enforcement agencies, we will continue on this downward spiral.Senior agents and supervisors have and are leaving at an alarming rate, taking with them institutional knowledge that can NEVER be recovered. The average level of ATF experience in the San Francisco field Division is under 10 yrs. Who's going to train the newcomers?

http://www.sfgate.co...als-4950372.php

Someone should FOIA the ATF chief counsels office and the United States Attorneys Office to see how much they paid to order a psychiatrist FROM L.A. NOT San Francisco to do a psyche eval on SA Cefalu and in attempts to redirect the defense of their actions and reprisals. HUUUUUGGGGEEEEE dollars. The San Francisco United States attorney has spent alot of taxpayer funds to protect corrupt managers.

#738 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

READ THE BELOW STORY AND LET THE DIRECTOR AND DD AND ADFO KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.

With proper leadership and experience, we are as capable as EVER of impacting violent crime and dismantling organizations. Get Chief counsel out of Operations, and stop blaming, vilifying and retaliating against Agents for doing their jobs and you'll be amazed how good our people are.

And the hits just keep on coming. We are opening a convenience store in ATF HQ to sell SWAG, while the Reno Office was virtually closed down because of gross mismanagement. The misrepresentations in this story are sickening. First, for Marvin Richardson to suggest that lack of man power was the reason for F and F is just plain silly and everybody knows its a lie. Not uncommon for Mr. Richardson who was found to have lacked candor on multiple occasions during his interviews with the OIG regarding the Dobyns threat investigation. Was he fired? NOPE, promoted.In fact, the table of penalties was changed almost overnight to remove the mandatory termination penalty to save him.

SAC Riehl, suggests that the Reno agents services were needed elsewhere and that's why Turk, Brandon and Jones decimated the most productive office in the SF field division. HMMMMMM, Im certain it had nothing to do with Both ASACs and the SAC being transferred and forced into retirement for GROSS mismanagement. For Mr. Riehl to make that statement KNOWING its not true, should cause pause at HQ and question why he was promoted to a SAC job at all after the failures under his direct command which led to a scathing indictment by the GAO of our most prestigious program, the NRT.

The NRA is the reason our productivity has tanked and we have to redirect our resources? REALLY? I thought it was because of the ABUSIVE and incompetent management staff between 2005 and present to include Martin, Gleysteen, Herkins, Vind, and Lee and their incompetent and retaliatory practices which caused..wait for it............wait for it........25 Agents in less than 5 years to leave the Agency NOT just the field division when they WEREN'T mandatory. When in our history have you EVER known that many Agents to leave what was once the finest law enforcement agency on the planet?

Unless and until we accept responsibility for our actions which have empowered the NRA and caused us to lose the trust of the American people and fellow law enforcement agencies, we will continue on this downward spiral.Senior agents and supervisors have and are leaving at an alarming rate, taking with them institutional knowledge that can NEVER be recovered. The average level of ATF experience in the San Francisco field Division is under 10 yrs. Who's going to train the newcomers?

http://www.sfgate.co...als-4950372.php

#739 AIGDIW

AIGDIW
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

Thwarting violent crime at its best! I wonder the same thing... who are the people that did this...

#740 ProConfesso

ProConfesso

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Location10-20

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

The hits just keep on coming. Discretion to the wind. Upon reading this story I can now sleep safely at night knowing my Agency is committed to going after the worst of the worst. SERIOUSLY, a cop over a technical glitch? Now the Supreme court can embarrass us too. LAWYERS running a law enforcement outfit, DOESN'T work.

http://www.breitbart...icted-Policeman

I can envision reading Antonin Scalia's rebuke of this nonsense. This is what happens when you become an agent stenographer. What is really telling is that someone actually wrote a case report on this, a gs approved it, an sac signed it, a ausa prosecuted it and it worked its way thru the court system. Momentum does strange things as we know when a good man doesn't step up and put a halt or say no to such foolish things. Wouldn't you interview the purchaser and see that the recipient of the firearm is not, I'm assuming from the facts, a prohibited person. Clearly the intent of the statute. At the most a reprimand that you shouldn't do "it" again. Aren't their enough guns and felons in Chicago, Camden - you name the city to go after. This is another danger of the desk jockey quota system. Play it safe and pick the low hanging fruit.

#741 Retired and loving it

Retired and loving it

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

Once again, Chief Counsel and the Executive Staff, via an extremely inexperienced or incompetent first line supervisor strikes again. Take a combat tested Agent and for only God knows what reason, attack him because he didn't curl up in the fetal position after doing his job. IF and that's a HUGE IF, he was struggling there were about a 1000 other options besides re-assigning and reclassifying him. THAT'S exactly what happens when lawyers run this outfit instead of Agents.  Just thinking out loud here, did anyone in this Agents chain of command have a Phd. in psychology or are they licensed as such? Did they even DO a psych evaluation?

http://nypost.com/20...psych-demotion/

Vince, regarding your comment about attorneys running the outfit, I am reminded of a definition of "waste"  which I once heard.

Waste is a busload of attorneys going off of a cliff ..........................................................................................................................................

.......................................................................................................................................................with three empty seats!

#742 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

Once again, Chief Counsel and the Executive Staff, via an extremely inexperienced or incompetent first line supervisor strikes again. Take a combat tested Agent and for only God knows what reason, attack him because he didn't curl up in the fetal position after doing his job. IF and that's a HUGE IF, he was struggling there were about a 1000 other options besides re-assigning and reclassifying him. THAT'S exactly what happens when lawyers run this outfit instead of Agents.  Just thinking out loud here, did anyone in this Agents chain of command have a Phd. in psychology or are they licensed as such? Did they even DO a psych evaluation?

I worked with Adam back in the old INS.  He was always a stand-up guy who's been dedicated to doing the right thing.  I hope justice is done and he prevails.  I know exactly how he feels.

#743 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

The hits just keep on coming. Discretion to the wind. Upon reading this story I can now sleep safely at night knowing my Agency is committed to going after the worst of the worst. SERIOUSLY, a cop over a technical glitch? Now the Supreme court can embarrass us too. LAWYERS running a law enforcement outfit, DOESN'T work.

#744 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

#745 VINCENT A CEFALU

VINCENT A CEFALU

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationSAN FRANCISCO

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

The kind of vertical integration you might expect from someone who has had their own EEOC troubles and is perhaps angry at the system. The only system of justice available to some of the aggrieved.

This is the kind of headhunting this current Executive staff is encouraging.

#746 ProConfesso

ProConfesso

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Location10-20

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:24 AM

Draconian is the word you are looking for. How is it????? THAT

Mr. Jones and Brandon do not see the impropriety of Rachel Bouman, being the EEOC Administrative executive director for ATF, WHILE still acting in her capacity litigating cases and advising supervisors in the field. Does he think we are all STUPID? Remember, SHE decides which of your allegations are accepted for investigation. And she is protecting her communications based on Atty Client Privilege. Come On Mr. DIRECTOR.

Mr. Brandon et al. make a HUGE exception to the outside employment agreement for McMahon in exchange for his silence no doubt, but can't make an exception for Jon Dodson after they left him hanging in the wind and in some cases attacked him during Fast and Furious?

How is it that ONE of the first things Mr. Jones did upon taking the helm as the ACTING Director was form a Field Agent Advisory Panel which he touted to the media and Se. Grassley and Chairman Issa, BUT almost instantly upon being confirmed, the previous member are going to be removed and the FAAP as a viable mechanism of communication between the ALL KNOWING HQ Executive staff and the field, is now lame duck and being disregarded completely?

Smoke and Mirrors. Not ALL the threats in the world, not all the free leadership books or playing cards will encourage the field to close the gaps or follow this sort of "leadership". Respect and loyalty are EARNED, NOT demanded.

The kind of vertical integration you might expect from someone who has had their own EEOC troubles and is perhaps angry at the system. The only system of justice available to some of the aggrieved.

#747 abteilung

abteilung

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

And to think, in early 2012, I got suspended for three days for having in my cubicle, in a discrete location, a printed-out sarcastic email from a former ATF GS, which my then-supervisor found "offensive."  You actually had to look HARD to find the e-mail in question.  Meanwhile, another agent got away with mocking my line-of-duty injury by defacing a piece of mail addressed to me.

So, I applaud whoever complained about this asinine "slide" in the presentation.  The complainant actually got the attention of Main DOJ and Drudge Report. 

#748 ProConfesso

ProConfesso

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Location10-20

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

Http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/15/atfs-prescription-leaking-secrets-firing-squad/

#749 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

Regular

• Moderators
  • 568 posts
  • LocationClassified.

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

Draconian is the word you are looking for. How is it????? THAT

Mr. Jones and Brandon do not see the impropriety of Rachel Bouman, being the EEOC Administrative executive director for ATF, WHILE still acting in her capacity litigating cases and advising supervisors in the field. Does he think we are all STUPID? Remember, SHE decides which of your allegations are accepted for investigation. And she is protecting her communications based on Atty Client Privilege. Come On Mr. DIRECTOR.

Mr. Brandon et al. make a HUGE exception to the outside employment agreement for McMahon in exchange for his silence no doubt, but can't make an exception for Jon Dodson after they left him hanging in the wind and in some cases attacked him during Fast and Furious?

How is it that ONE of the first things Mr. Jones did upon taking the helm as the ACTING Director was form a Field Agent Advisory Panel which he touted to the media and Se. Grassley and Chairman Issa, BUT almost instantly upon being confirmed, the previous member are going to be removed and the FAAP as a viable mechanism of communication between the ALL KNOWING HQ Executive staff and the field, is now lame duck and being disregarded completely?

Smoke and Mirrors. Not ALL the threats in the world, not all the free leadership books or playing cards will encourage the field to close the gaps or follow this sort of "leadership". Respect and loyalty are EARNED, NOT demanded.

#750 ProConfesso

ProConfesso

Regular

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Location10-20

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

http://nyti.ms/171ZrGY

In his second revealing interview in two weeks, Pope Francis called the Roman Catholic Church overly clerical and insular, interested in temporal power and often led by “narcissists.”

See comments:, "Narcissists flattered and thrilled by their courtiers". Sounds like a few sacs and one in particular Miami to ny to dc.
"Rid the church of careerists, climbers and those who value clerics more than laity." Good advice here.

A wise man.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users